• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

Hardware item submission:
Super Scope
1678529711649.png
Super Scope is a light gun peripheral that was made by Nintendo for SNES games like Yoshi's Safari or even Super Scope 6.

In the game, it would act similar to previous games but it would more as a bazooka-type item (which it means: You can't spam so much, but you can charge shots to make them more explosive than before).

Since we have NES Zapper in game, it would be cool if we had also Super Scope in game.
(Don't worry, this item would differ from NES zapper)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Wario and Ganondorf movesets will be used.
  • For Sonic, I used RNG since there was a three-way tie. KneeOfJustice99's moveset will be used!
  • Our first six third-party Assists will be the Space Invader, Tails, Chun-Li, the Ghost Gang, Alex Kidd, and Galaga!
  • Please vote for your top three items!
    • Expansion Pak (Wario Wario Wario)
    • Wii Balance Board (Pupp135)
    • Game Boy Camera (FazDude)
    • Wii Remote and Nunchuck (Glubbfubb)
    • Super Scope (Tankman from Newgrounds)
Job 45: Submit a stage from any of our third parties!
Sonic, Street Fighter, and Pac-Man cannot get a second stage (for now), but any other property owned by Sega, Capcom, Namco, Activision, or Square Enix is fair game. Please be sure to include 1-8 music tracks!

Job 46: Submit up to three enemies to appear in bonus modes (such as Smash'n'Grab)!
These enemies can be from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Namco, Activision, or Square Enix. Please be sure to include an image and a brief description of what they'd do.

1. Wii remote
2. Super Scope
3. Expansion pak

Great submissions, everyone.

Job 46:
Goomba

1678553574058.png

It would waddle around and do a headbutt when it's close to enemy. You can kill it by stomping on it or attack normally.

Octorok
1678553555620.png

It would waddle around and shoot out projectiles at player.

Metroid larva
1678553679891.png

It would fly around aimlessly and latch onto player's head.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
forgot my votes
1. Wii Remote and Nunchuck
2. Gameboy Camera
3. Superscope

All enemies would act like their Smash Run counterpart:

Pooka: Ambushes players through the ground or walls.

EggroboSGen.png
Eggrobo: Shoots bullets and beams while hovering.
Waddle Dee (Kirby Triple Deluxe).png
Waddle Dee: Peaceful enemy that walks/jumps.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Koopa Troopa

Functions basically the same as in Mario, walks around and can go into a shell

Pigmask Soldier

Walks around and has a basic laser gun attack

Doll

Their moveset is an amalgamation of moves that Cammy, Juli, Juni, Decapre, and any other of the dolls in the series have

Metroid larva
View attachment 369223

It would fly around aimlessly and latch onto player's head. It can be only defeated by ice attacks.
It’s up to FazDude but I think it might not be a good idea to require metroids to be defeated with ice attacks given so few fighters have those

FazDude

Smash Master
It’s up to FazDude but I think it might not be a good idea to require metroids to be defeated with ice attacks given so few fighters have those
This is a good point. Ice attacks dealing extra damage to Metroids is all well and good, but being suspectible to only ice attacks is a bit much.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Super Scope
2. Wii Remote
3. Expansion Pak

Job 46:Motobug (Sonic The Hedgehog)

download.jpeg

This enemy doesn't attack,he just walk

Octotrooper (Splatoon)

download (1).jpeg

This enemy shots purple ink blob on its machine

Kritter (Donkey Kong)

Kritter.png

This enemy also walk and attack doing scratches

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1678566529527.png

Snorlax
Pokemon
A strong mini-boss like enemy, Snorlax spends it's time sleeping, blocking important passages, just like its home game. Snorlax is very bulky and is immune to most knock back, however powerful physical smash attacks can stun it referencing it's weakness to the Fighting-type. Snorlax is a strong attacker, using Body Slam to attempt to bury the player, Yawn to try and put foes to sleep, and Fling to toss nearby enemies at the target. Alongside it's weakness to strong physical blows it is also easily distracted by food based item, referencing one of it's abilities Gluttony, and will try to eat said food items, leaving it distracted to for further attacks.

1678571847987.png

Kannon
Donkey Kong Country
A mainly stationary enemy, though it can perform powerful leaps with it's cannon as an evasive maneuver. It mainly likes to stand back and use it's cannon to shoot cannonballs at the target, what they lack in speed they more than make up for in knockback and the ability to block projectiles. Only a well timed grab can cancel these cannonballs, which can then be used to as a very heavy but powerful explosive. Kannons come into three colors, red, brown, and green. Red Kannons shoot cannonballs to their left or right, they have slightly more health than the other variants but don't use their cannon jump attack as much. Brown Kannons shoot up of down and are the ones most likely to use their cannon jump attack, however they are frailer than the other two variants. Finally Green Kannons are the slowest but are the only ones to shoot in all directions, being able to charge their shots like a rifle.

1678572467718.png

Monty Mole
Super Mario Bros
Attacking with great speed, stealth, and ferocity, the Monty Mole hides inside walls and will ambush the player by suddenly jumping out of said walls. They attack by rushing towards and scratching the player with their claws. Like the Goomba and Koopa a single stomp can kill them no problem, and they lack in other defenses. But the sheer numbers and surprise factor can make them dangerous as well.

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Expansion Pak
  2. GB Camera
  3. Super Scope
Third-Party Stage: Seven-Way Speedway (Daytona USA)

Rendered in the same graphical style as the original (even the Sonic carving is left intact!), this stage takes place on a scenic drive through the course. Think of it as an analouge to the Mute City SNES stage.

While most of the music here hails from Daytona USA, other classic Sega arcade games gain representation through music tracks!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
  1. Expansion Pak
  2. GB Camera
  3. Super Scope
Third-Party Stage: Seven-Way Speedway (Daytona USA)

Rendered in the same graphical style as the original (even the Sonic carving is left intact!), this stage takes place on a scenic drive through the course. Think of it as an analouge to the Mute City SNES stage.

While most of the music here hails from Daytona USA, other classic Sega arcade games gain representation through music tracks!
As one of the resident SEGA marks, I feel like Bonanza Bros. and Altered Beast are very weird choices for only 3 slots. They're notable SEGA arcade games in their own right, but they kind of pale in comparison to other games from that era IMO, especially in the musical department. It feels weird to have them on here but no music from OutRun, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, Fantasy Zone, Virtua Fighter, Virtual-ON, etc. You're fine btw, I just wanted to give my two cents here.

Actually, maybe it'd be a good idea to separate the tracklists into their own jobs separate from the stages? I feel like that way it'd allow for more people to pitch in, it'd let us more carefully consider our track choices and it'd alleviate these types of scenarios, where, say, someone likes a stage concept but isn't a fan of the tracklist

FazDude

Smash Master
As one of the resident SEGA marks, I feel like Bonanza Bros. and Altered Beast are very weird choices for only 3 slots. They're notable SEGA arcade games in their own right, but they kind of pale in comparison to other games from that era IMO, especially in the musical department. It feels weird to have them on here but no music from OutRun, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, Fantasy Zone, Virtua Fighter, Virtual-ON, etc. You're fine btw, I just wanted to give my two cents here.

Actually, maybe it'd be a good idea to separate the tracklists into their own jobs separate from the stages? I feel like that way it'd allow for more people to pitch in, it'd let us more carefully consider our track choices and it'd alleviate these types of scenarios, where, say, someone likes a stage concept but isn't a fan of the tracklist
That’s fair - I was planning on extending this particular job through today anyway due to a lack of submissions, so I have more time to think.

As for the music, we’re adopting an Ultimate-type system where any song from a series can be played on any stage from that series, with a “bonus music” job being done for every series/company. If I swap out some music now, I’ll probably send them again when we do the bonus music for Sega.

Regardless, I appreciate your input!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
As for the music, we’re adopting an Ultimate-type system where any song from a series can be played on any stage from that series, with a “bonus music” job being done for every series/company. If I swap out some music now, I’ll probably send them again when we do the bonus music for Sega.
oh wow ok yeah I totally forgot about this! I think it should be fine then

This is a good point. Ice attacks dealing extra damage to Metroids is all well and good, but being suspectible to only ice attacks is a bit much.
I'm gonna change that. The Metroid enemy can be killed in any ways.

Anyway, here's a 3rd party stage submission:
Mishima Dojo (TEKKEN)
1678624561655.png
Mishima Dojo is one of playable arenas in Tekken 7 and most known locations in Tekken universe.
It's a japanese-styled dojo where Heihachi resides and it's located in volcanic area.

In this game, the stage would be like in previous smash game with breakable walls and ceiling like in Tekken 6 and 7.
Although this stage starts as small flat stage, but when you break the walls or ceiling, it expands beyond the building.

Now Kazuya, Jin, Asuka, Kuma and Heihachi make a cameo in background.

Songs:
1. Kyoto theme - Tekken 1 (Arcade)
2. Tekken 2 - Black winter night sky
3. Tekken 3 - Jin's theme
4. Authentic sky - Tekken 4
5. Sparking! - Tekken 5
6. Electric fountain - Tekken 6
7. Solitude - Tekken 7
8. Fist meets fate - Tekken 8

Since Smash and Tekken are both fighting games, I think Tekken should be represented in this smash game, especially in form of stage.
Also I chose Mishima Dojo because it has a connection to Kazuya and Heihachi (the dojo was named after their last names).

Attachments

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Our next three items will be the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Super Scope, and Expansion Pak!
  • All Smash'n'Grab enemies will be accepted!
  • We've reached the "cutoff" number of stages I wanted to add for the stage job, but since I was already planning to extend it, I'll give it an extra day.
Job 45: Submit a stage from any of our third parties!
Sonic, Street FIghter, and Pac-Man cannot recieve second stages.

Job 47: Submit twelve alternate costumes for Inkling, Isabelle, and/or Olimar!

Submissions close tomorrow around noon.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Wily Castle (Mega Man)

Same layout as real Smash. Mega Man, Proto Man, Dr. Wily, and Yellow Devil make cameos.

Music:
Cut Man Stage (1)
Dr. Wily Stage 1 and 2 (2)
Metal Man Stage (2)
Wood Man Stage (2)
Top Man Stage (3)
Proto Man's Theme (3)

FazDude

Smash Master
Inkling Alts
  1. Splatoon 1 Inkling Girl (Orange)
  2. Splatoon 1 Inkling Boy (Blue)
  3. Splatoon 2 Inkling Girl (Hot Pink)
  4. Splatoon 2 Inkling Boy (Green)
  5. Splatoon 3 Inkling Girl (Yellow)
  6. Splatoon 3 Inkling Boy (Purple)
  7. Agent 3 (Lime Green)
  8. Agent 4 (Orangeish-Yellow)
  9. Octoling (model swap, girl)
  10. Soldier Octoling (boy)
  11. Agent 8 (girl)
  12. Sanitized Octoling (boy)
If we do a clone job (which isn't out of the question), I'll probably vouch for Octoling as a seperate fighter and do a job to replace Inkling's Octoling alts.

Olimar Alts
  1. Default
  2. Alph (model swap)
  3. Brittany (model swap)
  4. Pikmin 4 Leader (model swap)
  5. Red Olimar
  6. Green Alph
  7. Blue Brittany
  8. Yellow P4
  9. Black Olimar
  10. Orange Alph
  11. Purple Britanny
  12. Brown P4

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Inkling and Olimar alts win by default.
  • Isabelle's alts will remain open through tomorrow.
  • Please vote for your top three third-party stages:
    • Seven-Way Speedway (Daytona USA) (FazDude)
    • Mishima Dojo (Tekken) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Raccoon City (Resident Evil) (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Wily Castle (Mega Man) (Northsouthmap)
Job 46 (cont.): Submit twelve alternate colors/costumes for Isabelle!

Job 47: Submit bonus music for the Donkey Kong series!
Please submit up to four DK music tracks to be available on DK series stages!

Submissions close tomorrow around noon.

FazDude

Smash Master

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Our next stages will be Raccoon City, Mishima Dojo, and Seven-Way Speedway!
  • Since Isabelle hasn't gotten any submissions yet, I'll handle them myself - probably when I do submissions for today's jobs.
  • All DK music will be accepted.
Job 48: Submit a fighter who debuted in the past decade!
Submit a character who debuted in any game released in 2013 or later. This may be someone from a franchise that debuted in that time, or a character in an older franchise that made their debut in that time. (Third-parties from any of our collaborating studios [Sega, Capcom, Namco, Square Enix, or Activision] may be submitted for this job.)

Job 49: Submit a stage for a fighter-repped franchise without one!
This includes Donkey Kong, Wario, Metroid, Joy Mech Fight, Mother, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Advance Wars, or Xenoblade. In the case of Joy Mech Fight, I'll allow any stage from "retro" NES games (like Gyromite), but JMF must have at least one song on it.

Submissions close tomorrow at noon!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ignore this. Has been answered

Last edited by a moderator:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For the fighter, I’ll nominate Byleth.
Byleth from FE: Three Houses

For the stage, I’ll nominate Magicant.
Magicant

Tracks:
Magicant
Smiles and Tears
Pollyanna
Bein’ Friends
Snowman
Mother 3 Love Theme
Unfounded Revenge
Porky’s Theme

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
That's totally on me - I saw it on the Sega Wiki as Three-Seven Speedway but I had a smooth brain moment and just kinda rolled with it. Will fix - thanks for the heads up!
oh I see! sorry it feels like all I ever do in this thread is barge in to go "well ACKSHUALLY" about sega stuff - will keep a close eye and see if i can actually contribute more one of these days

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 48:Min Min (ARMS)
1200px-Min_Min_SSBU.png

Min Min is the playable character from the fighting game ARMS,she is a martial artist that is on the ARMS tournament for promote her family's resraurant called Mintendo Noodle House.

Min Min is considered a fan favorite character for ARMS fans,she is the winner from party crash bash and she is in Smash Ultimate.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fighter: Greninja (Pokemon X/Y)
600px-0658Greninja.png

Stage: Wario's Castle (Wario Land)
wariolandend.png

(I imagine it being something like Luigi's Mansion from Smash Bros. Brawl but bigger and more space with many rooms, like the giant faucet room and snake infested basement as well Wario's bedroom and throne room.)

Music Tracks:
  1. Main Theme (Wario Land)
  2. Demon Head (Virtual Boy)
  3. Shoot the Basketball Bunny (Wario Land 2)
  4. Peaceful Village (Night) (Wario Land 3)
  5. Hurry Up! (Wario Land 4)
  6. Greenhorn Forest (Wario World)
  7. Terrormisu (Master of Disguise)
  8. Shake King (Wario Land: Shake It!)

Past decade character submission:
Springman (ARMS)
1678813671822.png
Springman is one of playable characters from Nintendo's 2017 fighting game ARMS and he is a young man who participates in a tournament where he has to fight opponents with special gene that gives them springy arms. He is the face of the game due to appearing on the cover of the game.

While not popular as Mario or Inkling, Springman is one of notable modern Nintendo characters that debuted on Nintendo switch console and he is a new series representative for this game. While ARMS is a veteran series in smash, Springman would be a new fighters from it.

I think his moveset would be similar to MinMin's, but it would be themed after his attacks. His final smash would same as MinMin's, but he's in the lead instead of her.

Job 49:
Jungle Hijinx (Donkey Kong Country - SNES, 1994)
1678813829002.png
Jungle Hijinx is the first level of 1994 platforming game Donkey Kong Country and it's located in the jungle, near DK's house.

Jungle Hijinx (DKC) is one of iconic levels from Nintendo games and many nintendo fans could recognize it through it's theme or appearance.

The layout of the stage is inspired by SSF2's Jungle Hijinx stage layout as it's seen on the photo (specifically the 9a - 9b version):
1678814726495.png

Although there are some changes. This stage has now a second platform on the left side of the stage and it has a second barrel too.

The visual design of the stage is inspired by Donkey Kong Country SNES game, but it's more updated graphically to our current standards (the palm and ground design still catches the charm of the first game). The tree house that stays in the background uses it's DKCR design.

Songs for stage:
1. Donkey Kong/DK Jr. medley - SSBU (Remix)
2. DK Rap - Donkey Kong 64
3. Donkey Kong 3 medley
4. Title theme - Donkey Kong '94
5. Jungle Hijinx - Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
6. Stickerbrush Symphony - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's quest
7. Title theme/Dixie's beat - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's double trouble
8. Jungle Hijinx - Donkey Kong Country Returns

Attachments

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Rex and Pyra (XC 2)
1678828619953.jpeg

Brinstar (Metroid)

Same layout as real Smash, but design more like NES game.

Music:
Title Theme - NES
Brinstar - NES
Escape - NES
Vs. Ridley - Super
Samus Aran, Space Warrior - Super
Vs. Mother Brain - Super
Opening Menu - Prime

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter: Raven Beak

While Ridley isn't deconfirmed (albeit ineligble for this specific job), his role as an assist gives us a good opportunity to shed some spotlight on the latest Metroid villain. Raven Beak's raw strength and plethora of skills could make for a pretty fun moveset!

I do admit I was planning to submit a DK stage, but I really like Tankman's Jungle Hijinx pitch, so I'll sit this one out.

Isabelle Alts:
All of her alts from Ultimate, plus four model swaps which replace her with Digby.
  • Default Digby
  • Raincoat Digby
  • Dalmatian Digby
  • Golden Retriever Digby

Last edited:
Top Bottom