• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates - Project X Zone 3: Fractured Bloodlines (Current Job: Chapter 1)

The fate of Reiji and Xiaomu

• Cut them

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Keep them, but not as the main protagonists

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Keep them as the main protagonists

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Jobs 7 & 8 Results:

Major Gameplay Change

Attack Typing: 6
Charged Attacks: 1

Extra Mode
Fighting: 10
PvP: 15
Minigame: 14

Soooo we'll be going with Attack Typings and a PvP mode... which leads us into:

Job 10
We were originally going to be doing movesets, but we need to figure out what attack types there will be now. So, please submit a proposal for how many attack types there are and what they will be effective against! Please keep in mind what characters we have and may add in the future to make types that would be distributed well amongst the cast.

Our next job will be to give Reiji & Xiaomu, as well as the winners of Job 9 movesets. It will happen after Job 9 and 10 concludes voting.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1644712414596.png
Based on the poll responses, everyone seems down with bumping up the character count. There were wildly different numbers, the highest being going up to 88. After doing some math I've decided that we will bump the number to 76. This will give us room for 8 pairs and 8 solos per full company, and then 6 units for Nintendo and 6 mixed pairs. In comparison, the previous cap gave us 15 units per full company while this one gives us 16 units per full company. So every company gets 1 extra unit, and there is extra wiggle room for Nintendo and the mixed units, which I'm not sure where to count but I believe it would be easiest for the thread later on if they were their own separate entities. Maybe this is a little too ambitious, but it's a nice number. We will have our story outline job in the next week or so, so hopefully we are able to incorporate every character in the plot in some way.

EDIT: Miscounted - here's the new count:
8 pairs per company, 2 pairs for Nintendo, 6 Mixed pairs
9 solos per company, 4 solos for Nintendo
Total: 80 units

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 9 Results

Phoenix & Maya14
Akira & Jacky8
Akira & Kage-Maru20
Sakura S & Sakura A24
Morrigan & Lilith17
Shion & KOS-MOS26
Ryu & Ken25
Dante & Nero15
Akira & Bahn0
Morrigan & Hsien-Ko1

Though a close match, it's decided - the first two pair units are Shion & KOS-MOS and Ryu & Ken! Thanks for voting! This will be the first of many rounds of a similar nature, so we'll still have opportunities to give our partnerless characters a partner (or keep them as solo). We'll be continuing submissions for attack typings for a little while longer and then we will be going into moveset submissions for the first three pairs. This will include attacks, music, and skills, as well as dialogue between the pair. We'll start dialogue between different units when we have more of them.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Well, since osby osby 's attack types are our only submissions, we'll be going with them.

Jobs 11-13: Movesets for Reiji & Xiaomu, Shion & KOS-MOS, and Ken & Ryu
This job will be open indefinitely, because there's a lot to do.

So if you aren't familiar with Project X Zone's gameplay, here's a quick rundown. The player has two bars, the SP bar and the XP bar. The SP bar is used for skills and countering, while the XP bar is used for special attacks and full countering. As units move throughout the map, they will be able to attack enemies freely, though they can only make one interaction with them in a given turn. They are also able to use skills so long as they have the amount of SP required.

