• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A Kingdom Hearts Without Disney

What/who should be the main company/idea for this AU Kingdom Hearts?

• Cartoons as a whole

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Warner Bros

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 7

As for Square IP, I still feel the Final Fantasy cast should be the main focus. However, I would like the integration of other Square Enix IPs as well in future Kingdom Hearts games in our AU. Maybe we can have Square worlds in future games as well!

Job 8

Animators Light

Similar to the 7 Princesses of Light, these are seven warriors from across different dimensions who hold the ultimate light to fight against the darknesses. This legion consists of 7 heroes who created those lights as well as the keyblades.

These jobs will end probably Tuesday I hope.

Sora's Partners:
  1. Astro Boy and Popeye
  2. Woody Woodpecker and Felix
  3. Scooby and Shaggy
  4. Bugs and SpongeBob
I concur that having an "East meets West" approach to the partners would be great, and Betty Boop was popular in Japan back in the 30s.
Honestly, I would consider Woody and Felix to be equal with Scooby and Shaggy in the game's appeal. If I could make them a tie, I would.
Unfortunately, Spongebob would be too recent for 2002, so that drags Bugs down a few notches. I know people are going to use Tarzan as a rebuttal, but the character himself has been adapted as early as the silent film era. Maybe he can be a summon.

Job 7: Final Fantasy Representation

As this would still be a Squaresoft game at launch, I say we should incorporate Final Fantasy characters and elements into the lore. And not just the ones from FF7 and beyond, but also some recognition to the Nintendo entries.

Job 8: The Establishment of Lore

A long time ago, out of sheer whimsy, a lonely artist decided to pick up an inkpen to draw. What that artist didn't know was that he began the process of "animation", which has since become a time-honored tradition.

Fast forward to the present day, and the cartoon characters of old and new have spread out into another dimension. One where magic is infinite, animals can talk, and mice pilot steamboats. Okay, maybe not that last one.

In this all-toon dimension, there are 10 rulers that walk among the commoners. One ruler for every aspect of animation there is. Sometimes, the positions rule in and out, but there have always been a decadent amount of characters in charge of the animated universe.

And yet, in each ruler, there lives a heart. And they call the pantheon.....Kingdom Hearts.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast It's Tuesday now. Are you ready to commence voting?
Apologies for my lateness but again, real life gets to me and I have a lack of energy most days to update my creation threads. Time for the results...

Scooby-Doo and Shaggy: 11
Bugs Bunny and SpongeBob: 2
Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody: 9
Astro Boy and Popeye: 20
Daffy Duck and Patrick Star: 5
Felix the Cat and Astro Boy: 22
Woody Woodpecker and Felix the Cat: 8
Marvin the Martian and Popeye: 0 :(
Gertie the Dinosaur and Katsudō Shashin Sailor: 9

I believe I got the calculations right but Astro Boy and Popeye will be Sora's partners so congrats to Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 for their wonderful submission! Also, as for Square Enix IPs, we will have a focus on Final Fantasy but will be incorporating other Square Enix IPs later on.

Now, let's vote on lore!

Job 7: We should still include them and not only that. We could possibly have them appear in more worlds as well. We can also add other Sqaure Enix IPs if we want as well since TWEWY was in Dream Drop Distance. We can try to make room for Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, and more if we want.

Job 8: If we're only talking about the first game that came out in 2002. There was an council of Disney Villains as the main bad group but we haven't decided what IP we are gonna include yet. If this job is what I think it is, then here's lore I came up with for this.

Very long ago at the age of fairy tales. When worlds were just recently born from Kingdom Hearts. There was two entitles who were from both very different worlds and backgrounds. One of pure light and one of pure darkness. Somehow, these two beings were able to meet and forged an friendship unlike any other. They went around across many worlds together. Meeting many people along the way as travelers and creating newer experiences together.

The entity of pure light saw the good and courage in others, believing in them that they can make the best in everything and overcome anything. However, the entity of pure darkness couldn't understand why the worlds are the way they are. Behind the nice similes of others, he saw hidden malice in them and believing their kindness were an facade. Believing they will bring ruin to the worlds.

Both entitles clashed because of their different beliefs. After one thing happened after another, the entity of pure darkness decided the worlds must be wiped out clean by using the power of Kingdom Hearts. So that there will be no more lies or malice. While the entity of pure light still believes in preserving the light of others and wanted the worlds to live. Both who were once friends waged war against each other, resulting in an outcome that led to demise of both entitles.

However, the souls of both entitles were actually scattered into 20 pieces that will led to them being reincarnations of them in the future. 13 individuals each born with a piece of the Darkness entity and 7 individuals each born with a piece of the Light entity in them. Fate has been said that if 20 of these individuals were to clash. A new war between light and darkness shall rage once more. These tales has inspired people to create an organization known as the Keyblade Order, creating Key-shaped weapons inspired from the actions and might of the Light entity to combat the darkness in many worlds. However, there were a few Keyblade welders who actually believed in the Darkness Entity's cause and wanted to finish where they left off.

And one of them who strongly believed in the Darkness entity's cause the most...was a man named Xehanort.

I think i'll leave it here for now.

Gertie and Sailor
Feilx the Cat and Astro Boy
Astro Boy and Popeye
Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody
  1. Shaggy and Scooby-Doo
  2. Badtz and Melody
  3. Gertie and Sailor
  4. Woody and Felix
Job 7: Yes, I feel like there should be Square-Enix representation.

Job 8:

The Balanced Heart

People are born with a mixture of Light and Darkness in their hearts as it is the natural order of the world. Both can give power, but both can corrupt, Light more subtly than Darkness and if one isn't careful, their hearts can be blinded by the Light or Shrouded by the Darkness. But there have been individuals who can master the powers of Light and Dark and not fall to either's grasp. They are known as a Balanced Heart and they tend to be rare. When Sora comes to master Anti-Form later in the series, he becomes a Balanced Heart
Voting
  1. Felix the Cat & Astro Boy
  2. Bad Badtz-Maru & My Melody
  3. Woody Woodpecker & Felix the Cat
  4. Daffy Duck & Patrick Star
Job #07
I think incorporating Square Enix IP as a whole would be a lot of fun, but it'd make sense to predominantly focus on something like Final Fantasy given its size, whilst then including some other franchises less often (like TWEWY, Dragon Quest, and so on.) Even so, including a couple of weirder characters from stuff like Ergheiz or even some acquired stuff (like Bub, from Bubble Bobble!) could be really fun too.

Job #08
In the beginning, there was only White Space, a blank void containing nothing but abstract ideas. However, a being beyond comprehension, for reasons that cannot be understood, introduced a new founding element to the world, from which everything was created. We know them as the Animator, and the element in question was Ink. Everything in this reality consists of a mixture of White Space and Ink, though neither of these extremes are necessarily aligned specifically to "good" or "evil". However, while straddling close to the extremes of these two fundamental forces can grant exceptional power, those who fall too far to either side of the pendulum of light and darkness will be unmade - effectively, they are drawn completely out of existence.

In a long-forgotten kingdom in a lost time of ancient history, the Observers discovered the nature of this reality, and realised that reality's alignment may also be altered depending on the saturation of Ink or White Space that exists. Horrified by the implication that their reality could be destroyed by even a single, sufficiently powerful individual, they toiled in secret to devise a perfectly harmonised bubble made up of a perfect mix between Ink and White Space - which, should this reality be unmade, would allow a new one to spring into life. However, they soon realised that this harmony would require an external source of power in order to keep it active - and so all of the Observers connected themselves directly to the machine, becoming a part of it in the process.

With their sacrifice, they had devised the solution to their reality's existential problem - Kingdom Hearts.
Job 7

As for Square IP, I still feel the Final Fantasy cast should be the main focus. However, I would like the integration of other Square Enix IPs as well in future Kingdom Hearts games in our AU. Maybe we can have Square worlds in future games as well!

Job 8

Animators Light

Similar to the 7 Princesses of Light, these are seven warriors from across different dimensions who hold the ultimate light to fight against the darknesses. This legion consists of 7 heroes who created those lights as well as the keyblades.

These jobs will end probably Tuesday I hope.
Sora's Partners:
  1. Astro Boy and Popeye
  2. Woody Woodpecker and Felix
  3. Scooby and Shaggy
  4. Bugs and SpongeBob
I concur that having an "East meets West" approach to the partners would be great, and Betty Boop was popular in Japan back in the 30s.
Honestly, I would consider Woody and Felix to be equal with Scooby and Shaggy in the game's appeal. If I could make them a tie, I would.
Unfortunately, Spongebob would be too recent for 2002, so that drags Bugs down a few notches. I know people are going to use Tarzan as a rebuttal, but the character himself has been adapted as early as the silent film era. Maybe he can be a summon.

Job 7: Final Fantasy Representation

As this would still be a Squaresoft game at launch, I say we should incorporate Final Fantasy characters and elements into the lore. And not just the ones from FF7 and beyond, but also some recognition to the Nintendo entries.

Job 8: The Establishment of Lore

A long time ago, out of sheer whimsy, a lonely artist decided to pick up an inkpen to draw. What that artist didn't know was that he began the process of "animation", which has since become a time-honored tradition.

Fast forward to the present day, and the cartoon characters of old and new have spread out into another dimension. One where magic is infinite, animals can talk, and mice pilot steamboats. Okay, maybe not that last one.

In this all-toon dimension, there are 10 rulers that walk among the commoners. One ruler for every aspect of animation there is. Sometimes, the positions rule in and out, but there have always been a decadent amount of characters in charge of the animated universe.

And yet, in each ruler, there lives a heart. And they call the pantheon.....Kingdom Hearts.
Keyblade Order Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
The Balanced Heart Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Kingdom Hearts's formation according to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Animators Light AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Kingdom Hearts's formation according to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye

Vote for your top 3 ideas to be added as lore but you can only vote for your own in last place! The top 2 pieces of lore will be added most likely!

1. Kingdom Hearts by Master Hero
2. The Balanced Heart
3. Keyblade Order

darkvortex

Smash Lord
for our story:

Assuming we go with he KH1 set up of the worlds being separate and splintered and not aware of each other or the Keyblade for the most part (though I'd like to keep that KH1 element where powerful beings like Genie and Triton are aware) . But rather than the Mickey mouse universe being the "main one" maybe it should be a group or canal of worlds . Perhaps some older worlds considering how who out Donald and Goofy stand ins are. We should also probably figure out who out King Mickey stand and our villain are.

also for later I do think we should have fun extra stuff like the Dalmations from 1, where characters who don't find their own world have a role.

just some thoughts

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
for our story:

Assuming we go with he KH1 set up of the worlds being separate and splintered and not aware of each other or the Keyblade for the most part (though I'd like to keep that KH1 element where powerful beings like Genie and Triton are aware) . But rather than the Mickey mouse universe being the "main one" maybe it should be a group or canal of worlds . Perhaps some older worlds considering how who out Donald and Goofy stand ins are. We should also probably figure out who out King Mickey stand and our villain are.

also for later I do think we should have fun extra stuff like the Dalmations from 1, where characters who don't find their own world have a role.

just some thoughts
I think since we're covering so many tones, we could get away with including some of the more light hearted Final Fantasy villains like Exdeath and Gilgamesh, I think Exdeath would be a very cool superboss/antagonist.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think since we're covering so many tones, we could get away with including some of the more light hearted Final Fantasy villains like Exdeath and Gilgamesh, I think Exdeath would be a very cool superboss/antagonist.
Both would be very cool . I do want to keep doing more varied FF and Sqaure stuff and would love to be able to include the scrapped Bahumut summon because I just think the concept is very funny

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
One thing that i wonder is which character will be King Mickey-like

My idea is the Kingdom Hearts with animation will have 2 kings for both cartoons and animes who could be Mickey for cartoons and Goku for animes, or 4 kings of also both cartoons and animes,but in 2 kings for each animation side,for cartoons should be Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny and for animes should be Goku and Sailor Moon

darkvortex

Smash Lord
One thing that i wonder is which character will be King Mickey-like

My idea is the Kingdom Hearts with animation will have 2 kings for both cartoons and animes who could be Mickey for cartoons and Goku for animes, or 4 kings of also both cartoons and animes,but in 2 kings for each animation side,for cartoons should be Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny and for animes should be Goku and Sailor Moon
pretty sure we're not using any Disney (or pixar) characters

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright....so sorry it's been a while. Real life stuff slows me down but for the lore piece...

Keyblade Order: 11
The Balanced Heart: 4
Knee's Kingdom Hearts Formation: 14
Animator's Light: 12

Master's Kingdom Hearts Formation: 7

It seems the pieces of lore me and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 proposed will get in so....congrats to us!

Now, onto the next job which I thank the idea from KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Job 9:

Submit a character to be the "King Mickey" for our Kingdom Hearts and explain why the character deserves to be the king/overseer of all the worlds. Get submitting!

Job 9: King of the Land

I would suggest Popeye the Sailor as the overseer.
Popeye - Wikipedia

We all know Popeye, right? Buff sailor, eats spinach, knocks out everything that breathes when provoked. But as an overseer of this version of Kingdom Hearts? That would require some workaround.

Perhaps it's not a kingdom of Toons, but rather a democracy that the populace trusts Popeye to run. Along with Olive Oyl by his side, of course. Due to his duties as president or whatever it's called, he's forced to restrain himself and keep his spinach eating to a minimum of one fight per week. This has the added benefit of making the end of a Popeye cartoon that more effective in video game form.

How would Felix and Astro Boy work alongside him? That can be something to explain at a later point. All I'll say is that it involves World War 2.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
look,my submission will be a cheat because it's saying to submitting one character but i will submit a duo of characters,so....let's go

Job 9: Mickey Mouse & Bugs Bunny and Goku & Sailor Moon

1707356628179.jpeg

1707356841795.jpeg

(the image of Bugs Bunny is a fanart and i didn't find the artist)

yes,it's not one character who will be the King Mickey on our Kingdom Hearts,it will be 4 characters as rulers,2 who are cartoon characters and 2 who are anime characters, Mickey and Bugs are the rulers on Cartoon side and Goku and Sailor Moon are the rulers on Anime side,it's like Yin-Yang or a scale on perfect balance,and their relationships of the quartet it's like siblings or family (and hypothetically people will ship Goku and Sailor Moon).

Mickey's design could be the same from Kingdom Hearts series, Bugs also have his own design as keyblade wielder, Goku and Sailor Moon can have designs who could be very differentiated, Goku could be have a design similar and inspired Goku from Xenoverse and and Sailor Moon could be have a design similar on Eternal Sailor Moon,and both Goku and Sailor Moon have their own keyblades

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mickey equivalent: Shrek

The lovely, lively ogre may have taken down the offer to become king in canon, but this iteration of him has taken this challenge head-on. Unlike Mickey, he's not a perfect ruler - prone to half-assing, slacking, or resorting to violence when not needed - but when push comes to shove, he'll defend the multiverse by any means necessary.

I originally wanted to go for a "wholesome" character, to fit Mickey, but none of the characters I could think of felt iconic enough to get such a big role, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
look,my submission will be a cheat because it's saying to submitting one character but i will submit a duo of characters,so....let's go

Job 9: Mickey Mouse & Bugs Bunny and Goku & Sailor Moon

View attachment 384387

View attachment 384388

(the image of Bugs Bunny is a fanart and i didn't find the artist)

yes,it's not one character who will be the King Mickey on our Kingdom Hearts,it will be 4 characters as rulers,2 who are cartoon characters and 2 who are anime characters, Mickey and Bugs are the rulers on Cartoon side and Goku and Sailor Moon are the rulers on Anime side,it's like Yin-Yang or a scale on perfect balance,and their relationships of the quartet it's like siblings or family (and hypothetically people will ship Goku and Sailor Moon).

Mickey's design could be the same from Kingdom Hearts series, Bugs also have his own design as keyblade wielder, Goku and Sailor Moon can have designs who could be very differentiated, Goku could be have a design similar and inspired Goku from Xenoverse and and Sailor Moon could be have a design similar on Eternal Sailor Moon,and both Goku and Sailor Moon have their own keyblades
Aren't we not including Disney stuff

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, this one's probably a little odd - but I think it'd be interesting, and oddly enough, kind of fitting.

Character Name: Pinocchio
Character Origin: basically every animated iteration of him, but mainly inspired by the cancelled 1936 Italian adaptation Le avventure di Pinocchio

Pinocchio is, in the most literal sense possible, an animated character. He's been immortalised in animation throughout history, he's an instantly recognisable character across the world - and he is, quite literally, animated. (As in, animated wood.) Plus, he's actually appeared a lot over time, perhaps due to the endlessly alluring nature of his tales. Even beyond this, Pinocchio has potential otherwise. His character is often deliberately described as meaning well, but being curious and occasionally turning to vices - like any child, he teeters on the edge of darkness and light.

However, in this interpretation, he would be older - perhaps a teenager - and a little more mature than his childlike interpretations before this point. Unlike King Mickey (who has never fought with his inner darkness), Pinocchio is flawed - powerful, yes, but not perfect. Additionally, due to being literally animated by magic, he is exceptionally adept at the use of it - specialising in earth-based magic that utilises trees as an interesting thematic tie to his physical form. Notably, he's not based on Disney's interpretation of the character - rather, a mishmash of different interpretations, with a style more similar to his look in posters for Le Avventure di Pinocchio and the like, albeit perhaps with a slightly more polished look.

The important thing about Pinocchio in this world is that he tries his best. He's not an idealised, perfect puppet. In fact, he has all of the flaws of a real boy, but chooses to fight for what he believes is right. It may be made of wood, but his heart is in the right place.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 9: Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse
The Mickey Mouse 'Steamboat Willie' Situation, Explained

Yep, I decided to say that Mickey Mouse would be a King of some sorts once more. But however, very recently this year. The Steamboat Willy version of Mickey Mouse has become public domain, meaning anyone can use this version of the character and not have it be affricated with Disney. Which is why I'm submitting this version of Mickey. We can technically put Mickey in without being Disney and which also means its technically a new original cartoon character for this version of KH.

with Knee's Kingdom Hearts Formation being accepted as lore. This version of Mickey would be one of the first new beings created after the Observers sacrificed themselves to create Kingdom Hearts. This version of Mickey would eventually build a boat and became a captain of his own to travel across many countless worlds for countless of years. Sometimes watching and sometimes interfering out of his own kindness. Even gathering a crew consisted of people from different worlds overtime and treating them like a family. Nowadays, there were rumors and legends of a mouse and his crew using a Steamboat to watch over the worlds like a captain. Or even like a King.

Mickey could techinally use a Keyblade but makes most of his Toon Physics as an ability if he were to be in a conflict (think of it like Gear 5 Luffy but as a Mouse) and at the last resort, he could use the Ink out from his own body to repel the Heartless (or any darkness creature fraction that replaces the Heartless in this KH) but it would drain him up, leading him to recharge for a while. It helps that he has many years worth of experience.

With this Mouse out of a certain corporation's hands. May he sail into a different and exciting adventure with his Steamboat

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
The Mickey Mouse 'Steamboat Willie' Situation, Explained'Steamboat Willie' Situation, Explained

Yep, I decided to say that Mickey Mouse would be a King of some sorts once more. But however, very recently this year. The Steamboat Willy version of Mickey Mouse has become public domain, meaning anyone can use this version of the character and not have it be affricated with Disney. Which is why I'm submitting this version of Mickey. We can technically put Mickey in without being Disney and which also means its technically a new original cartoon character for this version of KH.

with Knee's Kingdom Hearts Formation being accepted as lore. This version of Mickey would be one of the first new beings created after the Observers sacrificed themselves to create Kingdom Hearts. This version of Mickey would eventually build a boat and became a captain of his own to travel across many countless worlds for countless of years. Sometimes watching and sometimes interfering out of his own kindness. Even gathering a crew consisted of people from different worlds overtime and treating them like a family. Nowadays, there were rumors and legends of a mouse and his crew using a Steamboat to watch over the worlds like a captain. Or even like a King.

Mickey could techinally use a Keyblade but makes most of his Toon Physics as an ability if he were to be in a conflict (think of it like Gear 5 Luffy but as a Mouse) and at the last resort, he could use the Ink out from his own body to repel the Heartless (or any darkness creature fraction that replaces the Heartless in this KH) but it would drain him up, leading him to recharge for a while. It helps that he has many years worth of experience.

With this Mouse out of a certain corporation's hands. May he sail into a different and exciting adventure with his Steamboat
Isn't out game coming out at the same time as KH1 (2003)?

I do actually like the idea though

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Homer_Simpson_2006.png

Homer Simpson
He's very iconic. I think if we're gonna lean into he weirdness of this whole concept then including Homer on here make sense. The yellow father has found himself in an unlikely position of leadership. Considering we don't see the King for most of KH1 until the ending. The reveal of his iconic shadow would be a huge moment. He would be a good king, trying his best. He would have a donut themed keyblade.

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job 9: King of The Land

Spongebob Squarepants
Character Debut: "Help Wanted" (May 1st, 1999)

1707594321632.png

One of the most popular cartoons of all time, he is a sponge, who, of course, lives in a pineapple under the sea of Bikini Bottom. This fry cook is ready to be a king, and it shows. With being the juggernaut of Nickelodeon, he is sure ready to drop on the deck and flop like a fish.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
King of The Land

Fantasmagorie Stick Man (Fantasmagorie)

unnamed.jpg

One of the oldest animated characters known out there and he would fit super well into Knee's piece of lore in terms of the Kingdom Hearts formation as this is when White Space was to be taken over. He simply will be revealed at the end of the first game as...well, the oldest animated character there is and stayed the longest in the land, riding an elephant as seen in his cartoon.

I will keep this job open till Thursday (I hope).

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I will change my submission

Job 9: Goku (Dragon Ball)

images (3).jpeg

Yeah,the most iconic anime character will be the king of the land,and it could be cool Goku as a keyblade wielder

I wanted to submit Doraemon,but i think that Goku is better choice

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 9: King of the Land

I would suggest Popeye the Sailor as the overseer.
View attachment 384389
We all know Popeye, right? Buff sailor, eats spinach, knocks out everything that breathes when provoked. But as an overseer of this version of Kingdom Hearts? That would require some workaround.

Perhaps it's not a kingdom of Toons, but rather a democracy that the populace trusts Popeye to run. Along with Olive Oyl by his side, of course. Due to his duties as president or whatever it's called, he's forced to restrain himself and keep his spinach eating to a minimum of one fight per week. This has the added benefit of making the end of a Popeye cartoon that more effective in video game form.

How would Felix and Astro Boy work alongside him? That can be something to explain at a later point. All I'll say is that it involves World War 2.
Mickey equivalent: Shrek

The lovely, lively ogre may have taken down the offer to become king in canon, but this iteration of him has taken this challenge head-on. Unlike Mickey, he's not a perfect ruler - prone to half-assing, slacking, or resorting to violence when not needed - but when push comes to shove, he'll defend the multiverse by any means necessary.

I originally wanted to go for a "wholesome" character, to fit Mickey, but none of the characters I could think of felt iconic enough to get such a big role, if that makes sense.
Okay, this one's probably a little odd - but I think it'd be interesting, and oddly enough, kind of fitting.

Character Name: Pinocchio
Character Origin: basically every animated iteration of him, but mainly inspired by the cancelled 1936 Italian adaptation Le avventure di Pinocchio

Pinocchio is, in the most literal sense possible, an animated character. He's been immortalised in animation throughout history, he's an instantly recognisable character across the world - and he is, quite literally, animated. (As in, animated wood.) Plus, he's actually appeared a lot over time, perhaps due to the endlessly alluring nature of his tales. Even beyond this, Pinocchio has potential otherwise. His character is often deliberately described as meaning well, but being curious and occasionally turning to vices - like any child, he teeters on the edge of darkness and light.

However, in this interpretation, he would be older - perhaps a teenager - and a little more mature than his childlike interpretations before this point. Unlike King Mickey (who has never fought with his inner darkness), Pinocchio is flawed - powerful, yes, but not perfect. Additionally, due to being literally animated by magic, he is exceptionally adept at the use of it - specialising in earth-based magic that utilises trees as an interesting thematic tie to his physical form. Notably, he's not based on Disney's interpretation of the character - rather, a mishmash of different interpretations, with a style more similar to his look in posters for Le Avventure di Pinocchio and the like, albeit perhaps with a slightly more polished look.

The important thing about Pinocchio in this world is that he tries his best. He's not an idealised, perfect puppet. In fact, he has all of the flaws of a real boy, but chooses to fight for what he believes is right. It may be made of wood, but his heart is in the right place.
The Mickey Mouse 'Steamboat Willie' Situation, Explained'Steamboat Willie' Situation, Explained

Fred Flintstone
Since the series takes place in the Stone Age, he would be perfect as a king who watches across all time. He will be given immortality and a key shaped club in our continuity.
View attachment 384481
Homer Simpson
He's very iconic. I think if we're gonna lean into he weirdness of this whole concept then including Homer on here make sense. The yellow father has found himself in an unlikely position of leadership. Considering we don't see the King for most of KH1 until the ending. The reveal of his iconic shadow would be a huge moment. He would be a good king, trying his best. He would have a donut themed keyblade.
Job 9: King of The Land

Spongebob Squarepants
Character Debut: "Help Wanted" (May 1st, 1999)

View attachment 384543
One of the most popular cartoons of all time, he is a sponge, who, of course, lives in a pineapple under the sea of Bikini Bottom. This fry cook is ready to be a king, and it shows. With being the juggernaut of Nickelodeon, he is sure ready to drop on the deck and flop like a fish.
King of The Land

Fantasmagorie Stick Man (Fantasmagorie)

View attachment 384804

One of the oldest animated characters known out there and he would fit super well into Knee's piece of lore in terms of the Kingdom Hearts formation as this is when White Space was to be taken over. He simply will be revealed at the end of the first game as...well, the oldest animated character there is and stayed the longest in the land, riding an elephant as seen in his cartoon.

I will keep this job open till Thursday (I hope).
I will change my submission

Job 9: Goku (Dragon Ball)

View attachment 384815

Yeah,the most iconic anime character will be the king of the land,and it could be cool Goku as a keyblade wielder

I wanted to submit Doraemon,but i think that Goku is better choice
Job 9: Bugs Bunny

Likely the most famous cartoon character besides Mickey Mouse himself.
Alright, this job is now closed it's time to vote! Vote for your top 5 but you can only put your own submission in FOURTH or FIFTH!

Popeye M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye
Shrek Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Pinocchio KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Homer Simpson (The Simpsons) darkvortex darkvortex
SpongeBob SquarePants O Owen
Fantasmagorie Stick Man (Fantasmagorie) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Goku (Dragon Ball Z) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) Oggy123 Oggy123

1. Shrek
2. Pinocchio