• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
550x128 is the size that works on all skins.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man, i'll see what I can do. And sorry for the late replay D:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi guys, haven't been here in a long time. Anyway, i've noticed it for a long time now but never questioned it...

Is the 1 minute break between searches for any reason? I use it to navigate my way around the boards for the most part, see, so I get the message a lot ha. Is it to help stop an overload of traffic at one time or something of the sort? I've never really truly known why that's there.

Cheers! =)

ndayday

BRoomer
Yes, that's precisely why. I recall sometimes it has been 30 seconds, but it creates too much stress on the servers iirc.

reslived

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I'm just getting used to the scene. I've been loosely following everything for a while but I'm just now starting to get a little active.

I'm a fan of videogame commentating. I commentate a good amount of starcraft 2 and I like to commentate brawl games between my friends. Every character has a video-critique forum. Is there such a thing as a commentary-critique forum? I'd really like to share some videos with smashboards.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Hey quick question: its time for me to get a new controller, and as most of you i will ONLY play with original nintendo gamecube brand controllers. Is there a good thread where fellow smashers list trustworthy websites for purchasing original nintendo gamecube controllers? ive gone on Ebay AND Amazon. but alot of the listed controllers are 3rd party or listed as original and then reviewed as 3rd party, soooo it is hard to trust them in what i am getting for my money. im sure others out there might have this problem.....thanks in advance for ANY assistance. happy smashing!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah I like the white ones. They are official nintendo brand and they have a longer cord than the other colors (i think the original colors have 6ft cords and the whites have 10ft). Other than that, they are exactly the same. Some people have tried to make "which color controller is the best" threads, but as far as I can tell there is no difference between any of them (besides the cord length).

Since were kinda on the topic, I'll give you one tip: get a tri-wing screwdriver and swap the standard control stick pad with the pad from a wii-nunchuck. The original GC controller pad tends to wear away quickly while the nunchuck's grip is superior. The original GC pad is also rounded outward while the nunchuck's is more flat and has a single groove before curving down. Here is a pair of pictures showing the difference:

http://i.imgur.com/8hXnN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qaM0e.jpg

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I haven't opened all controllers up, but there's a definite inner manufacturing difference between the black and platinum controllers' triggers. Other than that, buttons and control sticks seem to have the same functionality overall.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah and there are at least two types of case types. I ran into a problem when color swapping, even though both halves were black the cases wouldn't fit together. Haven't ran into that problem since, though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I like the white ones. They are official nintendo brand and they have a longer cord than the other colors (i think the original colors have 6ft cords and the whites have 10ft). Other than that, they are exactly the same. Some people have tried to make "which color controller is the best" threads, but as far as I can tell there is no difference between any of them (besides the cord length).

Since were kinda on the topic, I'll give you one tip: get a tri-wing screwdriver and swap the standard control stick pad with the pad from a wii-nunchuck. The original GC controller pad tends to wear away quickly while the nunchuck's grip is superior. The original GC pad is also rounded outward while the nunchuck's is more flat and has a single groove before curving down. Here is a pair of pictures showing the difference:

http://i.imgur.com/8hXnN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qaM0e.jpg
Oh was that it? I didn't think it applied to all GC controllers, just the un-official ones. Dang... Still, I enjoy the comfort of a new GC control-stick pad whereas I prefer worn-down Nunchuk ones. Any ones that don't break down? Also that don't come off easily?

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
How can i get my location and gender and the rest of my info changed to the color #00FF00
Be a neat xmas present XD

ndayday

BRoomer
They're not handed out, from what I understand the criteria is having made a valuable and lasting contribution to the site/community. I'm not really sure what that entails specifically.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
They're not handed out, from what I understand the criteria is having made a valuable and lasting contribution to the site/community. I'm not really sure what that entails specifically.
So over 200 dollars in premium doesnt count XD

ndayday

BRoomer
A board needs a mod and then all the possible options are looked at by higher staff. Being a mod isn't really that special by the way.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
[COLLAPSE="modship thoughts, nothing important"]I always thought that 'unmod' meant you had been 'kicked out' of modship (effectively) for breaking some rule and for a long time made that negative association with quite a few people who had 'unmod'. Took me a long time to realize it simply meant 'not a mod anymore' with nothing else to it. [/COLLAPSE]

Anyway, i've been meaning to ask this for a while... i've been noticing of late more and more non-mods and generally members of the community answering questions on here. Is that officially allowed now? I just ask because i've seen several questions I can answer but never have because i'm not entirely sure of what the rules here are now. :-/

ndayday

BRoomer
As long as you answer correctly I don't mind. A staff response is usually wanted just to minimize questions being answered incorrectly.

That said that could change if it becomes a problem.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When it comes to linking, I know how to link to a youtube video... but how do I link to a specific point in the video? I've seen it done but not sure how I can do it. :/

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
at the end of the url add
&t=XmYs

X is the minutes in and Y is the seconds
so linking to a video 2:45 seconds in would be
...&t=2m45s

Top Bottom