• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Cartoon Villainous(Currently Working On: The Base Set)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Voting Round:
  1. "Everything I touch is food for my hunger. My hunger for power!"
  2. "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire is not enough."
  3. "I belong to nobody!"
Job #07: While Megatron's repeated clashes with Optimus Prime are well-known, another element of Transformers lore that I've uncovered with about ten minutes of Googling is the actual reason why the Autobots and the Decepticons came to Earth in the first place. Specifically, a war of millions of years drained Cybertron of energy, and when the Autobots headed into space to try and find more resources with which to survive, the Decepticons boarded their Ark and crash-landed it on pre-historic Earth.

With that in mind, Megatron's basic goal would be to acquire resources and assert dominance. With this in mind, his objective would be as follows: Start your turn with an Ally at each location, and with 10 "Resources". Specifically, while Megatron's main gimmick would be that he can quite rapidly acquire Power, he can trade Power tokens for Resource tokens - at the cost of losing access to that Power and its effects.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting Time is Over!

• "Nobody Summons Megatron!" - 0 votes
  • "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire is not Enough." - 4 votes
  • "I belong to Nobody!" - 9 votes
  • "Such Heroic Nonsense" - 4 votes
  • "Everything I Touch is Food for my Hunger. My Hunger for Power!" - 13 votes
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Quote will be chosen!

And for Job 7...
  • Have an Ally in each location and defeat Optimus Prime(MartianSnake)
  • Defeat Optimus Prime when he is your Location(Me)
  • Start your Turn with an Ally at each location and with 10 Resources(KneeOfJustice99)

Vote for your Top 2 with your vote not in first.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Start your Turn with an Ally at each location and with 10 Resources
2. Have an Ally in each location and defeat Optimus Prime

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Start your Turn with an Ally at each location and with 10 Resources
2. Have an ally in each location and defeat Optimus Prime

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting Time is Over!

• Have an Ally in each location and defeat Optimus Prime - 4 votes
  • Defeat Optimus Prime when he is your Location - 0 votes
  • Start your Turn with an Ally at each location and with 10 Resources - 5 votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's choice of objective for Megatron has been selected!

Job 8: Submit 4 Locations for Megatron's
Realm.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Misc.: Okay, random really small thing, but one suggestion I'd like to make with Megatron's Objective is: could we replace the word "Resources" with "Energon"? I've done a little more research to try and find some decent locations for his Realm, and apparently Energon is the catch-all for most of the fuel they use in the Transformers series. Don't worry if not, I've only just found this out now!

Job #08:
In an attempt to try and fit in better with his specific goal, I'm going to suggest that most of Megatron's locations would take place on Earth. Even so - there's plenty of iconic locations we can pull from here! Specifically, these are:

Location NameDecepticon HeadquartersAutobot CitySpace BridgeCybertron
1710042237264.png
Gameplay Notes
Nothing of particular note.Nothing of particular note. However, a lot of Enemies (ie, Autobots) tend to be played to this card by default.It's required to have an Ally already played on Space Bridge in order to bring Cybertron into Earth's orbit and make it accessible, just like in The Ultimate Doom. Only accessible while an Ally is played on Space Bridge - meaning, if an Ally is removed from Space Bridge while you're here, you're stranded until another one is placed there.
Appearance Notes
Based on the underwater headquarters seen throughout the G1 cartoon series, which itself was built around where the Decepticon's ship crash-landed.Based on Autobot City's undamaged appearance in the 1986 movie. Of course, you can bet it'll be damaged after Megatron is finished with it.Based on the Space Bridge's appearance in the The Ultimate Doom multi-part arc in Series 1 of the G1 cartoon. Based mostly on Cybertron's appearance in the 1986 movie rather than just the cartoons.

I think this'd lend well to his Realm. Plus, it gives him a little bit of a hitch in actually attaining his Objective.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Misc.: Okay, random really small thing, but one suggestion I'd like to make with Megatron's Objective is: could we replace the word "Resources" with "Energon"? I've done a little more research to try and find some decent locations for his Realm, and apparently Energon is the catch-all for most of the fuel they use in the Transformers series. Don't worry if not, I've only just found this out now!
Yeah, I can change it.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submission Time is Over! Also, I noticed that for both suggestions, Deception Headquarters is the leftmost location and Cybertron is the rightmost location which I thought was interesting. But anyways...

• My Realm(Deception HQ, Battlefield, Teletraan 1 and Cybertron)
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Realm(Deception HQ, Autobot City, Space Bridge and Cybertron)
Vote for only one and it can't be your own!

Also I was going to have Crossover Card Submissions be their own job separate from the deck, but I decided to merge both together so... Submissions for Megatron's Villain Deck and Fate Deck are open! There's no time limit on it and will end when someone submits their idea. Our discussions will lead to different villains having different requirements for their cards(Megatron must at least have 4 allies in his villain deck.) but they must have 30 cards in their Villain Deck(Including their Crossover Card) and must have 15 cards in the Fate Deck.

Now with our first villain nearly done...

Job 9: How many villains should be in the base game?(10 is the highest and 4 is the lowest)

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Ooohohohoho very excited to submit some cards! But first!

Voting for knee's locations

And

Job 9:

6 villains, same as the original base set for disney villainous. I'm fine with anything lower, but anything higher would be too much.

If I can't submit a Starscream card, someone please give it the capability to backstab megatron somehow

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Submission Time is Over! Also, I noticed that for both suggestions, Deception Headquarters is the leftmost location and Cybertron is the rightmost location which I thought was interesting. But anyways...

• KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Realm(Deception HQ, Autobot City, Space Bridge and Cybertron)

Also I was going to have Crossover Card Submissions be their own job separate from the deck, but I decided to merge both together so... Submissions for Megatron's Villain Deck and Fate Deck are open! There's no time limit on it and will end when someone submits their idea. Our discussions will lead to different villains having different requirements for their cards(Megatron must at least have 4 allies in his villain deck.) but they must have 30 cards in their Villain Deck(Including their Crossover Card) and must have 15 cards in the Fate Deck.

Job 9: How many villains should be in the base game?(10 is the highest and 4 is the lowest)
Also, is it possible you can give an explanation of the card types for people here who haven't played the game. Like effects, allies, heroes, etc. I feel like it'd be helpful for getting more card submissions?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Voting: Given I was one of the submitters, I'll be voting for Qwerty UIOP's Realm.

Job #09: I reckon six would be a happy medium. It gives us space to pull from a wide variety of sources while not having to worry too much about overlap.

Discussion Round: Random thing to add, but here's some links to the wiki page explaining Villain Decks and Fate Decks. At their most basic level, a Villain Deck is customised to each villain in order to help them attain their objective, including things like allies - whereas a Fate Deck is intended to hinder a villain in some way, usually including Heroes.

I'll probably take a crack at some decks at some point, I'll just need to pore through some examples first. Admittedly, I'd also need to wait until we have a definitive vote for what Realm we'd use for Megatron though.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Also, is it possible you can give an explanation of the card types for people here who haven't played the game. Like effects, allies, heroes, etc. I feel like it'd be helpful for getting more card submissions?
Sure thing...I don't expect someone to complete both the villain and fate deck by the time jobs usually end tomorrow, in fact, I expect it to take a while but some explanation would be useful.

• Ally - Exclusive to villain decks and represent your villain's henchmen, helpers or pets. Most Allies have an ability that affect other cards or actions. Once an Ally is in your realm, you can keep it for its ability or use it to defeat a hero.
  • Condition - Exclusive to villain decks. These cards can only be played if another villain meets a certain condition.
  • Crossover - A card type exclusive to Cartoon Villainous. Each villain has only one. Either represents a powerful artifact, something used for transportation or something similar.
  • Effect - Produces an immediate effect before being discarded.
  • Hero - Exclusive to fate decks and represent the people trying to stop your villain's plans. Heroes can prevent useful actions that a villain can do and has an ability that makes it harder for the villain to complete their goal.
  • Item - Attaches to Allies/Heroes and affects other cards/actions

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Wait

Wait, do we have to submit the entire deck at once, or can we submit individual card ideas

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Wait

Wait, do we have to submit the entire deck at once, or can we submit individual card ideas
I was planning on the entire thing at once, similar to how moveset jobs are done. You can post the Villain Deck and the Fate Deck separately if you want.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on the entire thing at once, similar to how moveset jobs are done. You can post the Villain Deck and the Fate Deck separately if you want.
I feel like there's an issue there in that there's a lot of cards

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I feel like there's an issue there in that there's a lot of cards
I see. Thanks for letting me know. I'll separate the Deck jobs by the types of cards in the deck(Ally/Condition/Crossover/Effect/Item for the Villain Deck and Condition/Hero/Item for the Fate Deck) if that works for you.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I see. Thanks for letting me know. I'll separate the Deck jobs by the types of cards in the deck(Ally/Condition/Crossover/Effect/Item for the Villain Deck and Condition/Hero/Item for the Fate Deck) if that works for you.
I feel like that'd help make things more digestible yeah, thanks!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
OK, it's a little late but it's that time again...

For Job 8, it's mostly unanimous, KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Locations have been chosed! What's also mostly unanimous is that our base set will have Six Villains in it!

And before I announce the new job however, I'm changing how the Deck Jobs work. Now the types of card in both Villain and Fate decks will get their own job! So...Job 10: Submit Ally Cards for Megatron's Deck(His goal requires one in each location so he must have at least 4.) This job will be up until Thursday to give people time to work on it.

Also...I feel like it's about time we submit a new villain to our roster. Since we have a TV show originating villain in our roster already...Job 11: Submit a Movie Villain! Villains from Disney and Anime can be suggested as long as they haven't been represented in Disney Villainous or Anime Villainous respectively.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Movie Villain

Tai Lung (Kung Fu Panda)

Tai-Lung-fire-attack.png

With Kung Fu Panda 4 officially out and this being one of the iconic DreamWorks properties out there currently (nowhere near Shrek's popularity), Tai Lung would be a very fun addition where his goal can be to defeat Po and the Furious Five.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Ally submissions:

Thundercracker - No additional ability. (Costs 1 power, has 2 strength) (2 copies)

Skywarp - Activate: Move a Hero card to an adjacent location. (Costs 1 power, has 2 strength) (2 copies)

Soundwave - Heroes on this card's location get -1 Strength. Activate: If this card defeats a hero, gain 1 Energon. (costs 2 power, has 3 strength)

Shockwave - This card can only be played on Cybertron. If this card defeats a hero, gain 1 Energon. (costs 2 power, has 4 strength).

Starscream - This card MUST be played if drawn and MUST attack a hero if one is at it's location.

If Megatron is at its location, flip a coin. If Heads, draw from the Villain Deck. If Tails, draw from the Fate Deck. If this card defeats a hero, lose 2 Energon. (Costs 0 power, has 4 strength)

Please tell me if you think any of these are awful or unbalanced. Especially with starscream.

Movie Villain Submission:
Fairygodmother(Shrek).jpg

Fairy Godmother (Shrek 2)

Shrek 2 is an iconic film, and Fairy Godmother is a fun Villain with a unique scheme. Would also be good to have a female Villain in the base set.

I'm imagining her goal could involve getting Prince Charming and Fiona together, while keeping Shrek and his friends off of the board.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #011: Okay, one thing before I start - what are we defining a "cartoon" as? I mainly ask because I was always under the impression that a "cartoon" specifically refers to either an exaggerated caricature or a 2D animation manufactured with a series of "drawings" (or maybe cells)? I mainly ask because it'd be nice to have some indication of whether this is supposed to be moreso a general-purpose "animation" kinda deal, or specifically cartoons - after all, if the latter, it'd mean that other forms of animation (ie, 3D animation) wouldn't technically be allowed, but I'm well aware I'm sort of being facetious. That aside...

Character Name: Wile E. Coyote
Character Origin: Fast and Furry-ous (1949, Warner Bros.)

The iconic, cunning, and very hungry Wile. E Coyote feels like he'd be a really interesting candidate for this lineup, considering he's a very different type of villain to Megatron despite being arguably no less iconic to a certain extent. His greater focus on slapstick (as well as his ability to represent the Looney Tunes, which are a pretty massive piece of animation history) would easily give him a unique vibe - and his use of elaborate traps and ACME-branded equipment feels like it could lend to a really unique playstyle overall. Side note, but I'm 90% certain the coyote is applicable for this job given Fast and Furry-ous was a theatrical cartoon short released in cinemas. That said, if this is considered too distant from "film", feel free to let me know.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job #011: Okay, one thing before I start - what are we defining a "cartoon" as? I mainly ask because I was always under the impression that a "cartoon" specifically refers to either an exaggerated caricature or a 2D animation manufactured with a series of "drawings" (or maybe cells)? I mainly ask because it'd be nice to have some indication of whether this is supposed to be moreso a general-purpose "animation" kinda deal, or specifically cartoons - after all, if the latter, it'd mean that other forms of animation (ie, 3D animation) wouldn't technically be allowed, but I'm well aware I'm sort of being facetious. That aside...

Character Name: Wile E. Coyote
Character Origin: Fast and Furry-ous (1949, Warner Bros.)

The iconic, cunning, and very hungry Wile. E Coyote feels like he'd be a really interesting candidate for this lineup, considering he's a very different type of villain to Megatron despite being arguably no less iconic to a certain extent. His greater focus on slapstick (as well as his ability to represent the Looney Tunes, which are a pretty massive piece of animation history) would easily give him a unique vibe - and his use of elaborate traps and ACME-branded equipment feels like it could lend to a really unique playstyle overall. Side note, but I'm 90% certain the coyote is applicable for this job given Fast and Furry-ous was a theatrical cartoon short released in cinemas. That said, if this is considered too distant from "film", feel free to let me know.
I'm considering "Cartoon" as in animation as a whole, even though it's technically not correct. That way we could include stuff like 3D Animation and Stop-Motion villains as an option. Also, I'm willing to accept Wile E. Coyote for this job and the movies don't have to be theatrically released.

Speaking of stop motion...

Job 11: The Other Mother(Coraline)

Coraline is one of the most popular stop motion movies of all time. Will add a female/stop-motion rep to the game.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Here's my idea for Allies for Megatron

I also noticed that my and MartianSnake MartianSnake 's list of allies are the same except I have an extra ally.

Megatron has a total of 6 Allies
Rumor: Leader Astrotrain coming to Siege - Transformers

Astrotrain​
# of Copies: 1

Ability:

When Astrotrain is played, Move an Ally to a location where there is none​

Shockwave​

Ability:

When Shockwave is played, defeat every Hero in his Location​

Skywarp​

Ability:

When a Hero is defeated in Skywarp’s Location, trade 2 Power to gain 2 Energon​

Soundwave​

Ability:

Gain 1 Energon for each Item in Soundwave’s Location​

Starscream​

Ability:

Gain 1 Energon for each villain in your Realm and Lose 1 Energon for each Hero in your Realm​
Thundercracker (G1)/Generation 1 cartoon continuity - Transformers Wiki

Thundercracker​

Ability:

This location gains a “Vanquish” Action​

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Alright, Submission time is over and Voting will Begin!

Vote for your Top 3 with your submission not in first. Reminder: Suggestions for Megatron's Allies are still open!

Top Bottom