• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Presents - Combat of the Gods - A Mythology-Based Platform Fighter

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Long ago there were various beings of great power who were kings among men. They had powers far beyond what we witnessed and inspired many tales of intrigue and lore. Now these legendary champions are forgotten and covered with the dust of time. However, not everyone wants to be forgotten, and in the world of legends a battle begins to brew. Soon champions from across time will begin to battle each other to become the eternal champion and be immortalized in the hall of record. The question is who will win and rise from the pack to become legendary.

1661646846869.png

Ra
Cerberus - The Infernal Hellhound (Summon)
Golem - The Clay Creature (Summon)
Head of Medusa (Effect)
Seven-League Boots (Effect)
Pandora's Box (Effect)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1
Submit a playable deity
Now this first job is more complex than others as due to the nature of the characters were basing this game on we need to set some ground rules for the first job.

1. No religious figures as playable characters: No current religion is allowed to have a playable rep. This is a fun and welcoming thread and I don't want to offend anyone.

2. These deities must be an original incarnation: This means the likes Disney's Hercules and God of War's Zeus are not allowed. The playable characters included are their own incarnations, with their own unique quirks to differentiate themselves from their base inspiration.

Aside from those two rules, this job has two additional rules for this specific task:

1. Only deities from Greek, Egyptian, and Norse myth are allowed, I plan to branch out to other regions should this thread be successful, but for now let's start with the iconic trio of pantheons.

2. Deities only, no legendary heroes like Achilles or monsters like Cerberus, demigods like Hercules are allowed, however.

Aside from that, pick your favorite deity to include, how they would play, and why they should be included. When we do movesets we will give these deities more distinct personalities and backstories.

Job 2
Submit the Battlefield/Final Destination equivalent
Submit a stage that acts as the Battlefield/Final Destination equivalent, or a basic competitive-friendly stage. Submit the basic structure of the stage and what the stage will look like. Also the stage is themed around mythology as a whole and not a specific myth or location so keep that in mind when submitting.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
The platform fighter creation grind never stops, doesn't it. Anyway, let's get started.

Job 1

Zeus (Greek Mythology)

1443469-zeus_by_thegryph.jpg

A no-brainer. He could be the Mario of this game and can use lightning-themed powers as he is shown to use. Therefore, he should be added.

Job 2

Mount Olympus

Mytikas.jpg

The home of Zeus as well as a main setting in Greek myth. This stage could have the Battlefield layout.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1661649843057.png

Ra
He has a good mix of qualities, being simple to implement in my opinion, while having unique options like sun-based powers and a spear, plus the ankh could make a unique recovery option.

Hall of Records
1661649933564.png

This is sort of a library where myths as old as time are spun by the announcer of the game. The stage is structured like Battlefield but with some differences, mainly being the main platform is a single solid block rather than a floating platform. A pair of platforms overlook the stage, with tomes showing the emblems of the represented fighters in the background, implying the playable characters are part of one big story.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It should be noted that the stage that acts as the Battlefield/Final Destination equivalent won't have a set theme, it will be themed around mythology in general and not one specific pantheon, just want to get that out there as a reminder.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job 1
Submit a playable deity
Now this first job is more complex than others as due to the nature of the characters were basing this game on we need to set some ground rules for the first job.

1. No religious figures as playable characters: No current religion is allowed to have a playable rep. This is a fun and welcoming thread and I don't want to offend anyone.

2. These deities must be an original incarnation: This means the likes Disney's Hercules and God of War's Zeus are not allowed. The playable characters included are their own incarnations, with their own unique quirks to differentiate themselves from their base inspiration.

Aside from those two rules, this job has two additional rules for this specific task:

1. Only deities from Greek, Egyptian, and Norse myth are allowed, I plan to branch out to other regions should this thread be successful, but for now let's start with the iconic trio of pantheons.

2. Deities only, no legendary heroes like Achilles or monsters like Cerberus, demigods like Hercules are allowed, however.

Aside from that, pick your favorite deity to include, how they would play, and why they should be included. When we do movesets we will give these deities more distinct personalities and backstories.

