• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  • Phantasy Star
    • Doctor Mad
      • Debut: Phantasy Star
      • System Debut: Master System
    • Rappy
    • Reipard LaShiec
    • Neifirst
      • Debut: Phantasy Star II
      • System Debut: Genesis
    • Siren
      • Debut: Phantasy Star III
    • Wren
      • Debut: Phantasy Star III
    • Chaz Ashley
      • Debut: Phantasy Star IV
    • Alys Brangwin
    • Zio
    • Humar
      • Debut: Phantasy Star Online
      • System Debut: Dreamcast

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Phantasy Star capsule toys:
  • Aina (PSO2)
    • Series: Phantasy Star
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
    • System Debut: Windows
An apprentice ARKS defender, Aina is the daughter of Garoa, one of the strongest ARKS defenders in all of Aelio. After greeting and welcoming the player in her home town, they are attacked by Dark Falz during a celebration on the beach. Garoa puts up a valiant effort but is no match for Dark Falz, telling Aina, the player and Manon to get to safety. Aina survives this ordeal but is knocked unconcious. When she awakens her town has been obliterated and there is no sign of her father or Dark Falz. Ever putting on a positive attitude, Aina doubles down on her training as an ARKS defender to prevent Dark Falz's forces from taking over Planet Halpha.

• Manon
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
    • System Debut: Windows
A Newman and a Meteorn, who fell to Planet Halpha to act as an ARKS defenders against the monsterous DOLLS. Manon is a rare Meteorn in that she has retained some of her past memories although she doesn't mention much about them. When Dark Falz attacked, Manon was the one who helped get Aina to safety. Upon seeing the destruction Dark Falz caused, Manon swore to Aina that she would help avenge her father.
  • Gene
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Online 2es
    • System Debut: Android, IOS
Gene is on a mission to chase down a Deuman known as Zaccard; the lone survivor of the unexplained destruction of an EMA research facility that killed 208,893 ARKS staff. Good natured and proactive, Gene does her best on the battlefield but unfortunately suffers from a rare condition that makes her body consume all her photons at a spectacularly high rate causing her to run out of stamina and faint.
  • Ogi
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Zero
    • System Debut: Nintendo DS, Mobile
A personable but professional CAST sniper. Unlike in most other games in the series, Ogi and the CASTS of Phantasy Star Zero can survive as just a head. In fact, Ogi doesn't seem bothered when Octo Diablo devours his body, apart from his head, at all. When Ogi obtains a new CAST body he can access that bodies memory files, allowing him to view the histories of the previous bodies owner.
  • Mother Trinity
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Zero
    • System Debut: Nintendo DS, Mobile
An organic computer built to help assist humans in repairing the environment of planet Coral, Mother Trinity went into despair after her suggestions for saving the planet were constantly rejected by the incompetent leaders of the planet, eventually losing her mind. In an attempt to salvage some life, she took a group of newman to the moon, teaching them humans were lesser beings. In her possession she has three super weapons that she turned against the populaces; a bio extermination gas that killed many of the humans and newmans left on the planet's surface, a Photon Noise which disabled all mechanical devices including the CASTs and a Photon Eraser that destroyed the planets surface turning it into a barren wasteland.

More coming soon...

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright I think it's time to show off the assist results. And here they are:

Vectorman: 1 points
Tembo: 3 points
Spy Fiction: 4 points
Columns: 18 points
WOODY: 3 points
Teddy: 4 points
Bonanza: 7 points
Taxi: 11 points
Ristar: 5 points
Epsilon: 1 points
Pengo: 12 points
Infantry: 0 points
Luke: 0 points
Samurai: 10 points
Casey: 2 points
Pinball: 4 points
Mary: 15 points
Pepper: 10 points

And indeed, we have our final two assists: give it up for Mary and Columns!!!!

No new jobs for now, today is focused on fleshing out PS/SW/Puyo stuff

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
A few more for Phantasy Star capsule toys:

• Gryz
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    • System Debut: Mega Drive
A native Motavian warrior, Gryz and his little sister Pana were the only survivors of the dark wizard Zio's attack on their home village, Molculm. Gryz now lives to avenge their parents, tagging along with Chaz's party in the hopes of finishing Zio by his own hand. Gryz lacks refined techniques and is a little slow, but his attack and durability make him a dangerous opponent indeed.

• Raja
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
An 85 year old Dezorian Priest with a unique sense of humour, Raja was reassigned by his superiors to an abandoned, small, unimportant temple in the middle of nowhere. He is convinced that Garuberk Tower is the source of the sudden appearance of a deadly blizzard of his home planet of Dezoris, and when Chaz and his party accidentally crash into his temple, Raja forces himself into the party to get off the lonely temple finally.

