• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The forums are so big, it can be really hard to find things... Apart from search(I easily forget names of threads and where i've posted things), is there an easier way to browse the forums, particularly in places you've posted to see if you got a reply?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Subscrib to the thread, you can do tha by going to forum tools when you're in a thread. After that those threads will b in your ser cp for subscriptions

Ange the BBR ruleset committee exists to attempt to create a ruleset that is mandatory for brawl tournaments

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The forums are so big, it can be really hard to find things... Apart from search(I easily forget names of threads and where i've posted things), is there an easier way to browse the forums, particularly in places you've posted to see if you got a reply?
Subscribe to the thread, you can do that by going to forum tools when you're in a thread. After that, those threads will be in your user cp for subscriptions.

Ange the BBR ruleset committee exists to attempt to create a ruleset that is mandatory for brawl tournaments.
Fixed.

Also you can set it so that you automatically subscribe to threads after you post in them by going to your User CP > Edit Options > Change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" from "Do not subscribe" to any of the other options. Then you can just check your user CP for updates on new posts in threads you post in from then on.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but a friend once told me something about a new super smash bros. coming out at one point in the future. Is there a new one coming out sometime in the next few years? If so, is there any information as to what it might be like? Soryy if i'm saying something i shouldn't, just wondering.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but a friend once told me something about a new super smash bros. coming out at one point in the future. Is there a new one coming out sometime in the next few years? If so, is there any information as to what it might be like? Soryy if i'm saying something i shouldn't, just wondering.
Kind of. Article can say it better than I can, so.
http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12007

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It says that he has thoughts on another, yet in the article he pretty much says the opposite. I'm quite confused now :-P
We all are! XD

You can also click on your profile and click 'find more posts by this user' and that'll take you to all your posts in order of time, so you can flip through there as well.

Hey, I have a suggestion concerning User Group functionality. Maybe there could be a type of alert system implemented? I'm rather busy daily and don't really remember to consistently check the groups I'm apart of, which can make me miss important posts and things.

Just a thought...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm guessing you're talking about Social Groups?

You can subsribe to the discussions in the groups. If there are any new posts, the discussion will show up in your User CP.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I notice i tend to feel really out of place. I'm critiqued for putting something in that has been said before, it's just, well, 24 pages... It just feels like a lot to go through just to make sure what you have to say hasn't been said before. I'm also critiqued for putting things in wrong places, even when it seems as though the threads i'm putting the posts in are where they should be, even though they aren't. Is there a way around this? It's so hard to know one place from the other.... I've never actually been in a forum this big before... Just feels as if everything i do will be wrong in some way....

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The best suggestion I can give is to lurk more. Read before you post. If you're unsure if something has been brought up before, there's the search function. See what corresponds to each subforum, and respond accordingly.

Basically, just broaden your knowledge of the boards, and you'll be fine.

ndayday

BRoomer
You don't have to go that far, and don't worry, everyone starts off that way (bro, even I did). Just lurk a little like Lythium said. If you feel like perhaps your thread is a simple question, ask in the social room or the Q&A thread which are basically staples of the Brawl boards. People appreciate that.

On the main page just look through the board descriptions, and that usually helps.
And really, you can get through the boards just great by simply posting in already active threads, you don't really have to make new threads all the time. I make very few threads myself.

Frown

poekmon
Keep in mind that if you feel like people aren't treating you well, report their posts and the staff will take a look at the situation or if it's a certain member who is treating you badly, make a post in Forum Support on top of the main page. We really don't want new members to feel like they aren't welcome.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You don't have to go that far, and don't worry, everyone starts off that way (bro, even I did). Just lurk a little like Lythium said. If you feel like perhaps your thread is a simple question, ask in the social room or the Q&A thread which are basically staples of the Brawl boards. People appreciate that.

On the main page just look through the board descriptions, and that usually helps.
And really, you can get through the boards just great by simply posting in already active threads, you don't really have to make new threads all the time. I make very few threads myself.
Actually, a lot of threads i make tend to be curiosity threads. They are one of the few things i have the feeling not a lot of people have talked about before. I can always look, but as i said before, going through however many pages seems a little much, so i'm thinking the search function would work.

ndayday

BRoomer
For things you're curious about, a good place to ask is that boards social thread or their Q&A thread. Social if you want a potential discussion, and Q&A if you want straight up answers.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The only thing is, if i post it in new threads, i'm worried i'll take a thread off topic, which isn't really what i'd like to do.

ndayday

BRoomer
"Sorry to interrupt,"

or

-insert somewhat relevant sentence to current discussion-
"By the way,"

Of course I'd only do that in a social thread, social threads are social, there is no real topic in those.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why doesn't my signature always appear under my posts, even if one post in a thread has it and the other(in the same thread, even the same page) doesn't?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Some sections of the board don't allow signatures to show. Usually, quoting a post or checking off the "Show your signature" will have your signature appear but if you do try to show your sig, have it matching the size of your post.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It is Thursday and I still do not have the premium membership. It was pay pal item number: edefcac433586dd20d182262cc034f82 . Does it normally take this long? Because I really wish to post polls and change my name :(.

ndayday

BRoomer

arch knight

Smash Lord

LSDX

Wah!
It is Thursday and I still do not have the premium membership. It was pay pal item number: edefcac433586dd20d182262cc034f82 . Does it normally take this long? Because I really wish to post polls and change my name :(.
Mine is also taking quite some time to arrive. Here is my paypal receipt and I have yet to receive Premium Membership. Also, I accidentally ordered two 12 Month Memberships, so the second one needs to be removed from my Paypal if that's possible.

And yes, I have talked to Virgilijus about this.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Virg is in charge of all things related to premium, so he's most likely the one to sort it out for you, and only an admin is capable of fixing a problem like that, anyway.

Frown

poekmon
Mine is also taking quite some time to arrive. Here is my paypal receipt and I have yet to receive Premium Membership. Also, I accidentally ordered two 12 Month Memberships, so the second one needs to be removed from my Paypal if that's possible.

And yes, I have talked to Virgilijus about this.
I doubt that you can get your money back that easily. But after all, that's one additional year of fun in the Disco Room! :bee:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Virg is in charge of all things related to premium, so he's most likely the one to sort it out for you, and only an admin is capable of fixing a problem like that, anyway.
So if I wait a little longer, and I still do not get premium I go to her for help, right?

I doubt that you can get your money back that easily. But after all, that's one additional year of fun in the Disco Room! :bee:
The years stack? So If I pay one payment for 12 months and another payment for 3 months, I can stay premium for 15 months?

Top Bottom