• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates - Project X Zone 3: Fractured Bloodlines (Current Job: Chapter 1)

The fate of Reiji and Xiaomu

• Cut them

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Keep them, but not as the main protagonists

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Keep them as the main protagonists

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright so HEAR ME OUT here:

Mixed Company Pair: Wonder Momo and Taro Yamada/Rent A Hero
Wonder_Momo.png

20220306_222608.jpg

Companies of origin: Namco (Momo), SEGA (Taro)
Series: Wonder Momo, Rent A Hero
Games they'd be based on: Taro is based on his appearance in the original Rent A Hero, meanwhile Momo shows up in her Namco X Capcom look
Reasoning: Basically, cool superhero. We could theoretically do a pairing of Momo and Bravoman, but I think it'd be fun if we went in a wilder direction - plus I really wanna sneak Rent A Hero in here somewhere. I think they'd be a fun pair!
Theme Tracks:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Quick question

What are the rules on Licensed franchises? like with SEGA having the exclusive game rights to Vocaloid or Bandai Namco having the exclusive licensing to Kamen Rider, Would they be eligible.

I assume they wouldn't be but I want to check.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Quick question

What are the rules on Licensed franchises? like with SEGA having the exclusive game rights to Vocaloid or Bandai Namco having the exclusive licensing to Kamen Rider, Would they be eligible.

I assume they wouldn't be but I want to check.
Unfortunately no. While I would like Miku in here I think it would be a bit too crazy for something like this. We could have them referenced in voicelines or something? But actually appearing would sadly be no

D

Deleted member

Chun-Li.png

Kof_xv_mai_render.png

Chun-Li and Mai Shiranui

Two famous fighting game women. They are often paired up in fan art and even in the SNK vs Capcom games. Plus Chun-Li's stern and collected nature and Mai's hot headedness and flirtious ways would lead to some really funny interactions.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #29: Yuri Sakazaki (Art of Fighting, SNK) and Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter, Capcom)

6728ABF9-ED3F-41D2-AE25-056044FBB656.jpeg
88DA4449-CCE1-4748-BBD5-33F0E43AFA31.jpeg

Okay, this pairing is gonna need some elaboration. Back in the 90s, Capcom and SNK were the two arcade fighting game titans. In 1992, SNK released Art of Fighting. The main protagonist of that game, Ryo Sakazaki, shared quite a few similarities to the shotos of Street Fighter, specifically Ryu and Ken. Capcom did not take kindly to this inspiration. That’s where Dan Hibiki comes in. Dan was a joke character introduced in Street Fighter Alpha made to parody the Art of Fighting cast. He takes a lot of moves from Ryo and Robert, takes elements of both of their designs, and he was purposefully designed to be as ****ty as possible. He’s an overconfident jackass who’s almost always one of the weakest characters on whichever roster he’s in.

If you think SNK was just gonna take this lying down, you’d be horribly wrong. They decided to fight back with the character of Yuri, Ryo’s younger sister who made the leap from damsel in distress to capable fighter. Ever since Street Fighter Alpha released, Yuri began taking more and more elements from just about every Street Fighter character. Moves, taunts, animations, nothing was safe from Yuri. Capcom and SNK have been going back and forth with parodying each other with Dan and Yuri ever since, with this back and forth still going strong to this day. Don’t believe me, hopefully this can convince you:

So yeah, Yuri and Dan would be a really fun combination that pays tribute to this silly little feud that’s been going on between Capcom and SNK for nearly 30 years. Also, just imagine the interactions between these two. Dan already lends himself well to comedic situations, imagine him and Yuri bickering about who ripped off who’s fighting style.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Marco Rossi and Chris Redfield

SNK's and Capcom's premiere Shooty Shooty Gun Boys.

While not having interacted in the past, Marco and Chris together would be a nice change of pace for chris and could lead to some fun interactions.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #29: Mixed Pair
E7F789F6-798A-4BB1-A941-06C24A47C89C.jpeg

Name: Bayonetta
(partner for Dante)
  • Origin: Bayonetta (2009)
  • What game they're based on: Bayonetta 2 (2014)
  • Company: SEGA
  • Reason: Honestly, I’m surprised nobody suggested this sooner, considering it’s the team-up Kamiya himself regrets turning down.
  • Music:

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Mixed Pair
288844-captain_commando.jpg
NxCBravoman.jpg

Name: Captain Commando & Bravoman

Company: Capcom & Namco

Reason: These two characters are based within the classic eras of Capcom and Namco in which one uses the power of the energetic gloves that shoots out electricity and fire whilst the other who was an ordinary salesman who was granted a super power suit that is capable of stretching his limbs. I do feel that the two will feel like two superheroes teaming up together.

Music:

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Yay it's nice having everything on one page :D here's the voting!
You know the drill: top 3 and your own may be in second or third. Keep in mind that whichever pair wins, their companies may not be paired up again in the future. Aaand I will update the front page eventually when I get around to it

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Alright I'm going to call it NOW!
Dante & Bayonetta19
Pit & Valkyrie15
Yuri & Dan15
Momo & Taro11
Chun-Li & Mai5
Marco & Chris0
Bravoman & Captain0

Kamiya's regrets, the gunslinging pair of Dante & Bayonetta, makes it into Fractured Bloodlines as the first mixed company pair!! Their moveset will be open for submissions. Please keep in mind Bayonetta will be based on her Bayonetta 2 incarnation :D This also means that for the next mixed pair submission, the combination of Capcom and Sega will be ineligible. Goodbye, Strider and Hotsuma, I hardly knew ye.

Job 28 30: Prologue Chapters 1-5
So... let's get started on the story's specific details with our prologue levels! These will serve as some exposition and the introduction for several of our characters. We may have an imbalance of pairs and solos but who cares we can fix that later. Right now let's just figure out how we can incorporate our characters into the story. For a better look into how the prologues work in these games, check out the PXZ wiki pages for the prologues of PXZ1 and PXZ2. Uhhh yeah! Here's our current unit list if you need it. I don't think this will be a specific voting job, more of a collaborative effort that we can all put our ideas into.

Here's our story pitch for reference:
I was thinking a story that would inevitably tie back to our hypothetical protagonists.

Like our two protagonists are siblings descended from an Ex-Ouma europe member and have to defeat the organization their mother was a part of before they can cause their usual brand of chaos around the globe.
I'm not good at filling out the rest of the details. I just know that PXZ2 leaves the plot detail of "Ouma-Europe" in such a way that it feels like a sequel hook of sorts.
  • Pair
    • Javier Cielo & Valeria Cielo (Project X Zone)
    • Reiji Arisu & Xiaomu (Namco × Capcom)
    • Shion Uzuki & KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
    • Vyse & Aika (Skies of Arcadia)
    • Sakura Shinguji & Sakura Amamiya (Sakura Wars)
    • Akira Yuki & Aoi Umenokoji (Virtua Fighter)
    • Ryu & Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
    • Mega Man & Harpnote (Mega Man Star Force)
    • Terry Bogard & Rock Howard (Fatal Fury)
    • Dante & Bayonetta (Devil May Cry / Bayonetta)
  • Solo
    • Gil (Babylonian Castle Saga)
    • Ulala (Space Channel 5)
    • Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier)
  • Rival
    • Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)
      • Albedo (Xenosaga)
      • Coco★Tapioca (Space Channel 5)
      • Yasha (Sakura Wars)
      • F.A.N.G. (Street Fighter)
      • Ryuji Yamazaki (Fatal Fury)
      • Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia)
      • B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)
We don't have to use all of these characters, but let's see what we can do with them. You could also have some of the Rival characters show up, whether it be in a fightable form or not. But yeah have fun I guess I'm going to work on the timeline some more since we've reached the end LOL.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Vyse and Aika are off on an adventure, they open a chest and when they do monsters they dont recognize come out of nowhere to attack them.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
  • P1: Javier & Valeria are discovered by Ouma-EU but not before finding some clues that could lead to their mother; they also bump into Reiji & Xiaomu
  • P2: Sakura A saves Sakura S, who gets knocked out during a fight with demons who catch up to them
  • P3: Dante & Bayonetta fight a mix of demons and angels at Mallet Island, only to run into B.B. Hood
  • P4: F.A.N.G. and Ryuji interrupt a tag team battle between Terry, Rock, Ryu and Ken, and Geese Howard makes his presence known during the match
  • P5: The Shinra party wind up somewhere else in Spain, and then the party so far is magically teleported to where they are

airConditioner

Smash Ace
OK so we got a few story beats down. We can continue to expand this as the roster and locations expand. I'm fresh out of ideas but here's something that's really weird and consistent throughout all the Project X Zone games:

Job 31: Submit a Female Capcom Fighting Game Character who is the Sole Representative of their Series
Wow what a title. Anyways, there's a lot of weird parallels between the two rosters and this is one of the two female fighting game character related ones I noticed. So in PXZ1 we had Devilotte as the sole representative of Cyberbots, and then in PXZ2 we had June as the sole representative of Star Gladiator. This time, let's do it again. Submit a female character, who is a solo unit, who will be the ONLY playable representative from their game, which must be a fighting game series. Luckily, Capcom got a ton of awesome fighting game series under their belt so we will have a lot of characters to pull from. Again, they will be the ONLY representative from their game so Street Fighter and Darkstalkers are currently ineligible, and whatever series wins won't be able to join the roster anymore. Guys I swear this is a normal job I'm really just out of ideas right now I will try to update the timeline once I get some sauce.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 31: Female Capcom Fighting Game Character
Ruby Heart - Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Yeah Ruby Heart sure is a Female Capcom Fighting Game Character who could be the sole representative of their series. This gal is from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and never really appeared in another game since. It's been rumored she was a planned Darkstalkers character who was retooled for MvC2 but there's basically no real proof for this theory, but it's very fun to think about!

I think she's cool, she's a French-speaking pirate captain with a prominent reputation across all seven seas. Her flying ship is known as the "Partenaire", and she has a thing for rare and magical collectibles. Her moveset is pretty interesting and serves enough material. From her "Schwarzaile" where she summons an electric ball to "Tour de Magie" where she throws blades at the opponent while they're stuck in a barrel! There's tons of cool pirate stuff and hey, every crossover game needs their token pirate. She could also reference and slightly hint to Marvel superheroes, but hey, let's not break copyright grounds shall we.

Also MvC2 music be banging!! She'll definitely get the Airship Stage Theme as her own considering that's her.... Airship. We could also add an extra one, personal fav goes to Swamp Stage.

--

ruby-heart-mvc2-victory.gif

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job #31: Tessa from Red Earth
Tessa1.png

Name: Tessa
Company: Capcom
Series: Red Earth
Debut (and game she will be based on!): Red Earth (1996)
Reasoning: she is very cool :) Also generally just an iconic Capcom character, most well-known of her OG game's quartet and I don't think anyone's exactly clamoring for a Red Earth pair unit
Theme: Those Who Show The Way

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #31: Solo Female
AA2CCBD7-AD4B-4987-8922-020CF6789155.jpeg
  • Name: Akira Kazama
  • Origin: Rival Schools: United by Fate (1997)
  • What game they're based on: Project Justice (2000)
  • Company: Capcom
  • Reason: Since the Rival Schools characters have kind of zig-zagged between the series (or at least, NxC and PxZ 1), I think it would make sense for this game to have another different Rival Schools character (who also appears in SFV).
  • Music: At the Riverbed

Top Bottom