• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
LoZ Map
Pyramid of Power
Great Bay
Ganon’s Castle

Kirby Map
Halberd
Shiver Star
Rock Star

Vote for your two most wanted stages, where your submission is not first.

My votes
1. Great Bay
2. Pyramid of Power

1. Shiver Star
2. Rock Star

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Pyramid of Power 3
Great Bay 5
Ganon’s Castle 4

Halberd 1
Shiver Star 5
Rock Star 6

Great Bay and Rock Star are our next stages

Job 13: Submit a pokemon to be added to the roster. The only pokemon that cannot be chosen is Ditto since it is a pokeball pokemon.
150Mewtwo OS anime 2.png
I’m submitting Mewtwo since this character is popular, and it highlights the concept of legendary pokemon.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 13:

I've changed my mind. I'm submitting Heracross as a Gen 2 rep. It's a unique Gen 2 rep and a better one than Pichu and represents both Bug (which Smash has never had before) and Fighting (Smash is a fighting game after all, so it makes sense) types. It also joined Ash's team in the anime, which surely increased its popularity.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Lugia
1633135021713.png

Debuting in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal, Lugia would represent flying and psychic type Pokémon in this game. Lugia’s moves include Areoblast, Extrasensory, Dragon Rush and Wind Gusts. Lugia would also represent Legendary Pokémon in this game.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Mewtwo 15
Meowth 10
Heracross 6
Lugia 2
Scizor 3

Mewtwo is so far our first pokemon newcomer.

Job 14: List which pokemon should return as pokeball pokemon. Any pokemon that returns as a pokeball pokemon will no longer be able to join the roster.
Below is the list of pokemon from the original game.
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Meowth
Jigglypuff
Electrode
Ninetails
Rhydon
Victreebell
Magikarp
Eevee
Jolteon
Vaporeon

From these, I’ll just leave Meowth out since I could see it potentially joining the roster, and there will eventually be 29 pokeball pokemon.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there needs to be a new trophy submission to replace Mewtwo’s original one since it is playable now.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Every pokemon except for Jigglypuff and Meowth got unanimous votes for returning. Since the majority of votes were for Jigglypuff’s return, every pokemon except for Meowth will be added as a pokeball pokemon.

Edit: New trophies can be submitted to replace Jigglypuff, Rhydon, Eevee, and Vaporeon’s original trophies

Job 15: Submit a game mode for mob smash.
I’ll do Century Smash, which would work the same as it does in other games.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 15:

I’ll submit 15-Minute Smash. Works the same as before.

For trophies, I’m going with Raichu, Waddle Doo, Black Shadow, and the Fighting Polygon Team.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since only 3 mob smash modes were submitted, all will be added to the game, but we will do another job later for the remaining 4.

Jobs 16 and 17
Submit Side Specials for Link and Samus. You can also choose to change any of their previous specials if you want
(Link is in green, and Samus is in orange)
Neutral Special: Arrows / Missiles
Up Special: Spin Attack / Screw Attack
Down Special: Bombs / Morph Ball

My submissions:
Boomerang, which works like the other games
Ice Beam: Samus shoots a projectile that damages characters and then freezes them after hitting a certain percentage.

Submit a new stage for Excitebike and for Fire Emblem.
For Excitebike Arena, I‘ll use this format where it as a walkoff map with the edges of the map being slanted and increase in height towards the center.

1633393267881.png

I’ll re-use my Dolhr Keep submission from the previous thread where it as a walkoff with two platforms above the base platform, and the platforms on the edges. Somtimes, Medius will attach the players from one of the edges of the stage.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 16:

For Link, I’m going with the Megaton Hammer from Ocarina of Time. Link will pull out the hammer and smash it onto the ground, dealing a decent amount of damage. There is a drawback to this, which is that, thanks to the weight of the hammer, it’ll take a few seconds for Link to slam it down, but the damage makes up for it.

For Samus, I propose making the Missiles her Side Special and the adding the Charge Shot as her Neutral Special. Same as it is in the actual Smash.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 17:

Since the original Melee had some stages based on 64, but with new appearances, I'll submit Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium. It's like the previous version, except it has SNES sprites and Mario characters in the background. Koopa Troopa racers (plus Toad and/or Peach if they don't make it in as fighters) serve as hazards.

As for Fire Emblem, I’m submitting Castle Siege. It’s the Brawl version, but without the other areas. The image above is from a mod.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For the Submissions, there will be 3 poll’s: one for Link‘s special, one for the Excitebike Stage, and another for the FE stage,
Link’s side special:

Excitebike Stage:

FE Stage:

Also, there are three nominations for Samus’s specials
Pupp135 Pupp135 Ice beam
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Charge Shot as neutral special and Missiles as side special
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Metroid Control

Vote for your two most wanted specials, but your submission is not first.

My votes:
1. Metroid Control (This is a really cool idea that I wouldn’t have thought of just like Shell Surf)
2. Ice Beam

Job 18: Submit a new Item and how it works.
I’ll renominate the Cracker Launcher, which works the same as it does in Brawl.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 18:

I'm submitting the 1-Up from Kirby. Several Nintendo games have items like this and it surprises me that it took until Smash 4 to add one (even if it was from Namco). When grabbed, your character holds it up and the extra life jingle from Kirby plays. This awards them with an extra life or a certain amount of points (one for Time and however many for King of the Hill). Basically, it's the Special Flag, except it doesn't take as long to work.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the polls, Megaton Hammer, the revamp of the original Excitebike Arena map, and Castle Siege won, so they will be put into the game.

From the Samus moveset
Ice Beam 5
Charge Shot 1
Metroid Control 3

Ice Beam becomes Samus’s side special.

Below I have a poll deciding on if the cracker launcher or 1-up should be the next item added.

Job 19: Submit a pokemon from the Jhoto region to be added as a pokeball summon, and explain how it would work.
I’ll renominate Togepi, which would work similarly to the other SSB games.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, the Cracker Launcher becomes our second new item.

Here are the nominations for pokeball pokemon
1. Togepi
2. Scizor
3. Celebi

Vote for your two most wanted pokemon, but your submission cannot be first. Since we have 16 more pokemon to add, I’ll add the two pokemon with the most votes.

My votes
1. Scizor
2. Celebi

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Togepi 6
Scizor 4
Celebi 2

From the votes, Togepi and Scizor become our first two Jhoto Pokeball Pokemon.

Instead of doing another newcomer for job 20: I want to do two other things first
Job 20: Submit Side Specials or changes for Specials for
Kirby and Marth
Current specials for Kirby and Marth (Kirby in magenta and Marth in blue)
Neutral Special:
Swallow / Shield Breaker
Up Special: Final Cutter / Dolphin Slash
Down Special: Stone / Counter

For the side specials, I’ll do Hammer for Kirby and Dancing Blade with Marth, which work the same as they do in the other games.

Job 21: Submit Stages for Yoshi and Wario

SSF2 Yoshi's Island.png
For my Yoshi stage, I’ll do the Yoshi’s Island layout in Super Smash Flash 2 since I like the layout of it. It look have a similar aesthetic to the Yoshi’s Story stage.

Rice Beach from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.
For Wario, I’ll do Rice Beach, which would similar to the one that Crusade currently has, where there is water on both sodes of the stage, and there are barrels that players can go on in the sand. Unlike the Crusade version, the three blocks would not exist.

Edit: Since the Cracker Launcher is an item, there are trophy vacancies from them.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 20:

For Kirby, I’ll go with the Hammer Flip, which now functions as it does in the Kirby games (it catches fire immediately and doesn’t need charging unlike Smash).

Dancing Blade is already a good move, so I won't be submitting anything for Marth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom