• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Zagreus Item: Hidden Aspects
Zagreus wouldn't have an item but items. Each one of his weapons change to their hidden aspects with altered propierties.
  • The Sword changes to the Excalibur, the Arthur's aspect. It would be heavier dealing more damage but being slower, when you attack to the ground it would create an aura of holy energy that would increase Zag's defense.
  • The Spear changes to the Guandao, the Guan Yu's aspect. The usual spin Zag can do with the spear is changed to launch the spinning spear that can heal Zagreus a little per hit.
  • The Shield changes to the Beowulf's Aspect, it allows you to hold the special button to "charge" the shield and increase the power of the dash.
  • The Bow changes to Brahmastra, the Rama's Aspect, when you launch an arrow the opponent would be marked, you can mark multiple opponents, all the marked opponents would receive damage when one is attacked (but they would only receive half the damage and no knockback).
  • The Twin Fists changes to Enkidu, the Gilgamesh's Aspect, the usual punches are replaced by slashes with the claws.
Has a side note due that the weapons are used in his normals rather than the specials I will do a quick list of in what direction the weapon's changes applies.
Arthur: Down Tilt, Down Air
Spear: Down Strong attack
Shield: Dash
Bow: Side Strong attack
Twin Fists: Side Tilt, Up Tilt, Back Air
The Knigt Item: Grimmchild
The Knight summons the Grimmchild, the Grimmchild can evolve during the battle the more he attacks when he evolves his damage increase and his appearence change.
1656090366248.png

FazDude

Smash Master
Zagreus Item: Hidden Aspects
Zagreus wouldn't have an item but items. Each one of his weapons change to their hidden aspects with altered propierties.
  • The Sword changes to the Excalibur, the Arthur's aspect. It would be heavier dealing more damage but being slower, when you attack to the ground it would create an aura of holy energy that would increase Zag's defense.
  • The Spear changes to the Guandao, the Guan Yu's aspect. The usual spin Zag can do with the spear is changed to launch the spinning spear that can heal Zagreus a little per hit.
  • The Shield changes to the Beowulf's Aspect, it allows you to hold the special button to "charge" the shield and increase the power of the dash.
  • The Bow changes to Brahmastra, the Rama's Aspect, when you launch an arrow the opponent would be marked, you can mark multiple opponents, all the marked opponents would receive damage when one is attacked (but they would only receive half the damage and no knockback).
  • The Twin Fists changes to Enkidu, the Gilgamesh's Aspect, the usual punches are replaced by slashes with the claws.
Has a side note due that the weapons are used in his normals rather than the specials I will do a quick list of in what direction the weapon's changes applies.
Arthur: Down Tilt, Down Air
Spear: Down Strong attack
Shield: Dash
Bow: Side Strong attack
Twin Fists: Side Tilt, Up Tilt, Back Air
The Knigt Item: Grimmchild
The Knight summons the Grimmchild, the Grimmchild can evolve during the battle the more he attacks when he evolves his damage increase and his appearence change.
View attachment 355338
I'm only allowing one signature item per fighter; Could you pick one from Zag's kit to keep?

Also, how would these items be nerfed if another fighter were to get them?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm only allowing one signature item per fighter; Could you pick one from Zag's kit to keep?

Also, how would these items be nerfed if another fighter were to get them?
Ah, sorry I didn't reminded that the items should also be pickable by other characters.
Zag:
It would only use Guandao, I feel this is the best election since is your first hidden aspect. When another fighter picks it it would deal 20% of damage (referencing how the weapon shortens your health). They can still being able to heal themselves with the "vampiric" propierties of the attack tho.
Knight:
When someone else use the Grimmchild it wouldn't be able to reach the fourth ascension.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Annalynn super moves win by default.
  • Lilac's super job will be repeated due to a lack of submissions.
  • The following signature items win by default:
    • Zagreus: Guandao ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
    • Red: Rage Chili (me)
    • Impostor: Emergency Button (me)
    • Springtrap: Door (me)
    • Knight: Grimmchild (Infinity Sorcerer)
    • Annalynn: Double-Jump Boots (me)
  • As for Isaac, Cadence, Goose, Terrarian, Dust, Octane, and Lilac, their item submissions will also remain open for an extra day.
---
Job 182 (cont.): Submit super moves for Lilac!

Job 183 (cont.): Submit Signature Items for Isaac, Cadence, Goose, Terrarian, Dust, Octane, and/or Lilac!

Job 184: Submit animations for Annalynn and/or Lilac!

Submit a stage entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for either or both characters.

Submissions will close tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to have to push back the final base game card job until Lilac's super moves are submitted.

FazDude

Smash Master
Lilac Super Moves
  1. Super Shield Burst - Milla appears in front of Lilac and fires the Super Shield Burst, a long-range attack which deals great damage and knockback.
  2. Carol's Bike - Carol, riding her motorcycle, rides forwards and deals heavy damage and knockback to opponents she hits.
  3. Holodragon - Lilac hops on a Holodragon and enters a transformation state of sorts. While riding the dragon, Lilac can shoot fireballs at opponents and fly across the screen for a charging attack. The Holodragon will last for a few seconds before disappating, giving Lilac her normal moveset.
Annalynn Animations
  • Entrance
    • Annalynn falls from the sky, landing on her face before getting up and entering her battle stance.
  • Taunts
    • Annalynn takes a bite out of a muffin.
    • Annalynn points to the opponent with a "get a load of this guy" face (the actual gesture comes from a cutscene).
    • Annalynn spins around before falling on her back, referencing her death animation.
  • Victory Animations
    • Annalynn sits down as she wipes her brow, exhausted but satisfied.
    • Annalynn lands on the ground before posing with her pickaxe in the air.
    • Randy is seen running away from Annalynn, who kicks him into the distance before she poses for the camera.
Lilac Animations
  • Entrance
    • Lilac leaps onto the stage onto a Jump Pad. (Technically, this is Carol's ability, but...)
  • Taunts
    • Lilac gives the camera a two fingered salute.
    • Either Carol or Milla appears beside Lilac to perform a small animation alongside her.
      • Carol performs the Wild Kick before posing.
      • Milla hops up and down happily before posing.
    • Lilac performs a dance.
  • Victory Animations
    • Lilac jumps up and down before posing with an outstretched hand.
    • Lilac spins around before posing with her back to the camera and her leg raised.
    • Lilac, Carol, and Milla all pose together.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  • Octane Item: Dash Pad
    • The Dash Pad will make Octane twice as fast as it normally is while it will just give the others a slight boost
  • Untitled Goose Item: Mini-Goose
    • Mini-Goose will act like the Electromagnet drawing items closer to the Goose. It will be less effective when other characters get them

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  • Cadence Item: Reaper's Scythe
    • When Cadence has the Reaper's Scythe, She deals critical damage to the opponent and causes them to instantly drop the item they're holding.
    • When Other Opponents have the Reaper's Scythe, They'll just deal Critical Damage
  • Lilac Item: Pangu
    • When Lilac has Pangu, She ride her and fire bolts at the opponents.
    • This lasts for a shorter time when the opponent has her

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Lilac Super Moves:
  • Meta Cyclone - Lilac summons a cyclone stronger than what she usually summons
  • Go. GO. GO! - Lilac will ram herself into the opponent stunning them
  • Holodragon - Lilac will summon the Holodragon which will unleash a massive bolt of energy

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Please vote for Lilac's supers here.
  • The following Signature Items will be added:
    • Cadence: Reaper's Scythe ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
    • Goose: Mini-Goose
    • Terrarian: Stardust Armor ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
    • Octane: Dash Pad (Qwerty UIOP)
    • Lilac: Pangu
    • I'll make the items for Isaac and Dust.
  • My Annalynn and Lilac animations win by default.
----
Welp, today's the day, folks - Our final batch of base-game related jobs.

Job 185: Submit cards for Annalynn and/or Freedom Planet!
Submit characters (up to three per franchise) to appear as cards! The following will be cards by default.
  • Annalynn (Annalynn)
  • The Venom Brood
  • SN4-KE
  • Lilac (Freedom Planet)
  • Milla
  • Carol
  • Holodragon
We kiiiinda added pretty much every character in Annalynn, so don't stress if you can't think of anything for that game.

Job 186: Submit cards for the Other category!
Submit up to five characters to appear as cards! There are no restrictions as to what can be submitted (aside from needing to be indie characters, of course), and cards will not be disconfirms! In addition, the following characters will be cards by default:
  • Interactive Buddy
  • Chronotron
  • Kick (Divekick)
  • Bread
  • Quincy (Bloons)
  • Black Goo (World of Goo)
  • N (N: The Way of the Ninja)
  • Guppy & Slyvester (Insaniquarium)
  • The Kid (I Wanna Be The Guy)
  • Octodad
  • Commander Viridan (VVVVV)
  • Assassin (Soul Assassin)
  • Jake (Subway Surfers)
  • Creeper (Minecraft)
  • Alien Hominid
  • Carrion
  • Ceasar (Wargroove)
  • Bullet Kin (Enter the Gungeon)
  • Hector (OMORI)
  • Chicken Wiggle
  • Jack (Jack the Reaper)
  • Rad Shiba (VA-11 HALL-A)
  • Little Princess (Guardian Tales)
  • Flappy Bird
  • The Ball (Lethal League)
  • Hero (There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension)
  • Om Nom (Cut the Rope)
  • Cake Hound (Cookie Run Kingdom)
  • Big the Jonathan (100% Orange Juice)
Job 187: Review content!
Take one last look at the document. See something you want to change? A missing card? A tweak you want to make to your own submissions? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Submissions for cards will close tomorrow, which will also be our first day of our DLC period! We're nearing the end of the thread's lifespan, but from tomorrow on out, it'll be full throttle!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  • Other Cards:
    • Little Square and Pineapple(Little Square Big Tower)
    • Mr. Glitch(There is No Game)
    • Papa Louie
    • Boyfriend and Girlfriend(FNF)
    • Bread(I am Bread)
  • Freedom Planet Cards:
    • Syntax
    • Torque
    • Aaa
  • Review Content: I think that we should
    • Add Isaac's missing Eighth Skin
    • Do Unlockable Critera for the Stages

FazDude

Smash Master
Annalynn Cards
  • Bonus Items + Blinding Ruby
  • Robot Snakes
Misc. Cards
  • Dart Monkey (Bloons)
  • Guy Spelunky (Spelunky)
  • Dan (Dan the Man)
  • Bendy (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
  • Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)
Side Note: I may make the Others list its own Google Sheet (hopefully I can embed it into the doc itself) so I can have an easier time removing characters if they actually get in as DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Misc Cards

Red (Transistor)
White (Neon White)
Pizza (Chicory: a Colorful Tale)
Harry Du Bois (Disco Elysium)
Kim Kitsuragi (Disco Elysium)

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Lilac supers win.
  • All cards will be accepted. I'm going to add the Annalynn/Freedom Planet cards first, and then see if I can embed a Google Sheets list for the Other category - That way, if any character from that list gets their series in as DLC, we can easily move them to their series' card list.
----
All that said... today's the day.

Today, we begin our DLC submissions. Just one more recap on how the DLC submission period will work:
  • Each "round" of DLC begins with contributors submitting one character and a stage to go along with them. Said stage must comes from the character's home game/series. In addition, you may only submit a character once. However, resubmissions by other users are allowed - For example, if User A submits Scrimblo Bimblo in Round 1 without success, User B may resubmit them in Round 2.
  • After we vote on the character/stage featured in one "slot" of our six-fighter pass, five "themes" will be determined given the winning character and stage. These themes are what we will adhere to when deciding bonus content.
  • We will then vote on the bonus content that will be used (probably the same day as we begin working on the fighter's moveset). Choices are as follows:
    • A second stage
    • Two new Companion Cards
    • A new mode (limit one)
    • A new boss (limit one)
  • After the bonus content is decided, it will be worked on alongside the fighter and their dedicated content. I'd imagine this all would be around one week per fighter.
  • Repeat the process five times (or potentially more if enough people want to do a second wave of DLC), and we will be done!
I know I probably did an awful job explaining it, but hopefully things will be more clear as we go along.

With that said...

Job 188: Submit a fighter and stage for DLC Slot #1!
Submit a fighter and stage to appear as part of our first batch of DLC - You may promote Companion Cards if you can find a reasonable way to keep their assist function, well, functioning, and promoting alternate costumes will also come with a job determining how to replace said costumes. However, stages must come from the fighter's source material.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon. Have fun!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 188-1: Guy Spelunky (Spelunky)

I already submitted this dapper fellow for the roguelike character job ages ago, but here's hoping second time will be the charm!

Guy Spelunky is the eponymous protagonist of the original Spelunky game (and the sequel, although he's no longer a main protagonist in that game, passing down the role to his daughter Ana). Heading into an ancient cave system in search of treasure, he finds monsters, underground shops, and immortality... somehow.

Spelunky was one of the first indie games I ever loved - Back before FNaF, Undertale, and You-Know-Who, this was the game I spent a ton of time watching on YouTube and reading up about. (Well, that and Minecraft.) I think you could make a fun moveset for Guy given the plethora of weapons and tools he uses in his home games. Plus, the ensemble cast of the series could make for fun alternate costumes!

Job 188-2: City of Gold (Spelunky 2)

The City of Gold would feature a randomly-generated layout, featuring a few platforms and hazards such as Mummies and arrow traps. Once the match nears its end, the Ghost would be released, serving as a very dangerous enemy who would deal insane damage and knockback upon contact.

Job 188:
Candyman (Lethal League)

Candyman (Lethal League)
View attachment 355151
Who is the Candyman?
Candyman is one of playable characters from 2014 Indie fighting game Lethal League, which it also got a 3D remake called Lethal League Blaze in 2018.
Candyman is a tap-dancing dandy with big yellow head and he uses his cane to hit the ball. His special ability is changing the chemical composition of certain objects to give them strange and odd properties due to his mutation.
He’s jazzy, expressive and crazy. Always enjoying himself too.
(Fun Fact: Did you know that his vocie actor is actual creator of Trollface meme?)

Lethal League is little bit niche indie game comparing to others like Undertale, but it's also a cult classic among it's fans. Candyman is one of most popular LL character and Lethal League should deserves to have a proper representation in Allstar Strife as playable fighter.

His moveset would be borrowed from Lethal League game and he would also have original attacks in game. His main gimmick would be his
ball. He uses his ball as projectile to attack the opponents, but if he loses it, he uses his melee attacks only
(Although he could spawn the ball as his shield special just like Anton).

Also one of hisnSupers would be similar to MinMin's ARMS rush, where he summons other LL characters to attack the opponents.

Why Candyman as Fighter:
I nominate Candyman from Lethal League as fighter, because he would represent Team Reptile's indie game Lethal league, which it wasn't represented as fighter.
Also his moveset would be quirky and unique for a indie fighting game.

Also I'll include it because the song "Ain't nothin' like a funky beat" was made by Hideki Naganuma, who composed this banger.

I forgot that I wanted to present you a song that would appear in his DLC pack (Not submitting by the way). It was composed by Hideki Naganuma (aka FUNKY UNCLE):

Stage submission:

Room 21 is a stage introduced in the original Lethal League and reappeared in Blaze version. The stage is a padded room, appearing to be mental asylum. This stage is home to Candyman because of his insane nature.

The layout of this stage would be walk-off stage like in the real game. It doesn't include any cameos since it would be a prison.
When the character hits the wall of the room, the alarms will flash red, making the room appear red.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fall Guy

A character I'm honestly surprised didn't make the base game. Fall Guy would likely be slow, heavy, and shockingly weak for his weight, but with some great range thanks to summonable hazards - perhaps he could interact with his hazards to traverse quicker.

See Saw

An extremely simple stage - it's a single platform that tilts with weight. You can see Fall Guys falling in the background.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, time to come in here because there's someone who I think needs to be in here

CommanderVideo (BIT.TRIP)
Runner2.png

There was once a time where this man was in ****ing everything under the sun. There was once a time where if you had an indie game, or a game that crossed over with any indie title, this guy would probably be there. He was ubiquitous. BIT.TRIP was one of the more popular indie games at the time. He got a trophy in Smash 4. Let me repeat that - my man literally got a trophy in Smash 4. Before any other indie got representation in Smash.

And all of that is why I'm absolutely disgusted at the amount of CommanderVideo erasure I see now. To me, at least, he was genuinely one of the biggest faces of the indie scene during the time he was around. IMO, this dude's an icon of the pre-Undertale era of indie games, and I don't really get why we haven't added him yet. Let's make things right.

Stage: BIT.TRIP Runner
2011-06-28-bitripsagawii.jpg

I don't see what else CommanderVideo's stage could be, honestly! This stage will take place in the location shown in the image. Sometimes, however, the stage starts scrolling to the right, and fighters will have to jump over the obstacles.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Screenshot 2022-06-27 12.33.53 PM.png

DLC Character #1: Jevil(Deltarune)

Jevil is the secret boss from Deltarune. Formerly the court jester for the Chaos King, he became mad and was imprisoned on the ??????th floor of the Card Castle. He tends to break the rules of reality from time to time
Screenshot 2022-06-27 12.42.16 PM.png

DLC Stage #1: Merry-Go-Chaos

Jevil's prison that is located outside space and time. It mainly just spins​

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
THE BEHEADED
1656377197879.png
The Beheaded, the Prisoner, Bobby, the name you want, it's the protagonist of Dead Cells, one of the best roguelikes and metroidvanias of the catalogue and a must buy if you are a fan of any of both genres, the fast combat and very rewarding exploration alongside the speedrun elements makes it very fun to play.
I consider The Beheaded a character that would be very cool to have here, it also appeared in Brawlout and in another platformer game that I forgot the name. It would be one of those characters that requires dextrity but that are very rewarding.
1656377283524.png
For his stage my submission is the Clock Tower, one of the most iconic stages in the game due is particular gimmick about find keys to surpass the level and the music that it's chef kiss one of the bests in a game with a lot of great songs. It would be a vertical stage with an elevator and some enemies could appear in the stage either being passive or being agressive towards the players.
Oh yeah the Beheaded definitively would be i-sees the Fall Guy and a Deltarune character submitted

Baysha

Smash Ace
Th18Reimu.png

Reimu Hakurei

Reimu Hakurei is the protagonist of the Touhou series of games and keeper of the Hakurei shrine. She would have a zoner playstyle due to her genre of origin. Touhou has had multiple fighting games to its name, so she's definitely not a stranger to this genre. As for iconic status, Touhou is so popular that Reimu has been speculated as a possible character for regular old non-indie Smash Bros. Yep, she's up there with Sans and Freddy Fazbear in terms of popularity. It definitely isn't as popular in the west in its peak, but it's still relatively well-known. These are the reasons why I believe she should be a DLC character in All-Star Strife.

Th135_Hakurei_Shrine.png

Hakurei Shrine

A simple stage with the roof of the shrine acting as a large soft platform at the top. Occasionally, characters from the Touhou series will swoop in and attack the shrine, shooting projectiles at fighters. They will either attack the top (in which case the projectiles will not pass through the platform) or the bottom.

HakureiShrineLayout.png

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
  • Guy Spelunky + City of Gold (Spelunky) (FazDude)
  • Candyman + Room 21 (Lethal League) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Fall Guy + See Saw (Fall Guys) (Wario Wario Wario)
  • CommanderVideo + BIT.TRIP Runner (Bit.Trip) (Speed Weed)
  • Jevil + Merry-Go-Chaos (Deltarune) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Drifer + The Abyss (Hyper Light Drifter) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • The Beheaded + Clock Tower (Dead Cells) Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Reimu + Hakurei Shrine (Touhou) (Baysha)
  • Neon White + Hell (Neon White) (cashregister9)
  • Juan + Pueblucho (Guacamelee) (Darkonedagger)
Please pick your top five from this list (self-voting is allowed from 2nd-5th place). The top fighter/stage combo will be added!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Reimu
2. CommanderVideo
3. Guy Spelunky
4. Beheaded
5. Juan

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Juan
2. CommanderVideo
3. The Beheaded
4. Reimu
5. Guy Spelunky

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed, and the results are in! Like I mentioned in my status, great picks all around, but only one can be our first DLC fighter. Let's take a look at the results...
  • Neon White: 1
  • Fall Guy: 3
  • Jevil: 4
  • Guy Spelunky: 7
  • Beheaded: 8
  • Candyman: 10
  • Drifter: 12
  • Juan: 16
  • CommanderVideo: 24
  • Reimu: 34
Reimu Seals the Deal!

Hakurei Shrine will be Reimu's stage. Congratulations to Baysha Baysha !

Themes:
Bullet Hell
Shooter
Supernatural
Magic
Anime​

Job 189: Submit a moveset for Reimu!
Please submit a Neutral/Forward/Back/Up/Down/Guard special for Reimu!

Job 190: Vote on Reimu's bonus content!
Please vote here for Reimu's bonus content. Keep in mind that all bonus content must be linked to the themes listed above. Also note that if a new mode or boss wins the vote, no future DLC fighters will be able to have one.

Submissions for Reimu's moveset and voting for bonus content closes tomorrow!

(By the way, I've just added a brief spoiler tab to the initial post containing some information about the game; Mainly just fighters, stages, and bosses for now. The Google Doc will remain as the hub for everything related to the game, but hopefully this tab will serve as a handy-dandy resource for new contributors and those who need a refresher.)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Reimu Specials:
  • Neutral: Danmaku - Fires a steady stream of non flinching bullets from her Yin-Yang Orbs
  • Foward: Gohei Spin - Spins her Gohei three times towards the opponent
  • Back: Persuasion Needles - Throws Needles from behind her
  • Up: Fantasy Nature - Launches upward in a left or right angle
  • Down: Bomb Card - Throws down a card that removes projectiles, knocks enemies back and stops her momentum
  • Guard: Gap Portal - Summons a Gap Portal that stuns opponents

Top Bottom