• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Sector Z 5
Out of this Dimension 6
Venom 1

Norfair 5
Planet Zebes 2
Brinstar Depths 5

Pupp135 Pupp135 Wario moveset 5
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Wario moveset 4
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds moveset 3

From the votes, Out of this Dimension is the next stage, and Wario‘s specials will be Dragon Flame, Shoulder Bash, Corkscrew, and Ground Pound. Also, Flight and Stomp are Yoshi’s other special moves. Since there was a tie between Norfair and Brinstar Depths, a poll will be used to determine the stage: https://strawpoll.com/eazfeffy4

Job 33: Submit a Female Character and why they would be a good fit for the roster.

I had trouble with this one since I was deciding between Zelda/Sheik and Ice Climbers, but I went with the former since Ice Climbers are technically a male and female combination, so I went with Zelda/Sheik.

Zelda OoT.png
Sheik.png
While Peach is more deserving than Zelda since she is more regonizable and has more to work with in terms of moveset, I find the transformation between her and Sheik to be an interesting mechanic gameplay wise (in Sheik’s case, it also helps that the most notable thing that Zelda had done up to that point was diguising herself as Sheik to help Link), and Zelda is still a major character in her series since she appeared in every entry except for Link’s Awakening up to 1999 (even to now, she was only also absent in Triforce Heroes, and her role has become more active since 1999).

If someone would prefer to vote for Zelda or Sheik alone, one can do that as their nomination, or we can just make it an extra option if users prefer.

Last edited:
Job 33:
Princess Peach (Mario)

Peach is character from Super Mario series. She is Princess fo Mushroom Kingdom and Damsel-in Distress of the game. She is very popular VG female character of all-time to be included in AU Melee.
She could have moveset based on Real Smash Counterpart and she could float again like in Real Smash.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 33:

I've changed my mind about Adeline and Ribbon. In their place, I'm submitting Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club. She was considered by Sakurai for Melee, but was passed on. Adding her could lead to her series being localised earlier and possibly receiving remakes in the 2000s. I don't think it would be difficult to implement a moveset, considering there are several fanmade ones online.

However, if this isn't cheating, I'd like to submit Sami from Advance Wars instead. Advance Wars apparently went into development at the same time as other early GBA games and probably before Melee and other GC titles. The Wars series had several games up to this point and its gameplay likely inspired that of Fire Emblem. In terms of her moveset, Sami could function almost like a semi/pseudo-clone of Snake in Brawl and Ultimate. Her inclusion can promote Advance Wars not long after launch and, like Ayumi, could lead to more games in the future. Apparently, without Advance Wars, Fire Emblem never would've released in the west, but I can't remember where I first heard this from.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 33:

However, if this isn't cheating, I'd like to submit Sami from Advance Wars instead. Advance Wars apparently went into development at the same time as other early GBA games and probably before Melee and other GC titles. The Wars series had several games up to this point and its gameplay likely inspired that of Fire Emblem. In terms of her moveset, Sami could function almost like a semi/pseudo-clone of Snake in Brawl and Ultimate. Her inclusion can promote Advance Wars not long after launch and, like Ayumi, could lead to more games in the future. Apparently, without Advance Wars, Fire Emblem never would've released in the west, but I can't remember where I first heard this from.
Since Advance Wars was announced in 2001, I am unsure if we would be able to come with for a character, so they would not be allowed for nomination.

From our poll, Norfair is added as our Metroid stage.

For our potential female newcomers, we have the following:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Zelda and/or Sheik (both means transformation gimmick)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Peach
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Ayumi Tachibana

Vote for your two most wanted, where your submission is not first

1. Peach
2. Zelda and Sheik (transformation gimmick)

For Zelda and Sheik, each of them get points only if they are mentioned in a vote (eg. my vote gives a point to each, but if I only voted for Zelda, then only Zelda gets the vote and not Sheik). If one of them gets the most votes, then that one is guaranteed to be added. The other part will be added for the transformation gimmick if she has at least half of the votes that the winning one has.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Zelda (5) and Sheik (3)
Peach (7)
Ayumi (3)

Peach will be our first female newcomer.
Also, since Peach was added, I’ll have Ayumi take her spot in terms of trophies.

Job 34: Submit 5 event matches and how they would work.
I’m resubmitting 3 events that I nominated earlier
Battle of the Swordsmen
Player character: Link
Stage: Castle Seige
This is a 1v1 against Marth, where both characters have 150hp

Revenge of the Koopa King
Player character: Bowser
Stage: Princess Peach’s Castle
This would be a 1v3 fight against Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi, and the player has 2 lives. Also, only Mario items appear.

Hungry, Hungry, Fighters
Player character: Wario
Stage: Yoshi’s Island
You, and Kirby and Yoshi CPUs start with 300 damage, and to win, you must heal all of your damage with Maxim Tomatoes before the others. KO’ed characters respawn with 300 damage.
In addition to these two, I’ll nominate these:

Girl Power (this is the opposite of original event)
Player Character: Peach
Stage: Bowser’s Stadium
It is a 2v2 battle where your partner is Samus, and you must defeat Bowser and Mewtwo. You and Samus have one life, but the others have two.

Cute Melee
Player character: Kirby
Stage: Fountain of Dreams
It is a ffa battle among Kirby, Yoshi, and Pikachu, where each character has 150hp. The only item to appear are pokeballs.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 34:

Most of these are based on pre-existing Events from Melee. Yeah, sadly, I'm not that creative when it comes to making these.

Dino Wrangling
Defeat a giant Yoshi on Yoshi's Island as a character of choice. You have three stocks and he has one.

Gotta Catch Em All
Catch 10 Pikachus with Lure Balls as a character of choice on Poke Floats. Once captured, the Pikachu trapped in their respective Lure Ball will disappear.

Bomb-Fest
Defeat Link and Samus as a character of choice on Norfair. Only Bob-Ombs and other explosive items spawn.

Rainbow of Puffballs
Defeat six Kirbys in the order of their colors (starting with red) as Yoshi on Fountain of Dreams.

All-Star Match 1
Defeat Mario, Donkey Kong, Excitebiker, Link, and Samus on their respective stages as a character of choice. Every time you defeat a character, the screen briefly fades and you spawn on the next character's stage (like the All-Star Matches in the original Melee). The stages are Princess Peach's Castle, (Donkey Kong stage that has yet to be decided), Excitebike Bun Bun Mario Stadium, Great Bay, and Norfair.

Last edited:
Job 34:

Damsel in Distress Fight:
Player: Mario (CPU Teammate: Peach)
Stage: Peach's Castle
It would be 2v1 fight against Giant Bowser and it would be 2 Stocked Match. Unique condition is that you need to defend Peach before she gets attacked or Killed (Despite Peach could attack Bowser, leading her to Player's Misfortune).

The Fight before Time:
Player: Yoshi (Giant)
Stage: Norfair
This would be 1v1 against Giant Bowser while controlling Giant Yoshi. It would be 1 Stock Fight and the Time during match would be long 5 minutes.

Smash-Zero
Player: Captain Falcon
Stage: Mute City (Melee)
This match could be Free-For-All with 3 enemy Capt. Falcons on Mute City.

Pokemon Trouble:
Player: Pikachu
Stage: Pokefloats
This would be 1v1 Fight against Mewtwo with Pokeballs & Pokemon along with Lure Balls spawing on Stage. The Fight would be Stamina Fight.

Nintendo Allstar Fight: Round 1:
Player: Mario
Stage: Meta Crystal
This fight would be Free-For-All with 3 Stocks against Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario. All items spawn on Stage.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Battle of the Swordsmen, Revenge of the Koopa King, Hungry Hungry Fighters, Girl Power, Cute Melee
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Dino Wrangling, Gotta Catch Em All, Bomb-Fest, Rainbow of Pullballs, All-Star Match 1
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Damsel in Distress Fight, The Fight before Time, Smash-Zero, Pokemon Trouble, Nintendo Allstar Battle: Round 1

Vote for your two most wanted, where your’s is not first.
My votes
1. Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
2. Pupp135 Pupp135

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Battle of the Swordsmen, Revenge of the Koopa King, Hungry Hungry Fighters, Girl Power, Cute Melee 6
Dino Wrangling, Gotta Catch Em All, Bomb-Fest, Rainbow of Pullballs, All-Star Match 1 3
Damsel in Distress Fight, The Fight before Time, Smash-Zero, Pokemon Trouble, Nintendo Allstar Battle: Round 1 3

The first set of event matches will be added.
Job 35: Submit a stage for the legend of Zelda Series, and describe its layout.
Job 36: Submit side specials for DK and Captain Falcon. If you want, you can also change one of their original specials with something else (I’ll list
DK’s specials in brown and Falcon’s in violet).

Current Specials:
Neutral:
Barrel Throw / Falcon PAWNCH
Up: Spinning Kong / Falcon Dive
Down: Hand Slap / Falcon Kick

For my LoZ stage, I’ll renominate Pyramid of Power from ALttP:
1632969844630.png

For my LoZ stage, I’ll add Pyramid of Power, which would have 3 platforms. There is a bottom base platform with two platforms above it where the length of platforms decreases as the platforms are more elevated.
For my side spcials, I’ll use the one that is in the real SSB games for DK (Headbutt), but my side special for Falcon will be Gun Shot, where he uses his gun to attack players, and the bullet travels in a straight line.

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 35:

Submitting Hylian Skies. It's the same as the SSF2 version and represents an older Zelda game.

Job 36:

For Donkey Kong, Barrel Throw becomes his Side Special. The Coconut Gun from Donkey Kong 64 is his new Neutral Special. He can fire three coconuts at a time before having to cooldown for a bit. If he shoots you, it's gonna hurt!

I'll submit Raptor Boost as Captain Falcon's Side Special. Same as it is in Melee and beyond.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
LoZ Stage
Pupp135 Pupp135 Pyramid of Power
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Hylian Skies

DK Side Special
Pupp135 Pupp135 Headbutt
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Coconut Gun becomes the new neutral special, with Barrel Throw becoming his side special.

Falcon Side Special
Pupp135 Pupp135 Gun Shot
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Raptor Boost

Since there are only 2 nominations, I’ll do polls for all three.
LoZ Stage: https://strawpoll.com/d13sjx53r

DK Special: https://strawpoll.com/v6hpqoreq

Falcon Special: https://strawpoll.com/xxrjf14k2
Job 37: Submit an item and how it works

I’ll nominate the Screw Attack, which works like the other SSB games.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 37:

If allowed, as further consolation for the lack of Sonic, I'll submit the Thunder Shield. Not only does it give the user an extra jump, but it makes them immune to electric attacks. Any other attack results in the shield's destruction, though the player won't take any damage.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I forgot to look at the poll results for the Legend of Zelda Stage and the specials for DK and Falcon. Pyramid of Power and Coconut gun both won for their polls. For Falcon’s special, there was a tie before I submitted a vote, and I’ll go with Gun Shot as a nod to something from an F-Zero manual.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Screw Attack 4
Unira 3
Thunder Shield 5

The thunder shield will be our next item.

Job 38: Nominate a pokemon for the pokeball item and how it would work.

I’ll nominate Suicune, which would use blizzard similarly to the attck in Melee

Top Bottom