• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Thats a complicated codeset, give it to me, it might take a second. It might not be differentiable from Brawl+ but I can definitely give you some of it. I'll post the codes and you save them as a .txt file and check every one when you want it. I will not have the fatigue codes in and you will swap out but you can have custom characters start. IE, I won't be changing brawl but I will make it look good.
its all good, i spoke to a friend and worked out how to edit the code, i now have a Custom char select screen as well as a couple other hacks and they all work fine.

i do have a new problem though. Every now and then, either at the main menu, char select screen or after a match, the game will freeze. How do i fix that? It doesn't effect the matches in any manner, but its kinda irritating.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
If I'm not mistaken, stack smash should have the list here: http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/Other/

There should be a list in the rar file download too.
It gives me FitCharacter01 I was hoping someone knew what each one was so I could set it up by color.
I was also wondering why sometimes bowser's textures only have PCS files when the guide says he needs the pac files too.

Teh JeY

Smash Rookie
Hello <_<

I've been trying to use the Agressive AT's and pokeballs code, but it never seems to work.

Code:
Aggressive AT's and Pokeballs: (Phantom Wings)
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000008
2C000002 40820030
2C120000 40820010
2C1C0003 40820008
3B800005 60000000
2C12002A 40820010
2C1C0003 40820008
3B800005 60000000
939E0038 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Makes all Assist Trophies and Pokeballs activate upon hitting the ground and attack anyone nearby.
That's the code I'm using - if there another code that has to be on/a code that can't be on? I'm running codes with Cheat Manager and Gecko OS.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Failing to get Gecko. What file am I meant to be putting on my SD card?
There should be a folder in whatever Gecko version you get that has 3 files, one called boot.elf, an image titled "icon" and a "meta" file. You take that folder with those 3 files and copy it into the apps folder on your SD card. Homebrew should recognize it just fine.

Vermy

Smash Champion
i do have a new problem though. Every now and then, either at the main menu, char select screen or after a match, the game will freeze. How do i fix that? It doesn't effect the matches in any manner, but its kinda irritating.
i still need help with this please. i have the Brawl+ CSS on, could that be the problem?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
There should be a folder in whatever Gecko version you get that has 3 files, one called boot.elf, an image titled "icon" and a "meta" file. You take that folder with those 3 files and copy it into the apps folder on your SD card. Homebrew should recognize it just fine.
Oh, I was putting the file called HBC in. THanks

Edit: Hrrm...

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It gives me FitCharacter01 I was hoping someone knew what each one was so I could set it up by color.
I was also wondering why sometimes bowser's textures only have PCS files when the guide says he needs the pac files too.
Anyone? Anyone at all?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
This is really basic lol.... There's a guide that does it by color. Go to the stickied one on texture hacks without ISO hacking.

Also, for the latter, use lz77ex.exe
It's not so simple I downloaded the texture pack from syntax error and it doens't tell me what's what and it's not doe correctly also could you tell me just what lz77ex.exe is?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ahhhh... that might explain it.

Anyway, there are a few programs you need to know about.

Ntcompress with basic DOS knowledge can compress Wii ISO extracted files (like a .pac). The compressing of a .pac forms a .pcs (illegal to distribute).

Lz77ex expands files, custom made I believe and it can turn a .pcs into a .pac

SSBExtract, which essentially extracts the files from a .pac

ASH is an automatic texture hacker (speaks spanish so acronym only works like that), while STASH is Stage Texture ASH and CUPASH is Custom Portrait ASH.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
whats growth? (whats it does to a move and what activates it)

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Growth? You mean Knockback Growth?

Basically, that's the rate at how much faster a move sends you depending on your damage.
For example, let's say a fsmash sends you flying 10km/h at 0%
At 100%, you're flying 300km/h.

However, if you have a different move, say, usmash, that sends you flying at 20km/h at 0%, but only sends you 100km/h at 100%, usmash has a much less KBG than fsmash does.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
thankee kindly.

edit: what two-jump character has best recovery? (i think it's sonic or luigi)

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
i need some help. when ever i apply the hacks onto my sd card and load it onto gecko os 1.9 a screen appaears and it says stack and code dump and it just stays like that.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
I think its Sonic cause of his invincibility but Luigi is pretty good too.

And are you sure the codes are correct, because if you have a code dump, that is generally a sign of an error.
yes i am i use codemanager to convert everything and im pretty sure that im using the right region also and what im applying is mushroom stacker, samus doesnt transfrom into zss after final smash, hacked pokeballs, teleportation, and world wrap X2. i am also using gecko os 1.9

Kief

Smash Ace
Couple questions.

I've been getting this thing on my Homebrew browser asking me to update it. I can't tell if it's the good or bad guys asking me lulz. Should I update or not?

Also I can't use the Shop Channel unless I update, but if I update, my Homebrew will get screwed. So am I just not able to use the Shop Channel anymore?

I hope those were clear because I may be gone the next few days. So thanks ahead of time.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
KIEF:

1) Doesn't matter, nothing really bad happens and nothing really changes that you can notice. Update or not, it won't affect you much.

2) Search for Waninkoko's safe 4.0 Updater. Either that, or just use the Mii/Wii shop channel updaters. They'll let you use the shop/mii channels even if you haven't updated.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Couple questions.

I've been getting this thing on my Homebrew browser asking me to update it. I can't tell if it's the good or bad guys asking me lulz. Should I update or not?

Also I can't use the Shop Channel unless I update, but if I update, my Homebrew will get screwed. So am I just not able to use the Shop Channel anymore?

I hope those were clear because I may be gone the next few days. So thanks ahead of time.
The homebrew browser can be updated freely without worries, it's not the bad guys. I've updated my homebrew browser before and nothing happened to my homebrew channel or anything, and my Wii was still the same version afterwards.

I know there was a guide floating around here on smashboards about how to safely upgrade your Wii to let you use the shop channel and still keep homebrew functionality. Yeah: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227352 I don't remember the process anymore but it -should- be able to help you.

Alternatively you could try searching wiibrew.org for a way to get your shop channel working again.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You just need to install IOS60 and IOS61 through WiiSCU and the Wiishop Partial update to get it to work on 4.0

IOS61 also speeds up copy times so its good to have any way. Doesn't affect anything with HBC, legal or not ;)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Can someone remind me how to get codes on my Wii? @_@
Not Brawl +, but just certain codes like the infinate replay thing.

I did it a few months ago and lost my SD card and can't remember how I did it the first time. >__>

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
And there has to be a "Codes" folder in the root of the SD card, right?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I can't seem to get the Debug Pause or Button Modifier codes to work.

I keep getting a code dump screen..... and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... and tonight's like... the only night I can get this frame data for the next month..

Someone mind helping me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom