• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Cartoon Villainous(Currently Working On: The Base Set)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Villainous Logo Development — JAKE BREISH
For those of you who don’t know, Villainous is a board game created by Ravensburger where the idea is simple: Play as iconic Disney Villains and see who completes their goal first. This board game ended up being so popular, it had a fanbase come up with new villains and even some fanmade spin-offs in “Anime Villainous” and “Universal Monsters Villainous”. Our goal for this thread is to see if we can make a third spin-off with a new theme.

Have fun and may the best villain win.

Megatron(Transformers)
Submitted by AlteredBeast
“That’s because everything I touch is food for my hunger. My hunger for power!”

Megatron is one of the 6 villains in the Cartoon Villainous Base Game, Best of the Worst.

Megatron is the main antagonist of the 80s Transformers Cartoon and a major antagonist of the 1986 Transformers Movie. He is voiced by Frank Welker.

Objective:
Megatron must have an ally in each location and have 10 Energon

Quote by AlteredBeast

Objective by KneeOfJustice99

Wile E. Coyote(Looney Tunes)
Submitted by KneeOfJustice99
“Coyote (Carnivorous Vulgaris)”

Wile E. Coyote is one of the 6 villains in the Cartoon Villainous Base Game, Best of the Worst.

Wile E. Coyote is the main antagonist of the Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner Cartoons. He is voiced by Mel Blanc.

Objective:
Stop Road Runner in his tracks, then defeat him.

Quote by MartianSnake

Objective by MartianSnake

Mojo Jojo(Powerpuff Girls)
Submitted by darkvortex darkvortex

Mojo Jojo is one of the 6 villains in the Cartoon Villainous Base Game, Best of the Worst.

Mojo Jojo is a major recurring antagonist in the Powerpuff Girls and the main antagonist of The Powerpuff Girls Movie. He is voiced by Roger L. Jackson.

Objective:
Have an Evil Plan in each Location

Objective by Qwerty UIOP

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 1:Submit a Company or General Concept for a theme for the villains (Ex. Nintendo, Warner Bros, etc.) Can be based on one company then expand into a broader concept (Like how Universal Monsters Villainous eventually expanded to be Horror Villains in general). Can’t do Disney, Anime and Horror Villains as the main focus as they already have been originally in Disney's case and in fan-made spin-offs for the rest of them, but anything else is fair game.

Job 2: Who is the Face of Evil for the Base Set based on the theme you suggested(The Character whose silhouette is on the box)? Must be a famous and iconic villain(For example, Maleficent in The Worst Takes It All)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #01: An odd submission, and one I've toyed with elsewhere, but one I think would have a lot of potential - even if it'd have a little bit of overlap with UMV. Specifically, Public Domain. It'd (at its most basic level) include characters in the public domain, and our villainous focus could allow us to really go for some unique and iconic pulls you might not expect at first glance. After all, when you can pull from sources as wide as early film, literature, fairy tales, mythology and urban legends, there's a lot of potential (especially when you consider some more unusual candidates). Seriously, considering you could include characters like Spring-Heeled Jack, Maria, the Mothman, Arsene Lupin, the Martians, Medusa, Fantomas, Judas, the Big Bad Wolf, Count Dracula and so forth, there's a lot you could do with that.

Job #02: If you were looking for a particularly iconic and unique villain to act as the face of evil for that sort of thing, there's a lot to choose from... but I would absolutely suggest one of the Martian Tripods as seen in The War of the Worlds, given their terrifying presence and iconic nature. If we needed a reference for their appearance, most would point to the 2005 film, but I'd actually point a design based on the real-world simulacra erected in memory of H.G. Wells, found in Woking, London.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Oooh! I love this! I'm a pretty big Villainous fan, so I'll definitely try to participate.

Job #01:

My suggestion is going to be incredibly specific and I highly doubt it'd win the vote but hear me out.

Scooby-Doo Villainous!

Scooby-Doo is a franchise that anyone young or old is familiar with. It's got quite the backlog of villains thanks to decades of shows, movies, games, comics, and more! There's a lot of variety here. Scooby-Doo is also known for its copious crossovers, so maybe we can throw in a batman themed expansion at some point!

I really adore Scooby-Doo, and I've wanted a game like this for ages. Here's hoping it's got a chance!

Job #02:

Alright, so I'd definitely want the headline villain to be a classic. An OG monster from the original series.

I debated making The Creeper, Spooky Space Kook, or Charlie the Funland Robot the lead, but there's one obvious option I can't ignore.

The Black Knight

The first villain in the entire scooby franchise, he's pretty iconic, imo.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 1:

Nintendo Villainous

Nintendo is a popular video game franchise with famous villains. Will focus mainly on Nintendo Villains in the beginning but eventually would bring in villains from other video game companies like how Disney Villainous eventually added Pixar Villains to their roster.

Job 2: Face of Evil for the Base Set

Bowser

Kind of a no-brainer. He's probably the first villain that comes to your mind when you think of Nintendo villains.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I've seen Villainous but never really knew much about it but...

Job 1

Cartoon Villainous

Kind of like my Kingdom Hearts AU thread where...it's the greatest of cartoon villains clashing. A lot of potential here excluding Disney villains and anime villains in this case.

Job 2

Megatron from Transformers. Despite being from a toy brand. Transformers is also iconic in the cartoon department so he works well here as the silhouette.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord

Job 1

Cartoon Villainous

Kind of like my Kingdom Hearts AU thread where...it's the greatest of cartoon villains clashing. A lot of potential here excluding Disney villains and anime villains in this case.

Job 2

Megatron from Transformers. Despite being from a toy brand. Transformers is also iconic in the cartoon department so he works well here as the silhouette.
Just to let you know...Disney, Anime and Horror Villains aren't excluded, I just said they should not be the main focus. If this does get picked, Disney villains can be accepted.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1: Comic Book Villainous

my submission will be villains originated from Comic Books, but it's not just Marvel/DC villains, non-superhero and non-Marvel/DC villains are allowed, web comics villains are also allowed

Job 2: Joker (DC Universe)

i also can choose other villains as Lex Luthor, Green Goblin, Doctor Doom and others, but i think that Joker is a best choice,he is the most iconic Batman villain

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job #01: An odd submission, and one I've toyed with elsewhere, but one I think would have a lot of potential - even if it'd have a little bit of overlap with UMV. Specifically, Public Domain. It'd (at its most basic level) include characters in the public domain, and our villainous focus could allow us to really go for some unique and iconic pulls you might not expect at first glance. After all, when you can pull from sources as wide as early film, literature, fairy tales, mythology and urban legends, there's a lot of potential (especially when you consider some more unusual candidates). Seriously, considering you could include characters like Spring-Heeled Jack, Maria, the Mothman, Arsene Lupin, the Martians, Medusa, Fantomas, Judas, the Big Bad Wolf, Count Dracula and so forth, there's a lot you could do with that.

Job #02: If you were looking for a particularly iconic and unique villain to act as the face of evil for that sort of thing, there's a lot to choose from... but I would absolutely suggest one of the Martian Tripods as seen in The War of the Worlds, given their terrifying presence and iconic nature. If we needed a reference for their appearance, most would point to the 2005 film, but I'd actually point a design based on the real-world simulacra erected in memory of H.G. Wells, found in Woking, London.

Oooh! I love this! I'm a pretty big Villainous fan, so I'll definitely try to participate.

Job #01:

My suggestion is going to be incredibly specific and I highly doubt it'd win the vote but hear me out.

Scooby-Doo Villainous!

Scooby-Doo is a franchise that anyone young or old is familiar with. It's got quite the backlog of villains thanks to decades of shows, movies, games, comics, and more! There's a lot of variety here. Scooby-Doo is also known for its copious crossovers, so maybe we can throw in a batman themed expansion at some point!

I really adore Scooby-Doo, and I've wanted a game like this for ages. Here's hoping it's got a chance!

Job #02:

Alright, so I'd definitely want the headline villain to be a classic. An OG monster from the original series.

I debated making The Creeper, Spooky Space Kook, or Charlie the Funland Robot the lead, but there's one obvious option I can't ignore.

The Black Knight

The first villain in the entire scooby franchise, he's pretty iconic, imo.
Job 1:

Nintendo Villainous

Nintendo is a popular video game franchise with famous villains. Will focus mainly on Nintendo Villains in the beginning but eventually would bring in villains from other video game companies like how Disney Villainous eventually added Pixar Villains to their roster.

Job 2: Face of Evil for the Base Set

Bowser

Kind of a no-brainer. He's probably the first villain that comes to your mind when you think of Nintendo villains.

Job 1

Cartoon Villainous

Job 2

Job 1: Comic Book Villainous

my submission will be villains originated from Comic Books, but it's not just Marvel/DC villains, non-superhero and non-Marvel/DC villains are allowed, web comics villains are also allowed

Job 2: Joker (DC Universe)

i also can choose other villains as Lex Luthor, Green Goblin, Doctor Doom and others, but i think that Joker is a best choice,he is the most iconic Batman villain
Suggestion time is over! Vote for your Top 3 with your vote in 2nd place or lower

Submissions:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
  1. Cartoon Villainous: Another pretty wide prompt, but one I think would also have a lot of stuff to work with. There's a lot of iconic cartoons and animated series out there, and the decision to immediately open it up to adaptations of other media through Transformers is great.
  2. Comic Book Villainous: I think this one's a great starting point. Obviously, superhero comic villains are some of the most well-known out there - but then the additional option for villains from comics that aren't necessarily superhero-themed is also a pretty cool touch. There may be a little bit of overlap with Marvel's Villainous, but the wider scope means there's potential here.
  3. Nintendo Villainous: I think this does have some potential, though we'd need to get a little creative with it to avoid just having a lot of really obvious candidates (for instance, characters like Bowser, Ganondorf and Ridley would probably be immediate choices that people would submit.) That said, expanding it into the rest of the gaming sphere could be fun if it's kept (mostly) to stuff that has some kind of Nintendo history.
Shoutout to Scooby-Doo Villainous though, it's not something I would have initially thought of but it seems like it'd be pretty cool (if a little niche.) Bonus points if it'd eventually expand out into the rest of the Hanna-Barbera catalogue, Zorak would go unspeakably hard

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Public Domain - (I love the public domain, this would be so fun to do. Would love to see stuff like Krampus, The Invisible Man, or heck, even Disney's own Pete!)
2. Cartoons - (Hoo boy, lotta potential here, would love to see guys like Shredder, Vilgax, or a scooby doo villain or too...
3. Nintendo - (Fun fact, gaming was originally going to be my submission before thinking up Scooby-Doo Villainous. It's certainly fitting for the forums this is based in. Would hope to see some slightly deeper cuts than the tried and true big bad classics. King Boo & Louie from Pikmin spring to mind...

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting time is over!

Results:
Public Domain Villainous + Martain Tripod - 10 votes
Scooby Doo! Villainous + The Black Knight - 0 votes
Nintendo Villainous + Bowser - 8 votes
Cartoon Villainous + Megatron - 11 votes
Comic Book Villainous + The Joker - 7 votes

The main theme of our fan-made villainous spinoff is Animation and our very first villain is Megatron!

Job 3: What is the name of the Base Set? Usually the title of the Base Sets are usually generic titles(Ex. The Worst takes it All, The Battle Begins)

Job 4: Which iteration of Megatron should be represented? Any iteration can be suggested except, for obvious reasons, the Bayverse incarnation.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Job 3:

The Root of all Evil

Feels like a fitting name for what's essentially the starter pack, the "root" of the game so to speak.

I'll be skipping Job 4, as I feel like G1 is the way to go, and that's already submitted.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Best of the Worst
2. Villainy Manefest

Evil Comes Forth is also a great title but cmon

That need to be the name of the fourth set

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting Time is Over!

• The Root of All Evil - 9 votes
  • Best of the Worst - 10 votes
  • Evil Comes Forth - 1 vote
  • Villainy Manifest - 3 votes
The name for our base set is Best of the Worst!

Job 5:
For the other Villainous spin-offs, something changes in the gameplay to make it unique. For Universal Monsters Villainous, all villains have the same goal but different ways to achieve that goal and in Anime Villainous, once someone completes the objective, they enter Showdown mode and only wins when no Heroes are in their Territory. Submit a gameplay feature to make it different from the original and other spin-offs.

Job 6:
Every villain has a villain deck and if you fold it... is the villain's quote. Submit a quote for Megatron (must be from the original 80s cartoon or the 1986 movie)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #05: I think it'd be difficult to suggest a unique take on gameplay that kind of fits into the general theming of "cartoons" in some ways. The more unified themings of, say "Universal Monsters" (a focus on horror and hence characters usually having a similar baseline "goal", ie, eliminate the competition) and "Anime" (which, presuming it refers mostly to Shounen, is characterised by its battles and the like), "cartoons" have quite a lot of variance - when you consider that this could really include any number of villains with very different vibes (such as more serious ones like Megatron, or more slapstick ones like Elmer Fudd for instance.)

Job #06: "I belong to nobody!"

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 5: Crossover Cards

In every villain deck, there would be one crossover card. Crossover cards would have a villain leech of the opponent that the card suggests("Opponent to your right, Opponent to your left, All Opponents, etc.") and forces the opponent to use one card from their deck to benefit the player. Once a Crossover Card's been played, it and the opponent's card can't be used for the rest of the game. In reference to the many crossovers between cartoons over the years.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I like the idea of crossover cards as the gimmick like others have suggested but…

Megatron Quote

"Everything I Touch Is Food For My Hunger. My Hunger For Power!"

This quote was said during Megatron’s first confrontation with Optimus Prime.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submission Time is over! Due to no other submissions, Crossover Cards will be added to the gameplay!

As for Job 6:
  • DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 's Quote("Nobody Summons Megatron!")
  • My Quote("Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire is not enough.")
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Quote("I belong to nobody!")
  • MartianSnake MartianSnake 's Quote("Such heroic nonsense.")
  • AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Quote("Everything I Touch Is Food For My Hunger. My Hunger For Power!")
Vote for your Top 3 with your vote not in 1st

Also...

Job 7: Every villain in the game has an objective to complete in order to win. Submit an Objective for Megatron!(Objectives for the villains in Disney Villainous and Anime Villainous for inspiration)

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
2. KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
3. Self Vote

Job 7:
Especially in the more simple days of G1, the goal of the decepticons has been to rule over all living beings.

BUT, Megatron's got a burning hatred for a certain autobot that should spice things up.

So here's my objective idea:

Take control of every location with your decepticon ally cards, then find and defeat the Optimus Prime hero card.

Top Bottom