• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1.Sakura
2.Nights
3.Nemissa

Job 29

Sponsorship: Guardian Units of Nations

Series: Sonic The hedgehog

Character: G.U.N. Commander

Description:

Once Called Upon G.U.N. Helicopters will appear as the commander leans out of one and speaks into a megaphone to "Capture the suspects" And G.U.N. Hunters and G.U.N. Beetles spawn that the players on your side can control, G.U.N. Beetles can allow the user to hover over the game to quickly get to the ball and G.U.N. Hunters can fire a blast that stuns opponents and hits the ball. While you are controlling G.U.N. Units G.U.N. Soldiers appear and try to corner the enemy team right before a Giant Truck breaks through the stadium and runs over the cornered team.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Votes:

1. Sir Pepper: Clockwork Knight is a wonderful little platformer that needs more love
2. Sakura Shinguji: Been getting into Sakura Wars lately, so Sakura will nab my second vote
3. Gradriel: The only character I've not heard of at all that's been submitted thus far. I love that. Third vote it is!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Job #29:

Stella.png

Sponsorship: Stella's Stellar Cellars

Series: Alex Kidd

Character: Stella

As the Alex Kidd fanboy, I also acknowledge that Alex Kidd's cast are unfortunately forgettable outside of Alex Kidd himself and arguably the Janken hand commanders that are Gooseka, Chokkina and Parpalin but more well known as Rock-Head, Scissors-Head and Paper-Head respectively. Heck, Egle has his own game and many people don't know about him at all.

Whilst Stella is far from the most obscure Alex Kidd character thanks to being Alex's player 2 in Lost Stars (arcade only), an inclusion in Sega Ages (pictured) and the only character from Alex Kidd world aside from the titular hero himself in the Archie massive crossover 'World's Unite', she's also...really not that important in all honesty outside of being an early female protagonist, not even appearing in the Master System version of Lost Stars at all.

She is however notable enough that I think she could pull this role off. But more importantly, I just enjoyed the name of the company.

Description:
It appears Stella made a deal with the wizard Daleda who sent her and Alex to face Ziggurat in the world between worlds.
Daleda will provide her with magical mini dimensional doors in which people could dump stuff. Is this cruel on the residents of Ziggurat's world? Maybe. But that's commerce baby! Also with how brutally hard the arcade version is no one can blame Stella for wanting to fill it with junk for all the deaths she and Alex inevitably had.

When the Sponsorship plays, several parts of the pitch will open like doors into the mystical brightly coloured world Alex Kidd and Stella explored in Lost Stars.

Any unlucky foe who happens to be walking over a door when it opens or falls down one afterwards will be removed from the pitch for the length of the advert or until the summoning team score a goal.
The doors will also remain on the pitch during this time, only disappearing after the advert runs out or a goal is scored.

1. NiGHTS
2. Tillis
3. Sakura

Sponsor:
DRALINFLORE DEADLY PACKAGE DELIVERY!

1647542785127.png

SERIES: Fantasy Zone

Character(s): Dralinflore

Description:
Dralinflore is one of Enemies from Fantasy Zone games and it's a base-like enemy that deploys units of random enemies that attack Opa-Opa.
Dralinflore is one of Iconic FZ enemies and it's a winged pink oval enemy with yellow teeth-like leaves underneath it, where it deploys enemies.
It appeared in Fantasy Zone games like the first one and even in Super Fantasy Zone as enemy, which it makes it as iconic enemy for Opa-Opa.

How it can work?
When summoned, it flies above the field and it drops FZ enemies on the football field (They would act like Drones)
The Enemies attack the opponents like tackling them or shooting at them to District them.
The enemies are:
  • Quili-Quilis
  • Moocolons
  • Goros
  • Floweyes
  • Thaya-Thayas
Occasionally, it can drop a special ball.

You can't defeat it, since it flies over the field.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Once again, it's time!

Let's take a look at the results of Job #28!
  • NiGHTS: 15
  • Tillis: 7
  • Sir Tongara de Pepperouchau III: 11
  • Gradiel De Valendia: 6
  • Sakura Shinguji: 12
  • Nemissa: 3
It appears NiGHTS is the Saturn player of the voters dreams! Congratulations to @Darkonedagger!

------------------

Job #29: Sponsors of already represented series:
  • Majima, Majima, Majiiiimaaaa Constructiooooon is here to guard your goal and give your headers some extra power boost! Submitted by the tuneful builder, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Tanaka's Amazing Commodities will amaze and dazzle you as your players are rewarded with top of the line gear doohickies and footwear gizmos that cannot be found anywhere else. Submitted by shoppaholic, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • Guardian Units of Nations are guarding the pitch with everything their best military minds can offer. Namely GUN units that can steal the ball, stun opponents and the terrifying GUN Truck that will invade the pitch and make roadkill out of your opponents. Submitted by military memorabilia museum mascot cashregister9 cashregister9
  • Stella's Stellar Cellars are offering an interdimensional cellar door to a world between worlds in which to store/dump your junk. Your junk of course includes your opponents. It's only fair. The denizens of Lost Stars are jerks and deserve garbage dropped on them. Submitted by morally questionable space litterer, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • DRALINFLORE DEADLY PACKAGE DELIVERY! is a company that delivers packages, a bit like Amazon. Only it's alien invaders instead of iPhones and everyone has a Prime subscription. Very occasionally Dralinflore may drop a special ball onto the field alongside the numerous enemies that invade the pitch meaning you may get a double goal with this one. Submitted by the full package himself, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Alright, please vote for your top 3, with your own one no higher than third! 24 hours remain on this task!

-----------------

I'm thinking about leaving moveset jobs for the weekend since theoretically people will have a bit more time without school/work(unless you work weekends)/college/uni in that period. We'll trial that on Saturday for Ristar!

-----------------

Job #30: Submit a Dreamcast player

Yes, unsurprisingly after the Saturn, we're getting a Dreamcast player job!

We could do a Dreamcast debuter, but I think we'll keep it broader since many people were a little disappointed Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter's cast members were inelligible for the Saturn job due to starting out as Arcade titles. So feel free to submit a SEGA character associated with the Dreamcast instead!

Characters unable to be chosen:
  • Space Channel 5's Ulala (she's already in)
  • Crazy Taxi's Gus (He's a sponsor)
Once more, 24 hours for this task! See you tomorrow sports fans!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Tanaka
2. Stella
3. Dralinflore

Job 30

Dreamcast (Sega Hard Girls)

This is a literal Dreamcast character.

Okay so this probably doesn't count so here is a more legit submission

Amigo (Samba de Amigo)

The Main character of Samba De Amigo a 1999 Arcade game that gained popularity with it's ports to Dreamcast and Wii. Samba de Amigo is a Rhythm game themed after maracas and Amigo is just a fun character all around

Monke play ball

D

Deleted member

1. Stella
2. Majima
3. Tanaka

Dogs Bower
From the action survival horror game Blue Stinger. A supply ship captain and the secondary playable character of the game. He is gruff and snarky, using backtalking the other main character, Eliot. Blue Stinger is an immensely interesting and pretty funny game with cult status. Also his name is Dogs. How good is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Majima Construction
2. Guardians United of Nations
3. Stella's Stellar Cellars

Job #30: Maken (Kay) (Maken X)
Kei.png

I am cursed to submit only anime girls.

So, I only really vaguely know of this game (it reminds me of King's Field and early SMT, so I don't think I would enjoy actually playing it), but this game seems cool and I wanna throw out the main character in it. Kay is the main heroine of Maken X, although she is possessed by that the sword she's holding, called Maken. Taking place in the not too distant future, our governments all recognize psychic precognition as a real thing, and an ideal thing to weaponize as the world is falling into chaos. So, the Kanazawa Research Institute makes a man-made demon sword called "Deus Ex Machina" or "Maken" for short, that possesses its users and tailors the weapon to whoever it is possessing.

Kay is the first possessed, and the "main" body that Maken possesses. While her stats are normal. She runs, jumps, and plays normally, with the help of Maken, there's a special ability that allows the Maken to possess one of the opposing teams' players for a limited time.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Tanaka's Amazing Commodities
2. Stella's Stellar Cellars
3. Majima Construction

---

Job 30: Amitie (Puyo Puyo Fever)

1647481204403.png

That's right, Puyo Puyo Fever was on the arcade and then released on Dreamcast! It's the last Dreamcast game made by Sonic Team AND the last first-party title for the console. It's also the only console version to use sprites instead of 3D models, apparently?! Who knew!

Anyway, Amitie is the Puyo Puyo series' second protagonist, a cheerful mage from Primp Town. She's just happy to be here and make friends and isn't above letting her hair down and allowing her bubbly personality to take center stage. That said, her elemental magic is nothing to sneeze at, with the ability to summon blizzards, fireballs, gusts of air, and even a barrier that can reflect shots! Ever since her introduction in Fever, Amitie has stuck around all the way until modern times, and I think she'd be great fun to see in this game and bring some brightness to the field.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #30: Tarou Sega (Segagaga)

1647496349527.png

A young man hailing from the distant, dystopian future of checks notes 2025. In order to stop their main competitor DOGMA from purchasing the remaining 3% of the video game market, SEGA does what every sensible company would do and hires two inexperienced teenagers with no qualifications, one of them being Tarou.

If you play the simulation RPG elements correctly, Taro reunites development teams and stops the infighting among the different factions to create the ultimate video game, both getting help from and knocking some sense into company's characters in the process. Keep in mind that this game doesn't actually have that much fighting. Instead, Tarou scolds, begs, and inspires the developers and other "encounters" to get them back to work.

Segagaga was something of a swansong for Dreamcast and considering how it acts as a company-wide crossover, I'd like to see Tarou reuniting with Opa-Opa, NİGHTS, Ristar, Sonic, and more in the level playing field of football, maybe trying to put the team in shape for the upcoming season derby. His super moves can take inspiration from the various games cameoed in Segagaga, as well as his starship that showed up towards the end.

1647496332112.png

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Votes:
  1. Majima
  2. Tanaka
  3. Stella
Job #30: Zodick the Hellhog

Zodick.png

This...affectionate? parody of Sonic the Hedgehog appeared in the Dreamcast survival horror game, Illbleed. He is the main antagonist of the Toyhunter section. He has the ability to spindash similar to Sonic, but lacks his super speed.

Okay, that's a joke submission.

Actual submission is:

Job #30: Vyse

Vyse.png

Vyse is the leader of the Blue Rogues and is a sky pirate with a heart of gold. Whilst he's the captain of his own pirate crew, there's a good chance he'll be just as at home being captain of the team as he's used to organising motley crews of wacky individuals into a singular squad.

You have just over three more hours to get your submissions and votes in!

1. Majima Construction
2. Stella
3. Dralinflore

Character submission:
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
1647542441168.png

Beat is a 17 year old Rudie living in Tokyo-to as a member and founder of the GG's. He is a playable character and overall protagonist in the Jet Set Radio series, as well as the games mascot. His series debuted on Dreamcast and he is one of iconic SEGA characters that SEGA fans could recognize him easily.
As no-brainer pick, he appeared in SEGA Crossover games, so he has a chance to appear in SEGA soccer game with any issues.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Stella's Stellar Cellars
  2. Majima, Majima, Majiiiimaaaa Constructiooooon
  3. Guardian Units of Nations

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
  1. Majima
  2. Tanaka
  3. Stella
Job #30: Elenor Camuel (Phantasy Star Online)

8B24F624-EFF9-4080-BE0D-494772FBF73B.jpeg

Created by the eccentric Newman inventor Dr. Jean Carlo Montague, Elenor is an android in the RAcaseal class. Although she’s loyal to her creator, she yearns to go out into the world and make friends outside of Dr. Montague’s lab. And what better way to make human/hedgehog/monkey/spaceship/star/whatever NiGHTS is friends than by joining a soccer team! I’m honestly surprised we haven’t gotten any PSO submissions yet given how it’s the biggest showcase of the Dreamcast’s online capabilities. PSO has a large pool of potential candidates, but I went with Elenor because she always struck me as one of the more iconic PSO1 characters, and because robots are cool. You could incorporate her ability to set traps and control MAGs (basically PSO’s Chao equivalent) in her special moves. I just think she’s neat!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whoops! Sorry for the later update than normal!

I'm genuinely late due to playing Sega Superstars Tennis. I apparently had never unlocked Alex Kidd which took a little longer than expected...and then I needed to play a few rounds with him of course!

ANYWAY! Let's look at yesterday's jobs results!

Job 29: Current represented series sponsorship:
  • Majima Construction: 17
  • Tanaka's Amazing Commodities: 11
  • Guardians Units of Nations: 3
  • Stella's Stellar Cellars: 15
  • Dralinflore Deadly Package DeliverY; 2
With that, our new sponsor is MAJIMA! MAJIMA! MAJIMMAAA CONSTRUCTIOOOOOON. Congratulations to Flyboy Flyboy

-------------------------

Job #30: Dreamcast Players

Sssh. I'm thinking. Okay, got it. These are the sign ups!
  • Ssssssnake? Snake. SNAAAAAAAKE! Yes, it's the Sega Swirl Snake, one of the very first online console crossplay titles. Will we get a snake in some boots? Posssssssibly. Submitted by his manager, the never rattled Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Ryo Hazuki is taking a rest from hunting down Lan Di (and Sailors) to practice his ball kicking skills. You never know when you'll need to save a child with a well timed soccer ball after all. Submitted by his manager and forklift instructor, airConditioner airConditioner
  • SAMBA DE AMIGO! Amigo is here to lay both a Samba beat down and lay a Samba beatdown on his opponents on the field. No more monkeying around, it's time to SAMBA! Submitted by his manager and an amigo to all, cashregister9 cashregister9
  • Who let the Dogs out? Why it was his manager and navigator, @Darkonedagger who has supplied us with a deeper cut than I was expecting from this job. Let's sea how it goes, shall we?
  • Maken is here to get possession of the ball the same way it gained possession of Kay's body. Prepare for a freaky two for one deal, submitted by her(they're?) manager and group councillor PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • Amitie is full of energy and ready to showcase her magic on the pitch! Whether her abilities will leave you ice cold like a blizzard or in a spin like a cyclone remains to be seen, but she's exploding into this round like...well, an explosion. Submitted by her manager and magic coach, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Sega Tarou is used to making games, and now he's going to be playing the beautiful game alongside some old familiar friends who fought alongside him against Dogma. Submitted by his manager and budget accountant, osby osby
  • Vyse is flying in to plunder the tournament trophies. He could easily steal them, but he likes to show off and the best way to do that is by actually competing. Submitted by his manager and cannoneer, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Beat is a Sega All-Star veteran at this point. Whilst I'm not sure how well his blades will work on the grassy field, you can guarantee his team badge is going to look amazing thanks to his graffiti skills. He's here to paint the stadium red, and probably some other colours too. Submitted by his manager and local pirate DJ, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Elenor Camuel is now online, and putting the Phantasy in Fantasy Football! She's had all her tuneups, has her MAGS at the ready and is ready to go out there and win as part of a team! Submitted by her manager and technical support officer OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
And that's our Dreamcast line up! As we have so many, please vote for your top 5, with your own no higher than third.

You have 24 hours to submit!

-----------------------

Job #31: Submit a Green character

You read correctly. It's St. Patricks Day where I am still and yes, I may have joined in on the celebrations but why should I have all the fun?

Submit a SEGA character who is primarily associated with the colour green! It can be anyone who is associated with green, but they must either wear, be or have some major connection to the colour green.

Characters disallowed for this role: Bug(already a referee), Chie (already a player)

You have 24 hours for this job! See you tomorrow sports fans!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Vyse
  2. Domesticated Canines (Plural)
  3. Snake
  4. Amigo
  5. Tarou

Character sub: Vector and Charmy

Pictured to scale.

No -Man here. If any Sonic character is to be added to your sports spin-off alongside the regular Sonic-Tails-Knuckles-Shadow-Eggman troop, shouldn't it be the fun-loving, loud-mouthed trash-talker? Plus, Charmy's along for the ride, connected by Ring Power - I have no clue if Charmy'd be used in the moveset, but it makes a nice callback to Knuckles' Chaotix either way.

D

Deleted member

Irish the Hedgehog

If it's Saint Patrick's day then we may aswell submit-

Kidding. I'll try and submit something tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Amitie
  2. Elenor Camuel
  3. Amigo
  4. Sega Tarou
  5. Ryo Hazuki
Job #31: Ebitan Type B-3 (The House of the Dead)

1647589066468.png

Created by the human genome experimentations of Dr. Curien, Ebitan is a humanoid creature that appeared in every game in the series. While his color is somewhat darker in some titles, his distinguishing trait (at least for his regular variation) is his green slime-covered body. Ebitan is something of a face for the creatures of THotD, even having a playable role under his belt in SEGA Heroes mobile game.

Probably how he'd look like in a sports game

I think having a random mook can be a fun way to add a recognizable face from this series, especially since how much individuality the creatures are given. Ebitan has more than a few distinct traits such as his love for swimming pools. For his special moves, he can use his goo spewing attack, sword, his brothers, and that one barrel he resides in a concept art:

1647589610120.png

1. Vyse
2. Ryo
3. Beat
4. Amigo
5. Sega Tarou

Green Character:
Resubmitting Vectorman!
Mega Drive Character submission:
Vectorman (Vectorman) (1995)

Who is Vectorman?
Vectorman is main titular protagonist of self-titled game series "Vectorman" developed by Bluesky Software and published by SEGA on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis in 1995. He is an Green Orbot that cleans up the whole dystopian futuristic Earth from toxic waste after people left it before the games' events.
One day, Raster was watching the whole Earth by PlanetCom cameras (The ccamers that allow to see whole Earth from Space station) and then, a lesser attached a Warhead to his head by accident and he became evil. His plan was executing all humans who dare to return on Earth after spending time in Space.
However, when Vectorman heard about the news where Warhead Raster tries to destroy the World, he went for adventure through Futuristic Earth to save the world from Raster's evil plans.

After he defeated Raster, he saved the world and later after the events of the game, he went for adventure again just to defeat the Evil Widow queen and deadly Spiders in Vectorman 2.

How he could work in Soccer game?
Despite he is a Robot made out of green balls, this doesn't stop him from joining the Roster, since he could have a lot of moveset potential for Soccer game. One of Examples he could use Nucleus shield as Goal-star move to defend himself and the Goal or even turn himself into Tank as Star Burst Move, making him invulnerable for 5.5 seconds.
His Stats could show that he could focus on shooting and defense.
He could have a lot of potential in Sega Soccer World Cup, since he could be one of Obscure Sega characters and his series could bring a lot of potential in the game like Terraport as Stadium or Raster as sponsor character.

Why Vectorman?
Well, because he could be amazing addition in the Roster, since he would be first Robot character to appear in the Roster. Besides that, Vectorman could have a lot of potential in the game, since there are wonderful ideas to choose from for Vectorman.
Also, he could be worthy candidate, because his game were popular and they had pseudo-3D graphics that looked like Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country (Fun fact: Vectorman was an answer to Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country on SNES).
And I not going to tell all the reasons why he should join the Roster, but I really like him and I would want to see him playing soccer despite he is made out of metallic balls.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Elenor
2. Amigo
3. Ryo
4. Amitie
5. Dogs

Job 31: MBV-09-C Apharmd (Virtual ON)

1647620014125.png
1647620030328.png

Apharmd is a unit from Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON, a SEGA arcade series that is an arena battler with cool mechs. Apharmd has dual swords and grenades as well as the ability to send shockwaves via those swords. He'll have to be shrunk down to play with the rest, but I'm sure they make scale model kits of them, right? I just think having a small Virtual-ON robot playing soccer would be fun.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Votes:

1. Amigo
2. Amitie
3. Sega Tarou
4. Ryo
5. Beat

Job #31: Popo (Mushiking)

Mushiking.jpg

Popo is the main 'humanoid' character from Mushiking. He's actually a fairy who befriends the beetles of the forest, when suddenly giant deadly bigger beetles arrive. Although this art is from a DVD box, Popo is a character in the arcade titles too.

Mushiking was insanely popular in Japanese arcades utilising a card based system and using a rock paper scissors style combat system in which moves were either strong or weak against others attacks depending on what attack was chosen at the time. Strangely it never came over here, although some may be familiar with Sega's similar (but less popular in Japan) series, Dinosaur King.

I imagine he'd be able to arm himself with a plethora of insects...probably mostly beetles, but we could get creative.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Vyse
2. Ryo
3. Amity
4. Beat
5. Elenor

Job #31: Gary "Buster" Holmes (Yakuza)
Gary Buster Holmes.png

Gary "Buster" Holmes is a wall of muscle that has been in the series since Yakuza 1. Inexplicably, this foreigner tends to show up in the most unlikely of places throughout the series, and he's just as good at fighting as he is bad at Japanese. He has been the champion of an underground fighting arena, a construction worker, a military instructor during a zombie apocalypse, and part of a Lyft/Uber-like service for hiring people to fight for you.

As a playable character, Gary's raw strength and defense would be top of the line, and he gets the spinning lariat with the mace gloves for special moves, and if he knocks into an opponent while he has the ball, the opponent will get a debuff of their stats for thirty seconds, so watch out for this guy.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
DAY OVER!

Let's take a look at our daily results!
Job #30: Dreamcast player
  • Ssssssnake: 3
  • Ryo Hazuki: 33
  • Amigo: 31
  • Dogs: 5
  • Maken: 0
  • Amitie: 22
  • Sega Tarou: 9
  • Vyse: 30
  • Beat: 28
  • Eleanor: 21
It was pretty close there. Speed Weed Speed Weed 's votes actually made for a four way tie briefly, but our Dreamcast player therefore will be Ryo Hazuki! Congratulations to airConditioner airConditioner

And now we move on the voting period for St. Patrick's Day special additions!

Job #31: Submit a green character!
  • Vector heard how much some footballers get paid, and as a result he immedietly grabbed Charmy and came rushing over. No clue where Espio is...but that's how he likes it. Submitted by his(they're) manager and Computer Room locator, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  • Ebitan is shifting it's way across the field to us as we speak. Presumably to sign up for our World Cup Championship! He's getting slime everywhere but at least it blends in with the green fields...Submitted by his manager and swimming coach, osby osby
  • Gilius Thunderhead is here to storm the pitch. As a warrior he knows there's no greater feeling than victory on the field of battle. This one just involves kicking some footballs too. Submitted by his manager and Chicken Leg stable boy, @Darkonedagger
  • Vectorman has arrived and I'll be honest, he was probably here originally to clear up the gunk Ebitan was leaving behind, but since he IS here, let's get the bot made of balls to perform some shots with balls! Submitted by his manager and environmental agency volunteer Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • MBV-09-C Apharmd has brought some serious military might to the field, armed to the absolute teeth with grenades and blades. I'm not entirely sure if they are tournament legal, but I'm sure as hell not going to be the one to tell him. Submitted by his manager and military engineer, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Popo is a forest fairy who is friend to bugs...however I doubt he'll get special treatment from the referee because of that. Popo is bringing his beetle buddies to swarm the field and bug out his opponents. Submitted by his manager and bug collector, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Gary "Buster" Holmes is a man of many skills (aside from mastery of the Japanese language) but he's now looking to improve his resume even further by busting out his skills on the pitch and busting some heads along the way too. Submitted by his manager and odd jobs PA PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
These newcomers are as green as they come, but I suppose that's the point of this particular job! Vote for your top 3, so the winner can watch it rain green for them too. 24 hours, your own can only be in third!

------------------------------

Job #32: Submit a moveset for our newcomers
Man, we have a lot of newcomers we need to give movesets to: Ristar, NiGHTS and now Ryo Hazuki. Submit a moveset for any one of them.

Because moveset tasks tend to be a little more involved, this job will continue for the whole week before they get benched.

You have until the 25th March 2022 for these movesets.

---------------------------

Job #33: Submit a new game mechanic
Currently I'm pretty happy with what we've worked out for the game's basic mechanics, but we can always add that little extra razzle dazzle!

Submit a new game mechanic with an explaination of how it works. This can be anything from a new special move(we'll go back and add them to our current players if so) to something zany that will shake the matches up even further! Really this is your chance to shape the beautiful game!

Alright, you have 24 hours on this one sports fans!

See you tomorrow for the results of our green player!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Ebitan (this is a fun way to rep HOTD)
2. Gilius
3. Vectorman

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Green lads voting:

1. Ebitan
2. Vectorman
3. Vector (and Charmy)

Job #33: New game mechanic: Team Bonds

Friendship. It's pretty great. Especially in a team based game like football. Nothing quite like knowing your buddy has your back. Nothing could be better.

...but what if you could weaponise it?

Introducing Team Bonds, a system that will form 'bonds' between players who pass the ball to one another, stick in close proximity to one another or set each other up for a spectacular goal.

Bonds will be indicated on the field by a special symbol representing the player; example a pink microphone next to Sonic's Superstar Meter will indicate that Sonic and Ulala have a Team Bond brewing.

When it starts glowing, both participants will get a temporary stat boost and be able to pull off a DOUBLE STAR special move, an unstoppable rampage move that will knock opponents out the way and set them up for a special goal shot which will count as two goals.

For example, Sonic and Tails performing a double star action together may have the duo combine into the Sonic and Tails Rolling Combo from Sonic 4: Episode II, a giant spindash of blue and orange that crushes everything between them and goal before performing a strike on the ball together towards the goal and the hapless goalkeeper.

As with all shots, a Goal-Star special move can be used to block a Double Star special.

------------------------------------

You have 4 hours to get your game mechanics and green votes in!

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Ebitan
2. Vectorman
3. Popo

New mechanics: Resubmitting fan clubs!
Job 8: Fan Club
If there's one thing about sports teams you can count on, it's their legions of diehard fans. There's an almost religious quality to supporting one's favorite Football clubs and soccer teams, and I think it'd be a shame not to bring that in somehow. After all, if my time in these threads have taught me anything it's that if there is one group more passionate than sports fans, it's SEGA fans.

So, let's make winning fans over mid-match a part of the game! I admit I haven't entirely thought the concept through, but perhaps there's some kind of "supporters" tally in with the rest of the on-screen stats, and hitting spectacular goals, doing tricky plays, and using your special moves and showing team synergy could win those fans over to your side. It's a bit of a game of tug of war since there's only a finite number of fans, where if you have more fans based on your performance you get pumped up and momentum is on your side. That said, the less-popular team would also get some underdog boosts as well and perhaps the ability to trick or sabotage the other team, because nobody likes a blowout or a team that's TOO dominant...

Perhaps it could even be shown via betting odds? Or people in the crowd wearing the team's colors? Lots to consider so any development of this vague idea would be fun. This would be separate of course from any popularity rankings or fans stats in any future management mode, this is just an in-match game-by-game mechanic for fun.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Bug-Whistle.png

Bug has blown the whistle which means it's time on today's match!

Job # 31: St. Patrick's Day Green Special!

Let's take a look at the final results!
  • Vector and Charmy: 2
  • Ebitan: 11
  • Gilius Thunderhead: 10
  • Vectorman: 9
  • Apharmd: 3
  • Popo: 3
  • Gary "Buster" Holmes: 4
With the final vote, Ebitan is our St. Patrick's day winner! Congratulations to osby osby on their successful candidate!

-----------------------

Job # 32 is still in play until Friday!
We need movesets for Ristar, NiGHTS and Ryo Hazuki to join the starting squad of 7. Only one will make it into the starting squad with Sonic, AiAi, Chie, Opa-Opa, Alex and Ulala, so get to your favourite!

------------------------------------

Job #33: New Game mechanics

We only got two submissions for this, so unless anyone has a particular problem with my corruption, I'll make the executive decision and put them both in. Congratulations to Flyboy Flyboy , we're getting the fan clubs AND Team Bonds. We'll come back to jobs for both of these later.

With that said, we're now a job short for today, so it looks like we'll have a more managable one job today rather than a job and a vote....

---------------------------------

Job #34: Create a mission for Challenge mode

Time to start adding some missions to our Challenge mode! We need a mission to unlock Tails (see below) at the very least, and some additional interesting mission ideas based around famous Sega properties.

For this job you can submit up to two mission ideas!

You have 24 hours for this initial set of mission challenges! We'll see you tomorrow Sega Sports fans!

Top Bottom