• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Capsule toys

• E-123 Omega
    • First appearance: Sonic Heroes (December 30, 2003)
    • Series: Sonic The Hedgehog
    • System Debut: Gamecube
Description: Eggman's ultimate machine, who was tasked with protecting Shadow after his fall from space and retrieval by the Doctor. Omega became infuriated when he realized that the doctor had forgotten about his magnum opus, so he reluctantly agreed to team up with Shadow and Rouge, so that he could claim his revenge on the mad scientist.

• Heavy And Bomb
    • First Appearance: Knuckles' Chaotix (April 21, 1995)
    • System Debut: 32X
Description: Once under the control of Doctor Eggman, these unlikely friends determined that they no longer wanted to work under rule of the tyrannical inventor. They teamed up with Knuckles' Chaotix to escape from Carnival Island by use of the Ring Tether - but whether or not they succeeded in their endeavors remains a mystery.

• Honey The Cat
    • First Appearance: Sonic The Fighters (June 1996)
    • System Debut: Arcades
Description: This fashionista feline entered in the tournament to destroy the Death Egg II. While that may sound noble, she really aims to promote her line of fashion by saving the day! Her clothing is rumored to be derivative of a certain other fighter, though...

• Princess Elise
    • First Appearance: Sonic The Hedgehog (November 14, 2006)
    • Debut Console: Xbox 360/PS3
Description: A young girl with a royal but tragic past, this princess aims to rule her kingdom of Soleanna with justice and freedom. With the monsturous entity known as Iblis trapped inside of her soul, she was sought after by Dr. Eggman and Mephelis The Dark, though she was saved by Sonic The Hedgehog. While the two of them erased their shared past in hope of a better future, she still has fleeting memories of a smiling blue hedgehog.

• Hyper Sonic(seizure warning in the link)
    • First Appearance: Sonic 3 and Knuckles (October 18, 1994)
    • Debut Console: Genesis
Description: After being decieved by Knuckles numorous times, Sonic finally got the jump on the Echidna, and followed him to a secret room, where the blue blur gave up his Chaos Emeralds he had collected in exchange for a chance at obtaining the long-forgotten Super Emeralds. When Sonic finally collected them all, he unlocked ultimate power in the form of Hyper Sonic, and used it to put a stop to Eggman's plan of stealing the Master Emerald. (Wow, that's a lot of Emeralds!)

Artwork:
SUPERSONIC X DR. EGGMAN

Released via Sonic Channel in December 2021

Mecha Madness

Cover art for the one-issue special Archie Comics, Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness, released in July 1996. In Battle of AGES, this would only have the title and artwork.

Everybody Super Sonic Racing!

Artwork by Sonic The Comic artist Rich Elson, commissioned by Sega in honor of the 24th anniversary of the cult classic racing game.

Blossom Haze

Released by the Sonic Twitter account in celebration of the then-upcoming expansion Sonic Mania Plus.

Fun Is Infinite

Secret art from the sound test menu of Sonic CD. I really like the idea that this would scare a whole new generation of SEGA fans, lol.

VMU RPG Enemies:
Swat-Bot (Sonic SatAM)
Nightmare (Sonic Unleashed)
Ball Hog (Sonic The Hedgehog)
Iblis Taker (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006)
Bigbom (Sonic CD)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Artwork

Taken from the Sonic Channel, an official Sega website. These particular pieces were done as part of the 'Life in Sonic's World' collection. Truth be told there's loads of these great artworks, but let's start with the playable cast first:

Sonics-birthday.png

Sonic's Birthday (July 2020)

Eggman-Cubot-Orbot.png

Eggman, Cubot and Orbot (Respect for the Aged day 2020)

Tails-fixes-his-plane.png

Tails fixes the Tornado (Winter 2021)

Knuckles-Rider.png

Knuckles Rider (Spring 2022)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
As the cap is at 5, this is the last piece of artwork from me:

Rouge-Halloween.png

Rouge and Knuckles (Halloween 2020)

Fun fact: Our other assist character Big the Cat appears in every one of these art pieces(or a reference to him does, you can see his fishing pole in Tails' one), hence why I'm choosing a Rouge specific one to cover all of our Battle of Ages bases.

Edit: and two more Capsule Toys:
  • Fang the Sniper
    • First Appearance: Sonic Triple Trouble (November 11th, 1994 )
    • Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
    • System Debut: Game Gear
Also known as Nack the Weasel, Fang is actually a Jerboa-Wolf. Much like Rouge the Bat, Fang is a treasure hunter who values all that glitters above all else. Unlike Rouge, he's a full out and out villain, happily siding with Dr. Eggman whenever the money is right. Fang was mysteriously one of the eight Chaos Emerald Guardians and considered someone who could go up to defeat Eggman in his Death Egg II despite the fact Fang has only ever wanted to steal the Chaos Emeralds for himself. Fang is surprisingly talented at sharpshooting and using vehicles, although he often sets himself up for failure in his encounters with Sonic and his friends.
  • Animal Buddies
    • First Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog (July 26th, 1991)
    • System Debut: Mega Drive/Genesis
These little critters are often caught up in the conflict between Sonic and Dr. Eggman. Being useful living batteries for Eggman's Badniks, they're often captured and placed in capsules awaiting rescue from Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or one of their friends. Whilst often in distress, sometimes these tiny animals can fight back. For instance when Tails collects the Super Emeralds he can act as a conduit for Chaos energy, powering up a group of Flickies and making them go from terrified to terrifying in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
  • Tails Doll
    • First Appearance: Sonic R (December 1997)
    • System Debut: Saturn
This eerie stuffed animal based on our favorite fox is the invention of the one and only Dr. Eggman. The Tails Doll was just one layer in Eggman's master plan to get Sonic to participate in a World Grand Prix to find the chaos emeralds for him. As soon as he did, Tails Doll and the rest of Eggman's creations would gang up on the blue blur to take it. After Eggman's plan failed, the doll has rarely been seen since, leaving many wondering where it went. It doesn't speak, blink or move its tails, yet the mysterious doll still manages to fly in the air, presumably through the big red antenna floating out in front of him. Even now, many wonder if the doll may have a mind of his own.