• Rhys
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
The half Orakian prince of Landen, Rhys was strolling on the beach one day when the mysterious but beautiful Maia, a woman with no memory of who she is aside from her name washes up on the shore. Rhys immedietly decides to marry her. On the day of their wedding Maia is kidnapped by a Layan dragon breaking in, to which Rhys in a fit of anger declares if she is not returned he will wage war on the Layans. His father locks him in a dungeon to cool his head, but Rhys is broken out by Lena and wished good luck on his journey to save Maia. Rhys' actions to try and save Maia end up having dire consequences for his future lineage.

• Nagissa
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity
    • System Debut: PSP
A Deuman Hunter who searches for fragments of Dark Falz to absorb them into her body under the direction of a shadowy figure known as Wynarl. Absorbing these fragments cause Nagissa to lose her memories, but she dutifully continues on to rid the world of Dark Falz's remenants. Nagissa is a highly skilled combatant who uses a greatsword as big as herself to fight, but lacks understanding in other areas such as misunderstanding being a bride to being a rival.

• Kraz Muehler
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Portable 2
    • System Debut: PSP
A former Beast cop who lost his wife and child, tragically spiralling into self destructive drinking, poisoning his own liver and avoiding paying his bar tabs. Was brought out of his slump by being hired by Ursula Laurent to be a part of her military contractor group, Little Wing. When Emelia Percival was brought in, Kraz took pity on the poor orphaned girl and became her legal guardian, forcing himself to stay clean and have some responsibility. That said, he's also Emelia's boss, and will give her work to do to keep her productive.

Sakura Wars coming soon...

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Here's my turn at Puyo Puyo Capsule Toys:
  • Suketodara
    • Debut: Madou Monogatari
    • System Debut: MSX
  • Witch
    • Debut: Madou Monogatari III
  • Nohoho
    • Debut: Madou Monogatari ll
  • Skeleton T
  • Mummy
    • Debut: Madou Monogatari II
  • Banshee Trio
  • Mamono
  • Zombie and Mini-Zombie
    • Debut: Madou Monogatari II(Zombie),Madou Monogatari(Mini Zombie)
    • System debut: MSX
  • Nomi
  • Trash Puyos
    • Debut: Puyo Sun
    • System Debut: Famicom

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Here's five Sakura Wars Capsule Toys. I'll do another post later with five more.

Sakura Wars Capsule Toys

• Kanna Kirishima
    • Series: Sakura Wars
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars
    • System Debut: Sega Saturn
Stronger than an ox and with just as many stomachs, Kanna serves as the muscle of the Imperial Assault Force Flower Division. She often gets into disagreements with Sumire due to their vastly contrasting personalities and attitudes, taking an enjoyment in pushing her buttons. Once they even managed to destroy the stage during a particularly nasty fight between them!

• Erica Fontaine
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning
A french nun with a genuine desire to help as many people as she can, Erica's kindness is only matched by her clumsiness and lack of understanding. Unfortunately for the poor girl, her clumsiness causes problems for everyone around her, and even the convent she worked at was contemplating kicking her out. When Ogami comes to Paris, Erica immedietly falls head over heels for him. Don't tell Sakura!

• Sakura Amamiya
    • First Appearance: New Sakura Wars
    • System Debut: PS4
This Sakura was saved as a young child by Sakura Shinguji from a demon underneath a cherry blossom tree. It was this act that shaped Sakura Amamiya's life as she desperately attempted to follow in Sakura Shinguji's footsteps becoming her biggest fan and making it her goal to become a fine actress and Imperial Theatre combatant, even taking up the blade to follow in her heroes path. Sakura was childhood friends with Seijuro Kamiyama, and is a stickler for keeping promises...even promises they made together as children. Sakura's obsession with Sakura Shinguji hits a snag however when it appears her hero is working alongside the demons under the guise of 'Yasha'...

• Azami Mochizuki
After being abandoned by her parents, Azami was raised by a ninja. As a result, Azami has trained day and night to become a fine ninja herself. She guards the Imperial Theatre at night, looking out for any threats and eliminating them to keep the theatre safe. Despite being strict with her self discipline, Azami is still, at heart a 13 year old girl, and as such is easily distracted by sweets, trips to theme parks and cute mascots such as Peanut.

• Anastasia Palma
After a particularly disastorous stageshow of Mono, Sumire took it upon herself to hire Anastasia Palma, a rising starlet in theatre, to teach Sakura, Hatsuho, Clarissa and Azami the art of acting and provide some much needed star power into the now run down Imperial Theatre. A hard working, brilliant and professional actress, Anastasia can play any role leaving the audience wanting more with her breathtaking performances, and she's no slouch on the battlefield either.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Minor content submissions for PS/Sakura/Puyo will still be going. We still haven't had any art or VMU enemies submitted so I'd like us to work on that. I'm giving everyone 10 more Capsule Toys to submit from each franchise cause these are all series with pretty big casts

....Being honest for a second here, I feel like these kinds of jobs have been a bit of a struggle to get through and I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Is there anything I could do to change things up a little and maybe make it more fun or engaging?

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Minor content submissions for PS/Sakura/Puyo will still be going. We still haven't had any art or VMU enemies submitted so I'd like us to work on that. I'm giving everyone 10 more Capsule Toys to submit from each franchise cause these are all series with pretty big casts

....Being honest for a second here, I feel like these kinds of jobs have been a bit of a struggle to get through and I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Is there anything I could do to change things up a little and maybe make it more fun or engaging?
I think it's the fact of looking this stuff up and also some of waiting to see if anyone else has done that yet

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sakura Wars Capsule Toys part 2:
  • Yasha
A mysterious samurai who sides with the demons. Yasha is an effective killer on the battlefield and seeks to break the seal of Shadow Tokyo to release the Archdemon. Much to Sakura Amamiya's horror, the identity of Yasha appears to be Sakura Shinguji, her hero. Could Sakura have become corrupted whilst trapped inside Shadow Tokyo fighting the Archdemon?

• Maria Tachibana
A highly skilled sniper able to switch her emotions off, Maria was quickly snapped up as a professional killer for the Russian mafia before being recruited by Ayame Fujieda for the Imperial Flower Assault Force as it's Vice-Captain. As such she is extremely strict when meeting Ogami for the first time, and trying to gauge his ability as captain. Due to her height and deep voice she often plays the lead male role in the stage shows, with her role opposite Sakura Shinguji being a huge success and netting her many fans.

• Lobelia Carlini
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning
Known as the flame demon by the general public due to her pyrokinesis. Lobelia was a skilled thief and wanted criminal until she was finally caught by the Paris Assault agents and sentenced to 1000 years in an underground prison. Luckily for Lobelia, the commander of the Paris Combat Revue, Isabel 'Grand-Mere' Lilac took an interest in her fire abilities, and pulled some strings to exchange her life sentence to being forced to work as a member of the Paris Fleur division.

• Diana Caprice
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars V: So Long My Love
    • System Debut: PlayStation 2, Wii
A kind hearted but deeply depressed girl, Diana was diagnosed with a terminal illness and given only a month to live, with her lack of will to fight against what she deems as her inevitable fate speeding the process up further. With the aid of Shinjiro she regains that will to live and begins living her remaining days to the fullest.

• Shino Sakura
    • First Appearance: Sakura Revolution
    • System Debut: Android, IOS
An innocent and naive girl, Shino Sakura grew up watching stage plays of her mother's performances. Shino Sakura uses a special spiracle dress rather than a full armour mecha allowing her to perform fluid motions. Japan has recently been attacked more and more by demons known as Koki. In order to combat this, the government forms a new Imperial Combat Revue known as Great Imperial Combat Revue B.L.A.C.K., but this team seems to be pulling some shady stuff. Determined to uncover the truth about the attacks, Shino Sakura bands with others in a new Imperial Combat Revue to uncover the truth and take Japan back!

VMU Enemies:
Pettas Gun (Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, 2021)
Kouma (Sakura Wars, 1996)
Hamushter (Puyo Puyo Chronicle, 2016)

Artwork:

Phantasy-Star-30th-artwork.png

Phantasy Heroines (Phantasy Star Online 2)
Key artwork featuring Nei, the Omega version of Alis and newcomer Matoi.

Phantasy-Star-25th-Anniversary.png

Welcome to the Phantasy Zone (Phantasy Star 20th anniversary artwork)
Key artwork featuring our fighter Nei, her partner Rolf, our assist characters Alis and Myau and a whole heap of other key characters through the series' history.

Aina and Menon Update visual.jpg

New Genesis Does (Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis)
Artwork used for the latest game in the series showcasing the main duo of Aina and Manon. (I've been playing a lot of this so...getting something in for them)

Showtime.png

SHOWTIME! (Sakura Wars general art)
Artwork depicting the heroes of the Imperial Combat Revue, The Paris Combat Revue and the Star Divisions.

Paris-Phantoms.png

Paris Phantoms (Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?)
Artwork of our assist character and his motley crew of demons known as the Paris Phantoms.

New-Flower-Division.png

New Flower Division (New Sakura Wars)
Concept artwork of the core cast for 2019's Sakura Wars by character designer, the creator of Bleach, Tite Kubo.

Puyo Puyo coming soon!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think this might be a case of either it's something you enjoy or don't enjoy unfortunately.

I quite like these sort of tasks because I get to learn about characters I either didn't know much about prior to researching, and get to share my findings or I get to wax lyrical about a character I adore. This is why I do the little entries for each of my capsule toy submissions. I think I'd find the task a lot less engaging if I didn't include the entries, but that's just me.

Equally though it's undeniably a lot of work for something that doesn't neccesarily affect the meat and potatoes of the hypothetical game and if you don't enjoy the researching side of things so much, it may not be for you.

edit: That said, I imagine Puyo superfan YopAlonso YopAlonso could be a handy contributor to our current Puyo Puyo content.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I think this might be a case of either it's something you enjoy or don't enjoy unfortunately.

I quite like these sort of tasks because I get to learn about characters I either didn't know much about prior to researching, and get to share my findings or I get to wax lyrical about a character I adore. This is why I do the little entries for each of my capsule toy submissions. I think I'd find the task a lot less engaging if I didn't include the entries, but that's just me.

Equally though it's undeniably a lot of work for something that doesn't neccesarily affect the meat and potatoes of the hypothetical game and if you don't enjoy the researching side of things so much, it may not be for you.

edit: That said, I imagine Puyo superfan YopAlonso YopAlonso could be a handy contributor to our current Puyo Puyo content.
Yeah, I guess so. I dunno, it's complicated. I felt this could be a fun thing for us to do, but at this point I feel like it's been a bit of a slog to get through, and I'm not sure what to do.

I have some potential changes planned. I'll think on a bit, and then I should make an announcement about it tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Puyo Capsules
  • Rulue
    • Series: Puyo Puyo
    • First Appearance: Madou Monogatari 123
    • System Debut: MSX2
A powerful martial artist, Rulue makes up for her lack of magical prowess with sheer physical might, although she is a little sensitive about this fact. Madly in love with Satan, Rulue is willing to follow any order he gives her. Due to Satan's love for Arle, she views her as her rival. That Arle is an incredibly talented mage only further adds fuel to her rivalry.
  • Minotaurus
    • First Appearance: Madou Monogatari 123
The intimidating minotaur bodyguard of Rulue, Minotaurus is fiercely protective of her and will not tolerate any slander towards her in his presence. Whilst he may come off as intimidating, this is largely because he is in love with his mistress and wishes to impress her. Powerful and skilled with his axe, he's surprisingly sensitive and kind when not defending Rulue from percieved sleights.

• Schezo Wegey
    • First Appearance: Madou Monogatari 2
A dark mage weilding a dark sword and a lot of accidental double entendres. He desires Arle's power, but his poor word choice often of 'I want you' often leads to Arle misunderstanding the meaning and calling him a pervert. Sometimes Arle even willfully messes with Schezo causing him and her to get into a heated Puyo battle. Despite their disagreements, rivalry and sometimes antagonism to one another, they are willing to team up against a bigger threat. Or Satan.

Unfortunately that's all I got time for so Puyo's a little light on content. Away for a few days and am mid packing!

Artwork:

Arle ~n Carbuncle.png

Arle ~n Carbuncle (Puyo Puyo~n)
Illustrative art of Arle and Carbuncle in Puyo Puyo~n.

Arle to a Tee.jpg

Arle to a Tee (PuyoPuyo Tetris 2)
Artwork of our fighter, Arle and our assist, Tee.

Puyo Parallels.png

Puyo Parallels (2015 artwork)
Artwork of some of the Compile and SEGA era cast members.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright! So! I've made a decision!

I'm gonna be a bit more lax with the collectable and enemy submissions. Submit however much you need to submit, get it all out of your system, just try not to go too overboard. I'll add the stuff in once the job is over, and if I feel we've gotten too much stuff submitted in any given category, I'll pick out the ones I feel are the best fits. I hope this is okay

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Here's some capsule toys and other miscellaneous content. Descriptions coming Soon Maybe.

Puyo Capsules:

• Ringo Ando
    • First Appearance: Puyo Puyo 7 (2009)
    • System Debut: Nintendo DS
  • Sig
    • First Appearance: Puyo Puyo Fever 2 (2005)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable
  • Ess
    • First Appearance: Puyo Puyo Tetris (2014)
    • System Debut: Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita
  • Ai
  • Zed
  • Jay & Elle
  • O
  • Risukuma
    • First Appearance: Puyo Puyo 7 (2009)
    • System Debut: Nintendo DS
  • Popoi
    • First Appearance: Puyo Puyo Fever (2003)
    • System Debut: Arcade
  • Marle
    • First Appearance: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (2020)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X

Phantasy Star Capsules:

• Rico Tyrell
    • First Appearance: Phantasy Star Online (2000)
    • System Debut: Dreamcast, PC
  • Colin Tyrell
  • Kireek
  • Heathcliff Flowen
  • Rupika
  • Bernie

Puyo Artwork:

1200px-PP20th_AAA_Wallpaper.png

Gummy Chain (Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary wallpaper)
Eo0b_-ZXUAAv3mc.jpg

Twice the Tetris! (Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 artwork)
tumblr_5a6bf58841fce4d041a6c15a8bb8417b_c5b04773_1280.jpg

Set Sail! (Puyo Puyo Sun artwork)

tumblr_7e113b2de71d1e499040a9b837c6bac0_27fe5fa8_1280.jpg

Arle and the Dark Prince (Compile Gallery 123 CD)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm back.

Let's get some more in here:

Sakura-Wars-Online.png

Long days in the Imperial City (Sakura Wars Online)
Key art for Sakura Wars Online, Imperial version.

Sakura-Wars-Online-Paris.png

Elegant Days in Paris (Sakura Wars Online)
Key art for Sakura Wars Online, Paris version.

