• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fox: Team Star Fox

Team StarFox fly above in their Arwings and shoot constant lasers down to the ground. They don't stun and more so slow you like going off-road, but it covers a LOT of the track.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-25.jpg

ROB Gyromite
ROB would summon a spinning top, the twist is that this item cab be charged, if you shoot it immediately it acts as a faster green shell, if you shoot it after 5 seconds worth or charging it acts like a faster red shell, and after 8 seconds worth of charge it's a faster blue shell, the thing is that getting hit will make it launch at the lowest charge so there is a risk reward system to it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Fox:
1634789954127.png

Smart Bomb:
Taking more from its Smash appearance, the Smart Bomb is a Bob-Omb-style explosive item that starts small, but the initial blast starts off as the size of a Koopa Shell, but slowly expands to the size of the usual Bob-Omb blast radius at the end.

Job 78:
New Racetrack:
Corneria (Star Fox)

All players start from Cornerian Base tunnel as form of Gliding and they glide out to outdoors resembling Star Fox Zero and they land on track, where it's anti-gravity part on Arwing Base with flying arwings that occasionally shoot you and after Anti-gravity part you'll go on portion of Corneria from SF 64 and it's another Anti-Gravity track and you're riding on building and dodging Arwings again, and after that, you're gonna ride on ramp that takes you to Star Fox Zero drifting part around Tower and the Gigarilla is in the Background, watching the Race.

Next part is like Mute City, but with Wolfens that can shoot you or even crash at you and after that, you're Gliding to Attack Carrier that acts as small portion of track, where you ride on it's roof and next Part is going to Cornerian City like in previous part, but it's has a lot of Anti-Gravity Tracks and afterwards of riding on crazy Anti-gravity tracks, you're going underwater that has layout similarly to Aquas, but there tunnel that leads you after underwater part and youre going back to Cornerian Tunnel, where you Started. Also, the Finish/Start line gate has texture based on Polygons, referencing Star Fox SNES.
That track loops and the song in this track is Remixed version of Corneria (SNES) from Brawl.

Returning Racetrack:
ExciteBike Arena

The only change is that Boulder from ExciteTruck appears on middle of Grass of this Track.

Job 79:
Venom Battlefield

It could have shape of Octagon and there are Symmetrically generated Venomian Walls and item boxes. There are ramps to jump over them. In Background, Andross (Zero Form) watches over the Battle on Venom Battlefield.

NES Console Platform

It could have shape like NES from Upper view and it won't have any walls on middle like Gamecube Map, but there are on edges of the map, which it acts like Barriers to prevent falling from NES console. The Background it could be Living Room similar to SSB 64's opening (But it's in Modern Incarnatio), where it showed living Room and the NES locates on Floor in front of TV.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Excitebike Arena is the next retro track

Job 79:
Venom Battlefield

It could have shape of Octagon and there are Symmetrically generated Venomian Walls and item boxes. There are ramps to jump over them. In Background, Andross (Zero Form) watches over the Battle on Venom Battlefield.

NES Console Platform

It could have shape like NES from Upper view and it won't have any walls on middle like Gamecube Map, but there are on edges of the map, which it acts like Barriers to prevent falling from NES console. The Background it could be Living Room similar to SSB 64's opening (But it's in Modern Incarnatio), where it showed living Room and the NES locates on Floor in front of TV.
Only one track can be submitted for this job.

Submissions will continue for a few more hours.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
NES Advantage (Battle course)

You can probably tell how this course plays. - The joystick smashes down into the ground and you can fall into it or the player 1/2 switch. The wire is layed out around the Advantage and can make for a tricky retreat.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-25.jpg

ROB Testing Facility

This arena is separated in two areas, a circular arena with a giant ROB looking ahead, and a box resembling the setting of Gyromite

The ROB area has giant spinning tops acting as obstacles, the twist is that when the tops move, the walls and barriers in the gyro mite area change, either causing red, blue, or yellow barriers to rise and fall depending on the pattern the tops follow, the giant ROB can be manipulated to change the top patterns by going though colored gates in the gyro mite area which will cause barriers to lower based on the color and the top patterns will change on the ROB area, making the arena extremely dynamic and chaotic. At the last few minuetes the giant ROB will shoot lasers cause select walls of the arena wo be covered in colored electricity will will change its location based on which gates the player passes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Duck Glider
FB0D2D64-4706-420F-82A4-490E2CDAE205.jpeg
B.A. Wheels
Climber Cruiser (coloured pink and blue)

Speed: 3/5
Acceleration: 1/5
Handling: 5/5
Arwing

Speed: 5/5
Acceleration: 4/5
Handling: 1/5
Arwing FX

Speed: 5/5
Acceleration: 1/5
Handling: 4/5
A9DF222E-F974-4F4D-8E81-8441EC06C222.jpeg
Mighty Gyro (Wheel)
Star Fox Wheel (looks similar to the pin, but as a wheel instead and with blue lights circling it)
Black Box (Glider - shows boxes chosen each character - for example, SMB1 for Mario; DK Jr. for DK Jr., Wrecking Crew for Waluigi, Wild Gunman for Nabbit, Duck Hunt should we add Dribble, so on)
Promo Kite (Glider - just a kite of the FX chip logo)
New third party: Sonic

I'm sorry Pipsy. It's for the stylistic choice...

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Will this third party guest be in the same pack as Fox and ROB? and on that note, when will we do the rest of Fox and ROB's racetracks?
Yes they are part of the same pack, this first one is mainly a variety DLC pack and after we submit the Third Party's track we will go back and add some more tracks and then finish with the last driver in the pack and their track.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

cashregister9

Smash Hero
why are we submitting characters who do not remotely fit the aesthetic

that being said, if Leon or Cloud do win, I'm willing to have a go at making cartoony redesigns fit for Mario Kart.
Gotta be honest here it's because it's funny. Seeing snake in brawl next to Mario will never not be funny tbh.

Although realistic characters would get more vibrant colors and bouncier animations.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gotta be honest here it's because it's funny. Seeing snake in brawl next to Mario will never not be funny tbh.

Although realistic characters would get more vibrant colors and bouncier animations.
Valid - I do have some funny ideas for how a Marified Leon would look, so even if I don't really want him there I could still have some fun.

Though, with my submissions and votes I more think through the lens of MK's core family audience - like digging up obscure characters who would still appeal and fit in from a glance if you're unfamiliar with them.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Honestly, if you are looking for 3rd Party characters that make sense, why not just consider Geno and Mallow? Both are heavily requested characters for anything Mario related at this point and could even bring over some Chocobo Racing inspired karts to continue the healthy Nintendo/Square Enix relationship.

That's really the only realistic 3rd party representation in Mario Kart I would approve of. I think the extent of who we should consider participating outside of Mario would be the likes of Link and Kirby (or even someone like Mach Rider if you really want to go out there)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, if you are looking for 3rd Party characters that make sense, why not just consider Geno and Mallow? Both are heavily requested characters for anything Mario related at this point and could even bring over some Chocobo Racing inspired karts to continue the healthy Nintendo/Square Enix relationship.

That's really the only realistic 3rd party representation in Mario Kart I would approve of. I think the extent of who we should consider participating outside of Mario would be the likes of Link and Kirby (or even someone like Mach Rider if you really want to go out there)
Or the Diddy Kong Racers. I had actually submitted Pipsy but replaced her with Sonic because I really didn't like the other submissions for this job and I wanted to play dirty.

Third Party Submission (Which it doesn't make anything about Nintendo Game):
Pacman

Pacman is Character from Pacman Series and he is Namco's Mascot. He appeared in crossover of Mario Kart Arcade, which he appeared.
His Special item could be Giant Voxel Pacman that destroys karts like Insane Pac.

So, that's why I picked him.

Top Bottom