• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Nintendo VS Everyone Else

AlRex

Smash Lord
Hello, and welcome to “Nintendo VS Everyone Else” as a creation thread! What do I mean by that title? Well, it’s not literally everything else in existence, it’ll just be other game companies, the name is just snappier than the explanation for it. We’re not adding Goku, Spider-Man, Tony Hawk, the Kool-Aid Man, Margaret Thatcher, etc. Basically, the roster is half Nintendo, half other gaming companies. Hence this sort of name.

It’ll be a platform fighter like Smash, so don’t worry too much about figuring out the mechanics [other than that I’ll probably have a voting thing for Final Smashes or Supers]. Adding more characters to the roster, stages, items, game modes, and any other main things you can think of, will all be voted on. I’m gonna simplify, though, and say we aren’t necessarily going to go into every single piece of music, trophy [or trophy equivalent], Mii costume [if that’s in here], the more minor and often very, very, very, verrrrrrry long lists of things.

Let’s get the very obvious characters out of the way.

Nintendo
  1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link (Legend of Zelda)
  4. Samus Aran (Metroid)
  5. Pikachu (Pokémon)
  6. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Everyone Else
  1. Pac-Man
  2. Centipede
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog
  4. Master Chief (Halo)
  5. DOOM Guy/Slayer (DOOM)
  6. Kratos (God of War)

NINTENDO:
Donkey Kong
EVERYONE ELSE:
Pac-Man
Mario
Centipede
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Master Chief (Halo)
Pikachu (Pokémon)
DOOM Slayer/Guy (DOOM)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Kratos (God of War)

Single-Player stuff
Versus

NINTENDO STAGES:
The Nintendo Entertainment System
The Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Brothers 3)
EVERYONE ELSE STAGES:
Tetris
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

WIP

And probably other stuff, but more so...

I’ve picked these first four because the Nintendo characters are all, like I said, obvious, and the four “Everyone Else” ones all represent different platforms/rivals for Nintendo (arcades, SEGA, XBox, and PlayStation respectively). Now, you may be wondering “where’s Pokemon”, and someone like me may also be wondering “where’s the PC games? Where’s Atari?” That’s going to be the subject of our first few voting rounds, along with another bonus one just to be even. That’s right, we’re starting with FOUR character submission rounds. I might try to be quicker paced, but I’ll also try not to always barrage like this, I just wanted to start out big for this! Stay tuned for the next post very soon for the new

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here are our first submission rounds!
Job 1: Who should be our (first) Pokémon representative?
Exactly what it says. Who from Pokémon should we add? Pikachu? Pokémon Trainer? Someone else?

Job 2: Who should be our first Nintendo 64 onward representative?
As in, from a series that debuted in the Nintendo 64 era or later. Pokémon technically did, but it also did so on a handheld that had been running since 1989. Note that I say “series”, as well, it’s gotta be a newer series, so no Lanky Kong or Tingle in this round.

Job 3: Who should be our first PC games representative?
Character from a series that debuted on computers rather than arcades, handhelds, or consoles. Could be anything from the Commodore 64 to MSX to British micro-computers to Apple to DOS to Windows to whatever you feel fits within this framework.

Job 4: Who should be repping Atari?
Atari was majorly influential in the Golden Age games market, though obviously most of their most famous characters fit squarely into the “how does this work as a playable character?” category. But that’s honestly a big reason why I like them, in combination with their historical importance.

I'm glad I stumbled onto this!

Job 1: First Pokemon Rep
That's a tough choice. However, because of the following three jobs, I'm going to be basic this time and go with Pikachu.

Job 2: First 64-Now Rep
In this case, I would choose Villager from Animal Crossing.

Job 3: First PC Rep
For our first fighter to come from a PC game, I'm going to go against the grain for my pick: Carmen Sandiego. And yes, Carmen start out in a video game, not a game show or cartoon.

Job 4: First Atari Rep
I assume you're talking about the Atari 2600 in this instance, correct? Well, I hope you like dealing with Activision, because my choice for the Atari rep is Pitfall Harry, from the Pitfall! video game series.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:Charizard (Pokémon)

006.png

Charizard is a pokémon from Pokémon series,he is a Fire/Flying Pokémon.

Job 3:Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)

Gordon2004.png

Gordon Freeman is the protagonist from Half-Life series,he is a theorical physicist who is forced to defend himself fighting against aliens.

Gordon is a very iconic character,he is kinda the Mario of Valve.

Job 4:The Dragon (Atari's Adventure)

Atari_Dragon.png

The Dragon from Atari's Adventure is an enemy of the game,the dragon's design would be a redesign that could be similar to a dragon without arms and faithful to the original design and his attacks would be similar to Duck Hunt and Pac-Man,moves that makes reference from another games and his attacks makes reference from another Atari games.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm glad I stumbled onto this!

Job 1: First Pokemon Rep
That's a tough choice. However, because of the following three jobs, I'm going to be basic this time and go with Pikachu.

Job 2: First 64-Now Rep
In this case, I would choose Villager from Animal Crossing.

Job 3: First PC Rep
For our first fighter to come from a PC game, I'm going to go against the grain for my pick: Carmen Sandiego. And yes, Carmen start out in a video game, not a game show or cartoon.

Job 4: First Atari Rep
I assume you're talking about the Atari 2600 in this instance, correct? Well, I hope you like dealing with Activision, because my choice for the Atari rep is Pitfall Harry, from the Pitfall! video game series.
Great pics, love Carmen especially! I mostly mean ones owned/created by Atari themselves, but ones like Pitfall Harry that are so tied to the 2600 are also absolutely allowed, given that the Atari line-up might not be as easy to figure out for others. That said, I'll go ahead and add some...

Job 1: Pokémon rep
This blurs the lines a bit, and puts perhaps too many into one, but I'm gonna have Ash Ketchum with Pikachu, Charizard, and Greninja. If you don't like it being an anime character, it can be Red w/other trainers as alts.

Job 2: 64 - Now Rep
The other one that seems close to as popular as Animal Crossing is Splatoon, and I slightly prefer the specificity of putting Agent 3 rather than just "Inkling", though she can have other Inkling designs as alts.

Job 3: PC Rep
Was tempted to put DOOM Slayer, but feels too soon after the varyingly similar Master Chief and Kratos. So instead, I'll put Bella Goth from the Sims.

Job 4: Atari Rep
Gonna say Centipede here, big fan of the unique body type, villainous nature, and overall very odd vibes that a giant centipede that shoots lasers and other bugs out would provide.

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Great picks as well, though you may have to swap out Pikachu for another option.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1

Well, Pikachu is the best choice but I’ll go with Lucario. He would be a basic Shoto archetype plus the fact he’s sort of a pseudo Gen 1 character.

Job 2

Isabelle from Animal Crossing. A true Nintendo all-star and de facto mascot of Animal Crossing. Could have a fun moveset for sure.

Job 3

Does Steve from Minecraft count? If so, I’ll go with him. Too iconic here to not not include.

Job 4

The Cube from Adventure. Sure, why not? Have a bunch of references to Atari games in his moveset.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hello, and welcome to “Nintendo VS Everyone Else” as a creation thread! What do I mean by that title? Well, it’s not literally everything else in existence, it’ll just be other game companies, the name is just snappier than the explanation for it. We’re not adding Goku, Spider-Man, Tony Hawk, the Kool-Aid Man, Margaret Thatcher, etc. Basically, the roster is half Nintendo, half other gaming companies. Hence this sort of name.

It’ll be a platform fighter like Smash, so don’t worry too much about figuring out the mechanics [other than that I’ll probably have a voting thing for Final Smashes or Supers]. Adding more characters to the roster, stages, items, game modes, and any other main things you can think of, will all be voted on. I’m gonna simplify, though, and say we aren’t necessarily going to go into every single piece of music, trophy [or trophy equivalent], Mii costume [if that’s in here], the more minor and often very, very, very, verrrrrrry long lists of things.

Let’s get the very obvious characters out of the way.

Nintendo
  1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link (Legend of Zelda)
  4. Samus Aran (Metroid)
Everyone Else
  1. Pac-Man
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog
  3. Master Chief (Halo)
  4. Kratos (God of War)

NINTENDO:
Donkey Kong
EVERYONE ELSE:
Pac-Man
Mario
Sonic the Hedgehog
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Master Chief (Halo)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Kratos (God of War)

Single-Player stuff
Versus

WIP

WIP

And probably other stuff, but more so...

I’ve picked these first four because the Nintendo characters are all, like I said, obvious, and the four “Everyone Else” ones all represent different platforms/rivals for Nintendo (arcades, SEGA, XBox, and PlayStation respectively). Now, you may be wondering “where’s Pokemon”, and someone like me may also be wondering “where’s the PC games? Where’s Atari?” That’s going to be the subject of our first few voting rounds, along with another bonus one just to be even. That’s right, we’re starting with FOUR character submission rounds. I might try to be quicker paced, but I’ll also try not to always barrage like this, I just wanted to start out big for this! Stay tuned for the next post very soon for the new
You know what, I'm glad Margaret Thatcher will not be in this game, have you seen her janky hitbox, the only character who could counter her was Dave Grohl, and even then he can be infinite with her mic toss attack.

Also this thread intrigues me, may join layer

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 1: I’ll go with Red/Leaf as they are in Ultimate. I feel like Pikachu ir a Pokemon Trainer would the first choices for a Pokemon fighter.

Job 2: While an Animal Crossing or Splatoon fighter is ineviatable, Shulk from Xenoblade would be cool to see.

Job 3: I also initially considered Doom Slayer, but I decided to go with Jinx as League of Legends is popular.

Job 4: Is Frogger allowed as he has a game on the Atari?

Pokemon character submission:
Eevee
1687011134287.png
Eevee is a pokemon from Gen 1 and it's based on dogs or foxes. Eevee has a unique evolution line where it evolves into different "Eons" depending on a condition or item.

Eevee is considered as one of most popular pokemon along with it's evolutions and it is even considered as a second mascot for Gen 1 remakes "Pokemon Let's go Pikachu & Eevee".

It's moveset would allude to it's evolutions like Eevee could use hydro pump or firestorm to represent Vaporeon and Flareon. Also it would use a lot of normal attacks in his moveset.
It's final smash would summon all eevee evolutions to make an attack in same way as PKMN trainer's "Triple finish", where they attack at the same time.

It would be lightweight all around fighter with no ability to crawl, wall jump or wall cling.

PC fighter submission:
DOOM Guy
1686997023951.png
DOOM Slayer is the main protagonist of ID Software's/Bethesda's DOOM video game series and he is a "nameless" space marine that fights zombies and demons in hell, Phobos/Deimos or even on Earth.

DOOM Slayer or DOOM guy is considered as one of most popular PC characters of all time and he is also considered as a video game icon from the 90's.
Heck, his games popularized the FPS games like Quake, Half-Life or even Halo. Although Wolfenstein came before Doom and it's considered more as grandfather of genre, DOOM still holds up as one of most influential FPS video game series in video game history.

His moveset would allude to his arsenal that is featured in the games like shotgun, minigun or even Maykr. He would also use some melee attacks in his moveset.
He would be mid-heavyweight zoner fighter with no additional movement options.
64-onwards fighter:
Mii Fighter
1687011302422.png
I know it's a weird choice, but I think they deserve to be in this game.
Mii Fighter is a playable character from Smash who is based on Mii - an avatar that appears on Nintendo consoles since Wii's release.

Before we get into their movesets, the Mii fighter would be divided into 4 classes:
  • Brawler (focuses on close combat and some aspects of athletics)
  • Swordfighter/Basher (Focuses on swordfighting or melee weapon fighting)
  • Gunner (Focuses on ranged combat)
  • Mage (Focuses on magic and buff/debuff moves)

The first 3 classes (Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner) would retain some of their moves from past smash games, but they also het the new ones that originate from certain Mii games.
While Mage's moveset would be based on magic attacking like shooting spells at opponents or even debuff their stats.

You can customize their weight, face, weapons, colors, voice and costumes.

Despite they have been appearing in smash earlier, I don't think it would hurt to keep them in the NvEE game, since they are very unique fighters because of their customization.
Plus they are also considered as historical choice for smash since they originated from Wii Console - one of popular Nintendo consoles of all time that changed the whole gaming.

Atari fighter:
Bentley the Bear
1687011103802.png
Bentley the Bear is the main protagonist of Crystal Castles arcade game and he is a small bear that collects crystals while avoiding enemies.

His moveset would consist of various Atari games in same vein as Pac-Man's moveset or Duck Hunt's moveset. He would summon a centipede as side special or throw a crystal as neutral special.
His final smash would let him suck opponents into an arcade machine and let various characters from Atari games rush at the beating the opponents to death.

He would be a middleweight all around fighter with no additional movement options.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Alright, here's the votes!
1: Pokémon
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Pikachu
AlRex AlRex Ash/Trainer w/Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Lucario
Pupp135 Pupp135 Red/Leaf
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Eevee

2: N64 onward
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Villager (Animal Crossing)
AlRex AlRex Agent 3 (Splatoon)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Pupp135 Pupp135 Shulk (Xenoblade)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Mii Fighters (Wii)

3: PC
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Carmen Sandiego
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
AlRex AlRex Bella Goth (The Sims)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Steve (Minecraft)
Pupp135 Pupp135 Jinx (League of Legends)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds DOOM Guy (DOOM)

4: Atari
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Pitfall Harry (Pitfall)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 The Dragon (Adventure)
AlRex AlRex Centipede
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Cube/Hero (Adventure)
Pupp135 Pupp135 Frogger
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Bentley the Bear (Crystal Castles)

Don't put your own in first place, you know what it is now.

What I say:
Pokeymon
1. Pikachu
2. Red/Leaf
3. Ash

N64 Onward
1. Isabelle
2. Agent 3
3. Mii Fighters

PC
1. Carmen Sandiego
2. DOOM Guy
3. Bella Goth

Atari
1. The Dragon
2. Centipede
3. Frogger

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Pikachu
2. Ash
3. Red/Leaf

1. Villager
2. Agent 3
3. Isabelle

1. Steve
2. Doom Slayer
3. Carmen

1. Centipede
2. The Dragon
3. Pitfall Harry

Pokemon:
1: Ash with Pikachu, Charizard, & Greninja
2: Lucario
3: Eevee

Modern Nintendo:
1: Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
2: Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
3: Agent 3 (Splatoon)

PC Gaming:
1: Steve (Minecraft)
2: Doom Guy (DOOM)
3: Carmen Sandiego

Atari:
1: Bentley Bear (Crystal Castles)
2: Pitfall Harry (Pitfall!)
3: Frogger

If you want my personal opinion, most of the suggestions for this round of jobs were, at worst, good. At best, they make actual Smash games jealous.

D

Deleted member

1. Pikachu
2. Lucario
3. Ash

1. Villager
2. Agent 3
3. Shulk

1. Gordon Freeman
2. Bella Goth
3. Jinx

1. Centipede
2. Cube
3. Harry

Last edited by a moderator:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Pokémon
Pikachu: 27
Red/Leaf: 6
Ash: 15
Eevee: 4
Lucario: 8

N64 Onward
Isabelle: 17
Agent 3: 16
Mii Fighters: 8
Shulk: 9
Villager: 10

PC
Carmen Sandiego: 7
DOOM Guy: 17
Bella Goth: 5
Gordon Freeman: 14
Steve: 16
Jinx: 1

Atari
The Dragon: 13
Centipede: 19
Frogger: 4
Bentley: 9
Cube: 9
Pitfall Harry: 6

Looks like our overall winners are Pikachu, Isabelle [by a hair], DOOM Guy, and Centipede. Congrats to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , and uhh, myself, yes.

I'll add them to the roster shortly, and as well, here's two other jobs!

Job 5: Nominate a Nintendo stage.
Can be from games that are already represented on the roster, or from ones that aren’t. Depending on the votes, we’ll have multiple here.

Job 6: Nominate a non-Nintendo stage.
Same as Nintendo one but for every other video game stage.

I say for a Nintendo stage, I say the Nintendo Entertainment System itself. Big platform on the console with two walk-offs [the floor] on the side, as well as a TV, ROB, and Zapper in the back. On occasion, various NES sprites will come out of the TV, and effect the stage in some way. Maybe even the ROB and Zapper will participate a bit. I'd liken this to PictoChat. Maybe even some third party games could be involved...

As for a non-Nintendo stage, I say Minesweeper. Yes, the game that usually is available by default with Windows. Has one big platform and two smaller ones above, all of which are broken up into segments. Be careful about which ones you hit, though, they may explode! The panels are also reorganized every time you set up the stage, and as well, will reset over time once you've exploded one or more.

Last edited:
Job 5: Nintendo Stage
I nominate the Mushroom Kingdom as seen in Super Mario Bros. 3. It would be a stage that scrolls automatically, but at such a slow pace that you wouldn't even know it's an autoscroller stage until you get cheesed. Why specifically the SMB3 look? Not only is it more colorful, but it's the reason they even made The Wizard such a big movie. Don't lie and tell me it wasn't the justification for that film's existence.

Job 6: Non-Nintendo Stage
I nominate the Pac-Maze from Pac-Man. Basically, take the Smash 3DS stage, and make it look better. That's really about it.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 5: Hyrule Castle (The Legend of Zelda)

images (2).jpeg

Hyrule Castle is a place from The Legend of Zelda series,it is a castle where Zelda lives.

Hyrule Castle as a stage is very similar to Hyrule Castle from Smash 64,but the design of the stage is looks like from Hyrule Castle from Project M.

Job 6: Tetris

images (3).jpeg

Tetris is a puzzle game developed by Alexey Pajitnov,in this game,the player controls the blocks and put it on the order.

Tetris as a stage is on a large rectangle and the blocks are the stage hazards and platforms,they falls into the stage,when the blocks are on a order,they disappears and other blocks appears falling,it works similar to Tetris gameplay.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 5: Pokemon Stadium, works like in Brawl.

Job 6: Green Hill Zone, this would be like Project M/+

AlRex

Smash Lord
Alright, here's the vote on stages nowwwww
Nintendo stages
AlRex AlRex The Nintendo Entertainment System
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye The Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Bros. 3)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Hyrule Castle (Legend of Zelda)
Pupp135 Pupp135 Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon)
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Jungle Hijinx (Donkey Kong)
nirvanafan nirvanafan Rainbow Road (Mario Kart)

Non-Nintendo stages
AlRex AlRex Minesweeper
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Pac-Maze (Pac-Man)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Tetris
Pupp135 Pupp135 Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Halo
nirvanafan nirvanafan Highwind (Final Fantasy VII)

My personal votes
Nintendo
1. Rainbow Road
2. The NES
3. Pokémon Stadium

Non-Nintendo
1. Tetris
2. Halo
3. Minesweeper

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Hyrule Castle
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. NES

1. Pac-Maze
2. Tetris
3. Highwind

AlRex

Smash Lord
Delayed a bit in stages, but now we have our final stage votes.
Nintendo
Rainbow Road: 5
The NES: 9
Pokémon Stadium: 5
Mushroom Kingdom (SMB3): 10
Kongo Jungle: 4
Hyrule Castle: 9

Non-Nintendo
Tetris: 15
Halo: 3
Minesweeper: 1
Green Hill Zone: 13
Pac-Maze: 9
Highwind: 1

Meaning I'd say our first four stages will be the NES, Mushroom Kingdom, Tetris, and Green Hill Zone! Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 , and Pupp135 Pupp135 ! These will be added soon!

Our next two jobs will be items! I feel like, by default, we will have Assists of some kind. Pokéballs are a maybe. But besides those...

Job 7: Submit a Nintendo item!
Ones that are Smash original can apply, such as the Beam Sword, Banana Gun, etc., but not ones like Galaga that aren't Nintendo-based. Anything can apply, and we will likely be picking the top two from these, as well.

Job 8: Submit a non-Nintendo item!
Everything that applies to the Nintendo items, but for the rest of video games. Galaga could apply here!

For 7, I'll say the classic Mushroom, acting much as it does in Mario and Smash in general. For 8, I'll say the Shield Monitors from Sonic, which will vary between the default one which allows a simple free hit, the fire one which allows immunity from flaming attacks, as well as igniting certain things, the bubble one which allows immunity to water-based attacks and the ability for certain characters like Sonic himself to swim freely, and the electric shield, with immunity to electricity and the ability to attract very light items, such as food. As well, these can be used to enhance certain attacks.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Super Star which works like in the real games.

I’ll nominate Special Flag which works like in For/Ultimate.

Job 7: Nintendo Item
I nominate the Pokeball from Pokemon. It would differ slightly from how Smash portrays it, in that the basic Pokeball only summons Baby, Basic, and Stage 1 Pokemon, while the Master Ball is what summons Stage 2 Pokemon, Legendary Pokemon, Mythical Pokemon, generally the big boys that really pack a punch.

Job 8: Non-Nintendo Item
I nominate the Trampoline from Mappy. It would act as a temporary platform in case you fall off. This is what Pac-Man's Up Special in Smash really is, for the kids in the audience.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 7:Star Rod (Kirby)

SSBU_Star_Rod.png

It works same from Smash games

Job 8: Medusa's Head (God of War)

images.jpeg

Medusa's head as a item is the playable character uses the Medusa's head to make another playable character turned in stone and it's possible to KO the opponent turned in stone on one-hit

Top Bottom