• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, the moveset of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario will be used. Now, we’re finally here… the final character of our ultimate videogame crossover:

Job #188: Submit A DLC Character
Submit someone for the final DLC character slot. If you want to add a weird and surprising character that’s good but if you just want a character that’s isn’t really “surprising” that’s fine too. Please submit the character, explain who they are and a little bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. If you want to also take some time to talk about your thoughts on our roster and DLC I encourage you to do that as well!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was said before that John Madden would count for this. Unfortunately he's no longer with us so that may seem awkward. But it got me thinking. Real Person? Associated with a popular video game franchise? Surprising amount of moveset potential?

Its time.

Tony Hawk
Render by Nibroc-Rock

Last edited by a moderator:
Job 188:
Tracer (Overwatch)

Tracer is main character of Multi-player game "Overwatch". She is a English hero, who has ability to run fast and she can revert time. Before being a Overwatch hero, she was a Air pilot, but during those events, she was recruited into Overwatch Team after retiring from being an Ace Pilot.
Tracer is a Damage-based character in her game and she has her Pistols as her signature weapon in the Game. She is one of Most iconic OW characters and she is an icon of Modern Multi-player games and she could deserve to be as Last character in AU SSB due to her popularity of her game and new upcoming sequel of Overwatch as Overwatch 2.

She could have some moveset potential that could replicate her moves from Overwatch. As her Neutral Special, she could use her pistols and her side B could be her Dash for example. She could even use other Heroes' weapons as attacks like Reinhardt's hammer as Down Smash (She could be very strong) or etc.
She could be Middleweight character that has Ammo Gimmick, which she could reload her Ammo when it's out.

I nominate her as Last DLC Character, because she could represent Blizzard and she is one of Most iconic Modern Game icons that deserve to be in Smash Brothers. In fact, due to Overwatch 2's announcement, she could be added in favor of it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charmander)

I was debating between this choice and a certain other "Red" (of the aggrivated avian variety) but decided to go with Pokémon Trainer for the "3 in one" factor and being part of the highest grossing media franchise, making a very big sendoff. While I can very much imagine Nintendo overrep being a concern among fans in this fictional universe, we haven't had a single Nintendo character in the DLC and Pokémon got the short end of the stick in base game so I feel this is justified

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 188

Pepper Roni (LEGO Island)

Pepper is the protagonist of the LEGO Island series of games. The Lego island franchise is one of the first Lego games ever and are very nostalgic to many. LEGO has a long history with video games spanning many generations of consoles and computers and still gets new games to this day. LEGO also has many video game sets like Sonic, overwatch and Mario. Representing this famous toyline and game franchise would be fun.

In terms of moveset pepper could not only represent his games, Using Pizza, Skateboards and Bricks but also many of the Lego games

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I know I said I thought there were a bit too many nintendo characters… but that said, I’m gonna submit Villager.
Animal Crossing is easily Nintendo’s biggest franchise we don’t have represented and given it has a huge fanbase that doesn’t really have much overlap with fighting game fans so it could bring lots of new people to this game to finish it off. Villager would pretty much fight like they do already in smash (maybe with some adjustments to represent new horizons tho) and I think they would fit right in and be a good last character.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Late night last minute submission...
Rocket (Spacewar!)
View attachment 338100
This has a sense of finality to it, so I wanted to go as far back as I could. 1962’s Spacewar is one of, if not the first video games period, predating even Pong. It was a two-player game with tricky gravity controls, not unlike Asteroids, where one person controlled the “needle” and the “wedge”, two rockets locked in combat. Here we’ll use the thicker “wedge” rocket, and it’ll shoot missiles, use Hyperspace functions to warp around, and summon a star to affect gravity within a short range. Surprisingly complex stuff for a game that predates Pong. If you want, it could also summon the needle for additional attacks, and even represent early black & white space games in general, referencing the likes of Space Invaders and Asteroids.
What I said here about finality, as well as the reasons it is important also makes sense for this, as well. Sorry that I mostly fell off of this thread after DLC started, but it is still one of my favorite threads on here, and it has done a lot to represent a wide swath of video game history in a fun and entertaining way. I initially was mildly disappointed we couldn't get Peach, Zelda, Ganon, and an extra Pokémon in there (unless Pokémon Trainer wins this), but given the wide variety of video game series and fun characters that did show up here, I'm more than okay with putting variety over that, personally. It was a really cool thing to watch happen, and it got me more active on this forum in general, as well!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here we go, the last character in this game. Only one of these characters can be added so please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second or third place. I’m excited to see how we will finish this thread after all this time:
Yiptap Yiptap Hatsune Miku
@Darkonedagger Tony Hawk
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Tracer
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Pokémon Trainer
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Blanc
Pupp135 Pupp135 Tetrimino
cashregister9 cashregister9 Pepper Roni
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Villager
AlRex AlRex Rocket

My votes are:
1. Rocket
2. Villager
3. Timmy Falcon

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here are the results of the Job #188 voting:
Hatsune Miku 12
Tony Hawk 13
Tracer 3
Pokemon Trainer 0
Blanc 0
Tetromino 16
Pepper Roni 2
Villager 4
Rocket 9

And so Tetromino is going to be our last character! Thanks everyone for participation in this thread now let's get to the content for it:

Job #189: Submit A Moveset For Tetromino
We're going to do the moveset before the stage for this one. I'd like you to submit a moveset for Tetromino. All you need to are the four specials and final smash but you can do more if you want. Also the way they move obviously.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While I’d prefer the crusade moveset, this Super Smash Flash mod has tetromino being added, where it has a different moveset.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay, the moveset HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 suggested will be used. Now… I present to you… the final job of the thread:

Job #190: Submit A Stage For Tetromino
Submit the stage to come with Tetromino. Now since Tetris already has two stages you can submit stages from other “falling block puzzle games” as well as Tetris. Please submit a location, layout, and any stage hazards.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Vostok

Fighting atop a Soviet rocket on its side - Vostok could be considered a bit of a mix of Umbra, Spirit Train, and Corneria. A bit shorter than it is in Tetris, the Vostok's exhaust flames can deal damage, but will occasionally cool down. Debris will fly by, above and under the rocket, for players to stand on, as will asteroids that explode and deal damage. Occasionally Sputnik itself will fly by to the used as a platform (with the body being a hard platform and the legs being two soft platforms) - Sputnik only appears above and never below.

The background of the stage resembles Tetris Effect's psychedelic backgrounds, and Tetrominos can be seen in the background falling from (in a player's POV) right to left - though none of the interactable debris are Tetrominos.

Tetromino's Stage:
Puyo Puyo

Job 89

Puyo Puyo

This stage resembles a standard game of puyo Puyo with the tops of each chamber open to the blast zone and a hallway in the middle connecting the 2 Chambers.

Each chamber will have puyos drop down into it, if a puyo falls on top of you, you take damage, you also take damage if a line of puyos is completed and disappear. Junk pieces also fall down and deal extra damage

The character portraits in the middle are a random combination of 2 Puyo Puyo characters

There is also small change, the background is based on Primp Town from Puyo Puyo.
(Shout-out and credit to cashregister9 cashregister9 for this idea)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission doesn’t really add any stages, instead what it does is that it adds five new “forms” to the Tetris stage. So the Tetris stage will now change between a total of six forms mid-battle. We can have some kind of “code” that makes it so that you’ll be able to play on just one of the forms of the stage if you want to. There are no gameplay differences between these forms, so they’re purely aesthetic differences based on the history of Tetris:
1. Standard Tetris
(The form we already have)

2. Original Tetris

3. Tetris NES

4. Tetris Gameboy

5. Tetris Genesis

6. Tetris Effect

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay, with that I’m finishing voting for our final stage. Here are all the options so for the final thing on this thread I’m gonna ask you to do… please vote for whatever stage you want or your top two most wanted stages. You can vote for your own submission in first place for this one.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Vostok
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Puyo Puyo
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Changes to Tetris Stage

My votes:
1. Self vote
2. Puyo Puyo

Top Bottom