Sakura-Wars-So-Long-My-Love.png

The Star Division (Sakura Wars: So Long My Love)
Art of the heroines of Sakura Wars V.

Shin-Sakura-Wars.png

Tokyo's Saviours (Sakura Wars (2019))
Art of the five New Flower Division members alongside mysterious demon antagonists Oboro and Yasha.

------------------------

More Sakura Wars Capsule Toys:
  • Kohran Li
A good natured and kind hearted chinese mechanic who works as the Flower Division's stage manager and Kobu engineer. Always bright and cheerful, Kohran's smile hides her tragic past as she fully imerses herself in her work. Some of her inventions aren't always the most reliable, blowing up in her face. Surprisingly for someone who works closely with explosives, she has a bad case of Pyrophobia.

• Orihime Soletta
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars 2: Thou Shalt Not Die
A former member of the European Star Division, Orihime joined the Imperial Flower Division alongside fellow European Star Reni Milchstraße. Orihime hails from a rich Italian family known as the Red Nobles. Through her actions on stage she obtained the nickname of the Sun Maiden. When she first joins the Imperial Division she takes an instant irrational dislike to Ogami due to her Japanese father abandoning her as a child. Ogami helps her reconcile with her father and she reconsiders her opinion on him as a result.

• Reni Milchstraße
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars 2: Thou Shalt Not Die
A former member of the European Star Division, Reni joined the Imperial Flower Division alongside fellow European Star Orihime Soletta. Reni was part of a German programme to bioengineer a child with a high spiritual power. Reni as a result can come off as cold, but is actively attempting to regain her humanity. Due to her androgynous appearance, she is often mistaken for a boy. She however doesn't see this misunderstanding as important enough to correct.

• Sagitta Weinberg
    • System Debut: PS2, Wii
A former member of a biker gang Centaurs, Sagitta was devastated when one of the members was arrested for a crime they did not commit, Wanting to save her friend from going to jail unjustly, Sagitta began to study law in order to become a lawyer. Despite her best efforts to represent her friend, she lost the case and her friend was jailed. This ended up alienating her from her other friends in the Centaurs and caused Sagitta to dive deeper into seeking power and studying the law more. She eventually joined the Star Division albeit with a very black or white attitude to the law.

----------------------

Additional Phantasy Star Artwork

Phantasy-Star-Generations.png

First Generation (Phantasy Star Generation: 1)
Artwork of Alis and her party from the remake on PlayStation 2

Phantasy-Star-Generations-II.png

Second Generation (Phantasy Star Generation: 2)
Artwork of Rolf, Nei and the rest of their party from the remake on PlayStation 2

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
One more batch of Sakura Wars Capsule Toys:
  • Glycine Bleumer
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?
A rich french aristocrat, Glycine wishes to do her part for french society and make it better for everyone. She has a short temper however and is quick to challenge others to duels over any sleight, her battleaxe in hand. Despite her aggression, Glycine truly cares about her friends and feels responsible as someone born into luxury to help others prosper. She is particularly protective of Hanabi.

• Hanabi Kitaoji
Hanabi suffers from severe PTSD after losing her fiance, Philippe de Malebranche, who died at sea on their wedding day. As a result of this tragedy, Hanabi fell into a deep depression, losing her will to live. Eventually with the aid of Ogami she realises she must live for the sake of others. She has been friends with Glycine since their school days together, and as a result Glycine is fiercely protective of Hanabi. She is the last member to join the Paris Fleur Division.

• Coquelicot
The youngest member of the Paris Fleur Division, Coquelicot is an orphan from Vietnam who was drafted into the circus, under an abusive ringmaster. Coquelicot has a great love for animals, helping the various creatures in the circus, even helping an injured tiger return to full health to prevent it from being sold off by the ringmaster. Despite her age she is surprisingly mature beyond her years and an incredibly hard worker.

• Ratchet Altair
The former captain of the European Star Division, Ratchet's ideals clashed with her fellow members, Orihime Soletta and Reni Milchstraße, causing the team to be dissolved. When the New York Star Division opened up, Ratchet jumped at the chance to become a team leader again. Unfortunately for her, she is wounded forcing Shinjiro to take command, with her as vice captain.

• Subaru Kujou
A former member of the European Star Division, Subaru is an extremely talented and intelligent member of the New York Division, appearing to instantly be an expert at almost anything she turns her hand to. Due to her perfectionism that she submits herself to, she also expects it from her fellow team mates which can occasionally lead to disagreements.

• Rikaritta Aries
A young mexican girl with a talent for firearms, Rikaritta was taught gunmanship from her father and the two would travel around putting on shows in order to put food on the table. During one dangerous stunt, Rikaritta messed up causing her and her pet weasel, Niccolo, to fall into a river. Her father jumped in to save them, but sadly drowned in the process. As a result of this one mistake that cost her her father, Rikaritta has become obsessed with trying to be perfect.

There's plenty of other characters I could do these for, but I think that's all the main girls at least now.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Oki doki, I feel like we're almost ready to wrap this one up. I feel like we could use more VMU enemies in general and maybe a couple more pieces of art for Phantasy Star, and of course more Capsule Toys are always appreciated, but that's it really. I'm letting it go for another day.

In the meantime....

Job #207: Submit an item....one last time

This is it! Our final item job!

As with these last few jobs, I'm letting all of you submit two items each. Have fun!

Item submission:
Light Phaser (SEGA Hardware)

Light Phaser (Master System)
View attachment 341704
I know you guys don't know too much about Light Phaser and it sounds very obscure, but here's the short explanation about it:

Light Phaser is a peripheral for Sega Master System and it's like NES Zapper, but it's made by SEGA and it's a light gun.
Light Phaser was made by SEGA and it was based on one of Weapons from "Zillion" anime, where Speed Weed's beloved Opa-Opa appeared.
The Light Phaser is used for Shooting games that were on Master System like Zapper did and the Light Gun was one of Master System's Accessories that were with 3D Glasses and Controllers.

In Battle of AGES, Light Phaser could act like Ray Gun from Smash Bros, but with aesthetics taken from Duck Hunt's Smash Attacks. Light Phaser shoots Rays that give normal damage, but with you charge the attack, it shoots out projectile that is shown by reticle like Duck Hunt's Side Smash attack.

I nominate Light Phaser, because it could represent SEGA's console Hardware, since we never had an Item based on Console Hardware and it could be another Shooting Item after Periscope. Besides, this Item could be BoA equivalent of Smash's ray Gun.
Also, this a perfect idea to include Console Hardware Item to the Game.

(Only SEGA legends remember Light Phaser)
Second item submission:
Psychic Wand (Alex Kidd)
1654024634962.png

Psychic Wand or Cane of flight is an item that debuted in Alex Kidd in Miracle World and it's a magical can that allows Alex to freely move in the air. It appears in item shop in the game and it costs 120 Baums (A currency from Alex Kidd).

In game, when you grab it, you start to get lighter and floaty, which it gives you an ability to fly for short time (Heck, it even gives you ability to make longer air dash in game). It also can increase the damage of your aerial attacks, which it would be awesome for players, who like to fight in mid-air.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 207a:
The Menacer

The Menacer is a light gun peripheral released in 1992 for the Mega Drive/Genesis. Since it's based on the Super Scope, it will act similarly
Job 207b:
The Dreameye

The Dreameye is a webcam peripheral for the Dreamcast. It will act similarly to the Killing Eye

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #207: New Item - Super Locomotive

We already got a music track of Yellow Magic Orchestra's Rydeen via Kurumi's "home stage" (Space Harrier) and the Capsule Toy, but I just think that Super Locomotive is quite underrated back in SEGA's early 1980's non-Super Scaler/Suzuki arcade era. The game simply has you playing as a steam engine that blows up enemies such as air planes and fighters by shooting out missiles into the sky from it's smokestack/chimney, while trying to get into the next station by changing multiple routes through tracks as it avoids other obstacles.

In Battle of AGES, the Super Locomotive itself will appear as a throwable item that works similarly to Bombchu and Hothead in Smash (minus the ability of moving on walls/ceilings). When thrown, it will chuff straight forward to run over opponents upon landing the ground. If an opponent jumps right above it or happens to be air-borne close by, a train will shoot out an upwards explosive bullet from it's smokestack that flies a medium vertical distance behind it and then explodes (also on-contact).

When approaching the ledge of a platform, it will quickly turn around and move in the opposite direction. Over time, the Super Locomotive can also travel much faster (though it can be stopped by attacks) as it turns into a flashier engine (referencing a invincibility/shield item) for short last seconds, dealing even more damage, before finally disappearing when a time period ends.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #207a: The Crystal (Dungeon of the Endless)

The-Crystal-Dungeon-of-the-Endless.png

This pixelated crystal seems to be a strange energy source. It's likely essential to your survival. You don't know why but without this crystal you feel you're trapped. It brings you a sense of warmth and comfort. Go ahead. Pick it up. It's calling to you.

Ah, you embraced it didn't you?

Well now monsters are heading YOUR way. Good job, idiot. They also want the Crystal and will stop at nothing to rip you to shreds to get it. Get to running!

In Dungeon of the Endless, the crystal will power the elevators allowing the heroes to escape to the next level when they find the exit. However touching it is a sure fire way to have endless(oh hey, I see what they did there) enemies storm you, killing you dead quickly.
Heck, my boy Horatio used it to his advantage in the comics to kill off my girl Sara, my fella Max, and not my guy Gork, allowing him to get the Endless' cloning tech. That's right in the end it always comes back to Horatio. Horatio is everything and eventually everything will be Horatio.

It's also full of DUST, which is...well it's used as money but it's actually more like nanomachines, (son). To be honest DUST is quite a complex thing to explain here, but thought I'd mention that this thing allows it to power lights.

