• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Metal Sonic - I grew up with the Sonic OVA. My first online handle when I started posting on VGchat in 1999 was "Metal" and later "Metal Sonic". I love Mecha Sonic too. He will always be my bias pick. I love his kicks, his teleportation, and his energy blasts. He's my boy forever and I love him.

2. Blaze - It's a tough choice between her and Jet in my number two spot because I think they both really nail a thing we don't have exactly which is more "modern" Sonic rep. In the end as much as I love Jet for representing the spinoffs and having cool hoverboard powers I'm giving it to Blaze because I like her moveset potential and vibes, and Sonic Rush really was that cool.

3. Chaos - Popular, interesting, and cute, and I agree that when it comes to moveset potential the stretchy limbs and hydrokinesis would be super duper unique. AND adding (sort of) a "boss" this early as playable would really get people talking about the potential behind DLC. Fun pick!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright, it seems to me we've got our bases covered, so I'll go start the vote!

Here are our candidates:

Shadow the Hedgehog ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Jet the Hawk ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Amy Rose (@Darkonedagger)
Blaze the Cat ( tonygameman tonygameman )
Team Chaotix ( OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos )
Eggrobo ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Metal Sonic ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Chaos ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
Cream the Rabbit and Cheese ( osby osby )

Vote for your top 3 picks - keep your own submission in third place if you're going to self-vote.
Okay, here's my take!

1. Metal Sonic. Whilst Shadow might be seen these days as a more accurate "Sonic rival", I think Metal Sonic works better thematically. A representative of both the classic and modern iterations of the Sonic series, a character with a very unique toolkit but thematic similarities, and overall an incredibly cool and interesting pick that feels logical, but not too obvious, I think Metal would be a really cool inclusion, and my vote goes to him as such.
2. Blaze the Cat. A one-time discussed "dark-horse pick", I think Blaze has a lot going for her. Sure, she's no Metal in terms of instant recognition, but a moveset focusing on her various fire-based abilities, and the capacity to represent the Rush series and gameplay, would be really cool and interesting to see. Not to mention, I think she's a pretty cool pick to see here, and would be a surprising but fitting inclusion in my eyes.
3. Chaos. A bit of a wild card pick, but I think Chaos fills the role of a semi-villainous character well. The various Chaos boss-fights all have unique and interesting properties that could be used quite well, Chaos's water-based nature lends well to awesome animations, and the Adventure games are beloved even to this day and seen by some as a high point in the series. Not my first choice, but a cool one nonetheless.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, results time! Drumroll please.......

Shadow: 13 points
Jet: 3 points
Amy: 13 points
Blaze: 11 points
Chaotix: 3 points
Eggrobo: 2 points
Metal: 19 points
Chaos: 7 points
Cream: 1 points

And there we have it! Our first proper DLC character, kicking off Season 1, it's none other than the one, the only, Metal Sonic!!!!! Congrats to Janx_uwu Janx_uwu for getting their submission in!!!!

And so here are our next jobs:

Job #213: Submit a moveset for Metal Sonic

wow cool robot

Here's the usual formula:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. info

And also.......

Job #214: Submit a fourth Sonic stage

Each season, we'll be adding one extra stage from a series that had playable representation in the base game. The next seasons will be a bit more open-ended with this, but in this first season, to accompany our new Sonic character, we're throwing in another Sonic stage. This time, you can submit one from any game in the series. Do try to put some thought into your submission, by the way - consider if it's a notable location, if it's distinguished enough from our current Sonic stages, etc. There's a ton of possibilities here so I want everyone to bring their A-game!

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Hydrocity Zone

(credit to feoeda on deviantart for the layout)
A large stage which essentially follows the layout of the above image. Only real difference is that there won’t be a wall on the left side of the main tunnel in the center so that it would be easier to get out of that area. Also the section in the top right corner is removed. Platforms are semi-solid and being in water will make characters slower and jump less high. There is a lever on the left side of the stage which, when pushed, makes the water go down for about a minute.

