• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Marvel vs. DC

What type of game should this be?

• 2D

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platform

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2 Comic Giants, duking it out in Videogame forum

This thread is a standard creation thread, where you can submit and vote on characters, stages and specials for characters from Marvel and DC characters

This thread will start with 4 "Essential" characters on both ends

Iron Man (Marvel)
Superman (DC)
Captain America (Marvel)
Batman (DC)
Wolverine (Marvel)
Wonder Woman (DC)
Spider-Man (Marvel)
Aquaman (DC)

Hulk (Marvel)
The Joker (DC)
Black Panther (Marvel)
Shazam (DC)
Dr. Doom (Marvel)
The Flash (DC)

Avengers Mansion (Marvel)
Justice League Watchtower (DC)
Wakanda (Marvel)
Atlantis (DC)
Krakoa (Marvel)
The Hall Of Justice (DC)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
download.jpeg
Aquaman.jpg

Hulk and Aquaman
The other two key members of the avengers and justice league respectivly, we shoul add these

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #1: Quicksilver (Marvel)
72D7096E-DDFC-4252-9DBD-91DFB13AAC09.png

Quicksilver is Marvel’s most popular speed character. Quicksilver is a interesting character, he is technically the son of Magneto, one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe. He has also joined countless teams, from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants to the Avengers. He’s been in countless Marvel movies and shows/cartoons, including the MCU. I think it would be a dream come true for fans to see both company’s fastest speed characters fight each other in a fighting game.

Job #1: Martian Manhunter (DC)
13F00C4F-E52A-4D65-B710-938127DF3F33.png

Martian Manhunter is one of the Justice League’s most iconic members. He also has a ton of moveset potential. Martian Manhunter could shape-shift, phase through objects, heat vision, etc. Martian Manhunter also had a sad back story, being one of the last surviving members of his species. He doesn’t have a lot of his own huge story arcs compared to the rest of the DC roster, but he is still a fan favorite DC character that still has his shining moments.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 326232View attachment 326233
Hulk and Aquaman
The other two key members of the avengers and justice league respectivly, we shoul add these
Job #1: Quicksilver (Marvel)
View attachment 326236
Quicksilver is Marvel’s most popular speed character. Quicksilver is a interesting character, he is technically the son of Magneto, one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe. He has also joined countless teams, from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants to the Avengers. He’s been in countless Marvel movies and shows/cartoons, including the MCU. I think it would be a dream come true for fans to see both company’s fastest speed characters fight each other in a fighting game.

Job #1: Martian Manhunter (DC)
View attachment 326237
Martian Manhunter is one of the Justice League’s most iconic members. He also has a ton of moveset potential. Martian Manhunter could shape-shift, phase through objects, heat vision, etc. Martian Manhunter also had a sad back story, being one of the last surviving members of his species. He doesn’t have a lot of his own huge story arcs compared to the rest of the DC roster, but he is still a fan favorite DC character that still has his shining moments.
Due to me being a dummy, I changed Flash to Aquaman after your submissions, so if you want to change your submissions to a different character feel free to do so!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I like Some Villans:

Green goblin Spideys Main Nemesis

And the Joker Of course Batmans Main Nemesis!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Marvel
1. Green Goblin
2. Quicksilver
3. Hulk

DC
1. The Flash
2. The Joker
3. Martian Manhunter

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Darn, I just missed the submissions.

Marvel:
1. The Hulk
2. Deadpool
3. Thanos

DC:
1. The Joker
2. Martian Manhunter
3. The Flash

AlRex

Smash Lord
Marvel
1. Hulk
2. Deadpool
3. Green Goblin

DC
1. The Joker
2. The Flash
3. Swamp Thing

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Marvel
1 Hulk
2 Deadpool
3 Thanos

DC
1 Martian Manhunter
2 Joker
3 Swamp Thing

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Marvel

1. Deadpool
2. Hulk
3. Thanos

DC.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Swamp Thing
3. Flash

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I know I asked this before but what kind of game is this? Like is it a 2D fighting game or a platform fighter like smash? I’m assuming it’s a platform fighter because you say “specials” in the first post but I don’t think it’s actually been said what this would be. We can’t really submit any stages if we don’t know if it’s a standard fighting game or a platform fighter

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I know I asked this before but what kind of game is this? Like is it a 2D fighting game or a platform fighter like smash? I’m assuming it’s a platform fighter because you say “specials” in the first post but I don’t think it’s actually been said what this would be. We can’t really submit any stages if we don’t know if it’s a standard fighting game or a platform fighter
I added a poll on the top to see what It should be, I meant to add it before but I didn't I apologize for any confusion

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job #2 (not sure if we're supposed to submit one stage total, or one stage per company)

Marvel: Avengers Mansion

DC: Justice League Watchtower

In both cases, the rosters that we have so far seem to be heavily weighted towards the main superteams of each universe (the Avengers and the Justice League), so that seems like as good of a starting point as any when it comes to stages. Despite the fact that the images that I found were exterior shots, I assume the stages would be interior ones regardless of what the gameplay is like. (though if it's got Smash Bros. style gameplay, I'm sure there would be options that would allow for a Ring Out)

In either case, the stages could have a wide variety of environments (maybe stage transitions like the Injustice games if it's a 2D fighter?) and allow for a bunch of cameos for characters that don't make it in. (though if a character becomes playable through DLC, they could be removed from the background when they're being played as, like Toon Link in the Smash Bros. Spirit Tracks stage, or Martian Manhunter in Injustice 1)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wanna apologize because right now I can't post images properly due to the account being recent (and It is complicated to find image links on my phone for some reason), so I'll just use text:

Marvel: Sanctum Sanctorum
It would be on interior and the stage would probably take place on the artifacts room, with the window of the Sanctorum being seen really far in the background.
If there are stage transitions like in Injustice, I guess there would be a portal where if you hit the opponent strong enough It sends them through the Dark Dimension which would have cameos of Dormammu and such.

DC: Fortress Of Solitude
It would be similar to the Injustice stage but with a more Golden age vibe to It.
The stage would have the statues of Jor El and Lara in the background, there would be a glimpse of Superman's statue collection, his giant armour would also be there, Kandor too and so on and so fort.
The stage transition would be the Phantom Zone proyector of course. It would have cameos of Mon-El, Zod, Faora and other kryptonian characters.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Marvel Stage: Canadian Wilderness
DC899463-6031-4F4C-A377-CC4BC0564442.jpeg

I picked this stage, because it could represent the moment when Wolverine escaped the Weapon X Facility. This stage would be a dark snowing forest set in Canada. Wild animals (ex. wolves, deers, owls) and Weapon X drones could pass by in the background, walking or flying around. I also have one character cameo idea, the Wendigo. The Wendigo would be dashing, howling, and getting closer. When it gets too noticeable on the stage, it will quickly disappear and won’t come back.

DC Stage: Joker’s Amusement Park
B0DB2F66-2B69-4A07-9909-D1349422EAD4.jpeg

Joker’s Amusement Park would just be it’s own original rundown amusement park, but Jokerfied. For example, imagine Joker’s Fun World from Batman: Arkham City. There would be a ton of henchman dressed in Joker outfits cheering the fighters on, especially if Joker is on the screen.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel:

1. Stark Tower
2. Avengers Mansion
3. Daily Bugle

DC:

1. Arkham Asylum
2. Justice League Watchtower
3. Fortress of Solitude

D

Deleted member

Marvel:

1.Stark Tower
2.Daily Bugle
3.Avengerns Mansion

DC:
1.Justice League Watchtower
2.The Batcave
3.Arkham Asylum

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Avengers Mansion
2. Daily Bugle
3. Canadian Wilderness

1. Justice League Watchtower
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Joker’s Amusement Park

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Marvel
1 Daily Bugle
2 Stark Tower
3 Avengers Mansion

DC
1 Watchtower
2 Fortress of Solitude
3 Arkham Asylum

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Marvel:
Avengers Mansion Megadoomer Megadoomer 10
Daily Bugle Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 9
Sanctum Santorum @Jotadé 2
Canadian Wilderness evanwoo10 evanwoo10 1
Stark Tower nirvanafan nirvanafan 8

DC:
Justice League Watchtower Megadoomer Megadoomer 8
The Batcave Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 3
Fortress Of Solitude @Jotadé 5
Joker's Amusement Park evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Arkham Asylum nirvanafan nirvanafan 8

The Avenger's Mansion is the first marvel stage and for DC

the Tie Breaker is Here

Job 3

Submit a Gameplay Mechanic

This can be anything from the Tag Team or Infinity Stone mechanics seen in MvC or the Clashes seen in Injustice, It doesn't have to be from another game, just on the same level as one of those mechanics.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll just submit a tag team mechanic. You can select two characters and switch between them pretty much any time in a match. I feel like a tag team mechanic fits the team-up nature of superhero stories, and the reason it's two instead of three is differentiate this game a bit from other fighting games with tag team mechanics, which usually have three.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll just submit a tag team mechanic. You can select two characters and switch between them pretty much any time in a match. I feel like a tag team mechanic fits the team-up nature of superhero stories, and the reason it's two instead of three is differentiate this game a bit from other fighting games with tag team mechanics, which usually have three.
I dunno if this is too much to propose now, but certain tag teams could also do Amalgam Supers where they’re combined and do one big move that makes use of both’s powers and abilities, much like the Amalgam event that followed the Marvel VS DC comic, but figured that might complicate things too much towards the beginning.

D

Deleted member

For a gameplay mechanic I would bring in the super moves from Injustice.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Due to lack of submissions the 2 that we got will be added

Super moves and 2 person Tag Team mechanics will be added

Job 4

Submit a list of supers/specials for Superman and Iron Man

D

Deleted member

For Superman I had this cool idea for a super move where he does an uppecut to the opponent and then proceeds to keep knocking them out while recreating various iconic poses from his comic book coverarts (with the actual ones appearing in the background), just so after that he finished by throwing the car from Action Comics N°1 onto the enemy.

And for Iron Man I was thinking of having him call in various of his armours and making all use the Proton Cannon from MvC.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 4 will continue in the background

Job 5

Submit a Marvel and a DC character that is prominent in the MCU for Marvel And the DCEU for DC

Top Bottom