Job 2
Submit the Battlefield/Final Destination equivalent
Submit a stage that acts as the Battlefield/Final Destination equivalent, or a basic competitive-friendly stage. Submit the basic structure of the stage and what the stage will look like. Also the stage is themed around mythology as a whole and not a specific myth or location so keep that in mind when submitting.
Job One:

Deity Name: Artemis
Mythological Origin: Greek

I wanted to take a moment to consider a potentially interesting deity in the role of our "main character" - to which end I wanted someone with a theoretically simple to understand, but complex to master, moveset that has a focus on a high skill ceiling whilst still being approachable for newer players. I thus decided that Artemis is an interesting, if unconventional, fit for the role.

Artemis is the Greek goddess of the hunt, as well as the wilderness, archery, and the moon - with her being one of the most prominent lunar deities in mythology. I'd like to utilise various parts of this in her moveset, with a focus on a mix of long-range harassment with projectiles, and close-range attacks with knives and such. However, she is often also followed by deer and wolves, which I would like to represent by her having at least one move in which she is able to use them as semi-puppet fighters - sending out a deer to charge forward at high speed, which she and others are able to ride by hopping on top of (a little like Gogoat over in Smash!)

Picture her being a little like Young Link in terms of gameplay - having a mix of an oppressive rushdown style, and a stage-controlling wall of arrows. However, she's a lot lighter than other gods like perhaps Ares - in keeping with her nature as a hunter, not a warrior - and thus it means she's somewhat easier to K.O. than others.

There's actually a lot to work with in terms of Artemis as a character - the archetype of a "hunter" lends quite well to a fighting game, and I think the idea of her being represented would be quite fun.

Job Two:

Stage Name: The Ampitheatre

A general representation of theatres and theatrics as a whole, I think that this would be a unique way to represent mythology. The stage itself is atop a raised platform in the centre, though it's raised a lot more than normal (imagine it being a little like the ampitheatre in Wii Sports Resort) and is surrounded by a captivated audience. With myths and legends being presented so often in the form of theatre, I think it would be an unusual, but fun, way to see this represented - and hey, if we end up adding someone like Dionysus later down the line, we'd have a setup perfect for them as a bonus, but if not, it's still general enough to be great on its own!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entires will continue into today, want to have more entires do the vote can be more interesting

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay entries are done, time to vote.

Playable Deities:

Zeus
Ra
Artermis

Stages:

Mt Olympus
Hall of Records
The Ampitheatre

Vote for your top 2 of each list. You may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

Job 3
We need a better name for this game.
The current title is just a placeholder title and I was wondering what the community could think of for a permanent name for this game. It has to show that the game is a fighting game between various mythological deities. Submit a title for this game that is both functional and fits the type of game were going for.

Job 4
Submit a Summon
Summons are this game's assist trophies or Pokémon. They come from runes that summon one of several mythical creatures from across myth from fairies, vampires, dwarves, etc. The goal of this job is to submit a mythical creature that will act as a summon. Describe what the mythical creature is, where they came from, how they function, and other information. I am going to organize the thread more cleanly soon so I also recommend using the following template when submitting entries:

Name:
Title:
Origin:
Function:
Almanac Entry:

Almanac entries are like a trophy descriptions; every fighter, summon, boss, and item will have one. They basically act as lore and backstory for these incarnations of famous deities and mythical creatures and why they are here in this game and how they came to be. Titles meanwhile are similiar to the boxing ring titles from Smash Bros, basically a phrase that comes after the character.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Artermis
Ra
1661735621774.png

Cerberus
The Infernal Hellhound
Greek Myth

Cerberus, being the hound of the underworld, would have various hell themed powers at his disposal. Obviously he would have a very powerful bite to him using that as a close range attack. Meanwhile from afar he has a fireball attack made out of hellfire. He has one weakness however, he is stationary to the chain connecting to his neck and therefore is lacking in mobility. Still I would consider him on the better summons in the game.

The guardian of the greek underworld, Cerberus is the personal guard dog of Hades and Persephone. One third dog, one third demon, and one third dragon this beast strikes fear in both those who try to enter and escape the greek underworld.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Ra
2. Zeus

1.Olympus
2. Library

Name: Combat of the Gods
Generic name but I think it conveys the grand scale of the fights and the game pretty well

Assist: Jormungandr
“The World Serpent”

He circles around in the background of the stage, then points his head to the screen and bites at a random opponent. His head his huge and does massive damage and can hit multiple people at a time

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay entries are done, time to vote.

Playable Deities:

Zeus
Ra
Artermis

Stages:

Mt Olympus
Hall of Records
The Ampitheatre

Vote for your top 2 of each list. You may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

Job 3
We need a better name for this game.
The current title is just a placeholder title and I was wondering what the community could think of for a permanent name for this game. It has to show that the game is a fighting game between various mythological deities. Submit a title for this game that is both functional and fits the type of game were going for.

Job 4
Submit a Summon
Summons are this game's assist trophies or Pokémon. They come from runes that summon one of several mythical creatures from across myth from fairies, vampires, dwarves, etc. The goal of this job is to submit a mythical creature that will act as a summon. Describe what the mythical creature is, where they came from, how they function, and other information. I am going to organize the thread more cleanly soon so I also recommend using the following template when submitting entries:

Name:
Title:
Origin:
Function:
Almanac Entry:

Almanac entries are like a trophy descriptions; every fighter, summon, boss, and item will have one. They basically act as lore and backstory for these incarnations of famous deities and mythical creatures and why they are here in this game and how they came to be. Titles meanwhile are similiar to the boxing ring titles from Smash Bros, basically a phrase that comes after the character.
1. Zeus.
2. Ra.

1. Hall of Records
2. Mount Olympus

Job Three:
Hmm... how about War of Myth?

Job Four:

Name: Tengu
Title:
Sentinel of Sky
Origin: Japanese Mythology

Function:
When summoned, the Tengu will fly upward, sprouting wings as they use their feather fan to stir up great winds - specifically tornadoes, which can push opponents upward as well as stirring up wind across the area. Whilst the Tengu doesn't directly damage opponents (in keeping with its nature in more contemporary mythology,) the winds it creates can very easily K.O. opponents with high knockback.

Almanac Entry: A prominent type of yōkai, the Tengu were once malevolent demonic beings that acted as harbingers of war. However, over time, they became more protective - if still dangerous - and are spirits of the mountains and forests. It is said that the tengu may also be able to grow or shrink a person's nose...

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh I was just thinking about a game concept like this the other day! I'll definitely try and join in. First, voting.

1. Ra
2. Zeus

1. Mount Olympus
2. The Amphitheatre

Job #3

Myth Collision

We'd do well to explain right in the title that this is a crossover between myths, so Myth Collision sounds fine to me! Plus it's the same initials as Minecraft which has to be a good omen. What looks better though, Myth Collision or MythCollision?

Job #4

Name: Circe

1661796422740.png

Title: The First Enchantress
Origin: The Odyssey

Function: If someone summons Circe, an opponent should be prepared to crawl around on all fours. Circe's magic is powerful, and she will be able to reach any opponent that she chooses randomly. When the magic reaches them, the fighter will transform into a swine most of the time. In this state, the large pig can still move and be controlled by a player. It moves slowly and has a single jump, but pressing the attack button in this form will perform a decently powerful charge forward. Still, for the most part, they are defenseless. Attacking someone while they are a pig reduces the timer on their transformation. However, on rare occasions, Circe's spell can misfire. In these cases, the opponent will change into a gigantic wild boar. This form is faster, heavier, and more powerful than the pig, and it can be a genuine threat if the victim knows how to use it right.

Almanac Entry: As the sole inhabitant of the island of Aeaea, Circe makes sure her domain is one of a single woman and dozens of beasts. Being the daughter of a Titan and a nymph gave her magic on the level of the goddess. She uses this and her masterful knowledge of potions to transform all who enter her island into animals. When Odysseus and his crew landed on Aeaea, only Odysseus and one other man survived the night with their humanity intact.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Ra
2. Zeus

1. Hall of Records
2. Mount Olympus

Job #3:

Mythological Scuffle

Something cheesy and creative like that I suppose could work.

