• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landry

Smash Ace
Interesting, what version of GeckOS are you using, did your gameconfig.txt possibly get deleted and any other relevant information.
I've got Gecko 1.9.1. Now that I think of it, though, it looks like my gameconfig.txt is gone. I'd say that'd probably be the root of the problem. Thanks.

EDIT: That was the problem. Thanks again.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I've got Gecko 1.9.1. Now that I think of it, though, it looks like my gameconfig.txt is gone. I'd say that'd probably be the root of the problem. Thanks.

EDIT: That was the problem. Thanks again.
Glad to help, you likely prepped an SD card and that caused the issue. Just remember that next time but it should go fine now.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Rather than make another topic first, I'll ask here

I'm very curious as to how Peach's F Smash and Turnip/item pulls work. At the Peach Boards, we've done some testing but we haven't had much success. The only things we know are:

- F Smash and Down special pulls appear to be random
- You can't get the same F Smash in a row (so you can't hit with a Golf Club and then hit with another Golf club the next time you use F Smash)
- The chance of pulling a Stitchface Turnip is 1/58 as stated in the SSBB website

I've tried to do some Turnip testing but I've had pretty much no success as results seem to be different everytime. I was wondering if something fancy (e.g. a hack) could be used to look into what factors affect Turnip pulls or F smash type. If we could find out how to determine what Peach pulls up during a Turnip pull, it would improve her dramatically. Hopefully such a thing wouldn't be classed as 'cheating' and I'd rather not make Peach too broken (although constant Bo-ombs would be pretty funny)

Sadly I know next to nothing about computers and hacking and the like. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out or at least give me some advice in the matter. Thanks in advance

illinialex24

Smash Hero
how to edit STGEMBLEM_00? when I try to play on castle siege tha game freeze
Isn't that a 3 part stage, like many of them?? I think you just need to be careful when you hack it, the other parts should work with the original.

Rather than make another topic first, I'll ask here

I'm very curious as to how Peach's F Smash and Turnip/item pulls work. At the Peach Boards, we've done some testing but we haven't had much success. The only things we know are:

- F Smash and Down special pulls appear to be random
- You can't get the same F Smash in a row (so you can't hit with a Golf Club and then hit with another Golf club the next time you use F Smash)
- The chance of pulling a Stitchface Turnip is 1/58 as stated in the SSBB website

I've tried to do some Turnip testing but I've had pretty much no success as results seem to be different everytime. I was wondering if something fancy (e.g. a hack) could be used to look into what factors affect Turnip pulls or F smash type. If we could find out how to determine what Peach pulls up during a Turnip pull, it would improve her dramatically. Hopefully such a thing wouldn't be classed as 'cheating' and I'd rather not make Peach too broken (although constant Bo-ombs would be pretty funny)

Sadly I know next to nothing about computers and hacking and the like. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out or at least give me some advice in the matter. Thanks in advance
It wouldn't be cheating and it'd be hard to record or set a program to do it, but its easy to set a hack to essentially make pulling up a turnip no lag and F-smash take no time.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
How do I extract a .pac file with WiiScrubber (as stated in the ASH readme file)? I can't extract anything but ISO files, and when I attempt to extract a .pac file, there is an "error on load".

[If this question is somehow illegal or prohibited in someway, I guess just tell me it is against the rules and do not answer the question.]

the5souls

Smash Cadet
Omg . . . . . . . . . .
Okay. . . . . . . . . . . is the instant deletion of nearly half of my pictures/works/projects/documents on my computer normal??? Because my 95% of the icons and folders disappeared off the face of my desktop, and I can't find them in any other folder. . . . . . .

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Omg . . . . . . . . . .
Okay. . . . . . . . . . . is the instant deletion of nearly half of my pictures/works/projects/documents on my computer normal??? Because my 95% of the icons and folders disappeared off the face of my desktop, and I can't find them in any other folder. . . . . . .
Use a backup program to prevent this in the future.

Honestly, if you say the files were really DELETED and you don't remember storing them anywhere else then where you've already looked, they're gone. You could try using advanced search options, but from what you're saying I'd just start remaking everything.

---> Norton Ghost <--- is a pretty good backup program.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
How do I extract a .pac file with WiiScrubber (as stated in the ASH readme file)? I can't extract anything but ISO files, and when I attempt to extract a .pac file, there is an "error on load".

[If this question is somehow illegal or prohibited in someway, I guess just tell me it is against the rules and do not answer the question.]
Get a wii key..... (Illegal to find lol generally)

Omg . . . . . . . . . .
That means that that is your directory, if you put the files in the directory of other stuff, bad things happen.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
Get a wii key..... (Illegal to find lol generally)

That means that that is your directory, if you put the files in the directory of other stuff, bad things happen.
Ugh... no warning or words of caution or anything... -___-
Yes, yes, I know I should have been careful, and I COMPLETELY was. I read every single thread on texture creation, read all the README files that came with each and every file that I downloaded, and researched for hours.
But, I mean, if dozens upon dozens of people (pssh, they even created enormous sites showing off their amazing works where hundreds of Brawlers, like me, download, and there are numerous threads of local SmashBoarders posting their own creations) managed to create their own textures, I have the right to assume that I would be safe enough to create my own textures.

And, after all...
I want to make my own custom textures, how does this work?
The basic process involves using tools available such as SSBExtract to extract the texture files and edit them. They are then recompressed into Brawls special format using tools found in the Revolution SDK. I made a guide a while ago, but quite a few errors were found so I removed it. I will post it again after I make some changes.
Is it possible for this to do any damage to my Wii?
No. The worst that could happen is that the Wii freezes when trying to use the hacked character if it was done incorrectly. It will be fine on reset.
So, of course, with words like that, I solidify my right to assume that I would be safe.

And yes, I have that Wii key thing. That "you need a key.bin!" message does not pop up when I open WiiScrubber. And I read the ReadMe that accompanied it. I am completely stuck at this step.

Extract the character you want to modify with WiiScrubber 1.21.
They are .PAC files placed on PARTITION 2/Data/Fighter
(example: PARTITION 2/Data/Fighter/luigi/FitLuigi01.pac)
How do I extract these files? WiiScrubber only allows me to extract ISO files, not .pac files. (And this step caused the demise of my computer...) Ugh....

Sorry, I am having an extremely rough day and everything. I apologize for my tone. Thank you for your time.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm having a little trouble with portraits. I downloaded a portrait file from KittyCorp for Blue Dedede and Black and Red Dedede. It gave me four .tga files: two big and two small. Awhile ago, I downloaded a .rar file called CSP Tools and as far as I know, it had everything I neeeded in it.

So I put those four files into a folder called "new files" and ran "step2_create." I let the program run all the way until it closed itself, but my new "portrite" folder comes out empty and my "char_bust_tex" folder only has one file in it. What am I doing wrong?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
065A9400 00000018
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV
FF000061 UKEMROLL
Format is [spunit262]
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is charactor id and need the following code to work.
YY is the first frame the speed mod is applyed (experimental)
ZZZZ is the action Id
LLLLLLLL is the multiplier for frame speed.
Notes:
1. The first one on the list that matches is used.
2. It detects the end of the list, by reading 00000000, this means that you can't modify Mario's standing animation starting with the first frame (who care), And you need to make sure that there are zeros after it.
3. FF is use as the Character id for every one.
4. You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.

what does this code do and how do you use it?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Thanks illialex. I have one more question, how do I set up textured custom stage parts like these? http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/you-like-stages-do-you/al_090424_2137binout/
pf\stage\melee\STG(DX)[Something].pac

DX is if its a melee stage. This is a custom stage so you choose the stage builder parts you want to replace and then just do that, so this would be:

STGEDIT_0.pac, or _1 or _2

Hi, I'm having a little trouble with portraits. I downloaded a portrait file from KittyCorp for Blue Dedede and Black and Red Dedede. It gave me four .tga files: two big and two small. Awhile ago, I downloaded a .rar file called CSP Tools and as far as I know, it had everything I neeeded in it.

So I put those four files into a folder called "new files" and ran "step2_create." I let the program run all the way until it closed itself, but my new "portrite" folder comes out empty and my "char_bust_tex" folder only has one file in it. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing actually, the char_bust_tex are for each character, 1 men .brres per character, so if its all for King Dedede, you'll only output one. The portrite is for small portraits, and they are outputted with an extra period. Make sure you rename common5_en.pac to common5.pac inside the system folder.

065A9400 00000018
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV
FF000061 UKEMROLL
Format is [spunit262]
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is charactor id and need the following code to work.
YY is the first frame the speed mod is applyed (experimental)
ZZZZ is the action Id
LLLLLLLL is the multiplier for frame speed.
Notes:
1. The first one on the list that matches is used.
2. It detects the end of the list, by reading 00000000, this means that you can't modify Mario's standing animation starting with the first frame (who care), And you need to make sure that there are zeros after it.
3. FF is use as the Character id for every one.
4. You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.

what does this code do and how do you use it?
Its a frame speed modifier, you need to know the actual values to input, its complicated and used in Brawl+, I don't know much on it.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Nothing actually, the char_bust_tex are for each character, 1 men .brres per character, so if its all for King Dedede, you'll only output one. The portrite is for small portraits, and they are outputted with an extra period. Make sure you rename common5_en.pac to common5.pac inside the system folder.
I'm a little confused. I had small portrait files (I thought. dedede6_small.tga for example) and I still had an empty "portrite" folder? Also, I tried just putting what I got into my "pf" folder on my SD card ("system," "info," and "menu") and I came up with nada. Did I miss a step somewhere?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm a little confused. I had small portrait files (I thought. dedede6_small.tga for example) and I still had an empty "portrite" folder? Also, I tried just putting what I got into my "pf" folder on my SD card ("system," "info," and "menu") and I came up with nada. Did I miss a step somewhere?
It means your pf set wasn't likely complete, rename it dedede1_small.tga and on the .brres, just change the 1 at the end to 6. Also, delete the first period so the only period is the infFace000.brres, so there is none between e and the first number.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
IS their an easier way to change the character selection screen those directions don't make any sense.

Frio

Smash Champion
Whats the directory of the battle portrait and the Character selection portrait?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
IS their an easier way to change the character selection screen those directions don't make any sense.
Check out the custom CSS thread.

Whats the directory of the battle portrait and the Character selection portrait?
Battle portrait is the infFace in the info/portrite and character selection is common5.pac

The program CUPASH does it all for you.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I guess this question of mine got kinda lost in the sea of others: If I use the music swapper program and use one of the songs that say may freeze game and it DOESN'T freeze will the song play?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I guess this question of mine got kinda lost in the sea of others: If I use the music swapper program and use one of the songs that say may freeze game and it DOESN'T freeze will the song play?
Can you explain that per say and remember my post. ASK UTD ZAC!!!!!!!! So you are using the music swap thing and ISO hack it to replace the song??

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
no no no no I'm using the program that swaps brawl music you never saw it?
well that's what it does some of them say things like (may freeze game) but if they don't freeze the game will the song play?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I did ask! and for those following this epic conversation the answer is he doesn't know it might it might not. He got the song list from someone else. I'm way too scared to try it but he assured me that if it does fail you can just reload it with the original song codes and no permanent damage will be done.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
I did ask! and for those following this epic conversation the answer is he doesn't know it might it might not. He got the song list from someone else. I'm way too scared to try it but he assured me that if it does fail you can just reload it with the original song codes and no permanent damage will be done.
Lolwut?

Rest assured; the Wii freezing from this does not damage it. If it freezes, you'll hear this somewhat loud beeping sound and you won't be able to do anything till you restart, but that's it. No damage done. Apply the original song codes, and you're good to go again. If that doesn't work, you can always simply set the song to not play from options.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just hacked to get Brawl+ and every time I have played it, it has froze. The memory from Brawl and all the files on my SD card have remained but just to make sure, is freezing supposed tohappen every know and then or do I need to download a program to stop the freezing?

Note: I haven't downloaded textures yet so that won't be the problem. I've only downloaded the BotMii hack and the Brawl+ codeset.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I just hacked to get Brawl+ and every time I have played it, it has froze. The memory from Brawl and all the files on my SD card have remained but just to make sure, is freezing supposed tohappen every know and then or do I need to download a program to stop the freezing?

Note: I haven't downloaded textures yet so that won't be the problem. I've only downloaded the BotMii hack and the Brawl+ codeset.
It shouldn't happen, you should install Homebrew and run GeckOS through Homebrew, the latest one and it should be perfectly fine.

XACE-K

Smash Master
It shouldn't happen, you should install Homebrew and run GeckOS through Homebrew, the latest one and it should be perfectly fine.
The problem wasn't with the codes or anything. My Wii was overheated XD. I left it on for too long when hacking my Wii and between playing Brawl+ for my first and second times. I let it cool down for a while, played it again, and there were no disturbences.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The problem wasn't with the codes or anything. My Wii was overheated XD. I left it on for too long when hacking my Wii and between playing Brawl+ for my first and second times. I let it cool down for a while, played it again, and there were no disturbences.
Ok yeah, I recommend buying a fan and turning it on in the back whenever you play your Wii or something, my Wii never overheats, I've kept it on high processing speed for 3 days, but I'm lucky, you should really consider a fan in the back, should help a lot.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
It means your pf set wasn't likely complete, rename it dedede1_small.tga and on the .brres, just change the 1 at the end to 6. Also, delete the first period so the only period is the infFace000.brres, so there is none between e and the first number.
Alright, thanks for the help. Do I need to do that for the big textures too? How would I go about doing that since I can't name a bunch of textures for him dedede1_big.tga?

ShinyMoogle

Smash Rookie
I hope I'm posting in the right place here... x.x

I've been trying to get the "Spawn Items with Button" code (see bottom of post) to work, and used some of the comments found on this other topic, but it doesn't seem to work for me, and I'm probably doing something horribly wrong without knowing it. So, a few (well... maybe more than a few) questions...

1a) I'm using a Wiimote/Nunchuck, which is considered P3 in a group brawl, as I have two GC controllers plugged in (taking up P1 and P2). However, I use that controller for selecting everything, so is there any point at which the P1 code would be called for (training mode, et al.)?
Wii Controller
>1 284F7880
2 284F8220
>3 284F8BC0
4 284F9560

1b) Should I replace the80YYYYYY already in the code with 28? The code never seems to work either way; nothing happens with 80, and the game freezes with that *beeeeeeep* sound when I try to enter a stage with 28.

2a) About that XXXX... I just put in the button I want there, right? So if, say, I wanted the (-) button to spawn items, should I put in 1000 for XXXX?

2b) Are the options for spawning limited to taunt buttons, and do the button spawn options stay the same with custom controls?

2c) How do the button combinations work? I apologize if this would be a painfully obvious answer, but I have about as much knowledge about coding and hexadecimal as a rock does. What adds where? Windows calculator gives me different answers than the examples, unless I'm doing something wrong (which I probably am).

3) Is it possible to map specific item spawns to specific buttons, and if it is, how? This video seems to suggest that it is possible; at around 2:36 only Smart Bombs spawn, but at around 2:44, it seems as if only Soccer Balls spawn.

Thanks in advance. :>

Code:
Spawn Items With Button(s) XXXX (Activator 28YYYYYY) [brkirch]
C298D574 00000004
3D608000 880B5004
2C000001 4082000C
38000002 980B5004
809D08C0 00000000
C2951F3C 0000001A
3FE08000 817F5000
A16B0000 3800XXXX
7C0B5838 7C005800
897F5004 4082008C
2C0B0002 41820038
3FE08095 3D604800
396B0028 917F1FC8
3C006000 901F1F58
901F1F64 901F1F70
901F2030 901F2040
901F2058 39600001
48000064 3FE08095
3D604082 396B0178
917F1FC8 3D604182
380B02B0 901F1F58
380B02A4 901F1F64
380B0298 901F1F70
380B01D8 901F2030
380B01C8 901F2040
380B01B0 901F2058
39600002 48000018
3FE08095 A17F1FC8
2C0B4800 4182FFA8
39600000 3FE08000
997F5004 3FE080AE
60000000 00000000
04005000 80YYYYYY

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Alright, thanks for the help. Do I need to do that for the big textures too? How would I go about doing that since I can't name a bunch of textures for him dedede1_big.tga?
No you dont, just 1 common5.pac should fully cover it.

EDIT: Try asking Enigma on AiB, allisbrawl.com, he is in the hacking forum under general Brawl discussion and he knows spawning stuff better than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom