• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
It's between Fortafono, Smash 101, and Yoshi and Toad. I think I'm voting Yoshi and Toad, due to Tom Nook and Duck Hunt Dog.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...Just Vote. You have until 6 PM Central Time on Monday to vote, blah blah, Respond with a post below on who you voted for and why you did so.

PS:
Sorry about not being able to update sooner.

Notifications:
@Fortanono
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Kon Kon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@LumaOkami

New Rosters:
-Fortanono-

-Louie G.-

-GreenReaperGod-

-Tepig2000-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Kon-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

-Smasher 101-

-LumaOkami-

BLAH BLAH BLAH ELIMINATION VI IS FINALLY BEGINNING
YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY EVENING TO VOTE. AND HOPEFULLY SNOW WON'T SCREW ME OVER AGAIN!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Errrrr....

Tried voting for Smasher 101(only guy without a single unique character this round; you guys are making this harder) and it voted for Fortanono.

Poll may be bugged.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Errrrr....

Tried voting for Smasher 101(only guy without a single unique character this round; you guys are making this harder) and it voted for Fortanono.

Poll may be bugged.
I'm having a friend vote and he didn't have that issue. Odd...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I voted Fortanono. Sorry bud.
King Boo, Victini, and 3 KI characters this early in the game.
And I originally tagged YoshiandToad here about a problem with his roster, but I soon discovered I was wrong.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I voted for YoshiandToad, as much as I like his drawings. Anna replacing Marth, Krystal, Blaziken (I actually preferred Rawk Hawk!), Duck Hunt Dog, and (to a lesser extent) Porky are all choices that I just don't care for.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'll vote this time too.

I thought about which criteria I should use. I'll have a look at the series balance.

Fortanono: Kid Icarus has 3 reps having even more reps than Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem and Metroid.

Louie G.: Series balance seems ok to me.

GreenReaperGod: While I think DK, Zelda and Pokémon could have one more rep in relation to Super Mario, it still isn't that bad.

Tepig2000: Series balance seems ok to me. I'm not sure about 5 Zelda character spots aren't a bit too much. Also I'm not sure about 4 Kirby characters. It's close to the borderline in my opinion.

ThatWasPeachy: Series balance seems ok to me.

Golden Icarus: While I'm not sure about 2 F-Zero reps, balance seems still ok so far.

Jakor: DK and Super Mario on an equal level? Also Pokémon having only 3 reps compared to DK and Super Mario seems odd.

SmasherMaster: While I see Super Mario on an equal level with Pokémon, the 5:4 relation seems still ok to me.

YoshiandToad: 5 Super Mario characters and 4 Pokémon characters. While I see them on an equal level, small difference seems still ok to me. Also I'm not sure about 2 F-Zero characters. Last point I want to make: 3 Zelda characters puts Zelda, Star Fox and Donkey Kong on an equal level. Isn't that bad, but I would appreciated one more Zelda rep after all.

Smasher101: seems okay to me.

LumaOkami: 3 Kid Icarus reps? And 5 Super Mario characters on one side and on the other side 4 Pokémon characters. As I mentionned already a few times, I see Super Mario and Pokémon on an equal level. However 5:4 is still ok. 3 Fire Emblem characters seems too early at the moment at least for me.
------------

Looking at the rosters, some things stood out for me and I could not ignore this:
1. 3 Kid Icarus reps (Fortanono, LumaOkami)
I don't see 3 Kid Icarus reps happening at any time. 2 at best.

2. 3 Fire Emblem characters (LumaOkami)
At this point of roster creation, 3 Fire Emblem characters seems to be too early.

3. DK and Super Mario on an equal level of reps (Jakor)
I see 3-4 DK characters happen, but it seems too early for 4 DK characters yet.

Sorry LumaOkami, but having 3 Kid Icarus reps and 3 Fire Emblem reps already is to me in terms of series balance a bad balance.

I've voted for LumaOkami, however my choice seems to not be taken into account looking at the survey result.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Polls may be glitching out. If they are for people, spread the word that I'm not going to be counting it, but instead the posts here this round if this continues.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Polls may be glitching out. If they are for people, spread the word that I'm not going to be counting it, but instead the posts here this round if this continues.
Seems the poll doesn't immediatly update. Now at least one vote for LumaOkami has been noticed.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Seems the poll doesn't immediatly update. Now at least one vote for LumaOkami has been noticed.
I'll keep watch and observe it. But people do need to post if the worst occurs.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Voted for LumaOkami cause I don't like some of the choices he made for new characters in existing series. Ghirahim, Hades and Lyn don't seem like the best new reps for each of their series. Both Ghirahim and Hades are one shot only characters, and Kid Icarus getting 3 reps is very unlikely. As for Lyn, I don't think she would bring much to the cast in terms of playstyle. I would pick a character that would have the potential to be more unique for Fire Emblem.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I voted for LumaOkami as well. Her series balance is awkward due to the three Kid Icarus characters she has. Ghirahim is also a strange choice as well.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Looking at the rosters, some things stood out for me and I could not ignore this:
1. 3 Kid Icarus reps (LumaOkami)
I don't see 3 Kid Icarus reps happening at any time. 2 at best.

2. 3 Fire Emblem characters (LumaOkami)
At this point of roster creation, 3 Fire Emblem characters seems to be too early.
I voted for LumaOkami for the same reasons stated above. Especially since you added Ike as a third FE rep at your own will, without any roster restrictions.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
This is how I voted. These were the characters per series. The requirements were:
4 Mario
4 Pokemon
3 DK
3 Zelda
3 Kirby
2 Fire Emblem
2 Star Fox
1 Yoshi
1 Wario
1 Metroid
1 F-Zero
1 Mother
1 Pikmin
1 Animal Crossing
1 Kid Icarus
3 Other Series.

This was so that I could leave room so that people could be original. I go by characters per series so that my opinion on Pokemon or Fire Emblem does not cause people to lose points.

ThatWasPeachy:32/32
Smasher 101:32/32
Louie G:31/32 (Missing 1 Fire Emblem Character)
GreenReaperGod:31/32 (Missing 1 DK Character)
ScatsmansWorld25:31/32 (Missing 1 Other Series character)
Kon:31/32 (Missing 1 Fire Emblem character)
GoldenIcarus: 31/32 (Missing Fire Emblem character)
Jakor:31/32 (Missing 1 Fire Emblem character)
Me: 31/32 (Missing 1 DK Character)
YoshiandToad: 31/32 (Missing 1 Other Series character)
Fortanono: 30/32 (Missing 1 DK Character and 1 Other Series character)
LumaOkami:30/32 (Missing 1 DK Character and 1 Other series character)
Tepig2000: 27/32 (Missing 1 Fire Emblem character, 1 Animal Crossing character and 3 other series characters)

Tepig, you have had the least amount of points in this survey thing. If there was a tie, I would talk about the characters that did not cause a point and base on which character would be better for the roster IMO.

The poll says it's elimination 3.

Also, I noticed that I got a vote. Who voted for me and why?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It does say Elimination III. I changed it but it seems to be glitching out... :facepalm:

Starbound

Also, I noticed that I got a vote. Who voted for me and why?
The poll is really glitchy, which might explain where the vote on you came from. I think Axel is counting posts here if it gets really glitchy instead of the poll.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
this time i'm putting my vote up for anyone who didn't have the pokemon trainer (or version of him/her)
and the people who didn't are:
Louie G.
GreenReaperGod
Thatwaspeachy
Smasher 101
there was also Kon and YoshiandToad who didn't have him either, but I've made them exceptions for now
Kon was mainly because he has lucario, who is someone no one else has and made him more unique then the Pikachu, mewtwo, and meowth combo,
yoshiandtoad was mainly not because of his drawlings, but because I agree with his roster, and like a lot of his oddball choices (porky, duck hunt dog, tom nook)
so him and kon are kind of low priority on my vote list
so I just took out an RNG counter, and it came up a four, Smasher 101,
sorry mate you get my vote

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As it's going, we currently have a tie. At around 5 PM Central Time today, if that deadline hits and we still have our tie, We'll have a lighting round. ;)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I am trying to decide between Fortanono and LumaOkami...

EDIT: Voted Fortanono. Ghirahim and Lyn are more understandable than King Boo and Victini.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
30 minutes remain, hopefully we'll avoid a 3 way lightning double elimination round... We've currently got a 3 way tie.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
SOMEONE! ANYONE! PLEASE!

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It seems the inevitable... has happened.
WE'VE GOT A LIGHTING ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO VOTE OUT EITHER FORTANONO OR LUMAOKAMI! ONE WINNER, ONE WINNER ONLY SHALL SUCCEED! As usual, say who you voted for and why in a post below.

Answer Choices–
Responses–
-Fortanono
26.32%
-Louie G.
0%
-GreenReaperGod
0%
-Tepig2000
5.26%
-ScatmansWorld25
0%
-Smasher 101
21.05%
-ThatWasPeachy
0%
-Kon
0%
-GoldenIcarus
0%
-jakor
0%
-SmasherMaster
5.26%
-YoshiandToad
15.79%
-LumaOkami
26.32%
Total19

Notifications:
@Fortanono
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Kon Kon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@LumaOkami

HERE ARE YOUR CONTESTANTS
-Fortanono-

-LumaOkami-

LETS SEE WHO SURVIVES THIS BOUT.

LIGHTNING ROUND I HAS BEGUN
YOU HAVE 48 HOURS, UNTIL 5 PM CENTRAL TIME ON WEDNESDAY TO VOTE OUT EITHER LUMAOKAMI OR FORTANONO.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Voted for Luma because I hate Ghirahm..
(And 3 fire emblem reps is a bit much)
Doing this from mobile so hopefully my vote shows up..

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Oof, that was close. Thought I was going to go for a while. Looks like I better be careful who I add next round...

Out of these two I'm going to have to vote against Fortonono. While I don't care much about the choices of Lyn or Ghirahim, I'd take Hades over Medusa, don't think Anna should be added over either FE Brawl vet, and like I said in a previous round I don't really like the choice of King Boo.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I voted for Fortano, for previous reasons.

What happens if we get a tie during the lighting round? It seems like that may happen with what's happening right now.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Since for my juding this round, both of them were tied, I'm going to look at the characters that make their rosters different.

Fortanono has King Boo, Anna, Ridley, Medusa, Victini and Sonic.

LumaOkami had Rosalina, Ghirahim, Hades, Ike, Wii Fit Trainer and Lyn.

While I like some choices on both sides, LumaOkami has a better group IMO

Jakor

Smash Ace
Voted for LumaOkami for the reasons I mentioned previously. In short, Lyn, Hades and Ghirahim. I don't like Fortanono's roster much either, but eh.

Starbound

I'm gonna break them down franchise by franchise.

Mario: Rosalina vs King Boo. Rosalina is the better choice imo. Luma: 0. Fort: 1
DK: Exact same
Yoshi: Same
Wario: Same
Zelda: Ghirahim vs Sheik. Obviously Sheik is the superior choice. Luma: 1, Fort: 1
Fire Emblem: Anna vs Ike and Lyn. While I like the idea of Anna, I think Ike and Lyn is the better choice. Luma: 2. Fort: 1
Kirby: Same
Pokemon: Fort has Victini. Luma has none. Victini doesn't make much sense imo, so point for Luma. Luma: 3, Fort: 1
Metroid: Zero Suit Samus and Ridley vs none. Victory goes to Fort. Luma: 3. Fort: 2
Kid Icarus: Medusa vs Hades. Medusa makes more sense. Luma: 3. Fort: 3
F-Zero: Same
Pikmin: Same
StarFox: Same
Animal Crossing: Same
Earthbound: Same
Sonic:... This is the tiebreaker. If this were any other third party character, it'd be an easy vote for Luma.
However, Sonic is... Sonic.

What it ended up coming down to was if I felt that Sonic was added once the other Nintendo All-Stars were added.

and I really don't feel like that's the case here.

Fortanono gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom