• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes
Duel Zone 4
Battlefield 3
Meta Crystal 5

Meta Crystal is our next stage added.

Job 25: Submit stages for Donkey Kong and F-Zero

JAPES-NRML-SSBM.png
For my Donkey Kong stage, I‘ll nominate Jungle Japes as is.
SSB4 Mute City.JPG
For F-Zero, I’ll do the 3DS version of Mute City, except the graphics are modernized.

Job 26: Submit side specials for changes for
Fox and Pikachu. (Fox is in grey, and Pikachu is in yellow)

Neutral Special:
Reticle / Thunder Shock
Up Special: Arwing / Quick Attack
Down Special: Reflector / Thunder

For my Fox special, I’ll nominate a modefied version if Fire Fox, which can only move sideways or diagonally. For Pikachu, I’ll Thunder Wave, which will send a little lightning ball in midair, which paralyzes players who are hit by it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gangplank Galleon
Takes place on the pirate ship. The cannons act as hazards. Krow will cameo, attempting to scoop up the fighters up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 25:

The DK stage I'm submitting is Minecart Carnage. It's a walkoff stage with two floating platforms. A minecart will occasionally spawn, which a player can ride and knock opponents down with, but at the risk of going past the blast zone.

For F-Zero, I'll submit Big Blue, which is the same as it is in Melee, Brawl, and Ultimate.

Job 26:

Miyamoto wanted Star Fox Adventures to be a GameCube launch title (though it didn't release until 2002) and Dinosaur Planet made the transition into it around the time Melee began development in late 2000. I say this because I'm submitting Krystal's Staff as Fox's Side Special for promotional purposes. When activated, the staff will launch a stream of ice in a similar style to the Ice Climbers' Down Special and one of Krystal's attacks as an Assist Trophy.

As for Pikachu, I'll just submit Skull Bash, which it uses in the Smash games.

Job 25:
DK: Kongo Falls
I'll renominate Kongo Falls from Melee, but there are Kritters appearing on Stage.

F-Zero: Mute City (Melee)
I'll resubmit Mute City from Melee, but it has more Racers and it has small redesigns.

Job 26:
Pikachu: Spark
Pikachu would charge with electricity forwards.

Fox: Fox Illusion
I'll renominate the Real Smash Fox's Side Special here.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
For the stages, we have the following nominations:

DK

Jungle Japes
Gangplank Galleon
Minecart Carnage
Kongo Falls

F-Zero

Mute City (3DS)
Big Blue
Mute City Melee

For the side specials:

Fox
Fire Fox
Krystal’s Staff
Fox Illusion

Pikachu
Thunder Wave
Skull Bash
Spark

Vote for your three most wanted DK stages and two of your most wanted from the other categories, but your vote cannot be first.

My votes

1. Kongo Falls
2. Minecart Carnage
3. Gangplank Galleon

1. Mute City (Melee)
2. Mute City (3DS)

1. Fox Illusion
2. Fire Fox

1. Skull Bash
2. Thunder Wave

Also, since we have stamina as a feature, I’ll put a poll asking if it should be in Special Smash:

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes:

Jungle Japes 2
Gangplank Galleon 10
Minecart Carnage 4
Kongo Falls 8

Gangplank Galleon is our first DK stage

Mute City (3DS) 1
Big Blue 4
Mute City (Melee) 7

The Melee version of Mute City is our F-Zero stage

Fire Fox 6
Krystal’s Staff 0
Fox Illusion 6

There is a tie, so a poll will be made to see if Fire Fox or Fox Illusion should be Fox’s side special: https://strawpoll.com/1fcczaokg

Thunder Wave 7
Skull Bash 4
Spark 1

Thunder Wave becomes Pikachu’s side special.

Also, Stamina Mode is our first of 13 Special Smash modes.

For Job 26, submit another mode for Mob Smash.

I’ll submit Endless Smash, which works like other games.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 27:

The mode I'm submitting is called PokéMan and it's inspired by something I saw in a Nathaniel Bandy video. Only Pokéballs and Lure Balls will spawn. The Fighting Polygons can only be harmed by Pokéball summons or getting attacked while trapped within a Lure Ball. Player attacks won't deal any damage.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Since there were only three nominations for Mob Smash modes, all three will be added.
Edit: I forgot to mention that Fox Illusion is Fox’s side special.

Job 27: Submit a Special Smash mode.

I’ll submit Giant Melee, which works like it does in Melee.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Since Special Smash will have 10 modes, all 3 nominations (Giant, Mixed, and Poke) are all added.
Job 29: Select a Pokemon to be used as a Pokeball and how it would work. If the Pokemon is added for the pokeball, then it will no longer be eligible for the playable roster.

I’m nominating Snorlax, and it would work like other games.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes
Snorlax 11
Lugia 5
Mew 7
Quilfish 7

Snorlax becomes our next new pokemon. Since Snorlax had a trophy, a new trophy spot can be used in place of Snorlax.

Job 30: Submit an item and how it would work.

I’ll nominate a previous item, which is the 1-UP item from the Kirby series, which would work similarly to the Special Flag in For and Ultimate, but the player automatically gains points/a stock after picking up the item.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 30:

I'm submitting the 1-Up Mushroom from Mario, as I was torn between submitting it and the Kirby 1-Up for a previous job. It moves around the stage like a normal Super Mushroom, but grants an extra stock/point(s) upon collection. It's probably the most surprising item omission from the Smash series.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes
1-UP (Kirby) (3)
1-Up Mushroom (7)
Golden Hammer (2)

The 1-Up Mushroom is our next item.

For Jobs 31 and 32, add a new stage for Star Fox and Metroid, and also add special moves for Yoshi and Wario.

Star Fox Stage
Sector Z
I’ll nominate Sector Z, which works like 64‘s but you can also stand on the laser cannon on the bottom.
Metroid Stage

I’ll nominate Norfair, which would work similarly to the one in since Brawl, but there would be no lava wave coming from behind.
Yoshi Specials

I’d keep most specials the same, but egg throw becomes Yoshi’s side special, and his up special becomes flight, where he can temporarily fly for 3 seconds.

Wario Specials

Wario’s up special is the same. His side special will be shoulder bash and his down special will be ground pound, which work similarly to how they do in Smash Remix. His neutral special will be dragon fire, where he emits fire through the Dragon helmet.

Also, I’ll add Marx as a Kirby trophy as a replacement for Snorlax.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 31:

The Star Fox stage I'm submitting is Out of this Dimension from the SNES game. Players fight on the slot machine, which occasionally dispenses giant, hazardous coins. Sometimes, an Arwing will appear and shoot players. Like on Corneria, it can be used as a makeshift platform.

As for Metroid, I'll submit Planet Zebes from the first game. Same as it is in Smash 64, but without the Ridley cameo.

Job 32:

I agree with the choices for Yoshi's new Side and Up Specials. However, I'll be submitting a replacement for the Ground Pound, which is his stomp attack from Super Mario World. When used, Yoshi hops a short distance off the ground and slams his feet down upon landing, creating a small shockwave.

For Wario, I'll be submitting brand new moves. His Neutral Special is called Bomb, which is a reference to the ones in Wario's Woods and Wario Blast. Wario will throw the bomb and it'll explode after a short time. It can be moved by hitting it or grabbing and throwing it. His Side Special is Flaming Wario, where he engulfs himself in flames and runs around, dealing damage to whoever he touches. Puffy Wario is his Up Special and has him inflate and float upwards before deflating and falling back down. Lastly, Wario's Down Special is Snowman Wario. A snowball encases his body, allowing him to attack opponents via rolling at them.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the nominations

Star Fox Stage

Pupp135 Pupp135 Sector Z
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Out of this Dimension
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Venom

Metroid

Pupp135 Pupp135 Norfair
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Planet Zebes
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Brinstar Depths

Yoshi Specials
Pupp135 Pupp135 Egg Lay, Egg Throw, Flight, Ground Pound
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Egg Lay, Egg Throw, Flight, Stomp
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Egg Lay (neutral), Flutter Jump (Up)

Wario Specials
Pupp135 Pupp135 Dragon Fire, Shoulder Bash, Corkscrew, Ground Pound
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Bomb, Flaming Wario, Puffy Wario, Snowman Wario
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Chomp, Charge, Wario Waft/Fart, Heavy Ground Pound

For everything except for Yoshi’s specials, vote for your two most wanted, where your nomination is not first. Since Egg Throw and Egg Lay were the only nominations for side and neutral specials, they will automatically be chosen. For Yoshi’s other side Specials, I will use a poll to determine which ones should be used.

My votes
1. Out of this Dimension
2. Sector Z

Metroid
1. Brinstar Depths
2. Zebes

Wario Specials
1. Butters Stotch Butters Stotch ’s moveset
2. Pupp135 Pupp135 ’s moveset

Yoshi Polls
Up Special: https://strawpoll.com/jjj1gvyow
Down Special: https://strawpoll.com/qkjuks8j3