Job #4:

Name: Golem
Title: The Clay Creature
Origin: Jewish Folklore
Function: When summoned, the Golem will follow around the fighter that summoned it and attack any other foe the same way he/she is attacking. The Golem will do this temporarily until it dissolves back into clay after a little while.
Almanac Entry: As a clay creature, the Golem is super obedient and will follow orders. Regardless, these creatures can be either victims or villains. Even one of these clay creatures was created to defend the Jewish neighborhood of Prague from attackers. These clay creatures can come in handy!

Prague-golem-reproduction-1.jpg

I am not sure if this is allowed as golems are a part of Jewish folklore but I do not see the controversy in them as they are from folklore.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1. Ra
2. Zeus

1. Hall of Records
2. Mount Olympus

Job #3:

Mythological Scuffle

Something cheesy and creative like that I suppose could work.

Job #4:

Name: Golem
Title: The Clay Creature
Origin: Jewish Folklore
Function: When summoned, the Golem will follow around the fighter that summoned it and attack any other foe the same way he/she is attacking. The Golem will do this temporarily until it dissolves back into clay after a little while.
Almanac Entry: As a clay creature, the Golem is super obedient and will follow orders. Regardless, these creatures can be either victims or villains. Even one of these clay creatures was created to defend the Jewish neighborhood of Prague from attackers. These clay creatures can come in handy!

View attachment 359815

I am not sure if this is allowed as golems are a part of Jewish folklore but I do not see the controversy in them as they are from folklore.
Golems are okay, the problem is having religious figures as playable characters, I mean Jesus battling fictional myths would turn a few heads

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting has ended

1661817524951.png

Ra
The Egyptian god of the sun and lord over all other Egyptian gods won our first character. It was a close call between him and Zeus but Ra edged just a bit over the line to win.

As for stages, the Hall of Records won our first stage round. Being based off myths in general, this is a great choice for stages.

Now for the rest of the stages, each playable character will have a stage to themselves, a home stage if you will. So for the next job...

Job 5
Submit a home stage for Ra
As a home stage, Ra's stage should represent what he is affiliated with, in this case, the sun and the lord of the other Egyptian deities, as well as maybe referencing any myths he is known for, that way we can build a stage that fits his character. For stages submissions submit a name, what the stage will look like, general design, and any gimmicks that the stage will have.

As for the next job...

Job 6
Submit a legendary artifact
Legendary artifacts are like items. They are based off famous mythological artifacts such as the Holy Grail or the Golden Fleece, the job is too submit a artifact to be used as an item. Use the template below:

Artifact:
Origin:
Use:
Almanac Entry:

Now I want to say something about the religious themes in our thread. Its no secret that certain items like the holy grail and spear of logicians have been ingrained into pop culture, but items like the Bible, Torah, and other religious texts should not be used. A general rule of thumb is that if the item isn't ingrained into the religion it can be used, but if it is then don't submit it.

Aside from that its alsso time for voting

Titles:
Combat of the Gods
War of Myths
Myth Collision
Mythological Scuffle

Cerberus
Jormungandr
Tengu
Circe
Golem

Vote for your top 3 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place, it should be noted that the top 2 summons will be included, so vote accordingly.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Combat of the Gods
War of Myths
Mythological Scuffel

Golem
Tengu
Cerberus
1661823222098.png

Ra's Sun Barge
Ra is known for riding a boar across the night sky in his quest to make the rise. This stage will take place on his personal sun barge. This is a rainbow ride type stage where the barge will row across the night sky in a sea of stars. Periodically, a tower of stars will rise, requiring the combatants to climb up the stage before heading back on the barge again as the sun rises. The barge moves left during the night and right during the daylight hours.

1661822469442.png

Head of Medusa
Greek Myth

Upon use the head of medusa shoots a gray energy beam that does weak damage but slows down the opponent. When hit three times the opponent turns into stone making it immobile. The head can also be tossed at the foe for instant petrification, but that will destroy the medusa head in the process.
Almanac: Medusa's head was once chopped off by the legendary Perseus in his quest to kill the kraken, but a mysterious visitor saved her and heald her of her decapitation and gave her super regeration powers. Much to the Gorgon's dismay, the head is now used as a weapon.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job 5
Submit a home stage for Ra
As a home stage, Ra's stage should represent what he is affiliated with, in this case, the sun and the lord of the other Egyptian deities, as well as maybe referencing any myths he is known for, that way we can build a stage that fits his character. For stages submissions submit a name, what the stage will look like, general design, and any gimmicks that the stage will have.

As for the next job...

Job 6
Submit a legendary artifact
Legendary artifacts are like items. They are based off famous mythological artifacts such as the Holy Grail or the Golden Fleece, the job is too submit a artifact to be used as an item. Use the template below:

Artifact:
Origin:
Use:
Almanac Entry:

Now I want to say something about the religious themes in our thread. Its no secret that certain items like the holy grail and spear of logicians have been ingrained into pop culture, but items like the Bible, Torah, and other religious texts should not be used. A general rule of thumb is that if the item isn't ingrained into the religion it can be used, but if it is then don't submit it.

Aside from that its alsso time for voting

Titles:
Combat of the Gods
War of Myths
Myth Collision
Mythological Scuffle

Cerberus
Jormungandr
Tengu
Circe
Golem

Vote for your top 3 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place, it should be noted that the top 2 summons will be included, so vote accordingly.
1. Combat of the Gods
2. Mythical Collision
3. War of Myths

1. Golem
2. Cerberus
3. Jormungandr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Job #05:
Stage Name: Temple of the Sun
Stage Origin: Egyptian Mythology

1661842603435.png

My concept for this stage is that it's a representation of not just Ra, but Ancient Egypt as a whole. The fight takes place on a pedestal which people are flocked around, watching in excitement. The large walls in the background have a partition in the centre in the form of a walkway, in the centre of which the sun rises throughout the course of the match - with the match beginning at dawn and ending at "around midday." As for the statues, their laps act as platforms, and attacking them can knock them over - similarly to the second section of Castle Siege over in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, workers will quickly rebuild them, allowing them to once again be used as platforms.

Job #06:

Item Name: Seven-League Boots
Item Origin: European Folklore

The Seven-League Boots are a pair of magical boots that allow the person wearing them to take strides of seven leagues per step, allowing for incredible speed and fast traversal. (For context, a league is a unit of measurement originating from Ancient Rome that, in the English-speaking world, is roughly equivalent to three miles.) In this game, wearing the Seven-League Boots would significantly increase the user's walking and running speed - as well as endlag on melee moves and ground-based dodges - but only when on the ground. They have no effect in the air whatsoever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Also fun tangentially related point - Jesus has actually been in a couple of fighting games over the years, including Bible Fight, a Flash game published by [adult swim] of all people, and Fight of Gods, an indie Steam title in which He was incredibly overpowered. I totally agree that He shouldn't really be involved here (primarily for the sake of avoiding controversy and keeping the place welcoming), but I think this is just a cool random tidbit that'll never really be relevant anywhere else. The more you know, I guess?

1661842975019.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1. Combat of the Gods
2. Mythical Collision
3. War of Myths

1. Golem
2. Cerberus
3. Jormungandr

Job #05:

View attachment 359851

My concept for this stage is that it's a representation of not just Ra, but Ancient Egypt as a whole. The fight takes place on a pedestal which people are flocked around, watching in excitement. The large walls in the background have a partition in the centre in the form of a walkway, in the centre of which the sun rises throughout the course of the match - with the match beginning at dawn and ending at "around midday." As for the statues, their laps act as platforms, and attacking them can knock them over - similarly to the second section of Castle Siege over in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, workers will quickly rebuild them, allowing them to once again be used as platforms.

Job #06:

The Seven-League Boots are a pair of magical boots that allow the person wearing them to take strides of seven leagues per step, allowing for incredible speed and fast traversal. (For context, a league is a unit of measurement originating from Ancient Rome that, in the English-speaking world, is roughly equivalent to three miles.) In this game, wearing the Seven-League Boots would significantly increase the user's walking and running speed - as well as endlag on melee moves and ground-based dodges - but only when on the ground. They have no effect in the air whatsoever.

Also fun tangentially related point - Jesus has actually been in a couple of fighting games over the years, including Bible Fight, a Flash game published by [adult swim] of all people, and Fight of Gods, an indie Steam title in which He was incredibly overpowered. I totally agree that He shouldn't really be involved here (primarily for the sake of avoiding controversy and keeping the place welcoming), but I think this is just a cool random tidbit that'll never really be relevant anywhere else. The more you know, I guess?

View attachment 359852
I think Fight of Gods gained controversy for having Buddha as a playable character and got Steam banned in Indonesia I think, I think the last part is wrong but I do think that such a controversy happened and steam got banned somewhere

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will end in an hour, any last minuete submissions should be sent now

D

Deleted member

500x300_Pandora_Box_4376.png

Pandora's Box

The box that holds all of man's evils. Opening it up will cause evil spirits will fly out and cause chaos.

1. Combat of the Gods
2. War of Myths
3. Mythological Scuffel

1. Cerebus
2. Tengu
3. Golem

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
WELCOME TOOOOO
COMBAT OF THE GODS

This will be our new title. Thanks to whoever submitted that for entering.

Golem and Cerberus are also our very first summons in the game. Good choices all around. I like them all personally.

All three submissions for legendary artifacts are going to be included, but we still need to vote for a stage.

Combat of the Gods
War of Myths
Mythological Scuffel

Golem
Tengu
Cerberus
View attachment 359827
Ra's Sun Barge
Ra is known for riding a boar across the night sky in his quest to make the rise. This stage will take place on his personal sun barge. This is a rainbow ride type stage where the barge will row across the night sky in a sea of stars. Periodically, a tower of stars will rise, requiring the combatants to climb up the stage before heading back on the barge again as the sun rises. The barge moves left during the night and right during the daylight hours.

View attachment 359826
Head of Medusa
Greek Myth

Upon use the head of medusa shoots a gray energy beam that does weak damage but slows down the opponent. When hit three times the opponent turns into stone making it immobile. The head can also be tossed at the foe for instant petrification, but that will destroy the medusa head in the process.
Almanac: Medusa's head was once chopped off by the legendary Perseus in his quest to kill the kraken, but a mysterious visitor saved her and heald her of her decapitation and gave her super regeration powers. Much to the Gorgon's dismay, the head is now used as a weapon.
1. Combat of the Gods
2. Mythical Collision
3. War of Myths

1. Golem
2. Cerberus
3. Jormungandr

Job #05:

View attachment 359851

Job #06:

View attachment 359852
Ra's Sun Barge
Temple of the Sun

Vote for which stage you would rather have and why?

Let's continue the Ra based jobs with our final job for him for now.

Job 7
Help design a moveset for Ra
1661903216779.png

Now onto the first moveset job, I think for this job, instead of one big moveset we can each submit a small part of a moveset (totally not inspired by how Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom does his moveset jobs on his smash creation thread shhhhh) so the end result would be very dynamic and no one has to worry about submitting one big moveset.
For this moveset we need the following:

Neutral Attacks
Air Attacks
Specials
Charge Attacks
Champion Burst

Create the moves of this moveset like you would a standard smash moveset, Charge Attacks are Smash Attacks and Champion Bursts are Final Smashes. Describe what type of attack this move is and someone needs to make a Champion Burst for Ra, which is this game's Final Smash Equivalent. The submissiosn should have some basis originating from either the abilities of Ra, such as his sun powers, or some myths heavily associated with Ra. Also, just have fun with these submissions and don't worry about anything.

Job 8
Submit another Deity
This is our second deity job, now all regions are allowed except for Egypt, so you can do Chinese mythology, Native American mythology, etc. Just no Egyptian gods since they won first. And again don't use any real world religious figures, mythical monsters, or legendary mythological humans. Demigods are allowed, however.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Vote is Sun Barge, submission is Susanoo from Japanese mythology, the god of storms and the sea.
Susanoo, Japanese God of Storms (3:2)

Susanoo is one of the most well known and celebrated gods of japanese mythology and I think he would be an interesting pick with quick katana-based attacks as well as lightning and waves mixed in. We are inevitably gonna get zeus at some point and probably thor too but there are going to be many overlaps with the domain of gods so I don't think it's too big an issue and he still has enough to be unique.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1661916823435.png

Poseidon
Poseidon is many things, god of oceans, storms, horses.... Yeah a weird set of powers but cool powers non the less. Think about the possibility of him summoning water horses to assist him or using tornadoes to fly up and attack opponents with jets of water from his trident. loads of possibilities.

Anyway I have some moves I like to share for Ra

Neutral Special
Solar Beam
Ra charges his staff to shoot a beam of light at the nearest target, the beam does damage over time and can be held onto while Ra is moving to continue the damage, dosnt do any knockback so be careful when using.

Down Special
Devine Revival
Ra dies and sacrifices some of his health to briefly die and create an astral projection to attack and explode into a strong pulse of light, the astrack projection can move freely but any attack causes it to explode.

Side Charge
Ra summons an eagle head to shoot a pulse of light. It works similarly to Mega Man's side smash, as the longer the charge, the longer the range of the pulse.

Everyone else should submit some attacks as well

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Some Ra moveset ideas. Given he’s a creation god I made some of his moves based on geographical features of Egypt

Side Special
Dunes of Egypt
He waves his staff which makes a sand dune errupt from the ground in front of him. As the dune rises it can knock away opponents. It takes a few seconds for it to then disappear so he can do it again.

Up Charge
Makes a papyrus reed errupt from the ground, going upwards

Down Charge
Two dunes of sand errupt on either side of him

Neutral Air
He spins his staff in place with one hand

Forward Air
He pecks forward once in the air with his beak

Back Air
He glares backwards and shoots a beam of light from his eyes

Down Air
He spikes down with his staff

Champion Burst
Life of the Desert
He slams his staff on the ground which makes a huge river appear and flow forward. The river doesnt do damage but can push the opponents away. Occasionally there will be a crocodile in it to snap at enemies caught in the river.

Also i think it would be fun to have Ra always face the opponent in one on one battles like ryu in smash

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Some Ra moveset ideas. Given he’s a creation god I made some of his moves based on geographical features of Egypt

Side Special
Dunes of Egypt
He waves his staff which makes a sand dune errupt from the ground in front of him. As the dune rises it can knock away opponents. It takes a few seconds for it to then disappear so he can do it again.

Up Charge
Makes a papyrus reed errupt from the ground, going upwards

Down Charge
Two dunes of sand errupt on either side of him

Neutral Air
He spins his staff in place with one hand

Forward Air
He pecks forward once in the air with his beak

Back Air
He glares backwards and shoots a beam of light from his eyes

Down Air
He spikes down with his staff

Champion Burst
Life of the Desert
He slams his staff on the ground which makes a huge river appear and flow forward. The river doesnt do damage but can push the opponents away. Occasionally there will be a crocodile in it to snap at enemies caught in the river.

Also i think it would be fun to have Ra always face the opponent in one on one battles like ryu in smash
So the burst is basically like Jungle Japes as a final smash

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Oh, for my vote, it's automatically Sun Barge (it's the one that's not mine) but I generally just really like it, it's an inspired choice

As for Ra's moveset, I do have one idea that could be pretty fun. For anyone who's played Mega Man 4, I'm thinking Ra could have a neutral special in which he charges a ball of solar energy above his head, which actually has a consistent hitbox similarly to Aura Sphere. Then, he's able to fire it forward in the form of a beam - the power of the beam and its size will depend on how much it was charged.

Pharaoh.png

Oh, and my concept for a God is a little odd, but...

Deity Name: Dionysius
Deity Origin: Greek Mythology

oil-Bacchus-canvas-Caravaggio-Florence-Italy-Uffizi.jpg

God of theatre, wine, and dance, my concept for Dionysus is actually a little unorthodox in that he more closely represents his theatrical origins. He possesses two masks, each masks of the stage: a joyous smile, and a dejected frown. His moveset changes slightly depending on which mask he wears, with his happier form being a dancing and joyous performer, whilst his saddened form has much more power, representing madness and the control of others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sun Barge

Caglayan-kaya-goksoy-thor-2-low.jpg

Thor
We need a Norse character in this game. And where better to start than with the god of thunder. But this isn't the Marvel version. He'd of course use his hammer. But also other things like his iron gloves and his goat pulled kart.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The Sun Barge won the stage job, moveset submissions will continue as I think there are some move missing curently, I will make a moveset using the other submissions as inspirtation

Anyway lets start voting

Susanoo
Zues
Poseidon
Dionysus
Thor

Vote for your top 3 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Job 9
Submit extra stuff for Ra
It's time to submit some extra things for Ra. These will include 3 taunts for him, 3 idle poses for him, 3 victory poses upon winning a match, and an almanac entry for him.

You can submit one submission for each of the four categories, depending on the quality of the entry they may be compiled into the official profile or Ra.

Taunts (3)
Idle Pose (3)
Victory Poses (3)
Almanac Entry (1):

Job 10

Submit an idea for an Arcade Mode
Submit an idea for a solo player arcade mode, how will the mode play out and how will it work in your eyes. Detail if each character get's a single ending or multiple endings in this arcade mode. And just have fun when submitting.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Zeus
2. Susanoo
3. Poseidon

For arcade mode I say we present it like a map of the world where you can select which path you take for a battle and there will be 8 battles but more possible battles. They’ll be one boss at the end which we can decide later (I’ve got an idea which I’ll share then) and each character would have one ending. I say we decide the plot and nature of the endings at a later point

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Taunt
Ra screechs in the heavens and makes a cartoony clucking sound.

Idle
Ra sleeps inside a sarcophagus, obviously thinking this battle is very boring.

Victory
Ra ascends the heavens in a bath of solar light.

Arcade Mode
Okay so would the inclusion of the seven deadly sins be considered too religious, because this arcade mode I had sounds really cool to me, tell me your opinion on the matter.

So this arcade mode is unique, I think one singular mode where you do the same thing over and over again would be pretty tedious for completionists. I think there should be some choices when it comes to an arcade mode. This is why I want to have a theme for this arcade mode.

Introducing Sin Mode, this mode as the name suggests takes place in an underworld like setting and has a theme surrounding the seven deadly sins. The main gimmick of the mode is that there are seven different routes you can take each themed around a sin, and they all revolve around fighting enemies, these can be mythical creatures or other fighters. In between waves you face a boss monster and you take a small breather with a shop to buy stat upgrades. Each sin path has its own distinct structure, ending with a fight with their respective sin. Here are the seven possible paths.

Sloth
By entering the door to the rest area after facing your first boss monster (which is after 5 waves of battles) a red door opens in the first rest area, by entering the door you fight Sloth the easiest boss in the game. Sloth's is sort of a joke route poking fun at people too afraid to go forward.

Wrath
Wrath's route is unique in that it replaces another route, in this case Sloth. After facing 25 waves of enemies the door to Sloth turns black reveling Wrath. Wrath's route is most like a traditional arcade mode route as on average you face 5-7 characters during this route with enemies and bosses in between.

Pride
Pride can be reached by completing 50 waves while collecting more than 10 stat upgrades. Angered that you managed to tear apart the underworld and thinking that it is unfair that you did this with help from upgrading your stats, Pride will battle you to soften your ego once again. It appears in a white door alongside Wrath.

Envy
Envy, like Pride can be reached by completing 50 waves while collecting less than 10 stat upgrades. It is jealous that you managed to fight all this way with only minimum help, Envy will begin their assult against the player. These are for those who go a little beyond to see what's next. It appears in a white door alongside Wrath.

Greed
Greed can be reached by getting the maximum amount of points and using that to spend for a silver ticket. This will replace the door to Wrath with a gold door to Greed. This is for those kleptomaniac characters out there.

Lust
One of the items you can buy at the shop is a glass heart that breaks when hit by anything, by bringing this heart to wave 50 the heart grows into Lust who you fight. For those who want an extra challenge in their runs.

Gluttony
The sort of true final boss of the mode. By reaching wave 100 you have a 1 percent chance for the white door to Pride/Envy to be replaced by a platinum door. At wave 200, you are guaranteed to encounter a platinum door to gluttony, easily the hardest of the sins.

For each sin gives the player a unique ending based on the sin thematically, though we obviously don't need to make jobs out of those for time's sake, when the mode ends you get a mark on each character detailing which sin you defeated. So in the end its a compeltionist nightmare.

Zues
Poseidon
Thor

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I want to have some more entries for the current jobs before we move on

Top Bottom