• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay here are the options from Job #43. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only vote for your own submissions and in second or third place and if you do so it can only be one of your own submission.
Pupp135 Pupp135
Pipe Frame
Plunger Gun
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Punch Gun
Pyukumuku
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Super Star
Tranquilizer Gun
AlRex AlRex
Phoenix Down
Guitar
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Splash Potion of Poison
Med-Kit

My votes:
1. Guitar
2. Super Star
3. Phoenix Down

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We’re using the version of the Scorpion moveset submitted by AlRex AlRex and the version of Pac-Man’s moveset we already have in Smash Ultimate.

Since Pac-Man would probably have the same taunts as our universe, that would mean that we technically have a lot more series represented now thanks to his Namco Roulette taunt

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #43 voting:
Pipe Frame 2
Plunger Gun 0
Punch Gun 7
Pyukumuku 0
Super Star 3
Tranquilizer Gun 1
Phoenix Down 3
Guitar 13
Splash Potion of Poison 1
Med-Kit 0

So the items we’re going to add are Guitar, Punch Gun, Super Star, Phoenix Down and Pipe Frame! Now we’re gonna move onto the next job…

Job #44: Submit a Big Single Player Mode
Okay so I think it's about time to add the big new single player mode for this game. Essentially the equivalent to the adventure mode in most smash games. Please submit a bit about what the mode would be and how the mode would work. I would like the mode to be big enough to generate hype, but not too big since this game already has a lot of new content. So try not to submit anything that's like, WoL or SE levels of content, but still relatively big.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #44: the Main Event
Basically a halfway point between the Melee Adventure Mode, Subspace Emissary, and taking some plot from Marvel's Secret Wars. Some sort of cosmic villain is interested in all of these worlds, and pulls them out to prove who's the champion of them all, and has placed them in a gauntlet consisting of recreations of their own worlds all on one world. This is the central conceit for them fighting through levels based on their games, complete with enemies, fighting clones of the game's roster, and bosses based on those games. You can take this as us adding in more bosses, or potentially adding more villains to the roster, if you want. Then at the end, you fight through an original level that leads to the big boss, along with a potential fight against the Fighting Polygon Team before that. As far as character interactions go, you may have images and text dialogue scenes in certain situations beforehand, that sort of cutscene, if doing it the Subspace way is too involved.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Mine’s a bit similar to the submission of AlRex AlRex but it’s still different. Here it is:

Worlds Mode
So when you go into this mode there are a bunch of selectable worlds, one for each series represented with a fighter. So there’s a Mario world, a Sonic world, Zelda world etc. Each world is a challenge that lasts about as long as classic mode and has you go through a bunch of challenges based on the world.

The first level most of the time has you go through a platforming challenge similar to Reach the Flagpole or Find the Triforce from the Smash Melee adventure mode. You traverse through a course or maze based on a certain series and we can even have some enemies from each series in this platforming challenge.

The rest of the world’s challenges are mostly matches against characters from that series (with some substitutes of course). Certain special battle conditions could apply to represent the series better as well.

The mode would finish with a fight against a boss. Most of the time it would be against Master Hand but we would also have a few original bosses for each series. If someone clears each world we could give a reward like alternate colours or something.

DLC packs would also come with their own worlds.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I have some ideas for Zelda music tracks:
Dungeon (Zelda 1)
Palace Theme (Zelda 2)
Title Theme (ALttP)
Hyrule Field (OoT)
Zelda’s Lullaby (Oot)
Shop (OoT)
Song of Storms (OoT)
Clock Town (MM)
Termina Field (MM)
The Great Sea (WW)
Dragon Roost Island (WW)
Molegra Boss Theme (WW)
Main Theme (TP)
Darknut (TP)
Midna’s Lament (TP)
Ballad of the Goddess (SS)
Knight Academy (SS)
Yuga Battle (ALBW)
Main Theme (BotW)
Guardian Battle (BotW)
Kass’s Theme (BotW)
Overworld Theme (Cadence of Hyrule)
The Battle of Hyrule Field (AoC)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Some Crash songs:

1. Japanese Theme Song - Crash Bandicoot
  2. Unused English Theme Song - Crash Bandicoot
  3. Tawna Bonus - Crash 1
  4. Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash 1
  5. Dingodile - Crash 3
  6. Wizards and Lizards - WoC
  7. N. Sanity Beach - Twinsanity
  8. Worm Chase - Twinsanity
  9. Evil Twins - Twinsanity
  10. Main Theme - Crash 4
  11. Food Run - Crash 4
  12. Out of Time - Nitro Kart
A small few Zelda songs
  1. Oinker Chief - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
  2. Hyrule Circuit - Mario Kart 8
  3. Kokiri Forest - OoT

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so Job #44 has closed. Your options are Smash Run, The Main Event and Worlds Mode. Please vote for your top two most wanted of the modes in order. You can only put your own submission in last place.

My votes:
1. Smash Run
2. Worlds Mode

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay then, here are the results of the Job #44 voting:
Smash Run 14
Main Event 4
Worlds Mode 12

And so that means Smash Run is going to be added to this game as the big single player mode. So now that leads into something interesting... the enemies. I'm gonna be frank here: honestly, I don't think we're going to get do the enemies. That would take a very long time and occupy a lot of this thread. So sorry but we won't do any smash run enemy jobs.

I'll start Job #45, our next character submission, soon.

AlRex

Smash Lord
And so that means Smash Run is going to be added to this game as the big single player mode. So now that leads into something interesting... the enemies. I'm gonna be frank here: honestly, I don't think we're going to get do the enemies. That would take a very long time and occupy a lot of this thread. So sorry but we won't do any smash run enemy jobs.
A compromise could be deciding what larger levels get in, along with potential bosses. Then one could imagine what the enemies would be from there.

E: I may have been thinking more of an Adventure Mode again. Well, different larger maps being from certain games can still make some sense.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
If we don’t do jobs for Smash Run enemies, should we throw in suggestions like we do with the music tracks until we hit some limit?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A single Tetris track
  1. Level 1 (Nature) - Tetris (CD-i)
And a few Pokémon tracks
  1. Wild Pokémon Battle - Pokémon X and Y
  2. Battle Tower - Pokémon Sword and Shield
  3. Battle! Champion & Red - Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
  4. Victory Road - Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
  5. Professor Oak's Lab - Pokémon Snap
  6. Blue Field - Pokémon Pinball (GBC)
  7. Route 209 - Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
  8. Game Corner - Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
  9. Kids Club Menu - Pokémon Stadium
  10. Dialga's Fight to the Finish! - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness
  11. Route 1 - Pokémon X and Y (about time this song got the opportunity to be played for more than 5 seconds)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Apologies for the wait, I’ve been thinking about the Smash Run enemies and I think I’ll do the idea of Pupp135 Pupp135 so that means anyone can just submit enemies for Smash Run whenever they want. Try to be realistic and add the enemies that would make sense in a game like this. If there are any disagreements in terms of enemies we can have votes. I’ll have a limit of 85 enemies, so please don’t submit more than three enemies at a time. Also don’t get too many enemies in this game until we have a bit more series represented in this game. Anyways into the next job:

Job #45: Submit a Platformer Character
After our RPG job I think it would be a good idea to do jobs for other big game genres, and so I’ll make this about platformers. Please submit a character who debuted in a platformer game and then explain who they are, how they would work, and why they should be in this game. I’ll add the top two most voted characters at the end. This will likely be the last character job in a while that adds two characters

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Masthead_Kirby.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png

This is the one character I miss, Kirby has been in smash since the beginning and he was in the first cutscene of subspace, so I dont see the logic in removing him. With a big following it should be a no brainer.

Kirby would naturally be a lightweight fighter and use the copy abilities of his foes (complete with a hat for them), he would however use different copy abilities like using jet as his up special, spark as his down special, and wheel as his side special, as a ainole fighter there is so much potential for a new kirby moveset, so bring him back

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Donkey Kong

A character I’ve been wanting to add to this thread ever since we’ve done the first second Mario and Sonic job, DK is iconic, popular and has been in Smash ever since the first game . I think since we’re adding two characters from this job it’ll be good to add one character from a new series and one character from a series that’s already represented.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’m renominating Samus from the female prompt.
I’ll nominate Samus from Metroid since she is one of the first mainstream female protagonists, and Super Metroid was a game that paved the way for the Metroidvania genre of gaming. She’d play similar to how she does in the SSB games, and she might have additional weapons, such as the ice beam. I’d like to put in Byleth, but I could see them being a Male default instead.
View attachment 322486

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ratchet and Clank

I don't know much about these two except that they're super popular on PlayStation and have tons of elaborate cartoony guns and weapons. I could see them swapping out weapons, possible even as a stance fighter, or using a ton at a time to cover up the stage with projectiles aplenty

Edit: I just want to inform COH that the track I meant to submit was "Level 0 (Nature) - Tetris CD-i", not "Level 1 (Nature) - Tetris CD-i".

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #45: Rayman (Rayman Series)
7B0EF313-B84C-4A22-8ECB-4601439AC1D4.png

Rayman is the main protagonist in the Rayman series. Rayman is also one of Ubisoft’s most iconic video game franchises. Rayman could throw long ranged punches at fighters. He can fly or glide around with his helicopter hair. He could even use his own Plunger Gun from the Rabbids game. Even though he hasn’t received any new games in awhile, he is still seen by many as a gaming icon.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #45
Mega Man

Rockman_X_DiVE_Hunter_Program_Rockman.png

Mega Man is the other longest running CAPCOM series next to Street Fighter, with many installments, as well as numerous spin-off versions. I can see him utilizing his Mega Buster that shoots energy shots, as well as charged ones, and the numerous Robot Master weapons that he collects as he defeats them, ranging from potentially fire, ice, electric, rock, tornadoes, spinning metallic buzz saws, black holes, bombs, spinning leaf shields, and various others, depending on what we want to include. He also has a robotic dog named Rush, who can turn into things like springs, jets, and other vehicles, and a few other robot assistants like Beat, a bird who can give you a lift, and Eddie, who can dispense items. I can see him working a lot like how he does in Smash already, though a few different weapons could be chosen if we want, as well as potentially using his robot buddies in different ways. Potentially, we could also have a difference in that he'd be less stubby and emotionless and slightly more like his more modern depictions, but that's also up to you guys.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #45. Please vote for your top three most wanted characters in order. You can only vote for your own submission in second or last place.
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb Kirby
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Donkey Kong
Pupp135 Pupp135 Samus
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Ratchet & Clank
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Rayman
AlRex AlRex Mega Man

My votes:
1. Samus
2. DK
3. Kirby
I don't wanna add too many Nintendo franchises in here, but I feel like Metroid and Kirby would be good additions. Metroid is relatively "obscure" as far as series go but is still pretty influential and an amazing series, and Kirby is a pretty popular platformer series and it's addition would be a good tribute to Sakurai's start as a game developer

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post, but I’m a sucker for enemies and things like that, so I’ll submit some.

Goomba
27BD7DFB-C0A4-48A7-A3E9-C8794D9634E9.png

Behaves exactly as it does in OG smash run, but sometimes it spawns as a tower, which blocks the path and deals more damage when hit.

Creeper
117C0FF2-5D94-4EE6-9355-B7AD75E28041.png

The Creeper would slowly walk up to you and attempt to blow you up kamikaze style. Electric attacks charge the Creeper, having the explosion range increase.

Cactuar
195D1CD0-3558-4B59-A8B1-7662E2B1062B.png

Cactuars attack by using the 1000 needles attack, pelting you with needles from in front of the Cactuar. If you get too close to the Cactuar, then it uses its 1000 blows move to create a pokey barrier around itself.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Samus Aran
2. Mega Man
3. Ratchet & Clank

Honestly, a lot of good choices here this round. But I suppose I am in a sci-fi gunner mood. Plus I’d like a Sony character, though maybe not as much as Samus or Mega Man currently. Go figure.

Top Bottom