• Jet the Hawk
    • First Appearance: Sonic Riders (February 2006)
    • System Debut: Gamecube, Playstation 2 & Xbox
The snarky Jet is the leader of The Babylonian Rogues, a group of pirates who are all experts of "Extreme Gear", a type of hoverboard made for racing. His reputation with Extreme Gear has even earned him the title of the "Legendary Wing Master". He and his partners, Wave the Swallow and Storm the Albatross, are all descendants of an alien race that got stuck on earth during ancient times. Je and his group have constantly butted heads with Sonic and friends both in and out of races. While the two groups may not see always eye to eye, Jet and his group have stood with the Sonic heroes to take down Eggman on more than one occasion.

• Mephiles the Dark
    • First Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog (November 2006)
    • System Debut: Xbox 360
The mouthless menace Mephiles is one half of the sun god, Solaris, and the physical manifestation of Solaris' mind. He looks to find Iblis, his other half, a giant flame monster who was fused inside the soul of Soleanna's Princess Elise. He's a creature with seemingly little interest besides leading the heroes down the wrong path and causing wanton destruction. Even a beast like him has his fears, though. In Mephiles' case, he looks to kill Shadow the Hedgehog, whose power rivaled his own.

• Professor Pickle
    • First Appearance: Sonic Unleashed (February 2009)
    • System Debut: Playstation 2
A genius eccentric known for his expertise in ancient literature, and his love of cucumber sandwiches, Professor Pickle is a world-renown scholar who leads his research at the prestigious Spagonia University. Eggman once kidnapped the poor doctor to help him awaken a beast powerful enough to power his amusement park. Thankfully, with the help of his good friend Tails, and a beastly Sonic, the professor was returned to safety, although frankly, the old man seemed to be more concerned about Eggman's improperly made sandwiches than his own kidnapping.

• Merlina
    • First Appearance: Sonic and the Black Knight (March 2009)
    • System Debut: Wii
The royal wizard of Camelot and granddaughter of the famous Merlin. Sonic's quest in her realm began when she used her magic to summon him, while looking for a brave and swift knight. Although it's thanks to her that Sonic teamed with King Arthur's sword, Caliburn, the actual reason she summoned Sonic was secretly to obtain the source of the Black Knight's power, the scabbard of Excalibur, and use the forces of darkness to stop Camelot from falling into ruin. Once she was defeated, however, Sonic and Merlina befriended one another, with Sonic leaving her with the advice to live life to the fullest, instead of looking to keep life from moving forward.

VMU and art later

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I may do Capsule Toys later if there’s any gaps that need to be filled, but for now I’m just gonna submit some more Sonic the Screensaver pieces because I just think they’re neat! :)
648DD67B-830C-4D09-8F2A-E181F027FE5C.png

Welcome!
0418B953-993B-43C3-ACBE-9C05654B4AF4.png

Sonic Soccer
3976957A-19A2-4538-BEC5-72AB58FEB965.jpeg

Underwater Fun
75073C03-62D8-4324-81DB-5FCFA74C7F8E.png

Stargazing with Sonic
3FCA958F-5F4E-4D61-A3E8-6D20B61F6B36.png

Vampire Sonic

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Sonic Art.png

• Name: Learn Fast!
  • Source: Sonic's Schoolhouse

Sonic Art2.png

• Name: Santa Chao-s
  • Source: Sonic Channel Christmas image
Sonic Art3.png

• Name: Nice Kicks, Sonic!
  • Source: Sonic Chaos
Sonic Art4.png

• Name: Win the Race
  • Source: Sonic Drift
Sonic Art5.jpg

• Name: The Original Trio
  • Source: SegaSonic the Hedgehog

VMU:
Anton
Madmole
Skull Fire

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright gang, thanks for all the Sonic collectable submissions. I'll review the Capsule Toy list later and add in anyone who I feel might be an omission, but that's it for now. Look forward to our next one of these!

Aaaaanyway, the results for the 80s stage are here:

Locomotive: 19 points
Fortress: 10 points
Ground: 8 points
Harrier: 22 points
Colony: 12 points
Peng: 7 points

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone indeed, because Space Harrier is getting its very own stage!!!!

Moving on:

Job #190: Submit a tracklist for Space Harrier

Uh yeah tracklist time. Remember to keep it to a max of 16 tracks and since this is a misc stage, you can throw in a larger amount of songs from other IP than usual.

Job #191: Submit a misc. assist from an 80s SEGA game

Yes, just like we did an 80s stage, we're now doing an 80s assist. So uhhhhh yeah!

I'll start things off by resubmitting Pengo - I do think he could have made for a good playable character but I feel like Kurumi very much fills his niche. I'll cook up a tracklist later
Alright, so I was planning to go with a Virtua Cop assist, but YoshiandToad YoshiandToad already submitted one and it's, like, the exact function I was thinking of. Guess I know what I'm voting for now.

So here's my plan B:

Job #34: Pengo
View attachment 320181
Pengo is an old SEGA arcade game released in 1982, starring a funny little penguin named Pengo as he went through a maze. The objective of Pengo was to crush these things called Sno-Bees by sliding ice blocks in their direction. If you did the slide input on an ice block that was already against a wall, it'd break.
View attachment 320182
So that's what Pengo is doing here: he'll send ice blocks sliding through the stage. If one of them comes into contact with an opponent, they'll freeze. Pengo can also then waddle up to them and break the ice, sending them flying away - thus referencing both main quirks of the gameplay.

Why include Pengo? Well, I think Pengo would be a pretty good way of representing SEGA's early arcade hits: your Flickies and Zaxxons and whatnot. The game was successful in Japan, at least!

Also just look at him, what a chad.
View attachment 320184

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 191: Teddy Boy

Teddy-Boy-Sega-Card.png

The Hero of arcade classic Teddy Boy Blues, Teddy Boy is a kid hero armed with a gun.

But not just ANY gun.

No, this gun shoots bullets that upon hitting a target capture monsters by shrinking them and turning them into balls. Yes, Teddy Boy is basically the first Pokemon Trainer.
Teddy Boy must then collect them before they transform and chomp his time limit down.

In the original game Teddy Boy would be trapped in a maze alongside 1980s Japanese pop star sensation Yōko Ishino who would provide the vocals for the music as well as join in with the mini games in the arcade version. Sadly she was cut in the Master System version(likely due to likeness rights) and so it became Teddy Boy vs. the monster hordes.

In Battle of Ages, Teddy Boy when summoned would fire his gun in a rapid burst of four shots at the opponent.

If the bullet hits: The opponent will be transformed into a small ball with a comical face drawn on representing the character. In this tiny ball like form, players will not have access to their special attacks or grabs, can't run very fast due to needing to roll and can be launched further.

HOWEVER, they are not completely harmless in this form as they can 'bounce' up and down, and even attack still by bouncing themselves into the summoner with their new round bodies. Whilst it doesn't do a lot of damage, the ball forms attacks will stun opponents and can be used rapidly giving them a fighting chance.

If the bullet does hit, Teddy Boy's cooldown will be a lot longer than if he misses. Best used when enemies are fighting in one large cluster to get a multi-ball transformation.

The ball transformation will wear off after twelve seconds, so you may want to prepare a plan of attack to make use of Teddy Boy's gun.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #191: Misc. 80's Assist - Mary (Quartet)

Quartet is a 1986 4-player run n' gun/shoot 'em up arcade classic, which involves a titular warrior team (Lee, Joe, Mary and Edgar) being sent to clear out space colony Zero-6 which has been overtaken by Space Pirates and retrieve the late Princess Cynthia's casket. In the Master System version, Mary is the first player character alongside Edgar, so I chose her to represent a game. It's music is also used in 1991's Spider-Man, maimai, Groove Coaster Zero and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone.

Mary flies around in the air by using a jet-pack on her back, while using her laser bazooka to shoot opponents. Sometimes, she will change up weapons and shoot additional projectiles such as Lee's wide beams, Joe's speed gun and Edgar's slight-arching miracle gun. She basically functions similar to Ray Mk III as it works as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight tracklist time
  1. Main Theme
  2. Battle Field
  3. Space Harrier Boss Retro Medley (Squilla/Godarni/Ida/Syura)
  4. Haya-Oh
  5. Bright Rays (Space Harrier 3-D)
  6. Legend of Harrier (Space Harrier II)
  7. Illusion (Staff Roll)
  8. Jungle Forest (Planet Harriers)
  9. Main Theme (Hang-On)
  10. Outride a Crisis (Super Hang-On)
  11. Final Take-Off (After Burner)
  12. Beyond the Galaxy (Galaxy Force)
  13. Thunder Blade Medley (Thunder Blade/Burning Point/Type-II)
  14. Main Theme (Zoom 909 - SG-1000 ver.)
  15. Rydeen (Super Locomotive)
  16. BGM 1 (Racing Hero)
So!

We have the 4 SH tracks we'd already included in the Fantasy Zone stage, these are going in, these are locks pretty much. I then threw in Haya-Oh - this is the boss theme of the Master System version's final boss, and this track does seem to be one that SEGA like putting in stuff from what I've observed. I feel like it has some notability as the theme of what is often considered the "true" final boss of the original game. I then threw in Bright Rays cause I just think it's neat!

We got two SHII tracks and then one Planet Harriers track, mainly for the sake of covering each of the big games.

The other tracks are where it gets interesting! I picked out the two Hang-On tracks mainly for completionism's sake - we already have Sprinter, but it doesn't feel right without also having OaC and the original theme, IMO. Same goes for Final Take-Off.

Beyond the Galaxy was just a big one I felt needed to be in. This is one of the all-time classic SEGA arcade tracks, SEGA put it in stuff all the time, I feel like it's gotta be in. It's also just really good and yknow, it's from another spacey shooter, it fits

The Thunder Blade tracks also feel like another big one - maybe not to the same extent, but yeah. Also very good tracks, I like Type-II in particular, also another flying shooty game

I threw in the SG-1000 Zoom 909 theme cause I thought it was neat. Again, another flying space shooty game and also just a good song. Zoom 909 is an important early SEGA arcade game and this feels like a nice way of repping it.

Rydeen is here cause CMONNNNNNNNNN WE GOTTA. WE GOTTA DO IT

And finally, the Racing Hero theme. This track is not at all in the sort of "official canon" of classic SEGA tracks. SEGA never put it in anything. The only time it's ever been in anything to my knowledge is a soundtrack compilation specifically revolving around tracks from obscure SEGA bike games. The game this comes from is a pretty generic bike game. This one's a deep cut. And yet........it somehow has this weird sort of cult status that just fascinates me. I feel like I constantly come across people discovering this track. It's like everyone that finds out about it immediately falls in love with it cause it's just that ****ing good. The amount of times I've seen people posting this track in SEGA servers, or the amount of people I've seen in the comments for YouTube videos saying something to the effect of "this song is awesome", is kinda crazy for such an obscure tune. It seems like the general consensus among SEGA-heads is that this song ****ing rules. And honestly? Yeah. It does rule. I wish SEGA made more use of it, cause this is a real Le Hidden GemTM of a track. And I want to acknowledge the weird fan-favorite status this song seems to have in SEGA fan circles despite its humble origins. What a great track.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 191: Planes (After Burner)
3 (1).png

After Burner is one of Sega's big classic arcade games by Yu Suzuki. Following the success of OutRun and Super Hang-On, Sega wanted a new big arcade hit, and what they got was a Top Gun-inspired plane combat shooter in a hydraulic arcade cabinet. The game was a hit, and was later followed up by After Burner II, which was also a hit!

As an assist the After Burner plane would be summoned to target the opponent with cover fire. After a few moments the plane will speed forward, pursued by others across the screen. Try not to get hit!

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Flicky.
Job #191: Flicky
View attachment 320164

Flicky was an arcade game released by Sega in 1984 which was meant to be their answer to Namco’s Mappy. As the titular bird protagonist, you have to fly around and protect a group of baby birds called the chirps from a cat named Tiger. If the name Flicky sounds familiar, that’s because this is where the Flickies from the Sonic series originated from. Being one of Sega’s earlier arcade hits and the character later becoming a notable part of Sega’s flagship franchise, I think she’d make a lot of sense to be included as an assist.

For Flicky’s assist, she’ll fly around the stage with a group of chirps for a short period of time, dropping hammers, flower pots, and various other household objects from the sky to damage the opponents. There’s also a chance for her to throw out a random item for anyone to grab.

80's Assist character:
Centurion (Altered Beast)

Centurion is main playable protagonist, who debuted in Arcade title "Altered Beast".
He was resurrected by Zeus to save Athena from evil ruler of Underworld Neff. Centurion has an ability to become a werewolf, weretiger, weredragon, werebear and golden werewolf by obtaining magical orbs scattered in each world of Ancient Greece.

When summoned, he walks or runs and jumps around the stage along with Punching and Kicking. He stays in place and randomly chooses an Orb to turn himself into random beast:
  • Werewolf - He can throw himself into opponent.
  • Weredragon - Flies around and electrocutes himself to damage opponents with electric barrier.
  • Werebear - Breaths fire at opponents with medium range and the fire can turn opponent into stone.
  • Weretiger - He throws fireballs at opponents that go in zigzag Arc. The balls can be deflected.
  • Golden Werewolf - Acts same like werewolf, but stronger. Rarest transformation of all Transformations.
He can be KOed or damaged.

I know he would be a good fighter, but I'll make him as assist that acts like fighter because it's little bit unlikely to make him as playable since he only can punch, kick or transform into a random beast like in his arcade game.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job 191: Sorry (I'm Sorry)
Sorry.png

The year is 1985.

Ten years after former Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka left office, SEGA released an arcade game satirizing him simply called "I'm Sorry". Sorry being a play on words, as Sori means Prime Minister in Japanese. Maybe. I am not going to pretend I know Japanese, so I'm trusting what I read on it.

In the game, you play a greedy politician trying to collect gold bars and avoid a variety of enemies ranging from real-life comedians (Tamori), real-life professional wrestlers and athletes (Giant Baba and Carl Lewis), real life performers (Madonna and Michael Jackson) and moving statues. It's a little like Pac-Man, I guess, but unlike Pac-Man, he has a weapon: that rakugo fan in his hand. It doesn't do a WHOLE lot of damage, but repeatedly hitting enemies will eventually kill them.

So, this game was clearly made for Japanese audiences to get a quick laugh. It's not a long game, either. It's the same four maps repeated with more enemies each time. For as unusual as the concept may seem, it worked, because it actually did very well in arcades the month it came out, with Game Machine magazine in Japan calling it the most successful table arcade unit for a whole month. Still, it doesn't seem like it would have a whole lot of international appeal...

...exceeeeeeeeeept, well, this got a release stateside. I guess Madonna, Carl, and MJ were enough to convince them to release this game internationally. They sent their game where they laugh at a former prime minister to a whole bunch of countries who had absolutely no idea who this guy was. This guy got destroyed.

Anyways, that's enough of a history lesson. As an assist, Sorry would be the 'pest' assist. Someone who should make you groan every time he's out on the field. He isn't here to help you. He isn't here to help your enemies. He is a greedy and selfish man armed with a fan. Sorry would hole himself up on some random part of the stage, and if you walk close to him or get knocked into him, he will wack you repeatedly with the fan. Just like in the game, it doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but if you're low on stamina, you'll want to avoid this guy at all costs. A loss to this guy is just about the most embarrassing death you can have.

To add insult to injury, he does a victory dance if he manages to eliminate you.
Sorry2.PNG

Thankfully, there is an out...if you're the one who summons him, that is. If he's your assist, hitting him with a single strong blow is all you need to send him both out of office and off the stage.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Planes: fun concept, only one I can't see working as a fighter, After Burner is a big deal.

2. Flicky: A classic, Flicky deserves some recognition but unsure how to translate her (him?) into a fighter, and many see poor Flicky as a Sonic NPC. Assist is a decent fit.

3. Pengo: Can actually see Pengo as a good fighter, but happier to have the red penguin in this role than the others listed.

Centurion and Mary in particular I'll likely be gunning for DLC.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, so just like last time, here's some stuff to do while voting goes on

Job #192: Submit a pitch for the game's intitial reveal trailer

Eeyup! We're working on the game's reveal trailer! So just submit a pitch for said trailer. How does it go? Which characters are revealed? I'm not quite sure how we'll handle reveal trailers just yet, but for now, here's the first one.

BUT I'M NOT DONE YET

Job #193: Submit Capsule Toys/artwork/VMU RPG mooks from Virtua Fighter, Yakuza, Persona and/or Shin Megami Tensei

Time for our second wave of collectible submissions!

While we did do one for just Sonic, cause it's, y'know, Sonic, from now on we're doing our series in batches. Here's how much you can submit for each type of collectible:

-Up to 10 Capsule Toys (sidenote: I went ahead and added in all 20 VF fighters as Capsule Toys already so we can probably focus on the others for this one)
-Up to 5 pieces of artwork
-Up to 4 VMU RPG mooks

Have fun!

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I’m gonna do some of the other content once I’m less busy, buuuuuut here’s some megaten VMU mooks

And here are the Capsule Toys. Descriptions to come Soon.
  • Maki Sonomura
    • Series: Persona
    • First Appearance: Revelations: Persona (1996)
    • System Debut: PlayStation
A sickly girl whose illness left her hospitalized, Maki is usually a quiet person who enjoys painting and spending time with her friends. While she tries to maintain a pleasant attitude, she longs to be free of her illness and be able to go back to school with her friends. After being kidnapped by Kandori and being experimented on, an alternate "ideal" world is created where Maki is perfectly healthy. However, this new world comes with the caveat that everything is being destroyed by demons.
  • Tatsuya Suou
    • First Appearance: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (1999)
  • Maya Amano
    • First Appearance: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (1999)
  • Fuuka Yamagishi
    • First Appearance: Persona 3 (2006)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 2
  • Labrys
    • First Appearance: Persona 4 Arena (2012)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
  • Futaba Sakura
    • First Appearance: Persona 5 (2016)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
  • Kasumi Yoshizawa
    • Series: Persona 5
    • First Appearance: Persona 5 Royal (2019)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 4
  • Nemissa
    • Series: Devil Summoner
    • First Appearance: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (1997)
    • System Debut: Sega Saturn
  • Amanozako
    • Series: Shin Megami Tensei
    • First Appearance: Shin Megami Tensei V (2021)
    • System Debut: Nintendo Switch
  • Ringo
    • Series: Devil Summoner
    • First Appearance: Soul Hackers 2 (2022)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One/Series X, PC
Artworks:
25D0C699-8847-48BA-BAEB-BAFAA35AB8D8.jpeg

• The Answer
  • Origin: Persona 3 FES key art
E1ED4613-F0F7-4E0B-82E0-BC4538E0DB7C.jpeg

• Reach Out to the Truth
  • Origin: Persona 4 Official Design Works cover
BD526E33-A454-4855-8430-577EA92691A6.jpeg

• Law and Chaos
  • Origin: Shin Megami Tensei IV key art
021A908C-390A-4EB8-9F1C-4E61D763AB29.jpeg

• Lucifer’s Call
  • Origin: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne poster

Last edited:
Job 192:
"SEGA Battle of AGES - Reveal Trailer"

[SEGA Logo opening]

The Trailer starts with classic SEGA opening with choir and it cuts to CGI, where Sonic runs through Green Hill Zone and jumps into the air and lands with a slide and he notices Akira Yuki being ready to fight and Sonic quickly approaches Akira Yuki, but then, Sonic gets interrupted by Alex kidd's fist that punched him into his face and Alex Kidd teams with Akira to finish Sonic, but Kiryu approaches from Akira's back and he does a straight kick into his back, pushing him, letting him land on the ground.
The Sonic was confused about the whole rumble and starts to fight Alex Kidd, Akira and Kiryu on free-for-all match (It cuts to gameplay).
Then it cuts to NiGHTS flying around the Spring Valley, but Sakura slashes her sword in front of NiGHTS and NiGHTS swooped into Sakura, but she dodged and NiGHTS flew straight into Bayonetta, but Bayo uses Wicked Weaves and hit NiGHTS. They both fought and then Opa-Opa flew next to Sakura and they both joined to Duke out in Spring Valley along with NiGHTS and Bayonetta (It also cuts to gameplay).
Next it cuts to AiAi rolling down in his ball through the Monkey Targer course and then he notices Asha running into AiAi while being ready to Slash AiAi with her sword, but AiAi uses his ball to defend himself from Asha's attacks. Then Ulala descends down from her vehicle and she shoots at them with her laser while Morolians cheer her up. While they were fighting, Eggman swinged his Wrecking ball into them, starting a real Brawl. Eggman says "Get a load of this" and he uses his Side Special at them, crashing with great force (It cuts to gameplay).

While the 12 characters were fighting on each different location, it cuts to black and into the darkness, they see silhouettes of bosses like Perfect Chaos, Dural, Seven Force and other bosses. At last moment, Segata's eyes are shown in the darkness.
Then it zooms out from right side to 12 fighters (along with rest of Fighters in back, obscured by shadown) seeing the bosses and it shows the logo of...
BATTLE OF AGES!
After the showcase of logo, the trailer ends fighters and bosses going back to the shadows.
At the end of the trailer, the fighter and bosses are going back to the shadows, ending the trailer.
At the end of trailer, the "SEGA-Eye" is shown, closing the trailer to black screen.
(It also reveals a release date and other info)

Job 193:

• Demi-Fiend
  • First Appearance: Shin Megami Tensei III (20.03.2003)
  • System debut: Playstation 2

• Nahobino
  • First Appearance: SMT V (11.11.2021)
  • System debut: Multiplatform

• Yu Narukami
  • First Appearance: Persona 4 (10.07.2008)
  • System debut: Playstation 2

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Post under construction, just wanted to get my lists out, working on adding descriptions and such. Artwork, mooks, and other series' all coming soon.

Yu Nanba
  • First Appearance: Yakuza: Like A Dragon (2020)
  • Series: Yakuza
  • System Debut: PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC
A homeless former-nurse that finds Ichiban injured in a pile of trash and takes him to his homeless camp to patch him up. Nanba is the "cleric" of Ichiban's oddball RPG party, one who attacks with alcohol-fueled fire breath, birdseed, and an umbrella he wields like a staff. He is gruff and tired, but he helps Ichiban learn the homeless lifestyle and stands by his side at the bitter end.

Koichi Adachi
A cop-turned-DMV-agent, Adachi is one of the first people Ichiban meets after his stint in jail. He is big-hearted but somewhat sloppy, with bad habits picked up in middle age bearing down on him. Still, he has a keen sense of justice and his number one goal is to expose the corruption at the center of the police department that kicked him down the ladder.

Saeko Mukoda
A bar owner who joins Ichiban's party after he, Nanba, and Adachi save her sister. She is smart, perceptive, and business-savvy, and enjoys unwinding with a nice drink after a long day. Her exercise and self-defense classes make her formidable in a fight, but underneath her cunning lies a teasing sense of humor. Watch out for her whirling purse!

Eri Kamataki
Young and easily-flustered, Eri is the CEO of Ichiban Senbei, a family business dating back generations. Though she didn't intend to inherit it quite so soon, she is still determined to keep it afloat, and with Ichiban's help she grows the business enough to clear out the loan sharks and scummy practitioners who want to choke out Isezaki Ijincho. She attacks with office supplies and ninja-like reflexes, and has a particularly devastating arsenal of thumbtacks.

Joon-gi Han
The cold and focused assassin and right-hand of the Geomijul, a Korean faction that runs an underground info-gathering ring in Ijincho. He is a mysterious fellow, not least of which because he seems to share a name with a person from Kiryu's past. His motives in helping Ichiban and his party are unclear, but it seems he can be trusted...at least for now.

Tianyou Zhao
The shrewd leader of Ijincho's Chinese faction, the Liumang, and something of a wild card. Zhao is a gangster at heart, violent when he needs to be, but stylish and easygoing as well. He seems distant at first, but he is fiercely loyal to his allies, something Ichiban grows to respect. He's as likely to threaten you with a saber as he is to shake your hand, and his Kung Fu is unmatched.

Seong-hui
The all-seeing-eye of Ijincho's Korean info-gathering ring, the Geomijul, as well as their leader. She commands immense respect through her ability to keep a cool head in all confrontations as well as her shrewd tactical thinking. She is a member of the Ijin Three, a united committee of crime lords in Ijincho, and has the ruthlessness needed to keep that spot. Despite all that, she still fears cockroaches.

Daisaku Kuze
  • First Appearance: Yakuza 0 (2015)
  • System Debut: PlayStation 4
One of the three lieutenants of the Dojima Family during the 80s and a persistent thorn in a young Kazuma Kiryu's side. He is tough and brash, but honorable in his own way, as evidenced by his desire to beat Kiryu down mano-a-mano. He is a former boxer and a top Yakuza strategist, and recognizes by the end of their battles that Kiryu will one day become a true Yakuza as well.

Makoto Date
  • First Appearance: Yakuza (2005)
  • System Debut: PlayStation 2
A detective with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department and one of Kazuma Kiryu's closest confidants. Date is a streetwise officer with a strong sense of justice, always willing to lend a helping hand to those in need. In return, Kiryu helped him reconcile with his wife and daughter and the two have trusted each other ever since. Though he may be sharp, he is old-fashioned, and modern technology confounds him.

Karaoke Machine
  • First Appearance: Yakuza 3 (2009)
  • System Debut: PlayStation 3
A trusty karaoke machine that has appeared in every Yakuza game since the third instalment. Our heroes can't always be out on the town tied up in stories of crime and punishment - Kiryu, Ichiban, Majima, and others all need time to relax! Whether it's crooning the soulful tune Baka Mitai or rocking out to Hell Stew or supporting their friends jamming to the disco hit Rouge of Love, there's always a moment where one can kick back with some drinks and some tunes.

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Under construction. Just wanted to get my list in for Yakuza. I will edit with descriptions for the capsules and art, and do the other franchises later.

Yakuza:

• Ryuji Goda
    • First Appearance: Yakuza 2
Nicknamed "The Dragon of Kansai", Ryuji is the son of the Goda family patriarch, Jin Goda, with a golden dragon tattooed on his back. He is an ambitious, power-hungry, man's man of a Yakuza. He's able to best about any man one-on-one, but he is just as powerful with a katana as he is with his fists. Shortly after meeting Kiryu, he decided that he wanted nothing more than to defeat him, believing only one of them deserves to be known as the 'True' Dragon.

• Daigo Dojima
    • First Appearance: Yakuza 2
Current patriarch of the Dojima family and the son of its previous patriarch, Sohei Dojima. Unlike his father, Daigo is an honorable man with a cool-headed attitude, although he can be extremely hard-headed at times. He grew up spoiled and fell into a rut after the death of his father, but filling his father's shoes helped him grow as a person. He may lack experience, but he makes up for it with his earnestness for the position.

A foreigner handyman with a body of iron. Although he and Kiryu first met when he was the champion of the colosseum in Purgatory, he has worked many odd jobs over the years, including a construction worker, a hitman, and even a military instructor during a zombie apocalypse. He favors metal gloves that look like maces as his primary weapon, and he often mixes up his Japanese words, leading to Kiryu telling him that his Japanese sucks.

Fighter is both the commentator and master of Pocket Circuit, a "sport" held in Kamurocho's Pocket Circuit Stadium where you race toy cars along a set track. Although he's great with kids and he has befriended Kiryu, Fighter is very awkward around most adults his age. Somehow, he managed to find a woman to marry him since he and Kiryu first met in the eighties, much to the Dragon of Dojima's surprise. He has since stepped away from Pocket Circuit Fighting and settled down to take over his family's tofu shop, but rumors say he resurfaced to host Dragon Kart in Isezaki Ijincho.

• Takayuki Yagami
    • First Appearance: Judgement
    • Series: Yakuza/Judgement
    • System Debut: Playstation 4
Although he was once a promising young lawyer, Yagami quit the business after a client he acquitted immediately murdered someone right afterward. Burdened with guilt, he now wanders around Kamurocho as a private investigator and the director of the Yagami Detective Agency. His father passed on to him the teachings of Kung Fu, which he then mastered through fighting criminals on the streets.

• Shintaro Kazama
    • First Appearance: Yakuza
Kiryu's mentor, the captain of the Dojima family, and Patriarch of the Kazama clan. Kiryu's strong sense of honor is thanks to Kazama, who founded the orphanage Kiryu grew up in, and would visit it frequently. Kazama was the closest thing Kiryu ever viewed to a father figure, and when Kiryu turned seventeen, he eventually came under Kazama's wing as an official member of the Dojima family.

A cigar-smoking informant from Purgatory with cameras placed all over Kamurocho, monitoring every inch of it 24/7. He was once a police detective before getting busted for selling information on the black market, which lead him to run his "business" independently. He got his nickname by proving information to people in the form of cards attached to flower bouquets. It's said that nothing happens in Kamurocho without 'The Florist' knowing about it. He will work with citizens, law enforcement, and criminals alike, just as long they can pay the exorbitant prices he charges.

• Tetsu Tachibana
    • First Appearance: Yakuza 0
    • System Debut: Playstation 3/Playstation 4
The President of Tachibana Real Estate, a business that once held a stranglehold over Kamurocho in the 1980's. Although he was frail and sickly, his company's power was so great that at one time a simple wave of his hand could get all the lights in the district turned off. Kiryu was once scouted by Tachibana as one of his real estate agents in exchange for protection after Kiryu was framed for murder. In exchange, he asked Kiryu for his help to obtain an empty lot vital to Kamurocho's revitalization project that several Yakuza families were trying to obtain.

• Makoto Makimura
    • First Appearance: Yakuza 0
    • System Debut: Playsation 3/Playstation 4
I'm not super worried about this, buuuuut I'm just gonna just double spoiler this one and post it underneath to be safe.

A blind masseuse at Hogushi Kaikan Massage in Osaka, and the target of an assassination job Goro Majima needed to complete in order to escape a punishment his Yakuza family forced on him that stuck him in Sotenbori as manager of its Cabaret Grand. After meeting Makoto, he had a change of heart and defended her from the various clans looking to take her life. The events that stemmed from the mission to kill her lead Majima down a path of discovery that made him into the man he is today.

VMU:
Dine-and-Dasher
Jiei-san
Captain Cruncher

Art:
yakuza-like-a-dragon-review.jpg

• Name: The Number One Party
  • Source: Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Yakuza 4.png

• Name: The Successor to the Legend
  • Source: Yakuza 4 (Western Box Art)
Yakuza Dead Souls.png

• Name: Now With Guns!
  • Source: Yakuza Dead Souls (Japanese Box Art)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Reveal Trailer

This would be revealed during a Nintendo Direct, by the way.

A 16-bit Sonic runs by the Sega logo, and the chant plays just like in the original Sonic 2. Screen fades to black.
The trailer simply fades into gameplay, with developer-only camera angles similar to the reveal trailers for Pirhana Plant or Chrom. We see Sonic on a different Green Hill Zone than the one we know from Super Smash Bros. Sonic is running around the space alone. He jumps over a few spikes and runs through a shuttle loop to get to an Invincibility barrier. He cracks it open and gains its power.
Suddenly, Tails flies in from above! Sonic breakdances while Tails spins a wrench in his hand. A sound effect plays, the same one that plays before a character's splash screen in Smash trailers.
Black screen, with text reading: "A fighting game experience like you've never seen before."
Then, a familiar "HO-HO-HO!" is heard from the opposite side of the stage, and the two turn to see the nefarious Dr. Eggman! More gameplay footage is presented, showing off the airdashes as well as the Big assist, which Sonic uses on Eggman. Then Eggman's All-Star Move plays out, and afterwards, we see the hedgehog and fox lying on the ground, almost about to be KO'd. Eggman presses his hands together happily, and starts hovering over to the nearly defeated heroes as the trailer transitions to CG like what was used for many of Smash 4's and Ultimate's trailers.
Suddenly, a large shadow appears behind Eggman. Orbot appears from behind the Eggmobile and tugs at the oblivious doctor's shoulders, nervously saying, "Er...b-b-boss? Boss?!" Eggman finally turns around, and his mustache droops in intimidation. We see as shot of Eggman and Orbot (who is now shivering and embracing Cubot) from over the figure's shoulder. A mysterious voice comes from the the figure. “Kono toki-wo matteta-ze!” (Subtitles read: I’ve been waiting for this moment!) The figure grabs Eggman by the collar of his coat, we can now see a muscle-y hand and the sleeve of a white gi. He performs a Tetsuzanko, knocking Eggman through the shuttle loop as he yells for his lackeys to catch his fall. As Orbot and Cubot hover away hastily, Sonic begins to crawl to his feet. He smiles at the figure, and the camera swivels to show that it is Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter! The two shake hands, with Sonic saying, "Thanks for the save!"
Akira smiles, and something sparkles in his eye. “Koko kara ga goban da!” (Subtitles read: I’m just getting started!) Sonic looks stricken with surprise, and Akira pulls Sonic closer by the hand to grab his chest, and uses Pound on Sonic to transition the footage back to gameplay. Tails is awake now and tries to help Sonic fight the new challenger.
Black screen again, with text (now in the iconic Sega font) reading: "To be this good..."
Suddenly, tons of gameplay footage featuring the following characters:
Sonic The Hedgehog
Miles "Tails" Prower
Dr. Eggman
Akira Yuki
Jacky Bryant
Alex Kidd
Opa-Opa
Beat
Ai Ai
Rio
Ulala
NiGHTS

On the following stages:
Green Hill Zone
Death Egg Zone
The Shrine
Mt. Eternal
Monkey Target WAIT YOU GUYS MADE A STAGE BASED ON MY FAVORITE MONKEY BALL MINIGAME? THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD NOW HOLY CRAP
99th Street
OutRun Bay
Channel 5

While Fighting in the Streets plays.

The gameplay footage shows off a few more All-Star Attacks for Ai Ai, Sonic, Alex Kidd and Akira, as well as the stamina based gameplay and more assists, specifically Robo Baby, James Taylor and Gary Stewart, and Pudding. In particular, there is one snippet of footage, slightly zoomed in with Alex and Sonic facing off on OutRun Bay. Then, for our first non-All Stars-veteran newcomer, we get a short snippet of CG footage where another mysterious fighter appears, who makes Sonic and Alex turn around in shock. We see a close up of the figure drawing her sword as she says "no hesitation!" She then slashes right through them, knocking them both far away. We then see a majestic shot of Sakura Shinguji! Footage goes back to in-game as the fight turns into a three-way and the music transitions to Geki! Teikoku-Kagekidan.
We see more gameplay (including short, in-game reveals of Gilius, Joe Musashi, and surprise character Princess Kurumi! More stages are also revealed, including Space Harrier, Adder's Lair and Oboro Dojo.
Another black screen: "To be this good takes AGES!"
The text fades out, as Last Wave plays to signify that the trailer is nearing its end. A ring chime is heard as the logo appears on a screen that is now black with white lines, like a Genesis cartrdige: Battle of AGES.
Before the last bit, we see Eggman lying against his busted Eggmobile in Green Hill. His 'stache is askew and his lackey bots are pampering him to make up for not catching his fall. Suddenly, another shadow, thinner and younger this time, appears in front of Eggman. Rather than looking intimidated, Eggman looks up like what now?
"I'll reveal your true form..." the voice says.
Camera transitions to the doctor's point of view, where we see Ren Amamiya in his school uniform with Morgana (cat form) peeking out at Eggman from his backpack. A dark mist surrounds him, and Joker is left standing there, while Morgana comically floats for a bit before falling to the ground with a crash. As Joker reveals himself, Aigis flies in from above with her built in jetpack. Very much a "WE ARE GOING TO BEAT YOU TO DEATH BOTTOM TEXT" camera angle here.
Cue weird eyeball SEGA logo, planned release date, and copyright info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom