• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Story mode plot:
I’m thinking of having an unknown force that corrupts characters leaks throughout the different universes, and the source will be from a unique universe. In terms of how characters and universes are handled, there will br a group of two or three fighters that start in a universe with two or three levels, but as the story progresses, the fighters go to other ones before going to the series unique one. Characters join different groups throughout the journey, and some groups will meet up in the middle of the story.

Boss: Mother Brain
SSBU spirit Mother Brain.png
She’d be on one side of the map, and she’d fire projectiles at the player. Also, she’d fire a laser attack occasionally.

Unrelated, but is the maximum number of players per match 8, or is it reduced for being a reboot?

Last edited:
Job 31:
Andross (Star Fox)
1677438111898.png
Andross is the main villain of Star Fox series and he is a monkey scientist, who was banished from Corneria to desolated planet Venom after he created an accidental experiment that would cause extinction of Corneria inhabitants.
After that time, he declared a Lylat war and Team Star Fox wanted to investigate his actions on planet Venom.

In this game, the Battle takes place on Great Fox (It flies above Venom) and he hovers above it, being ready to kill the player.
(Also the layout of Great Fox is similar to the Venom stage, but it's seen from back like in SF games)

As a Boss character, his moveset would be this:

• Inhale and Exhale - Andross goes into Background and inhales the matter along with spitting out Meteors from his mouth, dealing normal damage.
  • Hand punch - Andross goes into Background again and punches from it, dealing heavy damage. It targets the opponent while floating in Background.
  • Head Slam - Andross slams his head into Great Fox, shaking it. It gives strong damage,
  • Hand Blaster - Andross shoots out the bullet from his hand that explodes when touched.
When his 1st Phase gets defeated, his head gets destroyed and it reveals his Brain with floating eyes.

His 2nd Phase attacks:

• Eye Missile - Andross goes into Background and shoots out his 2 eyes in front of him that deal normal damage.
  • Eye Orbit - Andross orbits his eyes around his Brain body.
  • Brain tendrils - Andross thrusts his tendrils down that can spike the opponent. Deals small damage.

After being defeated, he explodes and the boss battle ends and Great Fox flies away from planet Venom.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Admitedly, I hadn't thought about this. If people want a different number of characters, say so and we can have a quick vote/job about it later on.
Thanks, and I’m fine with keeping 8 as it’s fun. There are fangames with 12 (Rumble and Universe), but those get chaotic really fast, especially on smaller maps, and this is a reboot, so adding more fighters per match is the least of our concerns.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
King Bob-bomb (Super Mario)

He stands on one end of the platform you fight on. He throws Bob-Ombs at you and can even pick you up and throw you off the stage. The idea is to pick up the Bob-Ombs he throws and throw them back at him, stunning him. He is then able to be damaged. At one-fourth health, he begins to run around the stage, releasing Bob-Ombs as he goes.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Story wise I think it would be fun if the main "villain" isn't some generic apocalyptical force but rather something the equivalent of a great cosmic deity with the mind of a child. The main problem is that this child has the ability to turn of their thoughts into reality, and someone or something is giving them nightmares. As a result many different universes have fused together, forming one giant world to explore. The game focuses on several different groups of characters who swap around as the story progresses, with choices in one group potentially affecting the choices of another group. The game also features several nightmares which take the form of totally original characters as bosses, each based off a phobia. By defeating these nightmares, the player as a whole will slowly reach the main deity and save them from their nightmares. Nothing flashy but I think its neat.

May post a boss later

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Bosses: Fury Bowser

Giga Bowser is yesterday's news. In his place is the jet-black, kajiu-sized Koopa King! He plays mostly the same, but honestly, he looks way cooler, so whatever.
I think Giga Bowser should summon small clones of the fighter attacking it called Fury Clones, that's just my idea.

Will these bosses appear in both story and Smash'n'Grab

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1677472143013.png

Dark Lord
Miitopia

The main antagonist of Miitopia, the Dark Lord first starts out as standard Multi Man Brawl, however the last Mii killed has their face stolen and placed on the Dark Lord's body. The Dark Lord has a variety of attacks including swipes and scratches with his hands, summoning homing balls of shadow magic to lull you to asleep, summoning meteors which act similiarly to PK Statstorm, and summoning shadowy versions of the player character of various sizes and power. The Dark Lord can also summon various enemies to help him, these enemies come from all the miscellaneous franchises, i e franchises lacking playable fighters or assists, as well as from the Mii series. Overall a quite tricky opponent, with a hint of intractability.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Please vote for our story mode plot here: https://strawpoll.com/polls/40Zmq4j04Za
  • Please select your top three bosses from this list - The top three overall will be added!
    • Mother Brain (Metroid) (Pupp135)
    • Zero (Kirby) (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Andross (Star Fox) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • King Bob-Omb (Super Mario) (Northsouthmap)
    • Fury Bowser (Super Mario) (FazDude)
    • Dark Lord (Miitopia) (Glubbfubb)
Job 32: Submit a fighter who wasn't playable in a past Smash game!
Right now, all of our fighters are characters who have been playable in previous Smash games, but that changes today! Please submit a Nintendo character who has not been playable in a previous Smash (barring glitches/mods). These may be from any franchise!

Job 33: Submit a stage based on a 2010s-console game!
Please submit a stage from a game which saw its first release on 3DS, Wii U, or the Switch. Be sure to include 1-8 music tracks!

Submissions close tomorrow at noon!

Also, for those of you who may have been wondering, we will begin third-party content with next week's fighter/stage jobs!

Last edited:
Job 32:
Excitebiker
1677517395134.png

"Excitebiker revs up for the battle!"

ExciteBiker is motocross racer from Nintendo's "Excite" series, who races with other ExciteBike racers on ExciteBike arena. He is one of Nintendo's classic characters with modern titles and even iconic retro character, who was made by Nintendo.
ExciteBiker debuted on 1984's Side-Scrolling racing game called "ExciteBike" released on Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), which it sold over 4 millions of copies.

He originally was meant to be in Melee, but he was replaced by Ice climbers due not able to jump without ramps. (Although it's not an issue anymore, since we saw ExciteBike assist trophy jump without it)

His moveset could borrow stuff from "Excite" games, like NES ExciteBike and ExciteBike 64, which it could be unique moveset due attacking opponents on Bike. He could be middleweight Rushdown character with fastest speed from Nintendo characters and he could have a gimmick named "Temperature Meter" where Excitebiker dashes or attacks, which it rises the temperature in his bike. When it's full, his bike explodes and after 2 seconds while being stunned, it rejoins and he comes back on his bike.
His design could be based on World Rally incarnation, but he could use elements from his NES/Melee design like his bike for example.

I nominate ExciteBiker as fighter, because he could represent NES Era in Smash reboot as Fighter, which it could be very cool addition to Smash like Ice Climbers in Melee.
Also if had a challenger pack, he could also bring new spirits & music from other Nintendo titles that are currently unrepresented by fighters.
Besides that, his game is so iconic that new and old nintendo fans can recognize him, especially if you're not a Nintendo fan that grew up back in 80's.

Another reason why he should be in smash is because his game's engine was used in Super Mario Bros (NES), which is one of very popular Mario titles ever existed. Without it, SMB possibly wouldn't have a side scrolling mechanic implemented in.
His debut game was one of 10 most selling NES games of all time.

Boss votes:
1. Mother Brain
2. Andross
3. Fury Bowser

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Dark Lord
2. Fury Bowser
3. Mother Brain

Job 32:Ashley (WarioWare Inc.)

9fd1e62092dc43a434556abf431b1623.png

Ashley is a character from WarioWare series,she is a little witch that lives in a haunted mansion with her partner Red the Demon and one of members of Wario's cast.

Ashley is a fan-favorite character by WarioWare and Mario fans,she is in two Smash games (Smash 4 and Ultimate) but as an assist trophy,a lot of her fans wanted Ashley as a playable character.

i wanted to submit Sami from Advance Wars,Isaac from Golden Sun or Lip from Panel De Pon,but they are very obscure and i think Ashley fits more

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate Isaac

I’ll go with Isaac from Golden Sun for this one as I find him to be fun to play in SSF2, but it helps that he is requested, and we don’t have a true GBA retro character yet.
If returning stages are allowed, I’ll nominate Arena Ferox, which would like it does in 3DS/Ultimate.
Arena Ferox press image 2.jpg
Songs:

Fire Emblem Theme
Shadow Dragon Arena Theme
Attack: Blazing Blade
Together We Ride
Against the Dark Knight
Id (Purpose)
Lost in Thoughts All Alone
God Shattering Star

1. Fury Bowser
2. Dark Lord
3. Andross

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Fury
2. Dark Lord
3. Mother Brain

Squid Sisters

Splatoon is definitely one of nintendo’s biggest modern franchises as of late and I can see them giving it a lot of representation in this game. So I chose Squid Sisters because they’re in all the games and I feel could be a very good representation of the series with a fun new moveset.

Modern stage: Penny’s Lab

Similar to the WarioWare Inc stage only it’s based on Penny’s stage from WarioWare GIT.
Tracks:
1. Penny’s Theme (US)
2. Penny’s Theme (JP)
3. Body Rock
4. Ashley’s Theme
5. Mike’s Theme
6. Mona Pizza’s Theme (US)
7. Mona Pizza’s Theme (JP)
8. WarioWare, Inc.

FazDude

Smash Master

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1677563621459.png

Paper Mario
Paper Mario Franchise

I feel as though Paper Mario would act as a good replacement to Dr. Mario, not only does he have a more distinct set of moves to use for attacks, but some cool ideas for Gimmicks. He would most likely have Mario's speed but the lightest weight in the game; he can also use his paper-like qualities to become a very slippery foe. Finally, I think he would bring a nice variant on the Palentina's Guidance/Snake Codex in what I call the Fighter Tattle, basically depending on the skin, Goombella or Tippi would examine the enemy and do some quips on the fighter, giving some guidance along the way. Overall an iconic character that should be playable soon.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
(don't worry speed your sami submission will still be counted)

• The story mode plot vote ended in a tie, so I've used RNG - We will use Pupp135's pitch!
  • Our first three bosses will be Fury Bowser, Dark Lord, and Mother Brain!
  • Please vote for your top four fighters.
    • Excitebiker (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Ashley (Wario) (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Isaac (Golden Sun) (Pupp135)
    • Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby) (Northsouthmap)
    • Squid Sisters (Splatoon) (Champion of Hyrule)
    • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (FazDude)
    • Paper Mario (Glubbfubb)
    • Sami (Advance Wars) (Speed Weed)
  • Please vote for your top two stages.
    • Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem) (Pupp135)
    • Penny's Lab (Wario) (Champion of Hyrule)
    • Spring Stadium (ARMS) (FazDude)
Job 34: Submit twelve alternate costumes for Fox, Ness, and/or Marth!

Job 35: Submit a moveset for Inkling, Isabelle, and/or Olimar!

Submissions for these jobs will be open until Thursday, since I have a fairly important quiz tomorrow that I need to study for. Voting will still end at the regular time, though.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Sami
2. Sukapon
3. ExciteBiker
4. Isaac

Advocating for all the new series submitted here!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting is closed! Sami and Sukapon will be our next two fighters, while Arena Ferox and Spring Stadium join the stage lineup.

Keep in mind that the latest jobs are open through noon tomorrow.

Question will next job have us submit enemies for Smash'n'Grab

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1677735589689.png
1677735600552.png
1677735625500.png

I am submitting Ninten's and Lucus' color scheme, along with his pajamas, as alternate colors for Ness.

FazDude

Smash Master

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Great ideas, but you need twelve total costumes (with the default skin counting as a slot). If you import all of Ness’ colors from Ultimate alongside these, you should get pretty close to that number.
Let's do that as well

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Let's do that as well
You just need one more alt and you should be good to go.

As a side note, since this is around the time I usually update the thread, we really can't go on with more jobs until at least one of these is complete, so if you have ideas, please pitch them!

Top Bottom