• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doval

Smash Lord
Agh. I've been trying to find an answer to this question for over an hour and haven't been able to find anything.

What program do I use to make .gct files with more than 256 lines of code? There's some Ocarina Code Manager v1.1 floating around but that one's still limited to 256 lines. I'd really like to try Balanced Brawl's stage modifications in Brawl+ instead of Brawl+'s stage freezing.

Sukai

Smash Champion
what is the code to give ganondorf the melee style jab?
It's more complex than how you're putting it.
The code, in it's entirety, is a speed modifier, which targets the character, the attack, and uses multiplication to adjust the speed in frames.

You need to go to either the code agenda, or the code request threads, they're both stickied.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
for some reason my wii can't switch between codes with the snapshot method. i can load the codes in the codes folder, but for some reason i can only load the code that has the latest date on the snapshots. say i have codes (a) on a snapshot named al_089775_1876 and codes (b) on a snap shot named al_124790_2130. my wii even if a look at the code (a) snapshot, will only load code (b) because it is dated later. does anyone know what causes this problem or how to solve it?

jokey665

Smash Ace
for some reason my wii can't switch between codes with the snapshot method. i can load the codes in the codes folder, but for some reason i can only load the code that has the latest date on the snapshots. say i have codes (a) on a snapshot named al_089775_1876 and codes (b) on a snap shot named al_124790_2130. my wii even if a look at the code (a) snapshot, will only load code (b) because it is dated later. does anyone know what causes this problem or how to solve it?
I'm fairly sure that's just how snapshots work.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Agh. I've been trying to find an answer to this question for over an hour and haven't been able to find anything.

What program do I use to make .gct files with more than 256 lines of code? There's some Ocarina Code Manager v1.1 floating around but that one's still limited to 256 lines. I'd really like to try Balanced Brawl's stage modifications in Brawl+ instead of Brawl+'s stage freezing.
you can use brawl+ tweeker, it's slower and more annoying to make the codes than the codemanager 1.1, but it will let you save a gct with more than 256 lines of code.

there is also codemanager 1.2 that will tell you that you can't use more than 256 lines, but it will still let you save the gct

The Phenom

Smash Lord
If anyone can solve my problem I would really appreciate it =D

I am running back up loader in the home brew channel. I go to configure options to apply codes for Brawl+ then I try loading the game with the applied codes and it freezes at the point when it says "found codes now applying!".

note: My wii has some problems loading brawl but it isn't to bad.

Does anyone have any clues what's the problem with my wii, brawl, or back up loader? My friend and I tried figuring it out ourselves but couldn't get it to play Brawl+.

What can I do about it?

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
I don't think you can make marth's cape transparent. From what I've found, if the texture doesn't have transparency when you first open it, you won't be able to make things transparent on it.

Making a strap menu is easy, just run the .pac though ASH and replace the images.

Phenom, get a real Brawl disc. The backup launcher has a lot of issues sometimes, it really is worth it to just buy a used one and play that.

codfish92

Smash Ace
If anyone can solve my problem I would really appreciate it =D

I am running back up loader in the home brew channel. I go to configure options to apply codes for Brawl+ then I try loading the game with the applied codes and it freezes at the point when it says "found codes now applying!".

note: My wii has some problems loading brawl but it isn't to bad.

Does anyone have any clues what's the problem with my wii, brawl, or back up loader? My friend and I tried figuring it out ourselves but couldn't get it to play Brawl+.

What can I do about it?
it sounds like your applying too many codes that the launcher can handle. the codes take up more than 256 lines of code so you would either have to use gecko os 1.9.1 and put the gameconfig text file at the root of your sd card or use the snapshot method.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
I don't think that's the problem. What happens when you put too many codes on is that Ocarina tells you that there are too many and just starts up with no codes. It shouldn't freeze at all.

Check your GCT, if you happen to have non-compatible codes on (I.E. having your second GCT try to launch a GCT) it'll freeze. You should be fine though, if you just downloaded the gct from the Brawl+ hosts.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
it sounds like your applying too many codes that the launcher can handle. the codes take up more than 256 lines of code so you would either have to use gecko os 1.9.1 and put the gameconfig text file at the root of your sd card or use the snapshot method.
I don't think that's the problem. What happens when you put too many codes on is that Ocarina tells you that there are too many and just starts up with no codes. It shouldn't freeze at all.

Check your GCT, if you happen to have non-compatible codes on (I.E. having your second GCT try to launch a GCT) it'll freeze. You should be fine though, if you just downloaded the gct from the Brawl+ hosts.

Thank you guys for the information. I'll see if now I can get it to work. Thank you.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
i tried a texture effect for marth's sword (red slash) today, and when i added it, the sound effects while attacking were gone. same for link. is that supposed to happen or did i do something wrong?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
1. a. If my Wii has trouble loading Brawl, but it can load single-layered discs easily, then my Wii lense is messed up, correct?
b. Can I take my Wii to Best Buy or something to get it fixed? Or will I have to send it into Nintendo?
c. If I do send it to Nintendo, should I delete Homebrew, or simply hide it in the back channels?
d. If I get it back, and they have either deleted Homebrew, or updated my Wii, can I still use Texture Hacks, and things like bBrawl with Bannerbomb?

2. a. How do I get .CSPs to work?
b. How do I get stage/item textures to work?

5ive

Smash Champion
1. a. If my Wii has trouble loading Brawl, but it can load single-layered discs easily, then my Wii lense is messed up, correct?
b. Can I take my Wii to Best Buy or something to get it fixed? Or will I have to send it into Nintendo?
c. If I do send it to Nintendo, should I delete Homebrew, or simply hide it in the back channels?
d. If I get it back, and they have either deleted Homebrew, or updated my Wii, can I still use Texture Hacks, and things like bBrawl with Bannerbomb?

2. a. How do I get .CSPs to work?
b. How do I get stage/item textures to work?
1. You won't have any of these troubles due to homebrew or Brawl+. Trust me; no worries
2. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

lordhelmet

Smash Master
1. You won't have any of these troubles due to homebrew or Brawl+. Trust me; no worries
I know, I was just looking at Nintendo's website, and they have a specific page for Brawl disc errors. I think I'll just send it to Nintendo, I don't think they'd check anything.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
My lz77ex doesn't work, I've downloaded it from Alex'es CSP tools thing a million times and it always has an "application error" and tells me to debug or terminate the program...

Anyone know why it's messed up?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I've somehow never had to do this before so I've never had to ask this question before: How do you make a gct with more than 256 lines of code? I've heard the Brawl+ tweaker but I somehow can't find it.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
is there a simple way to delete a replay file that is corrupted and freezes the wii when selected?

codfish92

Smash Ace
I've somehow never had to do this before so I've never had to ask this question before: How do you make a gct with more than 256 lines of code? I've heard the Brawl+ tweaker but I somehow can't find it.
I don't even know how to make .gcts!
jokey, here is the link to the brawl+tweaker(will need .Net framwork 2.0 to run (it's free))http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222151 this is good if your using the snapshot method because it has .gct to .bin converter in it(need to get the sdkey and sdiv numbers before you can(can't link for legal reasons, just google it)

or you can download the code manger 1.2 from wiird http://wiird.l0nk.org/wp/(it will tell you that you are saving more than 256 lines, but it will still let you save the gct.)

lordhelmet, both of those programs will let you save gct's from text files or(.b+ files if using Brawl+tweaker) .b+ files are just a text file with a renamed suffix

codfish92

Smash Ace
is there a simple way to delete a replay file that is corrupted and freezes the wii when selected?
is it freezing when you go to the replays, when you go over the replay(not pressing a), or when you try to press a and view? if it only freezes when you try to press a and view it, then before you press a to view it, go down to delete and press delete. For the other two options, i have no idea how you could delete it off your wii.(if it is on the SD card, put your SD card in the computer go to removable?(will be a letter)/private/wii/app/RSBE/rp/rp_YYMMDD_TTtt(the date the replay was saved))

gir-sage

Smash Cadet
NNID
eduaiz
WHY DO I KEEP GEttING DISC READ ERROR ON THE GECKO MENU??
My Brawl disc works fine, when i launch the game from the wii menu.
):

I only played brawl+ once.
Should i check something especific? my wii is completely updated.

it always stops reading the game when it gets to "loading title."

Edit: the Premade set from the install guide in Brawlplus.net has the wrong version of gecko :o

mobilisq

Smash Ace
is it freezing when you go to the replays, when you go over the replay(not pressing a), or when you try to press a and view? if it only freezes when you try to press a and view it, then before you press a to view it, go down to delete and press delete. For the other two options, i have no idea how you could delete it off your wii.(if it is on the SD card, put your SD card in the computer go to removable?(will be a letter)/private/wii/app/RSBE/rp/rp_YYMMDD_TTtt(the date the replay was saved))
the second one. so im likely sol unless i can get the guy thats developing an exploit for homebrew to help, then, huh

Meccs

@Meccs_
erm not sure where this would go but google was certainly not my friend on this one, a question that Im sure has been answered many times:
where do all the files go/what files do I need for Character Select Portraits?
I found a guide on how to MAKE them, but that's not what I wanna do. I simply wnat to get files I already have to work.
I have a bunch of character#_big.png, character#_small.png, character#_big.tga, and character#_small.tga for some textures I've got going.
Which of those files do I need? I downloaded a few that only came a single .tga (Strikers Charged outfit characters, lookin' at you) but also some with the 4 files above.
Are the .tga the only character specific ones I need? I know I need some other generic thing from the ISO (which I'm sure I can find on google, don't worry).
Where do they go on the SD card?
I couldn't find this anywhere else for some reason, so I figure I'd ask here.

In a nutshell: where do all the files for a CSP go on an SD card, and what files do you need?

edit: I have a Mac, so I'm extremely limited on what I can do concerning programs I need to run...

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
File Patch Code v3.2a is causing problems to Partial Size Modified characters.
Freeze right at the start of the fight.

codfish92

Smash Ace
File Patch Code v3.2a is causing problems to Partial Size Modified characters.
Freeze right at the start of the fight.
did the old code work with the partial size modified characters, and are you using custom textures? also the code is still very new and may have a few kinks in it. Wait until the updated version comes in and that might solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom