• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You just need one more alt and you should be good to go.

As a side note, since this is around the time I usually update the thread, we really can't go on with more jobs until at least one of these is complete, so if you have ideas, please pitch them!

Job 34: Submit twelve alternate costumes for Fox, Ness, and/or Marth!

Job 35: Submit a moveset for Inkling, Isabelle, and/or Olimar!
For my final Ness color I want to use Claus' color scheme for Mother 3

As for Olimar, I feel like his current moveset is perfect for him, but I want to change his Side Smashes to include a Rock Pikmin, since he never uses that in his base moveset. This attack would have hin pluck a Rock Pikmin from the ground and swing it around like a mace, this attack is very powerful and has high knockback but has very slow start and end lag to compensate. Additionally Rock Pikmin will be included in his default Pikmin army, getting hit by one will cause a guaranteed flinch which lasts a bit longer than a normal flinch, but the Rock Pikmin can't latch onto fighters, just like the games. The Purple Pikmin will also be changed to make it the slowest attacker but will make the fighter they are latched on heavier, making it harder to run and jump.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Ness:
Original Red Cap
Yellow Cap
Blue Cap (Childhood)
Green Cap
Purple Cap and Black Shirt
White Cap and Shirt
Cyan Cap
Orange Cap
Purple Cap and Cyan Shirt
Pink Cap, Blond Hair, and Pink shirt (Paula Based)
Blond Hair, White Cap and Shirt (Porky)
Transparent (Ghost based)

Marth:
New Mystery Outfit
Red Outfit
Green Outfit
White Outfit
Black Outfit
Yellow Outfit
Classic Outfit
Caeda colored outfit
Nyna colored outfit
Kris Outfit
Anri Outfit
Lucina Outfit

FazDude

Smash Master
Pupp135's Marth alts win by default.

Vote for Ness' alts here:

I'll do Fox's alts real quickly so we can get a new job in the rotation: It's all of his Ultimate alts, plus...
  • Super FX-style polygonal Fox (model swap)
  • Gray/pink FX Fox
  • Red/Green FX Fox
  • Blue/Purple FX Fox

Job 35: Submit a moveset for Inkling, Isabelle, and/or Olimar!
If this job is not done by tomorrow at noon, we'll just port over all of Ultimate's movesets for the characters.

Job 36: Submit an assist from an 80's Nintendo game!

Job 36:
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!!)
1677872431770.png
Little Mac is a protagonist of Nintendo's boxing game series "Punch-Out!!!" amd he is the youngest and smallest boxer from Bronx.
His motive is to win the boxing tournament by defeating boxers from around the world.

Little Mac is one of popular 1980's Nintendo characters and his series was popular back in the 80's.
Also I feel that Punch-Out needs to be repped in this game somehow considering it's popularity.

When summoned, he would act like in Brawl. He would punch and uppercut the opponent.

His design would be based on Wii game, but the NES/Arcade sounds play when he attacks an opponents or he gets damaged by opponent.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
As assists are allowed to be playable, I’ll go with Pit, who’d switch between using arrows and his sword.
Pit

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1677898353829.png

Bubbles
Clu Clu Land

A simple but very powerful assist, when summoned, Bubbles will spawn in latch onto an enemy. And like a peg in their home game they will turn the fighter 45 degrees clockwise and launch them. Fighters facing the right will be spiked, fighters facing the left will be launched upwards, and fighters facing up or down will be pushed back. Again very simple but under the right circumstances, Bubbles can bring a lot to a fight. As an easter egg if you play as a fighter who originated before when Clu Clu land debuted (1987) Bubbles will spawn in their classic 8-bit form, otherwise, they will use a 3D model reminiscent of their cover art.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Pupp135's Ness alts will be used.
  • Inkling, Isabelle, and Olimar will use their Ultimate movesets by default.
  • Please vote for your top three assists:
    • Excitebiker (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Pit (Kid Icarus) (Pupp135)
    • Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) (Glubbfubb)
    • Devil (Devil World) (Northsouthmap)
Job 37: Submit animations for Ness, Fox, and/or Marth!

Job 38: Submit up to five trophies for the Legend of Zelda series!
Please be sure to include images.

Jobs close tomorrow at noon.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Assist Votes
  1. Bubbles
  2. Little Mac
  3. Excitebiker

Zelda Trophies
  • The Champions
  • Navi
  • Young Link
  • Toon Link
  • Wind Fish

Animations
  • Ness
    • Entrance: Ness uses Teleport to enter the stage.
    • Taunts
      • Ness nods towards the screen and says "Okay!"
      • Ness brandishes his baseball bat.
      • Ness moves some PSI energy with his hands.
      • Ness gives the camera a peace sign. Say "fuzzy pickles!"
    • Victory Animations
      • Ness runs up to the camera and nods.
      • Ness look around before scratching the back of his head.
      • Ness swings his baseball bat before brandishing it.
  • Fox
    • Entrance: Fox flies by in an Arwing, jumping out of it.
    • Taunts
      • Fox crouches down, beckoning the opponent while saying "Come at me!"
      • Fox crouches down as his body becomes engulfed in fire.
      • Fox spins his blaster in one hand.
      • Fox radios in to his team; The voice of Falco, Peppy, or Slippy can be heard on the other end.
    • Victory Animations
      • Fox spins his blaster before holstering it and looking to the side.
      • Fox points his blaster around before saying "Mission complete!"
      • Fox crosses his arms and looks upward.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Our next three assists will be Bubbles, Little Mac, and Excitebiker!
  • All Zelda spirits will be added!
  • My Ness and Fox animations will be used by default. Marth's will remain open through tomorrow.
Only one job for today...
Job 39: Submit a Masterpieces game from the Super Nintendo!
Any first-party SNES game will be allowed.

Submissions close tomorrow. It's almost time for the job you've been waiting for...

Job 39:
Star Fox (SNES - 1993)
1678035536076.png
Star Fox is a rail shooter video game made by Argonaut Software & Nintendo while being published by Nintendo.
The game is about Fox and his team, who are traveling through Lylat System in order to fight the main villain of the series: Andross.

Star Fox (1993) was considered as one of greatest games of all time due to being Nintendo's answer to 3D gaming and it was very successful game that started the franchise on high note.

This masterpiece can be played for 5 minutes and you start from Corneria.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Please vote for your top three Masterpieces.
    • Super Mario World (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Star Fox (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Pupp135)
    • Donkey Kong Country (Northsouthmap)
    • Pilotwings (FazDude)
    • Super Metroid (DarkVortex)
  • Marth animation submissions remain open.
For now, though, it's time for something new...
Job 40: Submit a third-party character AND a stage to go alongside them!
Please submit a third-party character, a stage, and 1-8 music tracks to go alongside them. Any third-party will be accepted, but they must be video game characters.

Submissions close tomorrow evening (I'll probably be busy around noon tomorrow).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Adventurer

The hero from Atari's Adventure. His moveset would composite together elements from different first party Atari 2600 games, as well as certain arcade games.

Stage: Primordial Vector

This stage would have the layout we associate with Smashville (I don't know if we already have that, so tell me if we do) and be based on the vector graphics from BattleZone. There are no tanks or anything to that extent, just the background with the mountains and moon. The platforms you can stand on are red, everything else is green.

Songs:

1. Atari Theme Song
  2. Have You Played Atari Today?
  3. One Night Shot
  4. Atari's Greatest Hits
  5. Atari 50
  6. Reve de Cobra
  7. Centipede
  8. The Fun is Back!

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 40:Sonic The Hedgehog

images (4).jpeg

Sonic The Hedgehog is the eponymous protagonist from a video games series nade by Sega,he is a blue antropomorphic hedgehog that likes chili dogs and adventures and he stop a lot of times Dr. Eggman's plans.

Sonic is the most iconic video game character of the gaming history,Sega and Nintendo have a biggest history,both the console rivalry and Sonic games on Nintendo consoles,he's in three Smash games (Brawl,Sm4sh and Ultimate).

Stage:Green Hill Zone

MD_Sonic_the_Hedgehog.png

Green Hill Zone is a level from Sonic The Hedgehog 1,as a stage,Green Hill Zone would be the same stage layout of Green Hill Zone of Project M

Music:
Green Hill Zone
Chemical Plant Zone
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Stardust Speedway (JP, Bad Future)
Super Sonic Racing
Live and Learn
Aquarium Park
Mirage Saloon Zone

(i wanted to put more sonic songs,but 8 songs that enough)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Just as a head's up, stages are a requirement for this job. You can edit them into your post later on if you don't have any ideas at the moment, but if you don't have one by the time the next jobs start (which will likely be around 7:30 EST tomorrow), your submission will likely be denied.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Third Party: Crash Bandicoot
EgvvVEVXcAILOBJ.png

One of the most iconic gaming characters and one of the most requested fighters.

Home Stage: Native Fortress
fortress.jpg

Originally debuting in the first Crash Bandicoot game, as well as its remake in the N. Sane Trilogy, Native Fortress was the ninth level, as well as the last level of the first island. It is where Crash escapes from Papu Papu's stronghold and continues his journey of rescuing Tawna Bandicoot from the clutches of Cortex.

As a stage, it includes a long platform in the middle, plus six more platforms located on both sides.
The background not only features the wooden fortress, but all of the Wumpa Islands and Cortex's blimp can be seen flying.

Stage hazards would be the fire, spiky pillars, and tribe people who appear on stage to attack.

Music Tracks:
  1. N. Sanity Beach - Crash 1
  2. Main Theme - Crash 2
  3. Main Theme - Crash 3
  4. Main Theme - Crash Twinsanity
  5. Hog Wild - Crash 1
  6. Slippery Climb - Crash 1
  7. Ripper Roo - Crash 1
  8. Dingodile Theme - Crash 2

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Third Party: Crash Bandicoot
View attachment 369078
One of the most iconic gaming characters and one of the most requested fighters.

Home Stage: Native Fortress
View attachment 369080
Originally debuting in the first Crash Bandicoot game, as well as its remake in the N. Sane Trilogy, Native Fortress was the ninth level, as well as the last level of the first island. It is where Crash escapes from Papu Papu's stronghold and continues his journey of rescuing Tawna Bandicoot from the clutches of Cortex.

As a stage, it includes a long platform in the middle, plus six more platforms located on both sides.
The background not only features the wooden fortress, but all of the Wumpa Islands and Cortex's blimp can be seen flying.

Stage hazards would be the fire, spiky pillars, and tribe people who appear on stage to attack.

Music Tracks:
  1. N. Sanity Beach - Crash 1
  2. Main Theme - Crash 2
  3. Main Theme - Crash 3
  4. Main Theme - Crash Twinsanity
  5. Hog Wild - Crash 1
  6. Stormy Ascent/Slippery Climb - Crash 1
  7. Ripper Roo - Crash 1
  8. Hot Air Skyway - Crash Team Racing
  9. Dingodile Theme - Crash 2
  10. Electron Avenue - Crash Nitro Kart
The cap for music tracks is eight; Do you mind cutting two songs?

This stage would have the layout we associate with Smashville (I don't know if we already have that, so tell me if we do)
We don't have a Smashville layout stage, so this is fine!

Votes:
1. Mario World
2. Star Fox
3. DKC

Job 40:
Ryu (Street Fighter)
1678123669109.png
Ryu is one of playable characters and the face of Capcom's Street Fighter series and he is a japanese warrior, who wants to become a world champion by fighting foes from other countries, but he has to defeat M. Bison - leader of Shadaloo who wants to take over the whole world.

Ryu is one of most iconic video game characters of all time and he is one of most recognizable fighting game characters that many gamers know about. Plus he is a king of crossovers as he appears in crossover game like Super Smash Bros. or even Project X Zone.

I feel his moveset would be kept from past games, but he would get some moveset changes to make him more faithful to his home video game series like more inputs or even move reworks or etc.
Plus he would regain his stats from past games and obviously his iconic SF 2 design.

3rd Party stage:
Suzaku Castle
1678123853094.png
Suzaku Castle is one of most known locations from Street Fighter games and it's Ryu's home stage in SF II and V.

In this game, the layout of the stage would be similar to past smash games, but the right part of the stage is elongated to make it more accurate to SF video games. Japanese characters from series + Ken & Chun-Li make a cameo in background of the stage.

Songs:
1. Ryu Stage - Street Fighter 2 (Arcade)
2. Chun-li Stage - Street fighter 2
3. Ryu's theme - Street Fighter III: 3rd strike
4. Ryu's stage - Street Fighter Alpha
5. Ken's theme - Street Fighter 2
6. Main theme (english) - Street Fighter IV
7. Suzaku Castle - Street Fighter V
8. Not on the sidelines - Street Fighter 6

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Super Mario World
2. Starfox
3. DKC

Pac-Man
1678139751275.jpeg

Pac-Maze

Layout same as Smash.

Music:
Pac-Man
Pac-Man's Park/ Block Town (Pac-Mania)
Galaga Medley
Mappy Medley
Buccaneer Beach (Pac-Man World)
Pac-Village (Pac-Man World 2)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Votes
  1. DKC
  2. Star Fox
  3. Pilotwings
Fighter: Red (Angry Birds)

One of the biggest mobile phenomenons out there, Angry Birds is a franchise I think is absolutely deserving of Smash representation. While he probably won't get in over juggernauts like Sonic or Ryu, I at least wanna throw Red into the ring.

Stage: Poached Eggs

This is a randomly-generated stage ala Super Mario Maker, with random pig fortresses being summoned to serve as soft platforms and walls alike. You can smash these structures by attacking them, and once the current structures are destroyed, new ones will take their place, creating a constantly changing battlefield!

Music

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. DKC
2. Star Fox
3. Mario World

I’ll go with Cloud
Cloud Strife.png

Stage: Northern Cave
SSBU Northern Cave.png

Songs:
One Winged Angel
Opening
Let the Battles Begin
Gold Saucer Theme
FFVII Theme
JENOVA
Cosmos Canyon
Aerith’s Theme

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1678164761874.png

Spyro
I feel like with him in the running, we will have all the major 3rd party characters included in the first vote. Spyro offers a lot of options for movesets with both his classic, Legends, and Skylanders incarnations offering several cool alternate colors and attacks to choose from. Overall I just think Spyro is neat and he should be in the running for this job.

1678164925171.png

Artisan Homeworld
Spyro's homeland, this stage takes place in the courtyard around the waterfalls. There will be two pillars that rise and sink into the water below, with ledges around both pillars to act as extra platforms. Be careful when on these ledges however as Gnorc thieves can run across the ledges, and if they collide, they will steal the item your carrying and take a large amount of coins if coin battles return. Sheep also make an appearance who drop from the sky and act as bouncing bumper balls for extra hazards. Finally, Sparx will occasionally fly about, and hitting him will drop some food for healing. Overall a simple stage but a potential fun one.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Erdrick

Dragon Quest was massively influential to not only RPGs but the games industry as a whole and Erdrick is considered one of the greatest characters early on due to the popularity of DQ3 and how he’s mentioned in DQ1 and 2. He would fight similarly to how he does in Smash although probably less “gimmicky” since there aren’t too many RPG characters before him. I chose him rather than all four heroes because I feel like it would be good to focus on one character for Smash and since DQ11 on switch isn’t so new we don’t really need to promote it here.

Stage: Alefgard

A simple scrolling stage that goes across several plains, deserts, grasslands and towns
Songs:
Overture (Dragon Quest)
Intermezzo (Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation)
Adventure (Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation)
Fighting Spirits (Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation)
Battle (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
War Cry (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
The Hero Goes Forth With A Determination (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)
Unflinchable Courage (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)

Top Bottom