• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

flaco

The Terminator
You don't pay to become a brommer you apply for it just to let you know and about the part of someone paying for you although you only pay to become premium

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
When you get character specific mods, will you be choosing new people, or will you be just assigning already mods these rooms?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Whatever happened to the monthly surveys for a chance to win premium, title, custom avatar, etc. Will they be done again? I really liked those...

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Actually, it's in Group Memberships. Just to let the BRoom know you're interested.

Wak...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I noticed that there is a new mod, PrinceZane. Is he really a new mod or am I just high and never noticed him before? More importantly, does this have anything to do with character specific moderation?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I noticed that there is a new mod, PrinceZane. Is he really a new mod or am I just high and never noticed him before? More importantly, does this have anything to do with character specific moderation?
heh, stop asking about character specific moderation you all will find out soon what will happen with that.

stupid broomers and spamming this thread... :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, and whoever asked about surveys it's really all up to Gideon. I assume that either 1) He's gotten too busy to maintain them or 2) He has no need to distribute them anymore.

Sensai

Smash Master
Concerning spoiler tags with the Opera browser:

I'm not sure how much you guys control this, but when something is put in between spoiler tags and viewed on Opera's browser (the desktop version, unsure of the Wii version), it is displayed simply has having a black background; with the site already being dark, it's difficult to differentiate between spoilers and normal text. Anyway you could tweak that?

...besides telling me to switch to FireFox?

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys consider perhaps making a sub-room of this Pool Room which is kind of like the Debate Hall in that it could be read by all but only posted in by a few. Admitting people to the room would be based on their post quality and to keep competition high, there could only be a certain number of spots available. I think it would probably provide for better posting because people would be trying to get in to the higher tiered room (same as the Pool Room, but maybe less strict rules or something).

Unless this room isn't active enough for a room like that to work.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Would you guys consider perhaps making a sub-room of this Pool Room which is kind of like the Debate Hall in that it could be read by all but only posted in by a few. Admitting people to the room would be based on their post quality and to keep competition high, there could only be a certain number of spots available. I think it would probably provide for better posting because people would be trying to get in to the higher tiered room (same as the Pool Room, but maybe less strict rules or something).
The Back Room (2 Viewing)
This room is for valued SWF members. To possibly gain access you must be recognized as an excellent poster and a valuable SWF member.

The last thing Smashboards needs is more rooms, anyways. There are already several (basically) dead rooms drifting around Smashboards front pages, and that's never good for a forum.

My suggestion: Remove the RPG rooms. They're just taking up space, why are they still here?

flaco

The Terminator
Anyways, yeah one can no longer buy his/her way into the brooms. That option was removed in the latest changes regarding premium memberships.
Actually, it's in Group Memberships. Just to let the BRoom know you're interested.

Wak...
Originally Posted by Mic_128
I will warn the next person who posts without a question, or answers a question and they aren't a Mod.

I see that nobody cares if uncle meat answerers anyway why does Duke has a different name that all others I mean it needs to be smash lord and he ain't premium why?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, Gid's join date is August 21st, 2000. That's probably not the exact date, as dates in the archive have been messed up over the years, but it's somewhere around that time.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I believe Wikipedia has it at 1999. Gid was 13 years old when he made this site.

Do you win anything in Forum Awards or is it just for bragging rights?

marthsword

Smash Ace
If you become a smash child at 25 posts, how come I saw a member with 95 posts that had the title "smash n00b?"

Remove the RPG Section, it takes up space and nothing goes on

Is "Smash Scholar a real custom title? I noticed The Cape and SDM had it.

Ban questions: Is it possible to get an automatic ban without warnings leading up to it? If you get more than six points, is that how you get a permanent ban?

If rep ever comes back, we will start it over again, right? Meaning that everyone starts at ten rep points?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you become a smash child at 25 posts, how come I saw a member with 95 posts that had the title "smash n00b?"

Remove the RPG Section, it takes up space and nothing goes on

Is "Smash Scholar a real custom title? I noticed The Cape and SDM had it.

Ban questions: Is it possible to get an automatic ban without warnings leading up to it? If you get more than six points, is that how you get a permanent ban?

If rep ever comes back, we will start it over again, right? Meaning that everyone starts at ten rep points?

1st question: read the topic that talks about smash ranks in the pool room, it's in one of the stickies.

3rd question: read answer to first question

4th question: If you piss us off, we can temp ban or perma ban you whenever we want despite the amount of points you have. Also, getting six points for different infractions usually means you are merely temp banned and not perma banned; however, it can happen depending on the situation.

5th question: If rep comes back, it will most likely be a completely different system. Yes everyone will start over but there would be different rules involved. This is assuming rep comes back; don't expect it to come back soon, if not, ever.

Skywalker

Space Jump
1st question: read the topic that talks about smash ranks in the pool room, it's in one of the stickies.
It isn't in there. I would know, as I wrote the FAQ. xD

A. They may have a custom title.
or
B. They haven't posted in a long time. Before a vB upgrade in August, the post count ranking called "Smash Child" didn't exist; any member with a post count of less than 100 would be titled "Smash n00b." If these inactive members were to post again, I guess they would automatically become a Smash Child. (Unless they had 99 posts, for then they'd turn into a Smash Journeyman).

Just clearing that up. :)

Also,
Would it be okay for me to add a guide about dodging the 10 character limit? (In the stickied Meet & Greet topic).

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh...well in that case I'm not sure; hopefully another mod knows the answer to your question about smash child/noob.

With the dodging 10 character limit, I'd rather you not. I assume the other mods would feel the same way; there is a reason why that is enforced and I'd rather not have people abuse the ways to dodge it.

Other than the payment you gave me last night *wink*, Duke, and via paypal, I believe you can also mail your payment in but again, I'd like another mod to confirm this.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I don't have to put up with this, cut it out.

Skywalkers Meet + Greet Guide said:
Custom Avatars

As a regular member, you can't have a custom title unless:

A. You're Duke
B. You have won 1st place in WWYP
C. You are a moderator or administrator
Hahaha, Why is that anyways?

marthsword

Smash Ace
Why do some members not show up on the members list? And some of the ones that I searched for were active.

I noticed AlphaZealot was in a group membership called "temporary debaters," and they have paricipated in "Debat with your Power." How do you get the title, and what is Debate with your Power?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Don't tell how to avoid the 10 character thing. It's a warnable offense to do so.

Debate With Your Power is a Debate Contest that was supposed to go on this weekend, but I forgot so it will take place the weekend following next. Next weekend (Feb 2-4) will be sign ups. We'll have a sticky on it soon.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Debate With Your Power is a lot like Write With Your Power in that it is a contest. For non-debaters to enter, they have the "Temporary Debaters" title so that non-debaters like yourself can enter for the contest held in the Debate Hall. It is a free membership, simply go to Group Memberships in your User CP and join group but only if you want to participate in DWYP. However, I don't know all the details so you should probably check with either Crimson King or Evil Eye for the specifics or wait for them to post something in the Debate Hall.

Suggestion: Would it be alright for members to volunteer to answer questions in this thread as long as they are correct? That way me or another member can save a mod the time of explaining it. To avoid worrying about if the answer is correct or not I simply won't answer if I'm not sure.

Edit: Crap, Crimson King beat me to it.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Suggestion: Would it be alright for members to volunteer to answer questions in this thread as long as they are correct? That way me or another member can save a mod the time of explaining it. To avoid worrying about if the answer is correct or not I simply won't answer if I'm not sure.
No, we'd rather not have regular member answer questions, only mods. This limits the amount of wrong responses that gets put in this thread. I'm sure a lot of you guys know what you are talking about, but at the same time, a lot of you guys don't as well.

Mic_128 said:
I will warn the next person who posts without a question, or answers a question and they aren't a Mod.

Top Bottom