• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Voted for GoldenIcarus due to over-representation (specifically mario and pokemon)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Unique with a twist!
I'm going to be judging on unique females this time in honour of the round rule. The females don't have to have been added this round and as per usual they still count as unique even if I have them on my roster. Only females count, so here's hoping you have some good uniques!
Only mainly female Pokemon would count for this, so Jigglypuff is the only one anyone's actually got. I can't count Lucario as a girl when the Smash one has a gruff man's voice.

Let's begin:

GreenReaperGod: Jill. 1 point
Scatmansworld25:
Mona, Sami...half point for Robin since you have the female version. 2.5 points
ThatWasPeachy: Barbara, Lucina and Toon Zelda count as a half point each as others have Chrom and Tetra, Bubbles. 3 Points
Golden Icarus: Captain Syrup, Impa 2 Points

So my vote this time is for GreenReaperGod who had only one unique female.

(Incidentally I myself had two, so I wouldn't have done that well on my own requirements; Anna and May/Hoenn Trainer. Bubbles I shared with ThatWasPeachy.)

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Unique with a twist!
I'm going to be judging on unique females this time in honour of the round rule. The females don't have to have been added this round and as per usual they still count as unique even if I have them on my roster. Only females count, so here's hoping you have some good uniques!
Only mainly female Pokemon would count for this, so Jigglypuff is the only one anyone's actually got. I can't count Lucario as a girl when the Smash one has a gruff man's voice.

Let's begin:

GreenReaperGod: Jill. 1 point
Scatmansworld25:
Mona, Sami...half point for Robin since you have the female version. 2.5 points
ThatWasPeachy: Barbara, Lucina and Toon Zelda count as a half point each as others have Chrom and Tetra, Bubbles. 3 Points
Golden Icarus: Captain Syrup, Impa 2 Points

So my vote this time is for GreenReaperGod who had only one unique female.

(Incidentally I myself had two, so I wouldn't have done that well on my own requirements; Anna and May/Hoenn Trainer. Bubbles I shared with ThatWasPeachy.)
Doesn't Mii count as a unique female character for me? I don't think anyone else has Mii.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Doesn't Mii count as a unique female character for me? I don't think anyone else has Mii.
I guess I could bumper that score up to 1.5 since the Mii could be either gender. It's not an exclusively female thing unfortunately thus worth only half a point. Same as Scat's Robin which I'm even questioning if it should count now since Golden has male Robin.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Voted for GoldenIcarus due to over-representation (specifically mario and pokemon)
Yeah, I figured that would happen. Hopefully I'll be able to cut down the size of the Mario series next round, assuming that I make it past this round.

Anyways, I decided to vote for ScatmanWorld for having the least interesting females, in my opinion.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
It's open hour and the game returns!
Who's been defeated in the arena this time? In a bloody, very close match, it ended up being @ThatWasPeachy. This was a very close round and it really came down to just a few votes. I applaud your efforts greatly!

Answer Choices–
Responses–
GreenReaperGod
26.67%
ScatmansWorld25
26.67%
ThatWasPeachy
33.33%
GoldenIcarus
13.33%
YoshiandToad
0%
Total15

As I promised, you get cuts. 5 Cuts are allowed, but your roster must be at a cap of 68 regardless.

Notifications:

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-Golden Icarus-

-YoshiandToad-

OMEGA COFFEE BREAK I BEGINS NOW!
YOU 4 HAVE UNTIL MONDAY TO SEND IN YOUR NEW ROSTER!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's open hour and the game returns!
Who's been defeated in the arena this time? In a bloody, very close match, it ended up being @ThatWasPeachy. This was a very close round and it really came down to just a few votes. I applaud your efforts greatly!

Answer Choices–
Responses–
GreenReaperGod
26.67%
ScatmansWorld25
26.67%
ThatWasPeachy
33.33%
GoldenIcarus
13.33%
YoshiandToad
0%
Total15

As I promised, you get cuts. 5 Cuts are allowed, but your roster must be at a cap of 68 regardless.

Notifications:

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-
-ScatmansWorld25-
-Golden Icarus-
-YoshiandToad-

OMEGA COFFEE BREAK I BEGINS NOW!
YOU 4 HAVE UNTIL MONDAY TO SEND IN YOUR NEW ROSTER!

Question; are cuts optional this time then or do we have to cut?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Question; are cuts optional this time then or do we have to cut?
They are fully optional and are up for grabs. Doesn't mean you are required to use them.

You may have noticed the small name change in the thread. I found that I think it could be long enough to where the term of it returning might have not nearly been that necessary.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I had the hardest time deciding cuts

Cuts(RIP)
  • Wonder Red. Five 3rd parties ended up feeling a little much to me. Not such a wonderful outcome for Mr. Fist.
  • Starfy. Took a friend's suggestion on this one and he felt Starfy was the weakest on the roster.
Newcomers:

A little odd that most my newcomers are Brawl Veterans this round:
  • Lucario was the first pick. The original Mega Pokemon is back! Had a tough choice between him or Jigglypuff for the sixth Pokemon slot, but felt Lucario had a stronger resume.
  • Falco finally appears! Took a while but I finally felt with 68 slots I could easily justify four Starfox characters. I was against Falco's inclusion for a while but since I've filled my roster with unusual picks and personal favourites I felt it was time to bring him in.
  • Toon Link. Okay, a few rounds back I was HEAVILY against this. Two versions of the same character? Yuck. But Zelda cannot have four characters if Starfox, Kirby, DK and Fire Emblem have four. Series balance may be a creation of Smashboards members, but I feel it's important to keep Zelda slightly above those.

Was going to go with Tingle but the same friend who suggested removing Starfy pointed out exactly how much I liked Wind Waker and Four Swords, and that technically Toon Link is a different person...and wouldn't have to be a clone. You'd think that'd be obvious but Smash 4's rendition of Toon Link looking so similar had me momentarily lapse on that point.
  • Saki, Sin and Punishment's main face and one of the best Assist Trophies gets a promotion into playable character!
  • Nikki: One of only two Mii that are actual CHARACTERS and not avatars(other being Party Phil, unless I've missed another major one). Nikki was of course recently fired from Swapnote because little kids can't control themselves with the camera...wouldn't it have been easier to remove the attach picture option?
I'm sorry...I just...I just couldn't add Mii in it's purest form. I know they're important, but damn.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I had the hardest time deciding cuts

Cuts(RIP)
  • Wonder Red. Five 3rd parties ended up feeling a little much to me. Not such a wonderful outcome for Mr. Fist.
  • Starfy. Took a friend's suggestion on this one and he felt Starfy was the weakest on the roster.
Newcomers:

A little odd that most my newcomers are Brawl Veterans this round:
  • Lucario was the first pick. The original Mega Pokemon is back! Had a tough choice between him or Jigglypuff for the sixth Pokemon slot, but felt Lucario had a stronger resume.
  • Falco finally appears! Took a while but I finally felt with 68 slots I could easily justify four Starfox characters. I was against Falco's inclusion for a while but since I've filled my roster with unusual picks and personal favourites I felt it was time to bring him in.
  • Toon Link. Okay, a few rounds back I was HEAVILY against this. Two versions of the same character? Yuck. But Zelda cannot have four characters if Starfox, Kirby, DK and Fire Emblem have four. Series balance may be a creation of Smashboards members, but I feel it's important to keep Zelda slightly above those.

Was going to go with Tingle but the same friend who suggested removing Starfy pointed out exactly how much I liked Wind Waker and Four Swords, and that technically Toon Link is a different person...and wouldn't have to be a clone. You'd think that'd be obvious but Smash 4's rendition of Toon Link looking so similar had me momentarily lapse on that point.
  • Saki, Sin and Punishment's main face and one of the best Assist Trophies gets a promotion into playable character!
  • Nikki: One of only two Mii that are actual CHARACTERS and not avatars(other being Party Phil, unless I've missed another major one). Nikki was of course recently fired from Swapnote because little kids can't control themselves with the camera...wouldn't it have been easier to remove the attach picture option?
I'm sorry...I just...I just couldn't add Mii in it's purest form. I know they're important, but damn.
oh good, I was actually about to vote you out this round for missing some prized veterans,
well, time to change my vote to someone else

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
oh good, I was actually about to vote you out this round for missing some prized veterans,
well, time to change my vote to someone else
Well, I guess we'll see if Falco(and Lucario and Toon Link) save my hide from other votes too.

(note to self; add Lucas and R.O.B. if I get through this round...juuuust to be on the safe side.)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Added Mii, Saki, Kamek, and Balloon Fighter.

Cut- Bowser Jr.

Replacement: Rhythm Wrestler to Rhythm Team- I don't mean to rip-off YoshiandToad's idea of having a team of Rhythm Heaven characters be playable as one, but the more I think about it the more I really like the idea. Adding the extra characters really helps represent the franchise better and add more variety to his moveset. I don't want to completely cut Rhythm Wrestler, I just really like the team idea more.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ don't forget you only have a few hours left to send in a roster!
Like, seriously. I need that ASAP or I can't update tonight.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Queue spots are avaliable. Care to be added? Read the rules on page 1 if you are wondering how this works.
I never asked f-steak,
my schedule cleared up greatly in the past month, I will like to participate in my our game, can I have a queue spot?
its fine if we're running out of spots though, I don't want to steal some poor fools spot

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Blue Hues in a slightly delayed update.

Better late than never, the second helping of the end, Omega Elimination II is here! Remember to post for who you voted for and why below!

Notifications:

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-Golden Icarus-

-YoshiandToad-

OMEGA ELIMINATION II BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE 50 HOURS TO VOTE!

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
This time, I chose to take the players with all forty characters I mentioned earlier (in this case, GRG and Golden Icarus) and put them in the safe pile. I will then look at the other two (YaT and Scat) and look at the differences. Person with the lower amount of points gets my vote.

Mario: Fine with both.
DK: Don't like the idea of Cranky being in over Dixie. Point to YaT.
Wario: Eh, Wario doesn't really need a second, and I'm not too crazy about Mona. Point to YaT.
Yoshi: Doesn't need two either, but Kamek is alright. No points.
Zelda: Six still feels like a bit much to me. Point to YaT.
Metroid: Three is fine but not needed, no points.
Pokemon: Ehhh...I'm not a fan of either choice, but I'd take solo Blaziken over a second trainer. Point to Scat.
Mother: I'm pretty indifferent to Porky but I don't really want him over Lucas (I know you said you'd add him next round but it's not next round yet). Point to Scat.
Fire Emblem: Not a huge fan of any of these, but Roy is at least a veteran and I'm completely neutral on Anna, where as I'm leaning towards against Lyn and Robin. Point to YaT.
Animal Crossing: I like the choice of Tom Nook and AC is big enough to earn two characters. Point to YaT.
Retro: Scatman has both of my wanted retros while YaT has a couple I don't really care for. Point to Scat.
Other: YaT has everything Scat has here and more. Yeah. Point to YaT.
Third Party: Five still feels like a bit much to me, honestly. Point to YaT.

YoshiandToad got seven points while Scat got only three. ScatmansWorld gets my vote this round.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Voted for Y&T due to some odd choices (such as Nikki, Fossil Fighter, and Doshin), some uninteresting characters (moveset wise) like Roy and Dixie, and I don't think Animal Crossing deserves two characters yet.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Since we're down to the wire now I'm going to have to adjust my rating system.

Since it's just us four now and the majority of obvious choices have been done, there's obviously going to be far more uniques than normal. So I'm going to skip that and get straight down to;

Series represented:

GreenReaperGod: 38

Scatmansworld25: 34

Golden Icarus: 36

Pretty close but Scatmansworld25 has ever so slightly less and thus is unfortunately my vote.

Incidentally GreenReaperGod would of also beaten me with this rating system. I had 37.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
voted for green reaper god,
choices were un interesting, along with having some of characters I do not want (mii, chrom, dark samus, aeron) he gets my vote

Chase

Smash Ace
Voted for Scatmansworld25; didn't like his choices of Cranky Kong and Mona.

Can I also be added to the queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom