• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates - Project X Zone 3: Fractured Bloodlines (Current Job: Chapter 1)

The fate of Reiji and Xiaomu

• Cut them

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Keep them, but not as the main protagonists

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Keep them as the main protagonists

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Yay online gameplay! Video games are so cool.

We've been trying for a while to get some Nintendo content in but I don't actually think we managed at all. So... let's do this the fun way. Anything goes as long as you

Job 38. Nintendo Pair & Nintendo Solo
Anything goes! As long as it's a Nintendo pair/solo and not scronklos go ahead! As always, sacred character format of name game origin what game they're based on etc. Ok bye

Job 38:
Takamaru (Solo Unit)

1648067683542.png

Takamaru is the protagonist of the 1986 Famicom game The Mysterious Murasame Castle: he is an apprentice samurai who must protect Edo Japan and four neighboring castle towns from an evil alien menace, residing in the titular Murasame Castle. Armed with only a katana and his wit, he sets off to rescue the people from the extraterrestrial's influence. The game worked similarly to The Legend of Zelda - being based on the same engine - and had several power-ups for Takamaru to use, including sandals that let him walk on water, fireballs, throwing knives, and windmill swords. Takamaru and his game became rather obscure, owing to the lack of an overseas release; prior to the Famicom disc for the game making a cameo in Pikmin 2, Takamaru was effectively unknown in the Western world. The character would later make his first international appearance in Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii as a playable character, and after being featured in his own mini-game in the Wii U game Nintendo Land, his own game received an international release for the Nintendo 3DS in the eShop.

Takamaru's moveset in this game would be based on his techinques from Famicom game and Samurai Warriors 3 game on Nintendo Wii, where he could attack with his sword or even throw knives.
He would be solo unit, because he fits into that role and he could a cool retro nintendo character in this PXZ 3 game. He may be an obscure character in this roster, but it would nothing can stop from being off the table...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Henry Fleming (Codename Steam)
Solo unit

I can kinda see him bouncing off of the Sakura Wars characters, both come from strategy games based in steampunk settings. So it kinda works.
He's the protagonist of Intelligent systems underrated Codename Steam, where he and other old book characters team up to fight aliens to attack the steampunk world they live in.

Theme:

Samus and Captain Falcon
Pair unit

Both of them are bounty hunters, so i imagine both of them being paired up because the two of them were hired to do the same job.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
obligatory fire emblem pair: Edelgard von Hresvelg & Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Edelgard & Dimitri are the driving forces of 3H, which has proven to be the best selling in the franchise so far. I'm going with specifically their post-timeskip looks because 1. they have access to their relics and 2. they hate each other so much more post-timeskip and I want to see how we can make these two idiots work together.

Themes: Apex of the World (both), Edge of Dawn (credits version) (Edelgard), Chasing Daybreak (Dimitri)

obligatory golden sun solo: Felix (Golden Sun: the Lost Age)

Felix is introduced as an antagonist during the first Golden Sun after his supposed death in the prologue. He then reappears as the main character of the second game. He has pretty much the same abilities as Isaac except he's cooler + we can make use of the new things introduced in the Lost Age. Also, in Dark Dawn, the encyclopedia says no one knows where he is. Would be funny if he just pops up here instead.

Theme: Felix Battle Theme (Golden Sun: the Lost Age)

D

Deleted member

Pyra and Mythra
I did consider throwing Rex in here, but considering pxz 2 skipped Shulk for Fiora, it makes sense to follow that pattern. Pyra and Mythra are actualy the same character, but we could say something has split them apart during the dimensional crososver chaos of Project X Zone. I truly belive Pyra would be a shoe in for a Project X Zone 3 in real life.

Sami
Advance Wars is a strategy game, meaning the series would fit well here. Sami could have some really fun interactions with other military based characters such as the Resident Evil cast, and Metal Slug characters when we add them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
D42FB0C3-8E37-4A3B-A6AA-80D44CABAD2E.png 1A4FB4D4-0DED-4AED-8B2C-71196F662DCF.png 0ACC8F1B-56F5-4BB4-9A3B-F955723BAC93.png
  • Name: Edelgard & Dimitri (Pair); Claude (Solo)
  • Origin: Fire Emblem: Three Houses (2019)
  • What they're based on: Their pre-timeskip design
  • Reason: I know the former two were already submitted, but I went with the pre-timeskip versions because I figured they’d be more recognizable.
  • Music:

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
OK that's like 24 hours I think.

Here are your Ninty characters!

Solo
Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Henry Fleming (Code Name S.T.E.A.M.) Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade
Felix (Golden Sun) airConditioner airConditioner
Sami (Advance Wars) @Darkonedagger
Claude von Riegan (Fire Emblem) Perkilator Perkilator

Pair
Samus & Captain Falcon (Metroid & F-Zero) Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade
Edelgard von Hresvelg & Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Fire Emblem) airConditioner airConditioner Perkilator Perkilator
Pyra & Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles) @Darkonedagger

Vote for your top 3 solos and top 2 pairs! Keep your own in 2nd or 3rd if you are voting for your own. If Edelgard and Dimtri win, we'll have a vote to see which one we'll be using.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Takamaru
2. Sami
3. Felix

1. Samus and Falcon
2. Edelgard and Dimitri

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Sami
2. Flemming
3. Felix

1. Pyra and Mythra
2. Fire Emblem

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Here's the results!

Aegis14
Fire Emblem7
Samus & Falcon6
Sami18
Takamaru14
Felix9
Claude7
Henry6

Pyra & Mythra are your first Nintendo pair, being the second pairs from the Xeno series, and Sami is your first Nintendo solo! Gaslight gatekeep girlboss! As always, movesets for them are now open hehe.

I won't be able to post jobs for the weekend so @Darkonedagger will do that in my short absence. But here's your last one before I have to shut up for 2 days!

Job 39: A Character that summons cameos from their Company
Have you ever thought to yourself: "DAMN! I sure wish Scrombly Bombly from the lovable Scrimblo Bimblo series were in Project X Zone! Too bad all their characters are freaking anime nerds!!"

Well it seems like Monolith Soft agreed! We've had several characters act like that already: Valkyrie and Ulala come to mind immediately. So.... submit a solo character who vomits cameos from their company! Also, since we already have Ulala, whose functions remain the same as before (with new cameos provided by her submitter), Sega will be the only company not allowed to participate in this round.

As always... please use the sacred character format. Maybe add examples of what your character can summon? Ok bye see you Monday!​

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 39: Cameo Machine
Akari Ichijou - The Last Blade

Akari Ichijou is an iconic and beloved character from the Last Blade series. She's so beloved by fans that she's in most crossover games as one of the representatives of her series (SNK vs. Capcom, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, etc...). To put it short as to why she's perfect for this job, her specialty lies within the art of summoning, more specifically youkais and evil spirits. In most notable crossover games she has appeared in, she has made several cameos appear through her special moves and I'd imagine PxZ3 would be no exception. Here's some of them in NGBC as an example.

akari-neogeobattlecoliseum-super-snk-cameos.gif

spot the cameos challenge

Although if you're interested in Akari herself as a character. She's an onmyoji maiden born and raised in Kyoto who's one of the people in charge of sealing Hell's Gate (you know, the Gate of the place where all those terrifying demons are in). Funnily enough, she's just your typical goofy and spoiled child, as she protests against her father on some occasions. She also knows a little of bit of english (but not to the degree where she could maintain a conversation with you) which would be funny to utlize in certain dialogue.

But back to the cameos, she's made SNK characters such as Ryuhaku Todoh, Mars People, Amakusa, Youkai Kusaregedo, Earthquake, Orochi Iori, Serious Mr. Karate, and even Duck King's companion P-chan appear through her Shikigami Hyakkiyakou super in several crossover games. Along with summoning other Last Blade characters, like Juzoh Kanzaki, who she summons to protect herself. The possibilities are endless, and we can essentially make whatever character (who's not playable in the game, at least) appear through some of her various moves.

yes, that was Dan's father, red arremer and a SV-001 you just saw pass by

As for music, well the Last Blade is a series that.. uh... lacks in this department, but luckily enough Akari is one of the few characters who has an actual theme for herself (in the arranged release of the soundtrack) and it's even vocalized! Go take a listen, it's pretty adorable. How can you even start thinking of turning down this adorable thing?

ezgif-2-6aec8f2c3d.png

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
F6D8A394-C437-437D-AB8A-112615DF3A9D.png
I tried.png
  • Name: 9-Volt & 18-Volt
  • Origin:
    • 9-Volt: WarioWare, Inc.: Mega MicroGame$! (2003)
    • 18-Volt: WarioWare: Twisted! (2004)
  • What they're based on: WarioWare Gold (2018)
  • Reason: Their micro games are well-known for being homages to Nintendo’s games, so I figured it would be a hoot for them to also summon characters from old NES games (Duck Hunt, Urban Champion, Takamaru and Sukapon, just to name a few)
  • Music: NES Remix

D

Deleted member

Saki Omokane

From the dating sim Quiz Nanairo Dreams. She is a frequent crososver favorite for capcom and she could Summon other lesser known Capcom faces. Pure and Fur from Adventure Quiz: Capcom World 2, the Unknown Soilders from Forgotten Worlds, Lou and Siva from Midnight Wanderers, Billy Bob from Gun Smoke and more

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Kiran

Kiran is know for summoning various fire emblem characters in heroes so it is not too hard to imagine him/her summoning other nintendo characters in another game. I guess i could see Takamaru, Pit, & Isaac if they dont make it in independently.

D

Deleted member

And our submissions are:
Akari Ichijou (Last Blase. SNK.) - Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
9-Volt & 18-Volt (Warioware. Nintendo) - Perkilator Perkilator
Saki Omokane (Quiz Nanairo Dreams. Capcom ) - me
Kiran (Fire Emblem Heroes. Nintendo) - nirvanafan nirvanafan

Vote for your top two. Your own can't be in first!

My votes:
Akari
Saki

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom