• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. All-Star
2, Stamina
3. Stage Builder

1. Custom Moves
2. Smash Carnival
3. Hazard Toggle

I guess I’ll go with stickers from Brawl except they have descriptions.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions/voting are closed!

• Vote for your top three collectibles for a ranked vote:
    • Trophies (FazDude)
    • Hanafuda Cards (Speed Weed)
    • Spirits (Master Hero Sock-on-Rye)
    • Video Game Boxes (Northsouthmap)
    • Stickers (Pupp135)
----
Job 12: Submit a fighter from a currently unrepresented Nintendo series!
When I say "unrepresented", I mean in relation to our game so far, not Smash as a whole. That means any fighter who is not from the following franchises will be allowed: Super Mario (including Yoshi and Wario), Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Kirby, Mother, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, or Splatoon.

Job 13: Submit a stage from a currently unrepresented Nintendo series!
Any franchise aside from Game & Watch, Super Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Wii, and Splatoon is allowed for this job! Please include one to eight music tracks alongside your stage.

Submissions and voting close tomorrow. Have fun!

FazDude

Smash Master
Collectible Votes
  1. Trophies
  2. Hanafuda Cards
  3. Stickers
Job 12: Mr. Game & Watch

But of course.

Job 13: Hyrule Temple (Legend of Zelda)

I'm not a Zelda expert, but we really need a stage for it here, so here's my pitch.

For the music, I went with some iconic tracks from the series.

Job 12:
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
1676481640098.png
Shulk is a main protagonist of first Xenoblade Chronicles game and possibly the face of the whole Xenoblade Chronicles franchise. He is a hom that wields a legendary sword/blade called Monado that can allow him to switch through Monado arts. His motive is to help his friends and defeat Metal Face, who resides on Mechonis.

In terms of his moveset, I feel we could keep his smash moveset, but he could get some move changes to make him more faithful to video game that he originated from. He would still fight with his sword, but he would also use some melee moves like kicks (Take Melia's kick as his move) to not make him a fighter with sword-only moves.
He would retain his stats from previous games.

I feel Xenoblade Chronicles should be represented in form of fighter because the franchise itself is big and it's first game was considered as one of the greatest games of all time as Wikipedia said. Also I feel Shulk should be a first choice for XBC fighter in our roster.

Nintendo stage submission:
Corneria (Star Fox)
1676482387695.png
1676482403508.png

(I added two images for references for stage design)​
Corneria is one of the planets from Lylat System and one of most known locations in Star Fox video game series. Corneria is a green Earth-like planet with flora, fauna and oceans and it's a home for Cornerians (especially team star fox).

As for stage layout, the fighter would fight on the four Arwings that fly above the Corneria's ground. They can move anywhere as they wish.
The Arwings act as platforms for the stage.
1676482929251.png
For the background, it would be inspired by Star Fox 64, but with graphics that resemble Star Fox Zero (I wanted the stage to look more "realistic" like in Smash Ultimate).
I feel Corneria should be a star fox stage in our game.

Soundtrack:
1. Corneria - Star Fox (SNES)
2. Eladard - Star Fox 2
3. Corneria - Star Fox 64
4. Title theme - Star Fox Adventures
5. Corneria - Star Fox Assault
6. Corneria map - Star Fox Command
7. Return to Corneria - Star Fox zero
8. Corneria/Meteo boss - Star Fox (SNES)

1: Trophies
2: Video Game Boxes
3: Spirits

Job #13: Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
(Note: I think the forum doesn't like when I send images from wiki pages, even if I think they're the cleanest and more relevant pictures to choose. Could this be rectified?)

Job #14: Duck Hunt
Duck Hunt Stage

Music for Duck Hunt:
Duck Hunt (Smash 4 Remix)
Duck Hunt (Ultimate Remix)

FazDude

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll resubmit Duck Hunt

Easily one of Nintendo’s most well known retro characters and he comes from one of the best selling NES games of all time so it makes sense to add him. Wether we make it a duo whose technically a trio like smash or do something else, we can decide. Might as well start the “god I hate the dog from duck hunt” discourse early.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:Captain Falcon (F-Zero)

Captain Falcon is the main character of F-Zero series, he is a famous unknown racer and a bounty hunter. Captain Falcon always is a smash fighter on all 5 Smash games, his moveset would be the same from the smash games.

Job 2: 75 Fighters
i know is too much,but i think it's good

job 3: the gameplay is same from smash games,but the Final Smashes are active by a bar on the HUD (similar from Smash Crusade),wavedashing melee-like,four special moves (neutral,side,up and down),four normal attacks (jab,side,up and down), five aerial attacks (neutral,forward,backward,up and down),four throw attacks (forward,backward,up and down) and pummel,three taunts (up,side and down),custom battle intros and 10 alt costumes.
I'll resubmit Captain Falcon

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Trophies
2. Cards
3. Spirits

Newcomer: I thought about Icies, but I’ll go with Isaac for this one.

I’ll go with Isaac from Golden Sun for this one as I find him to be fun to play in SSF2, but it helps that he is requested, and we don’t have a true GBA retro character yet.
The HD Hyrule Castle Remake in Project M 3.5
For the stage, I’ll go with a modernized Hyrule Castle like in P+

Songs:
LoZ Theme
Hidden Mountain and Forest
Ocarina of Time Medley
Hyrule Field Theme
Saria’s Song
Gerudo Valley
BoTW Theme
Hyrule Castle BoTW

AlRex

Smash Lord

I'll re-submit Sukapon, from Joy Mech Fight! Why? Well, this game was pretty much Nintendo's first earnest attempt at a traditional fighting game, so it only seems fair. Sukapon has an easy to grasp design and a ready-made basis for a moveset, while still having a unique physiology, room to expand, and stands out from the rest of the current roster.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1676511066337.png
1676511012689.png

Olimar and Pikmin
I feel like with Pikmin 4 around the corner, these guys will become more popular, so it's only natural that they become included. I feel like with modern sensibilities we can make a pretty good original moveset using all the Pikmin types and keep a theme of resource management.

1676511526846.png

Gyromite
Robot Franchise
I feel like we should have a nice retro throwback, if the chance that ROB won't be included as a fighter occurs maybe include one of his games
Gyromite. Gyromite is a tower-based stage with a minor element of random generation. There are ropes you can climb up and gremlins (the green, tiny robot guys) to avoid, as they can bite you. But the main gimmick are the red and blue pillars. The stage occasionally flickers like an 80s CRT signaling a giant ROB in the foreground to activate the Gyromite, causing one pillar color to rise and the other to fall. This occurs every 30 seconds, becoming faster and more sudden the farther you are into the fight, which, when combined with the gremlins and random generation becomes quite the chaotic stage. I also think having the graphics be glitchy and flickery would make the stage more unique and therefore memorable.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • We will be using my Mario alts, while Master Hero's DK alts will be used!
  • Stamina Mode and Masterpieces will be added!
  • Trophies will be our primary collectible!

Please vote for your top four fighters for a ranked vote; The top two will be added to the roster!
  • Mr. Game & Watch (FazDude)
  • Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Pit (Kid Icarus) (Master Hero Sock-on-Rye)
  • Duck Hunt (Champion of Hyrule)
  • King Hippo (Punch-Out!!) (Wario Wario Wario)
  • Captain Falcon (F-Zero) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun) (Pupp135)
  • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (AlRex)
  • Olimar (Pikmin) (Glubbfubb)
Likewise, please vote for your top three stages; The top three will make it in! (Due to there being two Hyrule Temples submitted, I've decided to combine them into one slot for now. If Hyrule Temple wins this vote, we will have a follow-up vote to decide the exact layout.)
  • Hyrule Temple (Legend of Zelda) (FazDude / Pupp135)
  • Corneria (Star Fox) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Duck Hunt (Master Hero Sock-on-Rye)
  • Living Room (Nintendogs) (Wario Wario Wario)
  • Gyromite (ROB) (Glubbfubb)
----
Job 14: Submit animations for Mario, Link, and/or Donkey Kong!
Please submit a stage entrance, four taunts, and/or four victory animations for any of these characters!

Job 15: Submit a moveset for Samus, Kirby, and/or Pikachu!
Please submit four special moves and a Final Smash for any of these characters!

Submissions and voting close tomorrow, which will also be a "rest day" to check up with you all on how the thread's doing so far.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter Votes
  1. Duck Hunt
  2. Captain Falcon
  3. G&W
  4. Sukapon
Stage Votes
  1. Hyrule Temple
  2. Corneria
  3. Duck Hunt
Mario Animations
  • Entrance Animation
    • Mario hops out of a Warp Pipe, exclaiming "Let's-a go!"
  • Taunts
    • Mario jumps upwards with his fist extended, letting out a cheery "Wahoo!"
    • Mario twirls before posing with his cap off his hat in his hand, then puts it back on.
    • Mario gives a hearty thumbs-up with a smile and wink.
    • Mario reenacts his death animation from the original Donkey Kong.
  • Victory Animations
    • Mario leaps onto a flagpole, sliding down it before jumping off and posing.
    • Mario spins in place before posing with a peace sign.
    • Mario snags a Power Star, Shine Sprite, or Power Moon (randomly chosen) out of the air before posing with it.
    • Mario excitedly triple jumps before landing with a pose.
Donkey Kong Animations
  • Entrance Animation
    • DK leaps onto the stage from off-screen, beating his chest and letting out his iconic howl.
  • Taunts
    • DK playfully beats his chest.
    • DK winds up his arm before giving the opponent a thumbs-up. Rarely, you can hear "Okay!" as he gives the thumbs-up.
    • DK sits down and eats a banana, grinning.
    • DK shrugs at the camera with a bewildered expression.
  • Victory Animations
    • DK beats his chest and howls in victory before posing.
    • DK shakes his hands over his head, referencing his victory animation from Donkey Kong Country.
    • DK plays a pair of bongos from Donkey Konga before posing with a thumbs-up.
    • DK swings in from an off-screen vine, landing with a pose.

Last edited:
1: Shulk (Xenoblade)
2: Pit (Kid Icarus)
3: Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
4: Olimar (Pikmin)

1: Hyrule Temple (Zelda)
2: Corneria (Star Fox)
3: Gyromite (ROB)

Job 14: Animations

Mario:
Stage Entrance: Mario jumps out of a Warp Pipe, and says "Let's-a go!"
Taunts:
-Mario gives a thumbs-up to the player.
-Mario spins his cap around like in "Super Mario Odyssey".
-Mario uses the Warp Pipe again to quickly warp out of the game, only to warp back in with a wrench in hand. This implies that he had to fix some local plumbing.
-Mario pulls a random Item out of his pocket, looks at it, and saves it for later.
Victory Animations:
-Mario jumps at the flagpole and waves the "peace out" sign.
-Mario grabs a Shine, a Star, or a Moon, and holds it in his hand.
-Peach kisses Mario on the nose for a fight well fought.
-Mario accidentally sprains his ankle, showing that even he is only human.

Job 15: Moveset

Kirby:
Neutral Special:
Star Rod: Kirby wields the Star Rod and shoots projectile stars at enemies.

Side Special:
Inhale: Kirby inhales his opponent and gains his or her neutral special in its place.

Up Special:
Float: Kirby repeatedly jumps to gain mobility onto the stage.

Down Special:
Sword: Kirby attacks his foe using the Sword ability.

Final Smash:
Robobot Armor: Kirby uses a barrage of missiles, bombs, and other explosives from his Robobot mech.

FazDude

Smash Master
Samus Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Power Beam / Charge Beam
    • Just tapping the special button has Samus shoot out a weak projectile, but holding the button allows her to charge up a shot just like her old Neutral Special. This charge can be stored just the same.
  • Side Special: Missile
    • Same as it's been since Melee.
  • Up Special: Shinespark
    • Samus propels herself straight upwards, gaining super armor and plowing through opponents in her path. However, she doesn't gain any horizontal recovery with this move, and will enter freefall afterwards.
    • As a side note, the Screw Attack becomes Samus' second jump, making it a bit better at the cost of dealing no damage.
  • Down Special: Bomb
    • The bomb has a new trick this time around - Holding the special button lets Samus delay her bomb placement for a few seconds while remaining in the Morph Ball, giving her the ability to roll around and perform a single, very short jump.
  • Final Smash: Hyper Beam
    • Same as her usual Final Smash, but themed more around Metroid Dread.
Kirby Moveset
This may be a bit of a controversial take, but I think Kirby's mostly fine as-is. The only thing I wanna do to his normals is give him a Slide Kick for his down tilt and move the hammer swing to his side smash.
  • Neutral Special: Inhale
    • Same as always, with one small addition; If Kirby stops inhaling without swallowing something, he shoots out a quick puff of air which acts as a weak windbox.
  • Side Special: Star Rod
    • Credit goes to Master Hero for this idea, but I decided to put my own twist on it. Kirby can only shoot one star at a time, but you can charge up the move to increase its range and power.
  • Up Special: Final Cutter
    • Same as it's always been.
  • Down Special: Stone
    • Same as it's always been.
  • Final Smash: Mike Kirby
    • Using the Mike ability, Kirby yells out to create a powerful soundwave around himself, dealing major damage and knockback upon contact.
Pikachu Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Thunder Jolt
    • Same as always.
  • Side Special: Iron Tail
    • Pikachu leaps forward while spinning as his tail becomes coated in metal. This move can reflect projectiles during the early frames, and serves as a strong hit for the remainder of it.
  • Up Special: Quick Attack
    • Same as always.
  • Down Special: Thunder
    • Same as always.
  • Final Smash: Catastropika
    • Same as the Volt Tackle, but resembles the Z-Move of the same name from Gen VII more closely.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Shulk
2. Isaac
3. Pit
4. Olimar

1. Corneria
2. Hyrule Temple/Castle
3. Living Room

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
Rest Day!
Now that we're one week into the thread, I wanna take a breather and hear what everyone thinks about the thread so far - Primarily, how it's being run. Do you like the pacing of jobs so far? Any jobs you'd like to see? Any other feedback? Like I did with All-Star Strife, I really want to hear how people want the thread to be handled, so please don't be shy!

We'll get back to regular jobs tomorrow, which is also when the current voting periods close.

I honestly like the way it's paced, and the amount of collaboration is great.

If it's at all possible, could we see a job or two for third-party fighters near the end? I know it's supposed to revolve around Nintendo characters, but maybe a non-Nintendo character would spice things up when it's almost all said and done.

Also, I'm not an RPG guy, so I'll abstain from doing Link's animations.

FazDude

Smash Master
I honestly like the way it's paced, and the amount of collaboration is great.

If it's at all possible, could we see a job or two for third-party fighters near the end? I know it's supposed to revolve around Nintendo characters, but maybe a non-Nintendo character would spice things up when it's almost all said and done.

Also, I'm not an RPG guy, so I'll abstain from doing Link's animations.
Third-party fighters will definitely get a job - possibly sooner than you think!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I am wondering if were doing boss battle jobs at a later date, I am also wondering if were reintroducing old models like Smash Run, otherwise I feel like we are on a good track currently

FazDude

Smash Master
I am wondering if were doing boss battle jobs at a later date, I am also wondering if were reintroducing old models like Smash Run, otherwise I feel like we are on a good track currently
Like I said earlier, we're gonna be doing more mode jobs later down the line, so there'll be another opportunity for Smash Run. As for bosses, they'll start getting jobs once some mode involving them gets in.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Like I said earlier, we're gonna be doing more mode jobs later down the line, so there'll be another opportunity for Smash Run. As for bosses, they'll start getting jobs once some mode involving them gets in.
I like that, hopefully the next job is a music job, cause I have some good choices for some stages, I am also waiting for the next new mode so I can post my smash run equivalent, you have a nice thread and may be a great spiritual successor to Smash Infinite

Top Bottom