• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Classic
2. Gerudo
3. Fierce Diety

1. Armored
2. TP
3. HW

1. HW
2. Sheik
3. TP

Skin-Centric Franchise

Funko POP!

IMG_9522.jpeg

Racer: Freddy Funko (Skins: Freddy in Spider-Man Costume, Freddy in SpongeBob costume, Freddy in Batman costume)

Basically, this figure line is a pop culture juggernaut. Given the fact that a lot of the seasons in this game have had Funko POPs, we can have a fun season dedicated to them with the mascot Freddy Funko gaining skins based off of various Funko POPs! We need more toy franchises as well in DriDim so why not go with a toy line very based around pop culture itself?

Content:

1 Racer being Freddy Funko himself
1 Vehicle
19 Skins, all being crossover skins for Freddy Funko based on Funko POP! figures based off of racers in DriDim.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
LEGO

IMG_9523.png
IMG_9523.png

Skins: LEGO Mario, LEGO Batman, LEGO Yoda

I have submitted LEGO before and I do remember some others have but I feel we need more toy franchises to gain seasons for Drifting Dimensions. LEGO is just too iconic and there’s lots we can do for skins and other content.

Content:

4 Racers
5 Vehicles
3 Tracks
9 Skins
I will allow this, but the skins will have to be for a new minifig character and not the existing characters due to proportions.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I just switched it to Funko, please let me know if my submission is ok.
Should be fine, but I should note that the skins here don't have to be the base character in a costume. They can just be Batman as a Funko Pop - should probably note that SpongeBob may not be elegible too due to proportions

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Should be fine, but I should note that the skins here don't have to be the base character in a costume. They can just be Batman as a Funko Pop - should probably note that SpongeBob may not be elegible too due to proportions
I feel the Freddy Funko idea is funnier/makes more sense to me since well…Freddy Funko is a pop culture junkie himself.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Link
BotW
Fierce Diety
Biker

Zelda
Sheik
TotK
Warriors

Ganon
TotK
Malice
Armor

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Fortnite

images.jpeg

Fortnite is a Battle Royale game very popular,this game have various collabs with other characters

First skins: Spider-Man Zero,Fortnite Darth Vader and Fortnite Goku

Content
-1 track
-20 akins

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fortnite

View attachment 373347

Fortnite is a Battle Royale game very popular,this game have various collabs with other characters

First skins: Spider-Man Zero,Fortnite Darth Vader and Fortnite Goku

Content
-1 track
-20 akins
I don't think I can allow this, since Fortnite Darth Vader and Fortnite Goku don't have any noticeable differences from their base counterparts.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Skin-centric franchise: The Most Powerful Transformations

Now this isn’t technically an IP but this season would be for transformations or power ups each character has had in their past. I think there’s a lot of material we could potentially work with (it won’t just be dragon ball transformations, we can do mario powerups or any other transformations across series really) and it would make a lot of fans happy.

First three skins: Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Nightmare Luffy, Mega Charizard X

FazDude

Smash Master
Skin Franchise: Barbie

I don't have much personal investment in this franchise, but with the new movie coming soon, I think it's a good time to make use of the insane amount of skin potential. Plus, it'd be cool to have another toy-centric franchise.
  • Two racers: Barbie and Ken
  • One vehicle
  • 12 skins for Barbie, 6 for Ken

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
ignore actually. man i have not liked any of my ideas lol. But I love what we've got so I'm not upset about it or anything

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Mirror Shield will be the third Zelda wheel

Link skin
  1. Archaic Set - 3
  2. Classic - 4
  3. Biker - 5
  4. Gerudo - 7
  5. TP
  6. BOTW - 4
  7. Fierce Deity - 6

Ganondorf skin
  1. Malice - 9
  2. Armoured - 4
  3. TP - 3
  4. Wind Waker - 5
  5. HW - 1
  6. TOTK - 8

Zelda
  1. HW - 9
  2. TOTK - 2
  3. OOT - 1
  4. LTTP - 4
  5. Skyward Sword - 4
  6. TP - 5
  7. Sheik - 5

Supreme - First 3 skins: Goku Drip, Patrick Drip, Ashley Drip

21 skins, all 100% drippin'.

Zelda
  1. TP
  2. LTTP
  3. OOT
Link
  1. Archaic
  2. Gerudo
  3. Fierce

Ganon
  1. Malice
  2. TOTK
  3. Wind Waker
1. Classic
2. Gerudo
3. Fierce Diety

1. Armored
2. TP
3. HW

1. HW
2. Sheik
3. TP

Skin-Centric Franchise

Funko POP!

View attachment 373345

Racer: Freddy Funko (Skins: Freddy in Spider-Man Costume, Freddy in SpongeBob costume, Freddy in Batman costume)

Basically, this figure line is a pop culture juggernaut. Given the fact that a lot of the seasons in this game have had Funko POPs, we can have a fun season dedicated to them with the mascot Freddy Funko gaining skins based off of various Funko POPs! We need more toy franchises as well in DriDim so why not go with a toy line very based around pop culture itself?

Content:

1 Racer being Freddy Funko himself
1 Vehicle
19 Skins, all being crossover skins for Freddy Funko based on Funko POP! figures based off of racers in DriDim.
Skin-centric franchise: The Most Powerful Transformations

Now this isn’t technically an IP but this season would be for transformations or power ups each character has had in their past. I think there’s a lot of material we could potentially work with (it won’t just be dragon ball transformations, we can do mario powerups or any other transformations across series really) and it would make a lot of fans happy.

First three skins: Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Nightmare Luffy, Mega Charizard X
Skin Franchise: Barbie

I don't have much personal investment in this franchise, but with the new movie coming soon, I think it's a good time to make use of the insane amount of skin potential. Plus, it'd be cool to have another toy-centric franchise.
  • Two racers: Barbie and Ken
  • One vehicle
  • 12 skins for Barbie, 6 for Ken
Low Polygon/Early 3D Gaming

Not sure this would work but the only idea I really had, This era had a unique style to the characters & environments that i think would be fun to see repped here.

Mario (Mario 64)
Sonic (Sonic R)
Cloud (Ehrgiez FF7 Guest)

Zombies
The hordes of the undead have arrived. This season would feature a generic zombie character, and then the rest of the season would be skins for other characters

Zombie Mario
Zombie Spider-Man
Zombie Homer
  1. Zombies
  2. Low Polygon
  3. Barbie
  4. The Most Powerful Transformations
  5. Funko Pop
  6. Supreme

Please vote for your top 3
  1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 1

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a second world for mission mode!
Please submit a set of between 5 and 9 objectives on a set of tracks, and a boss. This boss should be based on a playable racer, but doesn't need to be in a kart or the same as one of their skins (for instance, you could have Giga Bowser running amok even though he isn't one of Bowser's skins) The tracks featured should also be existing tracks. Please make sure that all tracks featured have a single theme. For reference, this is what the previous world looked like
Mission mode level 1
(I’m imagining these all mostly being themed around one common element between tracks. Here it would be cities.)
Mission 1: New York City - Disable ten green goblin pumpkin bombs
Mission 2: City Escape - Hit 5 ramps
Mission 3: South Town - Hit ten racers
Mission 4: Boston, Monkeychussets - Collect three apes (unlike gobby’s bombs they try to run away)
Mission 5: Midgar Expressway - Beat a lap in a certain amount of time
Mission 6: Springfield Tour - Beat three rivals
Boss: Red Goblin

This symbiote suiting version of good ol’ Gobby flies around the top of a New York building, normally unable to be hit. He throws pumpkin bombs which can be hit back at him by pressing a switch, causing a wall to pop up. Once hit four times he’s defeated. He also has an attack where vines of symbiote will appear from the building to attack you.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mission mode 2: Sonic's Adventure
This time you're forced to play as Sonic with the running feet kart.

1. Jellyfish Fields - Beat a certain time with no rival racers
  2. Temple - Find and activate 4 switches, you have 3 rival racers (Preston (Wool UFO), Bebop and Rocksteady (Master Cycle), Midna (Rodan)) which will try to deactivate them.
  3. New York City - Beat a certain time with no rival racers but an insane amount of bumpers around to knock you around, for better or worse.
  4. Digging Drive - Race 3 laps against the Space Kook (Polar Tang) with an underwater effect, stopping to collect bubbles whenever needed.
  5. Midgar Expressway - A team race, your team mates are Tails (running feet), Knuckles (running feet), and Owl (Tortoise); while the opponents are Freiza (running feet), Morbius (running feet), Shredder (Magitek Armour), and Metaton EX (running feet)
  6. Acme Factory - Motobugs will chase you down and try to attack you, lure them into pistons
  7. Furbitten Planet - Optional, collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds in an extremely strict time limit
  8. vs. Dr. Eggman in the Eggmobile on Technodrome - A race, Eggman has a swinging ball so you need to keep distance from him as he passes. If you win Furbitten Planet, you have the Super Sonic skin and an unlimited supply of Speed Shoes

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

2. Transformations
3. oppenheimer part two

Mission Mode 2: Our very special guests!

What is DriDim if not an episode of The Muppets Show with the longest Special Guest block to date? Well, the Special Guests are on the run, and its up to the Muppets to get them back! Basically like that part in the 2011 movie where they kidnap Jack Black.

Mission 1 (Movin' Right Along): Race as Sans on his Trike with rival Kermit. Use tacks and oil tanks to evade the entertainer for at least one minute. If he gets ahead of you, it's game over.
Mission 2 (Pokemon Go): Race as Gonzo on his Lawnmower with rivals Pikachu and Red & Leaf. Gonzo will actually cut down the tall grass he drives over, and the object is to find Pikachu hidden somewhere in it by doing so - but Red & Leaf will throw items to slow your search. Two minute time limit.
Mission 3 (Furbitten Planet): Darth Vader, TIE Fighter, rivals Rowlf (Ghost Organist) X10. Use switches and walls to hide from the search party for at least twenty seconds.
Mission 4 (Movin' Right Along): Batman, Batmobile Tumbler, no rivals. You can't accelerate or back up as there is rope tying the vehicle down, but you can hop to turn around. Use Dummy Wheels to ricochet them off the walls and hit all six nails keeping you down. 1:30 time limit.
Mission 5 (The Muppets Show): Goku, Nimbus Cloud, rival Fozzie Bear. The fight of the century. You fight in the audience portion of the track and try to hit Fozzie three times. Item boxes occasionally appear (Dummy Wheels only). Hit Fozzie three times, but if you hit anyone in the audience, you lose.
Mission 6 (Rainbow Road): Miss Piggy, Balcony Seat, rival Luigi. Basically the opposite of Mission 1, if you don't get ahead of Luigi after 1 minute, you lose the mission.
Mission 7 (Vector Zone): Random Muppet racer, random vehicle, rival Marty/Doc/Einstein. It seems like the Muppets broke something in the space-time continuum by having all these characters from the multiverse on their show at once, so they're being hunted down for it. Normal amount of racers (the other ones just aren't your rivals), however you do have to get first place and Marty/Doc/Einstein get a lot of homing missiles. So you'll either have to take the lead at the very end or keep dipping back a bit to let 2nd place take the bullet for you.
Mission 8 (Mindmasher): Kermit, Muppet Mobile Lab, allies = all non-Muppet racers from earlier, boss rival = Marty/Doc/Einstein, who now use the flying DeLorean and are always hovering above and in front of you. Doc tells you at the beginning of the race that to keep the multiverse intact, you have to bring all of the racers back to their dimensions without harming them, which is exactly what you do. Kinda like when you're bored in GTA so you follow the rules of the road. There are Dummy Wheels and Tacks all around thanks to multiversal rifts and tears, and you have to individually tow your allies to their home areas, so this isn't an easy task, but fittingly difficult for the final mission.

(The bttf characters are the closest thing I think we have to like a TVA/Watcher type character not counting Brrmwasher)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mission mode 2: Sonic's Adventure
This time you're forced to play as Sonic with the running feet kart.

1. Jellyfish Fields - Beat a certain time with no rival racers
  2. Temple - Find and activate 4 switches, you have 3 rival racers (Preston (Wool UFO), Bebop and Rocksteady (Master Cycle), Midna (Rodan)) which will try to deactivate them.
  3. New York City - Beat a certain time with no rival racers but an insane amount of bumpers around to knock you around, for better or worse.
  4. Digging Drive - Race 3 laps against the Space Kook (Polar Tang) with an underwater effect, stopping to collect bubbles whenever needed.
  5. Midgar Expressway - A team race, your team mates are Tails (running feet), Knuckles (running feet), and Owl (Tortoise); while the opponents are Freiza (running feet), Morbius (running feet), Shredder (Magitek Armour), and Metaton EX (running feet)
  6. Acme Factory - Motobugs will chase you down and try to attack you, lure them into pistons
  7. Furbitten Planet - Optional, collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds in an extremely strict time limit
  8. vs. Dr. Eggman in the Eggmobile on Technodrome - A race, Eggman has a swinging ball so you need to keep distance from him as he passes. If you win Furbitten Planet, you have the Super Sonic skin and an unlimited supply of Speed Shoes

2. Transformations
3. oppenheimer part two

Mission Mode 2: Our very special guests!

What is DriDim if not an episode of The Muppets Show with the longest Special Guest block to date? Well, the Special Guests are on the run, and its up to the Muppets to get them back! Basically like that part in the 2011 movie where they kidnap Jack Black.

Mission 1 (Movin' Right Along): Race as Sans on his Trike with rival Kermit. Use tacks and oil tanks to evade the entertainer for at least one minute. If he gets ahead of you, it's game over.
Mission 2 (Pokemon Go): Race as Gonzo on his Lawnmower with rivals Pikachu and Red & Leaf. Gonzo will actually cut down the tall grass he drives over, and the object is to find Pikachu hidden somewhere in it by doing so - but Red & Leaf will throw items to slow your search. Two minute time limit.
Mission 3 (Furbitten Planet): Darth Vader, TIE Fighter, rivals Rowlf (Ghost Organist) X10. Use switches and walls to hide from the search party for at least twenty seconds.
Mission 4 (Movin' Right Along): Batman, Batmobile Tumbler, no rivals. You can't accelerate or back up as there is rope tying the vehicle down, but you can hop to turn around. Use Dummy Wheels to ricochet them off the walls and hit all six nails keeping you down. 1:30 time limit.
Mission 5 (The Muppets Show): Goku, Nimbus Cloud, rival Fozzie Bear. The fight of the century. You fight in the audience portion of the track and try to hit Fozzie three times. Item boxes occasionally appear (Dummy Wheels only). Hit Fozzie three times, but if you hit anyone in the audience, you lose.
Mission 6 (Rainbow Road): Miss Piggy, Balcony Seat, rival Luigi. Basically the opposite of Mission 1, if you don't get ahead of Luigi after 1 minute, you lose the mission.
Mission 7 (Vector Zone): Random Muppet racer, random vehicle, rival Marty/Doc/Einstein. It seems like the Muppets broke something in the space-time continuum by having all these characters from the multiverse on their show at once, so they're being hunted down for it. Normal amount of racers (the other ones just aren't your rivals), however you do have to get first place and Marty/Doc/Einstein get a lot of homing missiles. So you'll either have to take the lead at the very end or keep dipping back a bit to let 2nd place take the bullet for you.
Mission 8 (Mindmasher): Kermit, Muppet Mobile Lab, allies = all non-Muppet racers from earlier, boss rival = Marty/Doc/Einstein, who now use the flying DeLorean and are always hovering above and in front of you. Doc tells you at the beginning of the race that to keep the multiverse intact, you have to bring all of the racers back to their dimensions without harming them, which is exactly what you do. Kinda like when you're bored in GTA so you follow the rules of the road. There are Dummy Wheels and Tacks all around thanks to multiversal rifts and tears, and you have to individually tow your allies to their home areas, so this isn't an easy task, but fittingly difficult for the final mission.

(The bttf characters are the closest thing I think we have to like a TVA/Watcher type character not counting Brrmwasher)
  1. Sonic's Adventure
  2. Our very special guests...
Please vote here

The skin-centric season will be Low Poly, with the first 3 skins being SM64 Mario, Ehrgeiz Cloud, and Sonic R Sonic! This will be a single-content franchise with 21 skins,

Submit up to 12 Low Poly skins!
These should be for racers already on the roster, we will add 18. I'll also allow voxel interpretations of 2D sprites. Wii, GameCube, Dreamcast, OG Xbox and PS2 stuff is OK. No PS3 or Xbox 360 and onwards unless it's a retro throwback game. Pre-rendered graphics (be those renders, non-game media, or DKC-sorta deals) won't be allowed unless they're as low poly as a game console from our time frame. They can also be completely original - as such, you won't need to submit an image this time.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fighting Polygon Yoshi

PS1 Overworld Cloud

MKDS DK

Australian Bowser

Mario Party 3 Daisy

SA1 DC Sonic

PS1 Overworld Sephiroth

Super FX Link

Voxel RBY Pikachu

NES Voxel TMNT
(credit to Caveofpixels on Twitter)

PS1 Grinch

Melee Yoshi 🤮

Honourable mention to Nicktoons Unite Patrick, what a dopey boi, and Brawl Mario.

Last edited:
Low Poly skins:
Hit and Run Homer (To make him stand-out from regular Homer, he would have 2000's licensed game-esque shading)

1687006271843.png

Spongebob SuperPants Spongebob:
1687006492904.png

PS1 Bubsy
1687006573788.png

DK64 DK
1687006630774.png

PS1 Shrek
1687006725376.png

SA1 DC Tails
1687006788024.png

PS2 Shaggy & scooby
1687006987747.png
1687007015146.png

NES Voxel Batman
1687007081069.png

Nicktoons Unite Patrick
1687007138311.png

N64 Spiderman
1687007181571.png

Brawl Mario
1687007285701.png

PS1/Lost in Time Bugs Bunny
1687007410598.png

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Low Poky Skins

Voxel OG Princess Toadstool

IMG_9595.png

64 bit Kermit from Muppet Racing

IMG_9598.jpeg

8 Bit Grimace from that new GBC game/GBC Grimace

IMG_9602.jpeg

Simpsons Arcade Bart

IMG_9603.jpeg

V-Smile SpongeBob and Patrick

IMG_9604.jpeg

16-bit Donkey Kong with sprite artifacts (SNES)

IMG_9605.jpeg

Shrek Super Slam Donkey (with 2000s licensed game lighting)

IMG_9606.jpeg

Game Boy Advance The Cat in The Hat

IMG_9608.png

Polygon Grinch

IMG_9609.png

Voxel Gameboy Wario

IMG_9610.jpeg

Project Zoo Wallace and Gromit (with 2000s licensed game lighting)

IMG_9612.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom