• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

XavierSK02

Smash Rookie
I joined these forums a couple years ago, here is my old profile: http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=93493

I'd like to recover my old account if I could, but the email I thought I used for the account is apparently not the one that is registered to it, so I can't access it in any way. I tried contacting an administrator but I didn't get a reply. I'd really like to recover this old account. I can prove that it's me by accepting a friend request on the Brawl friend code listed on the profile if it's necessary. I can set a taunt to be something predetermined or something, anything to verify that this user is actually me.

Is there any way I can get access to this account?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Your best bet is to wait for a reply from an administrator. There will be times where not all admins will be available. If you feel it's taking too long for a response, try contacting another one, and keep waiting for a reply.

:phone:

Oonai

Smash Cadet
Hey Smash Boards staff,

I have been trying to create a table that can be copied and pasted to help with collaboration and community input. I would like the table to have the smash character 'mug shots'. When these graphics are copied and pasted, the graphics do not show up. In fact, nothing shows up.

Can you please tell me a way to create a table using the forums character graphics that is easily copied and pasted into a reply?

For example, I would love for this table to be able to be copied and pasted in a reply, in order to quickly compile match-up input:

__:zeldabrawl:__:sheikbrawl:
:bowserbrawl:
:dkbrawl:
:diddybrawl:
:foxbrawl:
:icsbrawl:
:ikebrawl:
:dededebrawl:
:kirbybrawl:
:linkbrawl:
:lucasbrawl:
:mariobrawl:
:metaknightbrawl:
:olimarbrawl:
:peachbrawl:
:pikachubrawl:
:pitbrawl:
:squirtlebrawl:
:ivysaurbrawl:
:charizardbrawl:
:samusbrawl:
:zssbrawl:
:wariobrawl:
:yoshibrawl:
:zeldabrawl:
:sheikbrawl:
:falconbrawl:
:falcobrawl:
:ganonbrawl:
:jigglypuffbrawl:
:lucariobrawl:
:luigibrawl:
:marthbrawl:
:gwbrawl:
:nessbrawl:
:robbrawl:
:snakebrawl:
:sonicbrawl:
:toonlinkbrawl:
:wolfbrawl:

Thanks so much!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There's no way to "easily" copy-paste interpreted HTML into raw BBCode. The closest you'll get is asking people to use the Quote button to pull the BBCode from your post.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you could put your table in code tags to allow people to copy/paste it. It won't look pretty in the code tags, however.

:wolfbrawl:

to

PHP:
[TABLE]
:wolfbrawl:[/TABLE]
edit- apparently, code tags still render table tags. Use php tags instead.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
There is a forum for user-blogs is that correct? Can someone please explain to me how I can navigate there? I can't seem to find it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You probably realized this already but creating blogs isn't possible right now, as I understand it the transfer will clear things up.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You definitely don't keep your custom title after your premium expires.

Is there somewhere where it says that you do? Because I think it will need to be updated.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
It does disappear when premium expires but you do have the right to get it back. I don't remember ever anyone saying you're not allowed to.

If your title is lost, post a request with your old title in Forum Support where someone who can fix it will be more likely to see it.
I have another quote from CK somewhere.

I've had my custom title back and so did Grey when his premium expired. The problem is that it resets itself whenever you change anything in your profile or even when you switch text colours.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It used to not change when premium expired. Must be more of the features MLG removed for no reason over the last year or so. I wouldn't mind having mine changed back, but I wont make a fuss about it

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The reason it didn't change before was because there weren't all these different user groups and colors with people changing all the time. In this case it isn't MLG's fault but rather just a limitation of vBulletin.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
People likely stuck to their colored groups because Premium wasn't colored back then. If you lose a group that you are currently using, it automagically places you onto another group, which of course wipes out your title.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
This is actually a fault of the vBulletin developers putting in a code to replace the user title when a user is placed in a group that cannot change user title in some update, not of MLG or any of us.

Ninjapanda

Smash Rookie
I apologize if I didn't look well enough, but I can't seem to find any sort of match-up thread, for singular brawl matches online between friends. As in, a thread in which I could post my friend code and list others' in the top post, and then freely arrange times to battle with anyone willing. I don't have much experience online, but I really want to challenge myself and see what others are like on this forum :)
I've also heard online play is a bit wonky, so maybe that's why the thread might not exist >_<
Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: Thanks Agidyne, definitely didn't see that. My bad!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
How do I set my forum post color? I tried typing magenta and Magenta, and have tried putting them in quotes, but it doesn't appear to do anything, unless I have to put in the hex code for that color. Or perhaps magenta is no longer a valid color (despite my older posts being displayed as magenta)?

Did my Premium count for the 4 days the site went down?
I'm not entirely sure, though I would assume yes.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It will count only if you don't say anything. You've said something about it so now they're obligated to give everyone 4 extra days/give some kind of goody out! If the announcement is any indication, then some kind of comp. is likely.

Claire, I don't believe the tool is working. The old posts are likely that was since it was just transferred data or some kind of mumbo jumbo like that.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Claire, I don't believe the tool is working. The old posts are likely that was since it was just transferred data or some kind of mumbo jumbo like that.
Yeah, I actually have to put in the color tags manually, which is a real annoyance. Anything for aesthetics, I guess.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Also make sure you change your settings. The setting to see other people's custom text color is off by default.

D

Deleted member

I had the custom title set to my account permanently without premium, but I can't find the option to change it to something else. How do I get to it? I've been digging around in the options without much luck.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Click on your username at the top right of the page > Personal Details

Underneath your avatar should be where you can input your custom user title.

Top Bottom