• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Presents - Combat of the Gods - A Mythology-Based Platform Fighter

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will continue into tommorow, there isn't enough submissions to continue the thread, I will wait until tommorow to see if anything new has posted.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Arcade modes are a subject that doesn’t really get much submissions in a thread that’s a fairly niche topic so I think we’d probably be fine just going along with the amount of submissions and just do a poll for them, just my opinion
Okay then, what about the extra stuff for Ra?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Tommorow will be when our next job occurs, had a long day so I wanted to take a break today

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Today is the final day of entires, all those who haven't enter yet should enter

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Sorry for the LONG wait, had a busy last couple of days

I decided to scrap the extra stuff for Ra and just do a moveset for him, which will come later. But there is still some voting to be done.
1. Zeus
2. Susanoo
3. Poseidon

For arcade mode I say we present it like a map of the world where you can select which path you take for a battle and there will be 8 battles but more possible battles. They’ll be one boss at the end which we can decide later (I’ve got an idea which I’ll share then) and each character would have one ending. I say we decide the plot and nature of the endings at a later point
Taunt
Ra screechs in the heavens and makes a cartoony clucking sound.

Idle
Ra sleeps inside a sarcophagus, obviously thinking this battle is very boring.

Victory
Ra ascends the heavens in a bath of solar light.

Arcade Mode
Okay so would the inclusion of the seven deadly sins be considered too religious, because this arcade mode I had sounds really cool to me, tell me your opinion on the matter.

So this arcade mode is unique, I think one singular mode where you do the same thing over and over again would be pretty tedious for completionists. I think there should be some choices when it comes to an arcade mode. This is why I want to have a theme for this arcade mode.

Introducing Sin Mode, this mode as the name suggests takes place in an underworld like setting and has a theme surrounding the seven deadly sins. The main gimmick of the mode is that there are seven different routes you can take each themed around a sin, and they all revolve around fighting enemies, these can be mythical creatures or other fighters. In between waves you face a boss monster and you take a small breather with a shop to buy stat upgrades. Each sin path has its own distinct structure, ending with a fight with their respective sin. Here are the seven possible paths.

Sloth
By entering the door to the rest area after facing your first boss monster (which is after 5 waves of battles) a red door opens in the first rest area, by entering the door you fight Sloth the easiest boss in the game. Sloth's is sort of a joke route poking fun at people too afraid to go forward.

Wrath
Wrath's route is unique in that it replaces another route, in this case Sloth. After facing 25 waves of enemies the door to Sloth turns black reveling Wrath. Wrath's route is most like a traditional arcade mode route as on average you face 5-7 characters during this route with enemies and bosses in between.

Pride
Pride can be reached by completing 50 waves while collecting more than 10 stat upgrades. Angered that you managed to tear apart the underworld and thinking that it is unfair that you did this with help from upgrading your stats, Pride will battle you to soften your ego once again. It appears in a white door alongside Wrath.

Envy
Envy, like Pride can be reached by completing 50 waves while collecting less than 10 stat upgrades. It is jealous that you managed to fight all this way with only minimum help, Envy will begin their assult against the player. These are for those who go a little beyond to see what's next. It appears in a white door alongside Wrath.

Greed
Greed can be reached by getting the maximum amount of points and using that to spend for a silver ticket. This will replace the door to Wrath with a gold door to Greed. This is for those kleptomaniac characters out there.

Lust
One of the items you can buy at the shop is a glass heart that breaks when hit by anything, by bringing this heart to wave 50 the heart grows into Lust who you fight. For those who want an extra challenge in their runs.

Gluttony
The sort of true final boss of the mode. By reaching wave 100 you have a 1 percent chance for the white door to Pride/Envy to be replaced by a platinum door. At wave 200, you are guaranteed to encounter a platinum door to gluttony, easily the hardest of the sins.

For each sin gives the player a unique ending based on the sin thematically, though we obviously don't need to make jobs out of those for time's sake, when the mode ends you get a mark on each character detailing which sin you defeated. So in the end its a compeltionist nightmare.

Zues
Poseidon
Thor
Vote for either Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 's or Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's entry

Also, here is our next champion.

1662331646992.png

Zeus, the Greek god of thunder and lord of all the greek deities, a perfect first rep for our mythological melee.

Job 11
Submit a home stage for Zues
Like Ra before him, Zeus will have a stage themed after him. The job is to create a stage themed around Zeus, this can be based on what his role is in the pantheon, what powers he has, or any major myths he is part of. Being the patron god of the greek pantheon this should be one of the signature stages of the game.

Job 12
Submit a prompt to base the next summon submission job on
I want to have a theme for the next summon job, so I want to know what type of summon we should do. It can based off a specific location such as mythical creatures from Greece or Egypt, or a type of mythical creature such as the undead or elves. For this job submit a prompt onto what to base the next summon submission job on. Summons are like assist trophies, mythical creatures that assist the player in fighting their opponents in one way or another.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job 11: Statue of Zeus At Olympia

One of the seven wonders of the ancient world, Zeus is totally vain enough to have a home stage that’s just a statue of himself. Stage is completely flat with walls on the end you can’t break. Eventually the stage and it’s walls will crumble referencing how the real life statue was destroyed. It will magically come back after a while Bridge of Eldin style.

Job 12: Submit a mythological creature originating from Asia

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 11
The Observatory of the Olympians
This stage is inspired by both Zeus and the zodiac, the stage is mostly flat with statues of Zeus and the other Olympian gods perched over a large glass dome. The main gimmick of the stage are stars forming lines in the night sky acting as platforms while statues of Zeus summon bolts of lightning to either summon the sun to burn the floor, the moon to make it slippery, a raincloud to make walking on it slower, or a thunderstorm to electrify it, with the stars acting as a safezone.

Job 12
Submit a creature based off the fair fold (such as fairies, elves, and nature spirits)

D

Deleted member

Mount Olympus
Home of the Gods. I imagine it looking a bit like the Palutena's Temple stage from Smash. There would be statues to the gods.

Submit a summon from Celtic mythology

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will continue into today, need some more voting on the arcade mode

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Can I vote for my own arcade mode submission? If so I’ll vote for that if not I’ll vote for the other one
hmm never thought of that, usually rule of thumb is that you can't vote your own on votes with so few entries, but I also want to get this thread up and running again, dont know whats a good awnser, we need an outsider to vote for us, maybe tag someone like knee of justice to vote for us

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay then Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's entry won the arcade mode
Job 11: Statue of Zeus At Olympia

One of the seven wonders of the ancient world, Zeus is totally vain enough to have a home stage that’s just a statue of himself. Stage is completely flat with walls on the end you can’t break. Eventually the stage and it’s walls will crumble referencing how the real life statue was destroyed. It will magically come back after a while Bridge of Eldin style.

Job 12: Submit a mythological creature originating from Asia

Mount Olympus
Home of the Gods. I imagine it looking a bit like the Palutena's Temple stage from Smash. There would be statues to the gods.

Submit a summon from Celtic mythology
Job 11
The Observatory of the Olympians
This stage is inspired by both Zeus and the zodiac, the stage is mostly flat with statues of Zeus and the other Olympian gods perched over a large glass dome. The main gimmick of the stage are stars forming lines in the night sky acting as platforms while statues of Zeus summon bolts of lightning to either summon the sun to burn the floor, the moon to make it slippery, a raincloud to make walking on it slower, or a thunderstorm to electrify it, with the stars acting as a safezone.

Job 12
Submit a creature based off the fair fold (such as fairies, elves, and nature spirits)
Submit a mythological creature from Asian myth
Submit a member of the fair folk
Submit a mythological bird
Submit a mythological creature for Celtic myth

Vote for your top 2 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

Job 13
Help design a moveset for Zeus.

The same rules apply from the Ra job, imagine the rules below but replace Ra with Zues.

WELCOME TOOOOO
COMBAT OF THE GODS

This will be our new title. Thanks to whoever submitted that for entering.

Golem and Cerberus are also our very first summons in the game. Good choices all around. I like them all personally.

All three submissions for legendary artifacts are going to be included, but we still need to vote for a stage.

Ra's Sun Barge
Temple of the Sun

Vote for which stage you would rather have and why?

Let's continue the Ra based jobs with our final job for him for now.

Job 7
Help design a moveset for Ra
View attachment 359913
Now onto the first moveset job, I think for this job, instead of one big moveset we can each submit a small part of a moveset (totally not inspired by how @Venus of the Desert Bloom does his moveset jobs on his smash creation thread shhhhh) so the end result would be very dynamic and no one has to worry about submitting one big moveset.
For this moveset we need the following:

Neutral Attacks
Air Attacks
Specials
Charge Attacks
Champion Burst

Create the moves of this moveset like you would a standard smash moveset, Charge Attacks are Smash Attacks and Champion Bursts are Final Smashes. Describe what type of attack this move is and someone needs to make a Champion Burst for Ra, which is this game's Final Smash Equivalent. The submissiosn should have some basis originating from either the abilities of Ra, such as his sun powers, or some myths heavily associated with Ra. Also, just have fun with these submissions and don't worry about anything.

Job 8
Submit another Deity
This is our second deity job, now all regions are allowed except for Egypt, so you can do Chinese mythology, Native American mythology, etc. Just no Egyptian gods since they won first. And again don't use any real world religious figures, mythical monsters, or legendary mythological humans. Demigods are allowed, however.
Job 14
Submit a Norse Deity as a playable character
With Greece and Egypt having playable representation its tiem to finish the classic myth trio by submitting a Norse deity. Now the rules for this job is that aside from the usual no non-diety figure is that this submission must not overlap with Ra and Zeus, so no norse sun deity or norse thunder deity.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 11:

Mount Olympus
Observatory of the Olympians

Job 12:

Asian mythological creature
Mythological bird

Job 14:

Thor

1200px-Mårten_Eskil_Winge_-_Tor's_Fight_with_the_Giants_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

The most popular of Norse deities. He can fight with thunder and the Mjolnir and what not specifically from Norse myth. Another staple needed for our mythological platform fighter.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I meant my submission for the celtic summon
Okay then Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's entry won the arcade mode

Submit a mythological creature from Asian myth
Submit a member of the fair folk
Submit a mythological bird
Submit a mythological creature for Celtic myth

Vote for your top 2 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

Job 13
Help design a moveset for Zeus.

The same rules apply from the Ra job, imagine the rules below but replace Ra with Zues.

Job 14
Submit a Norse Deity as a playable character
With Greece and Egypt having playable representation its tiem to finish the classic myth trio by submitting a Norse deity. Now the rules for this job is that aside from the usual no non-diety figure is that this submission must not overlap with Ra and Zeus, so no norse sun deity or norse thunder deity.
Sorry about that, voting will restart now, you can edit your votes accordingly to the updated summons vote.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Zeus moveset ideas:
Jab: He takes out his thunder bolt and swings it forward twice which then goes into a rapid jab where he thrusts his thunderbolt forward a bunch.

Neutral Air: A tornado goes around him and stays there for a second

Up Air: He shapeshifts into a bull and hits his head upwards

Forward Air: He shapeshifts into an eagle and scratches forward twice

Back Air: He spins around in a tornad, punches forward with electricity, then spins back

Down Air: He shapeshifts into a horse and kicks downwards

Neutral Special: Lightning Bolt
A classic lightning attack. It’s a chargeable projectile that explodes if it hits anything.

Side Special: Thunder Charge
He turns his bottom half into a cloud and slowly moves forward with electricity over him, dealing damage to anyone he comes into contact with.

Up Special: Thunder Cloud
His lower half turns to a cloud and he flies upwards a bit. His lower half can’t be damaged but his top half can be which takes him out of this state.

Down Smash: Master Bolt
He takes out a lightning bolt and slowly slams it on the ground (it takes about five seconds to slam it down so it’s a bit hard to pull off) and then on the ground it creates a gigantic explosion of electricity that deals massive damage

Champion Burst: The Storm of the Gods
He claps his hands, making a gigantic storm cloud appear in front of him. Around 10 lightning strikes really quickly come down from the cloud, dealing damage to anyone under them.

I also have a question, will movesets be put on the main page?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Zeus moveset ideas:
Jab: He takes out his thunder bolt and swings it forward twice which then goes into a rapid jab where he thrusts his thunderbolt forward a bunch.

Neutral Air: A tornado goes around him and stays there for a second

Up Air: He shapeshifts into a bull and hits his head upwards

Forward Air: He shapeshifts into an eagle and scratches forward twice

Back Air: He spins around in a tornad, punches forward with electricity, then spins back

Down Air: He shapeshifts into a horse and kicks downwards

Neutral Special: Lightning Bolt
A classic lightning attack. It’s a chargeable projectile that explodes if it hits anything.

Side Special: Thunder Charge
He turns his bottom half into a cloud and slowly moves forward with electricity over him, dealing damage to anyone he comes into contact with.

Up Special: Thunder Cloud
His lower half turns to a cloud and he flies upwards a bit. His lower half can’t be damaged but his top half can be which takes him out of this state.

Down Smash: Master Bolt
He takes out a lightning bolt and slowly slams it on the ground (it takes about five seconds to slam it down so it’s a bit hard to pull off) and then on the ground it creates a gigantic explosion of electricity that deals massive damage

Champion Burst: The Storm of the Gods
He claps his hands, making a gigantic storm cloud appear in front of him. Around 10 lightning strikes really quickly come down from the cloud, dealing damage to anyone under them.

I also have a question, will movesets be put on the main page?
Well I was going to compile a moveset based off the submissions and make on big moveset out of it

D

Deleted member

Loki-modern-art.jpg

Loki

The trickster god. They would have a moveset based around tricks and traps, and wpuld be able to transform.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
How nobody told me about this thread? I love mythology!, so I would like to join, it looks that the current jobs are votations for new prompts and a Norse God submission so I will try to do both.

Votations:
  • Asian Myth
    • Considering that this doesn't only cover Japan but every Asian mythos I consider it a job with a vastly variety of options that we can drag
  • Celtic Myth
    • I love the Celtic Myths, the Celtic Myths should receive more love.
God Submission - Hödr
1662908089959.png
Hödr is a blind god, brother of Baldr who was cheated by the trickster Loki to kill his own brother with a mistletoe arrow (that it was the only thing that could kill his brother since it was invulnerable against anything else). That part of "someone who killed a nigh-invulnerable entityt" it's what it makes me think that Hödr is a very interesing option.

Top Bottom