Chose this one because I think it would bring variety to the stage list and Hydrocity is a very iconic zone in sonic (in fact it’s my personal favorite from sonic 3). Plus the announcer would be forced to say the name of the stage, and thus pronounce it some way. The online discourse that would create would be great.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Alright, results time! Drumroll please.......

Shadow: 13 points
Jet: 3 points
Amy: 13 points
Blaze: 11 points
Chaotix: 3 points
Eggrobo: 2 points
Metal: 19 points
Chaos: 7 points
Cream: 1 points

And there we have it! Our first proper DLC character, kicking off Season 1, it's none other than the one, the only, Metal Sonic!!!!! Congrats to Janx_uwu Janx_uwu for getting their submission in!!!!

And so here are our next jobs:

Job #213: Submit a moveset for Metal Sonic

wow cool robot

Here's the usual formula:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. info

And also.......

Job #214: Submit a fourth Sonic stage

Each season, we'll be adding one extra stage from a series that had playable representation in the base game. The next seasons will be a bit more open-ended with this, but in this first season, to accompany our new Sonic character, we're throwing in another Sonic stage. This time, you can submit one from any game in the series. Do try to put some thought into your submission, by the way - consider if it's a notable location, if it's distinguished enough from our current Sonic stages, etc. There's a ton of possibilities here so I want everyone to bring their A-game!
Job #213
I'd like to imagine that Metal's playstyle would take inspiration from Sonic's, even if not being identical. My thought process is this - say that Sonic has a forward strong move that has him wind up a punch forward, Metal's would be a powerful and fast claw swipe, though with functional similarities - enough to differentate him as his own character, whilst showing off the inherent connection between him and his organic counterpart. I'd also like to have the chance to represent other Sonic copies if possible: for instance, his neutral aerial would have him curl into a ball similarly to Sonic, but his version would be a spiked ball, much larger than Sonic's and with more damage - in reference to both Sonic 2's Silver Sonic and Sonic 3 & Knuckles's Mecha Sonic. Even so, I still want Metal to be simple enough to be approachable: the first DLC character shouldn't be needlessly complicated with too many mechanics specific to the character. However, I will give one suggestion: he has a unique ability in that his shield takes the form of the Black Shield. It doesn't change balance or anything, it's just a cool visual nod to it.

It's this, to me, that lends well to a glass cannon archetype unlike Sonic's safer rushdown. Whilst Sonic has more potentially defensive options in general, and is a more balanced fighter, Metal's moveset essentially requires him to get all up in your face and get out before he gets hit. Remember, he's just as fast as Sonic - but in his first appearance, all it took to take him out was a wall. Metal players have to use his speed to their advantage, because his slightly heavier frame means he's easy combo food if he's hit. His key theme is just this: whilst Metal is just as fast and powerful as Sonic, he's got to push himself to the limit to perfectly match him.

In terms of specials:

Neutral Special: Plasma Pulse Attack

Pulled from Metal's appearance in Knuckles' Chaotix, as well as featuring later in Sonic: The Fighters, Metal charges a laser-like beam from inside his chest cavity. In this game, I'd have it work more like a projectile: the move typically functions as a cross-arena beam which I don't think would be very suitable for the balancing of a game like this. As such, Metal charges up the attack by holding the neutral special button (which is indicated by a ball of energy forming and growing in both size and intensity in his chest.) Then, when you let go of the button, he fires it out in the form of a powerful, fast-moving laser that temporarily stuns opponents with an electricity effect, before knocking them away. Notably, Metal can use the move quickly if required, though quicker use isn't as powerful - letting go of the button at any time sends the attack out. He's actually even able to move and jump whilst charging the move, though it'll only fire directly forward, and he's not able to attack until the button is let go. Notably as well, when at full charge, the chest cavity will begin to spark and Metal will slowly take minor damage until you let it go - similar to Dedede's down special.

Side Special: V Maximum Overdrive Attack

Nothing new here! Metal Sonic overloads his circuits, with sparks emitting from his body, before enveloping himself in an energy field before launching forward at incredible speed. In keeping with the move's original ability to penetrate almost anything, Metal finds himself temporarily invulnerable whilst using it - but as a tradeoff for its incredible speed and power, it requires a brief recharge to use again, of around 10 seconds. However, unlike moves of it's type, Metal can actually use it again in this timeframe, but will take damage upon doing so, and be left with a lot more end-lag if he does. You'll be able to tell visually if Metal can use the attack, because if he's in his recharging state, the blue sparks will continue to emit from his body and he'll look like he's smoking a little - with this interpretation somewhat being based on the concept of overclocking. The move will normally move forward, but if you hold up or down whilst using it, Metal will move in that direction as he flies.

Up Special: Ring Spark Field

Enveloping himself in energy once more, Metal creates a ring-like field around him of powerful plasmatic energy that shoots bolts in a downward direction, spiking opponents caught within it. However, this comes at a bit of a cost - the move does allow Metal to move semi-freely, but dramatically slows down his movement as he does so, eventually leaving him stationary in the air. Once he reaches a stationary state, he falls from the sky - no longer able to fly under his own power, with it being suggested that he's overheated with similar sparks to his Side Special. Whilst the Ring Spark Field doesn't result in him taking damage, it should still be used sparingly and correctly.

Down Special: Copycat.

For his down special, Metal Sonic touches his head, which has him scan forward with his eyes in the form of a red, radar-like field. If he scans an opponent, he takes on their neutral special, whilst not actually changing his look all that much. Rather, this will be indicated with a small red-tinted image of the fighter he's currently copying on his UI. When doing this, he's able to use their neutral special, which replaces his own - and actually allows him to shift and change his body with that liquid mercury look seen in Sonic Heroes if required. (For instance, changing his arm into a Gatling Gun in order to copy Aigis's attack, or into an axe to copy Gilius's.) If he uses down special whilst a move is stored, he'll "discard" it and go back to his own neutral special: though this means he'll have to scan for an opponent again to be able to use their special move once more.

All-Star Move: Metal Overlord

Metal Sonic leaps into the background, transforming in a sped-up version of the original sequence as he becomes Metal Overlord. When he's done it, a reticule will appear on screen, allowing Metal Overlord to fire his Crystal Attack toward the screen - with powerful crystals smashing into the arena before exploding into still-damaging shards. With a final, ear-splitting roar, he returns to his normal form, and lands back on the stage proper.

Job #214

Stage Name: Stardust Speedway
Stage Origin: Sonic CD (1993)

Because someone was bound to submit it. My concept for this stage is actually a bit weird though - it'd have a look that pulls more from its Mania look, but would also be able to travel in time between Past, Present, Bad Future, and Good Future. When transitioning, the stage's layout will also slightly change - not enough to drastically change the entire stage, but enough to be noticable. If Stardust Speedway is playing in the background (regardless of whether it's the US or JP version), the song changes to match the time period - though you can set the stage to remain in one form, in which case it'll stay in the Present look. I think that, whilst it would be "another Genesis era stage" and I did genuinely want to stick a Chaotix stage in here, Stardust Speedway is the obvious and iconic choice.

Last edited:
Sonic stage submission:
Planet Wisp (Sonic Colors)
1661781748539.png

What is Planet Wisp?
Planet Wisp is a spherical planet from from Sonic the Hedgehog series and it's a home for alien lifeforms such known as Wisps. During the Sonic Colors' events, Dr. Eggman dragged the planet to Sonic's world as part of his plan for world domination where he could pick off Wisps and ravage their home planet.
Thanks to Sonic however, the planet & Wisps are safe from Dr. Eggman.
It's described as "tiny" planet and it's covered with cyan-green forests, rivers, valleys and canyons. It also includes red steel buildings (probably Eggman's bases).

It's one of popular Sonic locations that appeared in Team Sonic Racing as race track for example. This place even appeared in Mario & Sonic at winter Olympic games 2014.

As layout for the stage:
As for the stage layout, the stage would be flat walk-off stage with bumps at each side of the stage. There are 4 soft tree platforms placed at each side of the stage. There is also one solid red platform in middle of the stage.
Planet Wisp stage layout.png

(The yellow cube represents the character (Specifically Temjin's height in game) (Also the blank rectangles on this picture represent the background elements of the stage such as trees and Eggman's base)

In the background, you can spot any wisps flying in the air. Also you can occasionally spot Mother Wisp fly from side to side like Jellyfish king in background of Jellyfish fields from NASB.
The stage overall would be big. The are no stage hazards or bosses.

Why Planet Wisp as DLC sonic stage?
I think this stage could represent the modern era Sonic games such as Sonic Colors for notable example. Since we have a "Mega drive/Genesis era" stage (Green Hill Zone & Death Egg) and "Dreamcast era" stage (City escape), so why can't we have "modern era" stage in the game.
Also I think the Planet Wisp would make sense as DLC Sonic stage for the game since we got recently a remastered port for Sonic Colors called "Sonic Colors: Ultimate" for all platforms (excluding mobiles). Also it's one of most known locations from the aforementioned game and it would be an obvious choice for a "modern Sonic" game-based stage.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
hue hue hue hue

Metal Sonic is an unforgiving character. He's fast, has a ton of air mobility, and his melee attacks are no joke. If Metal Sonic comes at you, it's like being hit by a truck. The downsides for him? Well, partly due to his unending determination and mostly due to him being a robot, Metal isn't super agile. Turning around with the guy is pretty tough, and his moves have considerable endlag that make it hard for him to follow up with combos other than a couple bread-and-butters.
As far as aesthetics go, Metal uses his "modern design", although apart from limb length its pretty much indistinguishable from his classic one. His claw attacks have a cool blue look to them, his jet boosters are purple and glowy like the OVA, and anytime I mention "electric energy" or the like just think of how his attacks looked in his Sonic Generations rival fight. He also looks pissed 100% of the time but that is to be expected.

Jab
Metal leans forward and swipes with his right claw to pull in opponents, then his left claw to send them flying. It may only have two hits, but it's fairly strong as far as jabs go and it sends at an incredible angle for techchases and gimping opponents who struggle to recover horizontally.

Tilt attacks
Forward Tilt is a long swipe forward, Down Tilt is a low double swipe, and Up Tilt has Metal spin around while moving forward slightly and then jab a claw upwards.

Forward Smash
Metal bends over, charging up a chest exhaust blast, which he then unleashes. This is a very unique move as charging it increases the range rather than the power, which stays the same. The fan in his back is also winding up at this time, so a strong windbox protrudes behind him - very useful for catching opponents whose recoveries can't snap the ledge.

Down Smash
Metal stands towards the camera and "closes" his eyes and clenches his fists as yellow energy flows around him. When released, Metal opens his eyes fiercely and three bolts of electricity strike the ground around him, and stay there for a moment before dissappearing. One of his strongest moves by far, but also the one that requires the most startup.

Up Smash
Metal jets up and surrounds himself with a shield of yellow electricity that persists, locking in opponents before flashing out in a strong final hit.

Neutral Air
A spin attack similar to Sonic's Neutral Air in Ultimate.

Back Air
In reference to the OVA, Metal quickly turns upside down and puts out his right leg before spinning it around back in a powerful kick.

Up Air
Metal flies upwards so fast that he becomes a dark-blue blur, going upwards a bit but stalling once he's stopped, in a pose where his clawed hand is reaching out desperately for the opponent.

Down Air
Metal flies forwards at a 45 degree angle to the ground while twisting his entire body with great speed. This spikes if you hit with it in the first few frames, and it doesn't last too long, so if you're cautious enough you'll be able to make it back to the stage. This is also very potent for shield-poking, but likely won't break one.

Forward Air
Metal raises his legs in an almost-split and swipes a claw forwards.

Down Special: Black Shield
Metal puts up a shield which protects him from all harm. It reflects projectiles and cannot be broken, although he can only hold it for three seconds maximum. The move carries over your momentum, which is good if you're flying forwards at an opponent to bait them and then put up the Black Shield to protect yourself on-the-go, but it can also lead to yourself being KO'd if you accidentally use it while trying to recover. He is not immune to grabs within the Black Shield though.

Side Special: Head-On Assault
Metal raises his arms and legs before flying at the opponent in an oval of electric energy. Normally, this is just a fast burst option which does a good amount of damage, and he can't be grabbed during the move. The only two methods of counterplay are sitting in shield and jumping over it. Oh, and I guess...running straight at him. If you do this, the two characters will be locked head-to-head, and if it's a 1v1, the camera will zoom in to be reminiscint of the OVA. Whoever mashes buttons harder during this short deadlock will be triumphant! The deadlock version of this move is very powerful, with the downside of course being that it can harm Metal Sonic as well.

Up Special: Teleport
Metal Sonic turns into a bunch of purple outlines of himself and becomes invulnerable as he moves upwards quite eerily (another OVA reference).

Neutral Special: Spindash
Stronger than Sonic's version of the move, but harder to combo with.

Grab
Metal reaches forward, and if successful, will hold his opponent off the ground by their throat. His throws are equally brutal, as expected.

All-Star Move: Metal Madness
Metal flies toward the nearest fighter and slashes at them, launching that opponent and anyone else within range into a cutscene final smash. On a dark and rainy platform similar to the titular Metal Madness fight from Sonic Heroes, Neo Metal Sonic drops down dramatically in front of the opponent. He backhands the opponent, and they stumble backwards onto the ground. The camera then shifts back to Neo, who raises a hand towards the opponent, as behind him, Metal Sonic Kai, Giga Metal, and Metal Overlord appear from behind the clouds, whilst several other robot copies emerge from the shadows - Silver Sonic (Game Gear and Genesis versions), Metal Sonic 3.0, the unnamed Sonic robot from that one Eggman area in SA1, Badnik Sonic, Pseudo Sonic, etc...it truly is the "Everyone Is Here" of Metal Sonics. Anyways, the smaller bots all run up and perform a barrage of melee attacks, while the leviathan-sized ones fire lasers from afar. As a final attack, Neo motions for the other bots to move out of the way and performs a powerful roundhouse kick to the opponent, sending them into the blast zone.

Misc.

Entrance Animation
Metal detaches himself from a machine, like the one he is hooked up to in the second part of his Mania boss fight.

Idle Animation
Metal looks at his hand longingly, then curls up his claws and returns to his normal animation (which I should mention is very static, with him being a robot and all).

Taunts
1. Metal turns to the camera and mimics Sonic's finger wag.
2. Metal crosses his arms, looking like he's too good for his opponent.
3. Metal frontflips in the air, then looks at the camera as a lens flare shortly appears on his eyes.

Victory Animations
1. Metal kicks a projection of a Cucky, as with his hologram in Sonic CD and Sonic Mania.
2. Metal rises from a puddle of metallic liquid and clenches his fist at the zoomed-in camera.
3. Metal flies forward, drops into a roll on the ground, then uncurls with his hand and knee on the ground, then looks behind him with an air of suspicion.

Losing Animations
2nd. Metal Sonic hides his face with his hand, and shakes his head in dissapointment.
3rd. Metal, with some minor injuries to his systems, puts twists a screwdriver into his shoulder joint with quite a bit of force.
4th. Metal, with some major injuries to his systems, is getting repairs from a Motobug, looking shameful about his resorting to a lowly badnik for help.
5th or lower: Metal, nearly reduced to scrap, stands statically. His red eyes are gone, and his mono-eye screen displays REBOOTING...

Alt Costumes

1. Default
2. Chaotix Metal (a lighter blue and more reflective material)
3. Metal Sonic Kai (dark red replaces blue)
4. Metal Sonic 3.0 (black replaces blue, vertical yellow stripes)
5. Mecha Sonic 8-bit (silver replaces blue, blue eyes, blue shoes)
6. Super colors (guess)
7. Movie Metal (an imaging of what Metal Sonic would look like in the Paramount Sonicverse, basically just white with red glowy bits)
8. Reaper Metal (grim reaper hood, spray paint)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Casino Night Zone (Sonic The Hedgehog 2)

(Mod by ownsoldier on ModDB - ignore the silly nintendo characters tho)
Every Sonic game got the gambilng addiction stage, so why not include one in AGES? Casino Night Zone being the first of those zones (as well as, in many poeple's minds, the best one) makes it the perfect candidate for a night-life Sonic stage. Hazards would consist of bumpers, disappearing platforms, moving blocks, flippers that activate when a character lands on it and launches pretty far + does damage, and a slot machine in the middle that can grant items or even an extra stock if you're lucky, but deal a ton of damage if you're not. The layout is nearly identical to the modded Smash 64 stage above, but a bit bigger to accomodate for more hazards.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Just gonna resubmit Rooftop Run for this one. I've noticed that our submissions have a very heavy lean towards classic levels and I feel like I should throw in something more modern to balance things out. It also helps that Spagonia is a fun and vibrant location that would make for a really cool stage.

Job #76: Rooftop Run

View attachment 331488

Rooftop Run is one of Sonic Unleashed’s many memorable levels, located in the city of Spagonia. The locale takes inspiration from various western European countries, most notably Italy, Spain, France, and England. Spagonia is also one of the most pivotal locations in Sonic Unleashed, as it is the home of Professor Pickle, a researcher who helps Sonic and Chip out on their mission to stop Eggman’s plan to unleash Gaia. The stage also re-appeared in the console version of Sonic Generations.

Now Sonic is no stranger to exploring urban settings, especially in the modern era where it’s practically an obligation for almost every game to include at least one stage that takes place in a city. With that in mind, I feel like an urban stage makes more than plenty of sense to include as one of Sonic’s three stages. I just went with Rooftop Run because it’s one of Unleashed’s most memorable stages and I love the European influences.

The stage takes place, well, on top of the roofs of the Spagonian apartments. The roofs are flat, with one platform moving vertically at the center of the stage. The stage also features balloons that will increase the player’s height when they jump into them, as well as pendulum blades on both sides of the stage which swing from the foreground into the background.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, time to vote!!!

First up, here's the poll for Metal's moveset:

Secondly, voting on the fourth Sonic stage shal begin!

Here are our picks:

Hydrocity Zone ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Stardust Speedway ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Planet Wisp ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Casino Night Zone ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Rooftop Run ( OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos )

Vote for your top 2 picks - keep your own submission in third place if you're going to self-vote.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Stardust Speedway (feels fitting for Metal himself)
2. Casino Night Zone

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Alright, time to vote!!!

First up, here's the poll for Metal's moveset:

Secondly, voting on the fourth Sonic stage shal begin!

Here are our picks:

Hydrocity Zone ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Stardust Speedway ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Planet Wisp ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Casino Night Zone ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Rooftop Run ( OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos )

Vote for your top 2 picks - keep your own submission in third place if you're going to self-vote.
1. Hydrocity Zone. It's canonically pronounced "Heah-Drow-Sussy" now stop arguing (ok ok jokes aside it's a really unique and fun concept for a stage and I lowkey think it'd be fun to see.)
2. Casino Night Zone. Feels... necessary somehow. Like, I feel like it fits really, really well, has a unique feel and generally just makes a lot of sense.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Casino Night. Basic I might be, but when I think of Sonic levels these are usually the second ones I think of after Green Hill
2. Stardust Speedway. A very specific Metal Sonic stage, but I also like the time travel element. Pretty neat.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, results time!

First up, KneeofJustice99's moveset for Metal Sonic wins!!!!!

Secondly.....

Hydro: 6 points
Stardust: 13 points
Wisp: 4 points
Casino: 7 points
Rooftop: 9 points

Our fourth and final Sonic stage will be Stardust Speedway!!!! Congrats to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 for getting both the moveset and stage in!

Tracklist submissions for Stardust Speedway are now open, but we might as well do our next job:

Job #215: Submit a new Vs. mode

Okay so we're getting more modes in DLC, but they're technically not, like, actually part of the DLC seasons. It's sorta like Smash, where more modes just happen to come in free updates while the actual DLC is released. Anyway, something I noticed is that we're rather....lacking on local Vs. modes. All our other sections are all nice and fleshed out, but in this one, we have.....3 modes! Not a lot. So go for it, submit your very own pitch for a new battle mode to come in a free update!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Vs. Mode: Classic
The only difference in this mode is that it's percent-based like Smash, rather than stamina-based. I know when you compare this to the loads of possible creative and fun Sega-themed Vs. modes, this may seem like a waste of DLC. But I still think having the option there would mean a lot to a lot of people who are only into Smash or platform fighters in general.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job #215: Tag Battle

Basically Squad Strike - you pick a team of 3 to 5 characters, switching between them as each one is defeated and go at it until either you win or all your characters are gone. I'd also add the option to actively switch between your available chars mid-battle, but it's not necessary.

Job 215:
Custom battle
The custom battle in this game is basically custom smash from SSB - first, you click the mode and go on options first to change the settings of the match (such as size alteration, item equipment and even HP number) and then you to CSS and you pick a fighter, assist and stage for the match.

It also acts like normal VS mode where you choose a random fighter, assist and stage, but only difference that you can modify the battle with options.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Alright, results time!

First up, KneeofJustice99's moveset for Metal Sonic wins!!!!!

Secondly.....

Hydro: 6 points
Stardust: 13 points
Wisp: 4 points
Casino: 7 points
Rooftop: 9 points

Our fourth and final Sonic stage will be Stardust Speedway!!!! Congrats to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 for getting both the moveset and stage in!

Tracklist submissions for Stardust Speedway are now open, but we might as well do our next job:

Job #215: Submit a new Vs. mode

Okay so we're getting more modes in DLC, but they're technically not, like, actually part of the DLC seasons. It's sorta like Smash, where more modes just happen to come in free updates while the actual DLC is released. Anyway, something I noticed is that we're rather....lacking on local Vs. modes. All our other sections are all nice and fleshed out, but in this one, we have.....3 modes! Not a lot. So go for it, submit your very own pitch for a new battle mode to come in a free update!
Alrighty, let's take a shot this job with an idea of mine that I'm calling Raid Boss.

One player will be designated the "Raid Boss", with massive increases to their attack power, knockback, fall-speed and weight. They'll then go up against the others in either a timed match, where the "Raid Boss" has to survive until the end of the match, or a stock match, where the "Raid Boss" only wins if they knock every other character out.

Oh, and as for Stardust Speedway's music:

Stardust Speedway Medley JP (Whilst not a remix, it combines the four themes of Stardust Speedway into one track - this one using the JP/EU variants. When played on Stardust Speedway itself, they coincide with the current time period the stage is in.)
Stardust Speedway Medley US (Similar to the track above, this acts as a sort of medley of the different Stardust Speedway themes - this time from the US release. Due to the lack of a "Past" theme in the US release, the "Present" theme fills this role.)
You Can Do Anything!/Toot Toot Sonic Warrior! (We already have Sonic Boom, so this felt like a natural inclusion.)
Cosmic Eternity ~ Believe in Yourself (Another vocal theme, but honestly, I'm really partial to this one. Call it a bias pick, but I felt it'd be cool.)
Wacky Workbench Present (US) (I wanted to have a couple of the US tracks in here, even if they're not my personal favourites.)
Stardust Speedway Bad Future (US) (Again, we already have the JP variant here, so it's a cool idea to add the US one in case people wanted that.)
Boss!! (JP) (WORK THAT SUCKA TO DEATH COME ON NOW WORK THAT SUCKA TO DEATH)
Special Stage (JP) (A completely biased pick. I came very close to submitting the remix of this seen in KFAD2 of all places, but I think the original is best to keep here. LISTEN TO IT ANYWAY. Besides, the fast pace would give matches a really frantic feel!)
Oriental Legend (Chaotix) (Any opportunity to give Chaotix a little love is one I'll jump at, and this one being Metal Sonic's boss fight theme meant it kind of made sense to include as a fun deeper cut.)
Death Egg's Eye - Never Let It Go (Sonic: The Fighters) (Another "deep cut", but it'd still be a fun inclusion as a Metal theme from a fighting game... right?)
Work It Out (Sonic R) (Whilst not necessarily "A Metal Sonic Track", I think it does a good job of rounding out R's tracks in the game, whilst also representing the vibes of "mechanical location" with the track it's played on being Reactive Factory.)
Final Fortress (Heroes) (Bit of a bias pick for me here, but a Heroes track felt necessary with Metal's role in that game, and whilst music like What I'm Made Of is already here, Final Fortress is still a cool inclusion!)
Stardust Speedway Zone: Act 2 (Mania) (Honestly, this feels like just a really cool inclusion. I was on the fence about including both, but I felt it'd be best to give some of the other CD tracks some room to breathe.)
Metal Sonic (Virtual Sonic) (Big props to Fly for this one because this feels like an obvious inclusion that I didn't know about until now this has to be here I'm sorry)

Note that the already-included tracks Stardust Speedway (Bad Future JP) and Sonic Boom are also listed as tracks that can be played on this stage and are put in rotation if "random music" is selected for it, despite already being in the game. They don't really count as "extra additions" but I felt it'd be worth noting.

With a total of 14 track inclusions, I'm sort of hoping I've got some good ones. I didn't want to overdo it - and when it comes to CD, I wanted to sort of represent both OSTs which made things a little more difficult. Nonetheless, I hope these selections are of interest to you all!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #215: Wonderland Wars
That's right, this versus mode is based off the popular Japanese MOBA title, Wonderland Wars. Mostly. Honestly there's not a lot of English explainations of how the game works so I'm sewing the bits of knowledge I have together here.
  • In this versus mode, players are split into teams of two.
  • Players have infinite lives, although respawning will take three times longer than normal.
  • Several towers are set up around the various maps* and the aim is to destroy the opposing teams towers whilst saving your own from destruction.
  • Once a team's towers have been destroyed, that team's castle will pop up.
  • Defend your castle at all costs or you'll lose the match!
  • KOing an attacking opponent will buy you time to go on the offensive against their towers with the longer respawn time!
  • Towers and Castles will spawn mini soldiers to help defend them. They're not very strong(in fact they're easily KO'd), but they'll do their best and can still rack up damage if left unchecked! You may even spot a familiar face or two!
  • Towers and Castles have their own health bars.
  • Can be played with CPU teammates.
  • Items can be used to break castles and towers.
  • Assists will not break castles and towers but can be used to kill opponents.
*only available on large maps.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Classic. Honestly, this does feel like a really natural inclusion - I know there's the concern of it "being too basic" but a Classic mode of some description would be a really neat way to represent characters' history and feel (like in Ultimate) or even just to act as a basic bit of one-player action, which is something plat-fighters often tend to lack in. Simple, but effective.
2. Tag Battle. I honestly just think this is really fun. As with Classic Mode, it's a fairly simple inclusion, but the concept of it essentially introducing 3v3 action whilst being able to switch your characters out would be a really unique way to play, especially with a plat-fighter (MvC, anyone?)

Top Bottom