The Crystal in Battle of Ages works similarly to Smash's Gooey Bomb only you have no choice but to pick it up when passing it. Picking it up will call pixelated monsters to assault you, dealing some damage to you and the crystal over time. The best way to get rid of it? Pass it to some other sucker by bumping into them and let them get gnawed on by the creatures.

Eventually the monsters WILL overwhelm the crystal holder, smashing the crystal to pieces. This in turn creates a huge damaging blast to whoever was unfortunate enough to be holding the crystal when it went boom. You can tell when the Crystal is almost destroyed by how dark it becomes. This is a rare case of when the explodey item is glowing it's the (relatively) safer option.

For those wondering about the monster spawns, this fanart probably gives a better idea than the actual game's gameplay does:

Dungeon-of-the-Endless-Fanart.png

Those monsters will chase the Crystal holder down and attack. They will be represented by their pixelated sprites however. As the game is entirely pixel art outside the concept art for the cast and unlockable gallery images, I feel the Crystal should probably also be pixelated.

Second item coming soon...

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Final job item, eh? I've pitched the Sega Card a few times in past jobs so let's end slightly meta-ry with the FINAL Sega Card game release as my FINAL item submission:

Job 207b: Woody Pop (Woody Pop)

Woody-Pop.png

Are you under fire from Dr. Eggman's missile barrage? Kurumi got you pinned with shurikens? Arle's magic makes you feel not so magical? Sounds like you're suffering from projectile spam, but fear no more!

The courageous wooden toy, Woody Pop, will handily strap himself to your back and reflect any projectile attack thrown your way and doubles the power and speed back at the enemy.

This does of course mean you have to be facing AWAY from the barrage as it comes your way, but it deflects any and all projectiles whilst Woody remains active. This includes bullets like those from Bayonetta's guns and assist character Kai Schulen's sniper rifle, energy blasts such as Alex Kidd's Power Bracelet or even Dr. Eggman's All Star move(or...well...at least one of the two lasers that'll hit you during it)and projectile weapons such as Tails' bombs, Opa-Opa's missiles, the Lance item or Knuckles' giant rock.
How does a log with eyes accomplish such reflective feats? He's made of hardwood. Don't worry about it. Shut up.

Notably Woody will only protect the back, meaning attacks from above such as the Tee assist, will still damage players...unless they've been knocked face down of course, in which case Woody will continue to guard the player's back diligently.

After a short time period Woody will gracefully dismount from the fighters back, falling to the floor and disappearing.

----------------------------------

Additional VMU mooks:
Additional Phantasy Star artwork:

Phantasy-Star-Online-art.png

A brave new world
(Phantasy Star Online)
Key art from Phantasy Star Online

Phantasy-Star-II-cover-art.png

Rolf's Lament (Phantasy Star II)
Japanese cover artwork of (a very depressed looking) Rolf with Dark Falz looming in the background.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Alright, here's one last item.

Job #207b: Second Item - Gag Item (Pole's Big Adventure)

Pole's Big Adventure is a side-scrolling platform video game which was developed by SEGA and produced by Phantasy Star Universe's Takao Miyoshi for the Nintendo Wii via WiiWare exclusively in Japan on 2009. The game itself involves a eponymous cowboy, Pole, trying to rescue his girlfriend Sharon from a kidnapper by killing enemies with a upgrade-able shotgun. It featured an 8-bit style presentation and gameplay similar to those of NES and SEGA Master System's platforming games like Super Mario Bros. (with Pole "rescuing" Sharon at the end of each level, only to find out that she is a poorly-disguised enemy character) and Alex Kidd in Miracle World, poking fun at the conventions of these games while featuring a crude sense of humor and references to the fourth wall in the form of 100 hidden gags (as both items and mechanics), that Pole has to stumble across in the game, such as limping after breaking his leg when landing from a high platform and a power-up mushroom that turns him so giant he'll lose a life, with even having deliberate bugs and glitches (slowdown/graphical corruption).

And yes, that game WAS a real thing (a big shame that Nintendo's Wii Shop Channel is now closed down):

In Battle of AGES, the Gag Item will appear as a brown 8-bit block with a question mark inside the blue square. When attacked or just touched in contact similarly to Poison Mushroom, it will momentarily transform the character into a messy, pixelated version of themselves (much like Ratchet and Clank's Pixelizer weapon), decreasing their defense and strength for a short period of time before turning them back to normal. This references how one of the glitch-like gags will make so many enemies appear on-screen, causing Pole's sprite to not load in correctly.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
For my first item, I'm resubmitting cashregister9 cashregister9 's Tarot Card idea. I think this is a really solid idea and it makes sense to have a Persona item
Are we allowed to submit items from series that are only licensed by SEGA and not created like Warhammer? I assume we can't I just want to double check

anyways

Job 59

Tarot Cards (Persona 4)

This will appear floating slightly above the ground anyone can pick them up and picking one up summons a random persona that performs a single powerful ability.

Potential Abilities

Agi - A Blast of Fire is sent forwards
Agilao - A Strong Cone of Fire is sent forwards
Zio - A Bolt of lighting strikes an opponent
Mazio - A bolt of lightning strikes each opponent
Garu - Some wind damages an opponent and sends them upwards
Magarula - Several Powerful Gusts of wind appear.
Bufu - A random opponent is frozen
Mabufudyne - Every opponent is damaged and frozen
Hama - A random opponent has a 25% chance of instantly being KO'd
Eiha - A small blast of dark damage is sent forwards
Megido - A ball of Almighty damage falls onto the stage
Dia -The User is healed
Mediarama - The User and their teammates are fully restored
Tarukaja - The User's damage is increased
Tarunda - An opponents damage is lowered.
As for my second pick......uhhhhh ****. I'll have to get back to you guys on that one. I'll edit it in later

cashregister9

Smash Hero
For my first Item I am Resubmitting The Wisp Capsule
(I'm re-using an idea from the Smash Infinite thread)

Sonic Item:

Wisp Capsule

This item will appear just as it does in Sonic it will hover slightly above the ground and inside this capsule would be one of several Wisp colors each one having a different effect, hitting it with several attacks will free the wisp giving the person who freed it an effect.

White Wisp
This is the most common and will give the user more All-star charge and will slightly heal the user

Violet
This will summon a black hole that draws items and characters towards it

Crimson
This gives the user more air dashes, and consecutive Air-dashes deal damage.

Red
This makes the users attacks deal fire damage

Jade
This wisp will make the user invisible

Blue
this replaces all items on screen with healing items.

Pink
This gives the user's shield and roll slight damaging properties.

Green
This makes the user lighter

Black
This spawns a giant explosion, this one is the rarest.
For my second I am resubmitting the UFO Catcher

UFO Catcher

SEGA's famous Claw Machine has come to the battlefield

A cabinet would appear on the stage and once someone interacts with it the the Claw would appear in the sky and move around the top, It can be controlled by the user and pressing attack has the claw descend and grab an opponent and drag them to the blast zone

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight now my second item

Time Bomb (Shinobi)
20220608_153654.jpg

Timed bombs feel like a good item archetype to get in, and it just so happens that Shinobi III features one! Once it drops, it starts counting down from 5, and once it reaches 0......uh yeah you know what happens

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Burglar Bag (Bonanza Bros)
Burglar Bag.jpg

The Burglar Bag not only has your character sling it on their shoulder when they pick it up, but they also get a sick pair of rectangular shades. But this item's function isn't just to look cool as heck - touch an item, and it automatically enters your Burglar Bag! You can simply touch an item that just spawned in, or to go more with the theme of thievery, you can run by an opponent holding an item and just steal it from them. You can steal as many items as you want, making your Burglar's Bag larger and heavier, increasing your character's overall weight. (How much weight/size the items add to the bag also depends on their weight/size. So the Forklift would be a great thing to come across while you've got the Burglar's Bag, needless to say).

So, what do you do with the Burglar's Bag, anyways? Well, before the 20 second timer is up, you can smack people with it with jab, forward tilt and forward smash. The power and speed of the smack depends on how many items you have in the bag. Alternatively, when the timer is up, all of the items that were in the bag spawn right at your feet. Which is pretty useful unless an opponent expects it, and goes to steal your stolen items.

Confidant (Persona)

(Item takes the appearance of a card, as seen above. It can come in different designs, but it's hard to notice in normal gameplay and doesn't change anything functionally).
This item only spawns in FFA matches with 4 or more players. When thrown, it will fly forward very fast, and despawn after traveling the length of FD. If it hits an opponent, the two of you will become a team for 20 seconds! You cannot hurt each other during this time, and points gained by either player are given to the both of you. You can even share stocks if one person is eliminated before the 20 seconds ends.

No reason why these submissions both have a 20 second timer, I just think that's a really good baseline for most items.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Okay gang.

I've slacked.

Real hard.

But it's finally time to move on!!!!!

Submissions for Puyo/SW/PS-related stuff are closed! Thanks for participating!

Also we are now starting up the item vote. Here they are:

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds : Light Phaser, Psychic Wand
Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP : The Menacer, Dreameye
tonygameman tonygameman : Super Locomotive, Gag Item
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad : The Crystal, Woody Pop
meeeeeeeee: Tarot Card, Time Bomb
cashregister9 cashregister9 : Wisp Capsule, UFO Catcher
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu : Burglar Bag, Confidant

Vote for your top 3 picks - keep your own submission in third place if you're going to self-vote.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Confidant - Unique idea, I like this a lot. Don't feel like I've seen anything like this in a Smash style game before.
2. Burglar Bag - Fun idea. You really will be able to make out like a bandit with this item.
3. Gag Item - Pole's Big Adventure reference? Sprites? Sign me up.

Top Bottom