In an attack, a pair unit has access to several moves. Each one is allotted to a different directional input. You can only make 3 inputs per unit, per turn. Whichever inputs go unused have increased power, XP recovery rate, and crit potential. Additionally, when the player reaches 100 (of 150 max) XP, they will gain access to a special move, which is a flashy move with a little animated cut-in. There are also multi moves that are inaccessible from the main battle menu, and must be used on the field by selecting a group of enemies to perform the attack on. These also cost 100 XP to use. Finally, there are support moves that allow the pair unit to be called into another pair's attack similar to a solo unit provided they are standing close enough to another pair unit. For example, here are Ryu & Ken's from Project X Zone 2.
InputAttack
None​
Collarbone Kick & Inazuma Kick​
Left​
Shoryuken & Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku​
Right​
Jodan Sokuto Geri & Ryusen Kyaku​
Up​
Shinku Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku & Fwd. Step Kick​
Down​
Metsu Shoryuken & Shoryu Reppa​
Special​
Metsu Hadoken & Guren Senpu Kyaku​
Multi​
Double Hadoken​
Support​
Metsu Shoryuken & Shoryuken (Strong)​
Each of these attacks may or may not also come with an effect attached. For instance, some attacks may stun the opponent, causing them to be unable to move. With our addition of attack typings, each move should also have a type attached to them. Aaaaand here are our effects and typings.
Effect / TypingDescription
Poison (Effect)​
Unit takes 20% of max HP damage at the end of turn. Goes away after 3 rounds, or with a skill or item.
Stun (Effect)​
Unit cannot make any actions. Removed after 3 rounds or through skill or item.
Down (Effect)​
Unit cannot counter. Removed after effect takes action.
Bind (Effect)​
Unit cannot use skills or multi-attacks. Removed after 3 rounds.
Physical (Effect)​
Punches, kicks, headbutts, etc.
Sword (Effect)​
Any sort of bladed weapon attack.
Gun (Effect)​
Guns that fire regular ammunition.
Energy (Effect)​
Lasers, eye beams, beams that come from sword slashes
Arcane (Effect)​
Anything with supernatural sources
Finally, skills are field abilities that can be used to heal and grant stat boosts. Each skill has a specific target: some can only be used on the pair unit they come from, some can be used on anyone, and some can be used on all units at once. There are also passive skills that can be unlocked. They usually are similar to regular skills except you don't need to activate them, but they must be equipped with a limit of 2 passives per unit. For a list of skills see here.

So, what's included in this job?
Basically, a moveset for a pair unit will be consisted of the essential 8 attacks: 5 normals, a super, a multi-attack, and a support attack, as well as 4 skills. Passive skills are optional, but it would be nice. Since there's so much and not everyone may be down or familiar with characters we have now or later on, this job will be open indefinitely, as for the rest of the movesets later on. We'll also be appending character themes to this job. These themes play whenever a character is selected on the map and when they are in combat. Previously, it was random which of the three characters in your unit's group would play, but with the ability to swap which character is displayed on the map, you can also pick which theme plays. Some characters also either share themes or have more than one. Fiora, for example, has both You Will Know Our Names and Engage the Enemy. Please don't submit more than two theme per character (not unit). So... in short:

Moveset jobs will include:
  • Normal attacks
    • No input​
    • Left input​
    • Right input​
    • Up input​
    • Down input​
    • Please include if they have an effect and their typing while making the move thanks!​
  • Super attacks (cost 100 XP)
    • Super (accessed in battle screen)
    • Multi-attack (used on the map)
  • Support attacks
    • Available in another pair unit's battle screen provided they are close enough to each other
  • Skills
    • 4 per pair unit
  • Themes
    • No more than two themes per character (not unit, so a unit may have 4 maximum)
    • Plays whenever they are selected on the map or during battle
Job 14 & 15: Submit a solo unit from SNK, and submit a pair unit from SNK.

Wow, that sure was long! Anyways we don't have any SNK characters yet, so let's fix that. Submit a pair from any SNK property and a solo unit from any SNK property. The solo who wins will not be able to be paired off later on, so pick wisely! And unfortunately, characters whose IPs are no longer owned by SNK aren't allowed. This includes Rage of the Dragons and Sky Love.

Aaaaaand as always please include:
  • Their name
  • Their origin
  • What game they're based on specifically, if any (can be based on gameplay or appearance)
    • Please make sure to include this or else I'll assume they will be based on their debut or newest appearance based on what looks nicer, or their previous PXZ appearances.
  • What company they represent (it better be SNK)
  • Whatever reason they fit into the prompt
Ok bye!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I don't have the time right now to come up with attacks, so let's skip to Jobs #14 & #15:

Job #14: Terry Bogard (Solo Unit)

800px-Terry_SSBU.png

• Name: Terry Bogard
  • Origin: FATAL FURY: King of Fighters (1991)
  • What game they're based on: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018), at least in appearance
  • Company: SNK
  • Reason: He's one of SNK's most recognizable characters and so I figured he could stand on his own as a Solo Unit
  • Music: Kuri Kinton Flavor - KOF XIV
Job #15: Kyo & Iori (Pair Unit)
character_kyo.png Kof_xv_iori_render.png
  • Name: Kyo Kusanagi & Iori Yagami
  • Origin:
    • Kyo: King of Fighters '94 (1994)
    • Iori: King of Fighters '95 (1995)
  • What game they're based on: King of Fighters XV (2022)
  • Reason: Although they're both rivals, they have been forced into teeth-clenched teamwork on a few occasions. As two of the faces of the KOF series, they make sense to form into a Pair Unit.
  • Music:

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pair Unit:
Marco and Fio, Metal Slug series

The two memorable player characters from the franchise, because i can never rememberthe names of the other two even though ive been playing this series for years lol
Two soldiers who are constantly fighting terrorist organizations, zombies and the occasional alien invasion, packing knives, pistols and heavy machineguns and any other weapons they pick up off the ground in the warzones they find themselves in.

Metal Slug is the first game series i think of when the name SNK comes up.

And here's the battle music:

Solo unit:

Athena Asamiya, Psycho Soldier series

With this as her music:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #14: New Solo Unit - Nakoruru
  • Name: Nakoruru
  • Origin: Samurai Shodown (1993)
  • What Game She's Based On: Samurai Shodown (2019)
  • Reason: Much like a fellow mascot Terry Bogard, Nakoruru is one of SNK's most iconic and recognizable characters, she appeared in many other games such as The King of Fighters XIV, the Capcom vs. SNK series and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a Mii costume. Besides, I can already see someone else coming up with Haohmaru, anyway.
  • Battle Music: Banquet of Nature - Samurai Shodown (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)

Job #15: New Pair Unit - Roddy & Cathy
  • Name: Roddy & Cathy
  • Origin/What Game They're Based On: Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy (1994)
  • Reason: While it is lesser-known and doesn't have a sequel unlike other SNK franchises, this game is a underrated gem and was sort of a precursor to Metal Slug, complete with unique side-scrolling platforming (which include Fatal Fury's plane system and command input moves), robotic vehicles (similar to Slugs) and a development team consisted of former Irem staff members. Besides, I love obscure games and this one even has Mega Man-styled designs, too! They also have made cameo appearances in The King of Fighters (Mexico in '94 and China in '97 & 2002: Unlimited Match) and Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum (Last Resort and Cool Cool Town stages).
  • How They Can Fight: As a space bounty hunter duo, Roddy and Cathy are able to attack enemies by extending their limbs in a mecha-like fashion (as Roddy is a half-alien/human hybrid and Cathy uses her suit's transformer mechanism) to punch or grab them, use weapons like energy handguns and blasters, throw random objects and hijack large bipedal exosuit-walkers from them in their home game. They can also perform a variety of special moves (original names and easier command input images) similar to those from SNK's pre-KOF era fighting games.
  • Battle Music: I Like the Forest (Forest World) - Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy

Last edited:
SNK Pair unit submission:
Terry Bogard and Andy Bogard (Fatal Fury)
1644781902609.png
1644781916012.png

Terry Bogard and Andy Bogard
are characters from Fatal Fury games and they also appeared in King of Fighters fighting games.
Terry Bogard is a martial artist, who grew up in South City along with his young brother, Andy.
Andy is also a martial artist and Terry'snyounger brother.

Solo Unit Submission:
Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury)

Mai Shiranui is one of character from Fatal Fury and she is Andy's fiancé. She is known for having exposed outfit and she is one of Most popular female characters from fighting games.

Group: SNK.
Question:
"Is Mai allowed to be in the Game?"

airConditioner

Smash Ace
SNK Pair unit submission:
Terry Bogard and Andy Bogard (Fatal Fury)
View attachment 345063View attachment 345064

Terry Bogard and Andy Bogard
are characters from Fatal Fury games and they also appeared in King of Fighters fighting games.
Terry Bogard is a martial artist, who grew up in South City along with his young brother, Andy.
Andy is also a martial artist and Terry'snyounger brother.

Solo Unit Submission:
Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury)

Mai Shiranui is one of character from Fatal Fury and she is Andy's fiancé. She is known for having exposed outfit and she is one of Most popular female characters from fighting games.

Group: SNK.
Question:
"Is Mai allowed to be in the Game?"
Yes Mai is allowed LOL

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I’ll hopefully add a solo SNK unit later, but for now, may I present you with my pair unit submission:

Pair Unit: Terry Bogard and Rock Howard (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)

43664386-49BC-42A7-9A70-62DCC9A9D8D1.jpeg

Not to keep submitting pairs with familial ties, but I can’t help myself. I’m sure most of us know who Terry Bogard is. He’s the mascot of SNK, star of the Fatal Fury series, and that one guy who got into Smash. What you’re probably more curious about is the kid that’s tagging along with him. That’s none other than Rock Howard, Terry’s adoptive son and the protagonist of 1999’s Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Rock is the biological son of Fatal Fury’s main antagonist Geese Howard. After the events of Real Bout: Fatal Fury leave Geese dead for real this time, Terry decides to take Rock under his wings and train him to become a strong fighter.

I’ll be real, the main reason I decided to go with Terry and Rock as a team is that I think they’re neat. While one could argue that Terry should appear in his more recognizable Fatal Fury/KOF getup, I love Terry’s Garou design way too much and the opportunity to pair him off with Rock would be way too good to pass up. Speaking of, Rock is also a fan-favorite SNK character who’s bound to show up in this joint sooner or later, and I can’t think of many better characters to pair him with than his own adoptive father.

Battle Music: Spread the Wings (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I forgot to mention this but we don't need to submit the full moveset at once, and we can hold off on the themes until we actually do the movesets that's not a big deal TBH. Though preferably each pair gets two songs, since most characters have at least one.

That being said:

Shion & KOS-MOS's Support Attack: Lunar Blade

I don't see any reason to change this one, it's the same every game for KOS-MOS and whomever she is paired with. It's probably even better that it stays, since this is originally Shion's attack after all. Works the same as always, Shion jumps in, makes a powerful slash, KOS-MOS jumps in does the same, then the two slash both ways, all the while reciting a poem. The attack type is Sword.

Shion & KOS-MOS's Super Attack: D-TENERITAS to X-CANNON

The attack starts with KOS-MOS readying her phase transfer cannon and firing it. This causes the enemy to be trapped in a sphere of blue energy, as the cut-in shows Shion and KOS-MOS getting into their E.S. craft, E.S. Dinah together. The Dinah then fires a massive blast of energy, causing the sphere to explode violently. This attack is categorized under the "Energy" typing.

Shion & KOS-MOS's Multi Attack: Rain Blade & Twin Buster

Originally pulled from Xenosaga Episode II and Namco × Capcom, it works basically the same way. First, an assortment of markings appear on the ground around the enemy. Shots of energy rain from the sky onto these marks, trapping the enemy into them. While this happens, KOS-MOS bends over and Shion fires a blast of energy into the android's back. KOS-MOS then fires off a powered up X-BUSTER into the mass of enemies. It has the "Energy" typing.

Skill 1: Boost (Cost 70 SP), Target: Self

Same as in Project X Zone 2. It's based on a mechanic that allows the player to skip ahead in turns in battle, and as such, it grants increased movement range.

Skill 2: Best Ally (Cost 70 SP), Target: Ally

Allows for any ally to survive an attack that would KO them. Comes from an ether skill that does the same thing in Episode II.

KOS-MOS would retain her theme from PXZ2, she's coming back.
Shion would have the battle theme from Episode I (which served as the theme for the three XS characters in NxC), and if certain conditions are met (read: i don't know), it will switch to we've got to believe in something from Episode III.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pair:

• Name: K' & Kula Diamond
  • Origin:
    • K': The King of Fighters '99 (1999)
    • Kula: The King of Fighters 2000 (2000)
K' is a man who lost all his memories when he was kidnapped by a child by the NESTS syndicate, who injected him with the DNA of Kyo Kusanagi.

Kula is a young girl who was experimented on by NESTS in order to eliminate K'. She would end up joining with him to rebel against them.

Solo:

Ash-kofXIII.png

• Name: Ash Crimson
  • Origin: The King of Fighters 2003 (2003)
A mysterious figure. Ash has connections to the figures known as Those from the Past. Ash seeks power, but he is not evil.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #14: Solo Unit - Kisarah Westfield

kisarah westfield.png

I first wanted to put Gai Tendo here, but after reconsidering I might just wait it off to see if there's enough space for a Buriki One pair instead of a single solo unit to rep the game, as I find the game an important enough footnote in SNK's history. Now with that little preface out of the way, you know an SNK game (formerly owned by Alpha Denshi) that'd be neat to rep, but isn't really all that important or notable to warrant 2 whole characters, all this while adding a fan favorite character in the process? Yep, I'm submitting Kisarah Westfield from Aggressors of Dark Kombat as a solo unit.

Now who's this average high school girl you may ask? Well, she's a british girl who's been studying in japan as an exchange student. Rapidly became the class idol due to her looks, being admired by boys and girls alike. Although she herself has a crush already, none other than Aggressors of Dark Kombat's protagonist, Joe Kusanagi (you read that name right). She's been trying to make Joe notice her ever since he made a childhood vow to make Kisarah his girlfriend. Eventually, the lack of attention Joe's been giving Kisarah became so bad that she had to pursue him by entering the tournament in Aggressors of Dark Kombat, and luckily, in her ending, her wish got granted and they both officially became a couple.

Yeah... that's pretty much her entire personality. Girl is just enamored by this one japanese delinquent. Hell, you should see her super, she's really all about that.

Now why did I choose her specifically instead of any other character from the same game? Well, simply enough, she's the only character that gets used in the modern age when it comes to repping Aggressors of Dark Kombat. Who was the character from that game that got used in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum? Well it was none other than Kisarah. She's the only character from the game that has also cameo'd in a KOF game. I like to believe it's just because she's the most interesting and fun character from the game, I mean, she literally KISSES in front of the opponent for her super, all the while her opponent gets heartbroken, if that isn't genius move design then I don't know what is. There really isn't much to write home about when it comes to other characters from Aggressors of Dark Kombat, and Kisarah has became a fan favorite due to her appearance in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

When it comes to other moves she has her famous Hip Bazooka, Cheerleader Kick, Cutey Rainbow and Splash Air Dance. She's gotten way more moves in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum as well, so I'm confident we'll be able to fill in all moveslots for her alone. Also, I can already imagine the dialogue when she gets teamed up with a pair that includes Kyo, or any character named Joe tbh. She's pretty much a normal high schooler too, and it'd be funny to set her within a world where everyone has supernatural (and sometimes, godlike) powers.

In Project X Zone 3, her appearance would mostly be based on her updated Neo Geo Battle Coliseum appearance. Aggressors of Dark Kombat was priorly made by Alpha Denshi, a company that primarily made games for the Neo Geo back in the day, as they were considered a 2nd party studio for them. But with their bankruptcy, SNK purchased all of their game properties. So Kisarah Westfield is pretty much an SNK character. Her theme would remix her main battle theme, "Enlightenment".

Also, Happy Valentine's, I guess?
kisa-super2.gif

Job #15: Pair Unit - Kaede & Moriya

kaede.png
moriya.png

Both Kaede and Moriya Minakata hail from the Last Blade series. Both originated from the first entry, Kaede is the main protagonist while Moriya is his most trustworthy friend and arguably a fellow protagonist. They both trained under the same tutor, Gaisei, and became great swordsmen under his tutelage along with Yuki. Though unfortunately, one day their master got slain by the hands of an unknown evil, and Moriya was temporarily blamed for his death, as he was the one who discovered his master's body and through great misunderstandings was he seen by Kaede. Logically, Kaede misunderstood that he was the murderer of their master, who was practically their adoptive father. And like this, Kaede resolved to slay Moriya under the belief that he slew Gaisei. Without a word, Moriya set out on the run. Not only did Moriya wish to avoid this confrontation, but he also sought the real killer in order to clear his name. Although Kaede himself eventually discovered that the real killer of his master was one of the four guardians of hell, Shinnosuke Kagami. After the confrontation with Kagami, their broken brotherhood quickly started to heal, and they became like brothers again.

Now my reasoning for them is straightforward, The Last Blade is a phenomenal series that despite only seeing 2 mainline entries, were primary developments in SNK's history. Kaede is the protagonist so of course we'll get him included but as for Moriya? Yeah sure he's Kaede's best friend, but I'm gonna be honest and straight on this subject, I just really like him and that was the primary reason why I chose him over other contenders. There are so many options for a second TLB character, which among those is Yuki, another very strong contender and main protagonist like Moriya and Kaede. Although I feel like the relationship between Yuki and Kaede doesn't really bounce well off each other, unlike Moriya and Kaede. And hey, Moriya was the one that got in as Kaede's partner in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (god, we're gonna use that game a lot as an example, huh) so I think it very much fits.

In terms of moveset? There are a lot of fundamental moves to pick from, so we don't have to worry much about this aspect. Just know that Kaede primarily uses lightning in his moves, while Moriya is a speed monster whose attacks leave the symbol of the crescent moon behind. Oh yeah, nearly forgot to mention, the blonde Kaede you often see is his Awakened state, when he's not fighting he actually has blue hair, like this! Of course something like this would get referenced or showed in a Project x Zone 3.

As normal, their appearance would be based on their designs from The Last Blade series. Both of their themes would be a remix of "The Moonlight Swordsmen ~Decision at Dawn~", as most The Last Blade music is just... environmental noises.

kaede-moriya-special.gif

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Solo Unit

1. Kisarah Westfield
  2. Ash Crimson
  3. Athena Asamiya
Pair Unit

1. Terry Bogard & Rock Howard
  2. K' & Kula Diamond
  3. Marco Rossi & Fio Germi

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Solo Unit:
  1. Kisarah Westfield
  2. Nakoruru
  3. Ash Crimson
Pair Unit:
  1. Marco & Fio
  2. Roddy & Cathy
  3. Terry & Rock

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Nakoruru
2. Athena
3. Kisarah

1. Kyo and Iori
2. K' and Kula
3. Terry & Rock

Last edited by a moderator:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Shion & KOS-MOS's Down Input - Cyber Kick & Spell Ray

KOS-MOS rushes in with a quick slash of her arm, with Shion running in to grab the opponent. She uses one of her techs from Episode III, to throw the opponent on the ground, which does a decent amount of damage before they bounce back up. As they bounce back up, they are caught in KOS-MOS's Cyber Kick, one of Ziggy's techs from Episode I (but it is used by KOS-MOS anyway in Project X Zone 2). While they are being Cyber Kicked, Shion has jumped behind KOS-MOS and charges up Spell Ray, one of her basic tech attacks in Episode 1. The enemy is then launched after the kicking and the shot is fired. The attack has the "Physical" typing and causes the "Down" status effect.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
aaaaand voting close

Here result
Solos
Terry Bogard2Athena Asamiya17
Athena Asamiya17Nakoruru15
Nakoruru15Kisarah Westfield13
Mai Shiranui7Mai Shiranui7
Ash Crimson6Ash Crimson6
Kisarah Westfield13Terry Bogard2
Pair
Kyo & Iori10Terry & Rock19
Marco & Fio13Marco & Fio13
Roddy & Cathy6Kyo & Iori10
Terry & Andy2Roddy & Cathy6
Terry & Rock19K' & Kula5
K' & Kula5Kaede & Moriya5
Kaede & Moriya5Terry & Andy2

Looks like our first SNK units will be Terry & Rock from the Fatal Fury franchise and Athena Asamiya from Psycho Soldier!

With new units means their movesets are open! And since Athena will be our first solo unit, ever...

Solo units will now work similarly to pair units, having an expanded moveset. That being said: they will have the 5 inputs, as well as a support and super move. As Perkilator Perkilator mentioned, they must use a Super move after 3 inputs. They will also only have 2 skills.

So when you're submitting for a solo character, please include
  • Moves
    • No input
    • Left
    • Right
    • Up
    • Down
    • Super
    • Support
  • Skills
    • 2 of em
  • Themes
    • At max give two themes

Sooooo
Let's get into the story.

Job 17: Submit a Location from the Following Franchises
As you progress through the game, you'll find yourself wandering different locations, all from different franchises. Each map will usually have its own pair and/or solo unit to unlock.

Please submit a stage from any of these franchises. Keep in mind that they will also be PvP stages so it would be great if they would fit into this mode too.
  • Namco x Capcom
  • Xenosaga
  • Street Fighter
  • Darkstalkers
  • Ace Attorney
  • Devil May Cry
  • Sakura Wars
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Space Channel 5
  • Fatal Fury
  • Psycho Soldier
next job will be story outlines :))

Job 17:
Temen-ni-gru (Devil May Cry)
1644953218303.png

Temen-Ni-gru is one of locations from Devil May Cry series and it's an unholy tower that harbors the 'true' gateway to the Demon World. Unlike the lesser hell gates or other artificial portals, the existence of the Temen-ni-gru's gate is seemingly natural. It was constructed by devil worshippers.
It was originally sealed by Sparda thousands of years ago, Arkham and Vergil have raised and reactivated the tower, although its portals were re-closed shortly thereafter.[1]

It would a Dante's home stage.

D

Deleted member

Job 17:
Temen-ni-gru (Devil May Cry)
View attachment 345238

Temen-Ni-gru is one of locations from Devil May Cry series and it's an unholy tower that harbors the 'true' gateway to the Demon World. Unlike the lesser hell gates or other artificial portals, the existence of the Temen-ni-gru's gate is seemingly natural. It was constructed by devil worshippers.
It was originally sealed by Sparda thousands of years ago, Arkham and Vergil have raised and reactivated the tower, although its portals were re-closed shortly thereafter.[1]

It would a Dante's home stage.
Project X Zone is an Rpg. Characters don't really have "home stages. "This is a good pick though.

I'll submit something later.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Ok going to close job 17. Since we didn't get many submissions we'll take all of them for now unless anyone has any objections later on.

If I'm not mistaken I believe some franchises got two stages so two DMC and SF stages should be fine?

So now we move on to the story proposal. Since this is a story driven game. Once we get an idea of what the story will be we will be able to start on bosses and such woah what a sentence.

Job 18. Submit a story proposal

Doesn't need to be too long or too detailed, we'll probably work the kinks out on the way. Something that seeks to explain why all these franchises are crossed over, for example: "We need the crossover energy to fuel a giant cannon." Like that. Don't worry about the protagonists, that will come later on, we just need a foundation for the story right now.

Project X Zone 1: An artifact known as the portalstone was stolen.
Project X Zone 2: Mysterious golden chains have appeared all over various dimensions.

Job 18:

Project X Zone 3: An Nexus orb that connects all Universes that exist.

It's about the giant Orb that exists in middle of Interdimensional Void and it's responsible for occurrence of Crossovers. When It ran out of crossover energy, Heroes need to refill it or character from foreign dimensions will stuck in those dimensions forever.

Also, the reason why the Crossover Orb runs out of it's energy, because the malevolent entity wants to end the Crossovers and forces himself to Gatekeep everyone from dimension travelling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom