• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Hmm now that i recall i did the preloader after i messed up my save data, could i just delete my 1st player data or sumtin and would that fix the music? id even delete all the songs in my music if itd fix it (hax are good) basically i just want to keep my friendcode/replays

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as to i can erase music would erasing it, using a code for a gunlauncher that launches cds, would that fix the problem?

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
one last thing, i don't think that the preloader file was done b4 i messed up the music, in the data zone/files/etc. where do i go to delete music

illinialex24

Smash Hero
one last thing, i don't think that the preloader file was done b4 i messed up the music, in the data zone/files/etc. where do i go to delete music
Just delete your current .gct and the stuff and then just load the game regularly to see if it works. After you fix the save file.

Can someone help me with using motion files as well as item textures? like having blue lasers from ROB and red bananas....
They go in the character file and are named Fit[Character]MotionEtc.pac or Fit[Character]Motion.pac (its only motion.pac for only Bowser and Giga Bowser).

Item textures are compiled into common3.pac, use SSBBInsert to insert the stuff.

Oh and codfish, my computer kinda crashed 5 times yesterday, so I can try again today.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Ok I got the motion files, but I don't understand the other stuff you said. Do you mean that I have to make new folders for common3.pac? Where does that all go? And what is SSBBInsert? Sorry if I sound dumb

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You have to have a system file for in your pf file for common3.pac, and your going to need to get the individual stuff and add it to the common3.pac. I don't have a link atm but SSBArc or a Hex Editor (I like HxD) also work well.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Just som you know:

For SSBBInsert, the .bress has to be named identically and you need to use a DOS command for it to work.

PM me if you need that command.

Also, for HxD, you need to find each .brres and then replace the right one. Otherwise it won't work.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
ok, in regards to the death mod data i have come to this conclusion
a positive value in the left and right bounds moves the boundary to the right(positive x direction) and a negative value will move it to the left(negative x direction) and 000 is no change.
a positive value in the up and bottom bounds moves the boundary up(positive y direction) a negative value will move it down(negative y direction) and 000 is no change.

this brings me to my next question, how would you put a number that is negative in the bounds. i want to make a stage like wario ware and give it huge death boundaries. how can you put a negative number in the code?
here is the format again
065A9000 000000ZZ
XXY0LLLR RRTTTVVV
XXY0LLLR RRTTTVVV
X=stage
Y=sub-id,F=all
Z=it the byte count of the data, It's 8*number_of_lines **IN HEX**.
LLL=left-boundary in hex.
RRR=right-boundary in hex.
TTT=top-boundary in hex.
VVV=bottom-boundary in hex.

carlpie

Smash Cadet
Well I've been trying to texture hack Sandbag- I've edited the 040.pac and it saves (I've reextracted 040 after step 2 to confirm this).
I enter the "SSBBinsert.exe 003.pac -i 040.pac" code (After proper file placement) and it goes- and the rest of the steps down the line work fine
I noticed the sandbag remained unchanged, so I went back to find that 040.pac refuses to stick in 003.pac- even though the CMD goes through the process without resistance like most textures.
Immidiately after the CMD sequence mentioned above I extracted 003.pac and opened 040.pac with ASH to find that it went back to default.
Confused, I tried this on another texture, and same result.

Why do my pacs refuse to stick in 003.pac? Maybe they're not going in at all- am I doing it wrong?

EDIT: Same result for SSBBarc .-.
I'm so close to my Sandbag --> Mountain Dew Can texture I can almost... erm... taste it

codfish92

Smash Ace
Just delete your current .gct and the stuff and then just load the game regularly to see if it works. After you fix the save file.

. . . the savefile i have didn't work, where in the erase data menu is the option in which to delete my music?
options/erase date/erase vault data
u'll lose ur replays, album, and stage builder data, that should reset the music.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Okay, so I've been trying to make my own wii strap loader. When I use ASH's step 2 create, I get this message for the image which replaces the large wii mote in hand

04MenBoot03error:
ImNew: no alpha layer in file C:\USERS]OWNER]DESKTOP\SSBB HACKS\ASH\04MENBOOT03\TEX#00_14.TGA for image 0

total alloc: 214008
total freed: 214008
press <enter> to quit

For anyone that can help with this only problem, I've uploaded the offending TGA file. Perhaps you could open it in photoshop or GIMP (what I use) to see what I did wrong. Any further help is appreciated :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Z66KCGY

Edit: Nevermind, I worked it out thanks to KnuxRouge

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Few questions, I'm new at this Brawl+ thing.

1. I see people working on characters such as Roy, Young Link, and Mewtwo, but is there anyone working on Dr. Mario? I'm not seeing anything here, and I think this would be a good idea, and probably easier than any of the others.

*edit* I found Doc.

2. When I load Brawl+ and play online "with anyone," does it also load other players from Brawl+? Or does it just load up anyone and I'm cheating because I'm using Brawl+?

3. Will the new characters be a part of the official Brawl+ hack when they are finished?

4. Will there always be updates with Brawl+, or maybe eventually the "official" hack will be completed and no more changes would be allowed? I'm worried about getting so used to one version, but changes constantly being made.

I'm sure I could have found these if I searched hard enough, but time isn't something I have much of to spare.

carlpie

Smash Cadet
Alright well I have a bit of an update on my item texture crisis, maybe you can help with this.

For some odd reason using SSBBarc to insert 040.pac into 003.pac now comes with an error message instead of the blank acceptance.

It says "ssbbarc.exe: 040.pac: Too Large. 30624 allowed, 81248 needed. use the -g option to allow the file to grow."

Well I didn't think my file was too large- while editing I found the images inside to actually be smaller in file size compared to the default. I tried directly exporting and reinserting the default Sandbag texture and got the same error message.

Also I tried the -g option to allow the file to grow, thus 003.pac went from 2,551kb to 2,601kb.
I reextracted the new 003.pac only to find it went back to default sandbag again ._.

What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
2. When I load Brawl+ and play online "with anyone," does it also load other players from Brawl+? Or does it just load up anyone and I'm cheating because I'm using Brawl+?
3. Will the new characters be a part of the official Brawl+ hack when they are finished?
4. Will there always be updates with Brawl+, or maybe eventually the "official" hack will be completed and no more changes would be allowed? I'm worried about getting so used to one version, but changes constantly being made.
2. Don't use "With anyone." You'll desync the match. Only play with friends, and with those friends, people that you're sharing the SAME EXACT codeset with.
3. Some, maybe. It depends upon a lot of things.. A "clone engine," which is a code so that we can play as both Marth and Roy, for example. Don't forget character balance as well.
4. If you're just getting in now, you're lucky. Our "Nightly" sets, which typically have experimental ideas and whatnot, are only coming out maybe once a week. Official sets are even less frequent, maybe monthly. Either way, the rate of releases is still slowing, and I'd expect a "Gold" release before the end of the year.

Then again, that was before Project SA, so we'll see what happens.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You can make a backup of your save file using the no copy flag protection so you can have it safe anyway Just use the rebooter with no copy flags and then copy it to the SD card so its 100% safe, including replays and more. Good backup.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
rebooter thru gecko os?

kk i get it, but is there an option in the replay section to copy all data at once?

codfish92

Smash Ace
any one no how to put negative numbers(or simply a way to move a boundary to the left or down) into the death boundary data.

065A9000 000000ZZ
XXY0LLLR RRTTTVVV
XXY0LLLR RRTTTVVV
X=stage
Y=sub-id,F=all
Z=it the byte count of the data, It's 8*number_of_lines **IN HEX**.
LLL=left-boundary in hex.
RRR=right-boundary in hex.
TTT=top-boundary in hex.
VVV=bottom-boundary in hex.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
-Are you able to have 2 versions of Brawl using one GeckoOS? (Brawl+ and Brawl with the generic hacks.)

-Where exactly do you input the codes in the SD Card and in what format? Is there a program for this?

-Is there an archive of codes somewhere for stuff like character portraits, unlimited replay time etc....

Sorry for my ignorance.

Edit: Answered and thank you.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
-Are you able to have 2 versions of Brawl using one GeckoOS? (Brawl+ and Brawl with the generic hacks.)

-Where exactly do you input the codes in the SD Card and in what format? Is there a program for this?

-Is there an archive of codes somewhere for stuff like character portraits, unlimited replay time etc....

Sorry for my ignorance.

Um just download the premade sd package from the brawl+ official codeset-version 4.1b. it has everything you need. the codes are in a gct (RSBE01.gct) and that file goes in the codes folder on the root of your sd card.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=80758

character portraits don't use codes. you edit them with stuff in your sd card (go to the link above that I posted)

unlimited replay is in the premade sd package from the brawl plussey official set-version 4.1b

Jeez, do new people at brawl+ seriously not look at any threads, or google, or anything!?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm supposed to be the arrogant ******* :(

And its ok, they are asking here which is good, sometimes people have difficult finding the information. I used to be a scrub, so I know the feeling.

Doval

Smash Lord
Jeez, do new people at brawl+ seriously not look at any threads, or google, or anything!?
In all fairness the info is pretty scattered, and a lot of the times even the FAQs fail to mention things that a beginner might wish to know, such as "code files are .gcts, the code managers that produce them will accept regular .txt files to turn into .gcts though." Most of the time the finer details are left out.

codfish92

Smash Ace

Sorry for my ignorance.
if you use the snapshot method, u can have brawl with Genric hacks then look at the snap shot to apply brawl+. just know that it is an ADD FUNCTION, not an either function. this means the codes in ur snapshot are ADDED to the ones on ur .gct. i use that all the time. i have every hack that doesn't cause a dysenc online in my .gct and all my other hacks on my snapshot.

carlpie

Smash Cadet
Well using SmashBox has finally allowed me to create my item textures and place them correctly inside of Common3.pac

I try to load the item textures but my game freezes on the strap loader screen...
any idea why? .-.

carlpie

Smash Cadet
Many of the extracted stuff couldnt be ASHed and so I think it has the same issue here, Vile needed to hex edit fix the files so you could just ASH them. IE, you need to fix it before its replaced.
ASH always worked fine on what I wanted to edit but the CMD refuses to insert my textures (040.pac) into 003.pac- not even the default unedited ones

if this has anything to do with the "non-ASHable special items" the items I've edited are not among those. (like Sandbag 040.pac)

and what's the point of all those "How to edit item textures without Hexxing" guides if hexxing is still required? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom