• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihatecompvir

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to edit the Stage Select images? The ones in the menu? Also, is there anyway to edit the stage names? I've got a Capital Wasteland edit for Battlefield, and I thought it would be cool to have "Capital Wasteland" and the little "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" image near the word be Battlefield text say "Fallout 3"

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I do remember seeing a screenshot, maybe on elite smash hackers or stacksmash, with an edited stage select image for battlefield so i do believe its possible

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Not necessarily, you can hack your Wii through an SD card now.
It's much easier, too.
That's how I did it anyway. I don't even own TP.
Oh cool how did you do that, and if its easier I definitely want to do it that way.

oh and thanks for all the websites Codfish92, i'll still look at all that too.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
I have a question regarding Brawl+ tools.

I recently wrote a program that allows one to easily copy files to his/her SD card so he/she doesn't have to go through all the directories him-/herself, which may be a current hassle for some people.

Should I start a new thread about it, or is there another appropriate place to let other people know about it and use it?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
I have a question regarding Brawl+ tools.

I recently wrote a program that allows one to easily copy files to his/her SD card so he/she doesn't have to go through all the directories him-/herself, which may be a current hassle for some people.

Should I start a new thread about it, or is there another appropriate place to let other people know about it and use it?
well, if it does more than a simple shortcut, i would post it. if it is just a shortcut, i wouldn't bother. shortcuts can instantly allow access to their sd card. i'm doing currently with snapshots.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Ah. All right, then. Thanks for the answer.

I can't believe I didn't think of using a shortcut before. XD

EDIT: However... On the other hand, one of the features is that it renames the moved file appropriately for you if it's a texture hack, so if one's, like, tired of looking up names of how to properly name his/her files so that it links to the right stage to be hacked or character color to be hacked (there are, after all, no real patterns of what Fit<char><number>.<ext> links to when different numbers are used). I'm not sure if that would count as a good enough feature, but it would certainly save some looking up time since the user won't have to do it him-/herself.

Is this okay, or is it still not good enough? If it's the latter, I understand completely, and I'll walk away without another question on the matter.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Do you need the original brawl disc to play brawl+, or can you play it without the disc?

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Does your brawl disc need to be working completely? Mine works kind of on and off, so should I essentially be fine if the disc is just in the drive?

codfish92

Smash Ace

EDIT: However... On the other hand, one of the features is that it renames the moved file appropriately for you if it's a texture hack, so if one's, like, tired of looking up names of how to properly name his/her files so that it links to the right stage to be hacked or character color to be hacked (there are, after all, no real patterns of what Fit<char><number>.<ext> links to when different numbers are used). I'm not sure if that would count as a good enough feature, but it would certainly save some looking up time since the user won't have to do it him-/herself.

Is this okay, or is it still not good enough? If it's the latter, I understand completely, and I'll walk away without another question on the matter.
it's really all your decision. if it doesn't take up much space, then i'm sure people will use it since they won't have to look up the character then place it. so long as it doesn't already exist(which it doesn't) you can post.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127

Yeah new thread it up!!!
If all 99999 texture packs do why not a program for placing them hassle free?

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Yeah new thread it up!!!
If all 99999 texture packs do why not a program for placing them hassle free?
With the renaming features and the automatic directory creation, you think I should?

Guess I'll get right on it, then. Thanks for the support, guys. :)

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Um, I think that I might have a major problem. All right, so what exactly is the boot file supposed to look like on your computer if you downloaded the file from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-bzUZUkbk? Because the boot file I have has an Internet Explorer icon, what should the icon be regularly when you first download it? Is anything wrong? Also, does the files that you are downloading have to open? For example, does the RSBEO1 file from the codes section of the Plussery 4.1 folder have to be able to open in order for Brawl+ to be running? Sorry for these weird questions, I just suck at hacking:ohwell:.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Um, I think that I might have a major problem. All right, so what exactly is the boot file supposed to look like on your computer if you downloaded the file from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-bzUZUkbk? Because the boot file I have has an Internet Explorer icon, what should the icon be regularly when you first download it? Is anything wrong? Also, does the files that you are downloading have to open? For example, does the RSBEO1 file from the codes section of the Plussery 4.1 folder have to be able to open in order for Brawl+ to be running? Sorry for these weird questions, I just suck at hacking:ohwell:.
you won't be able to open the plussery 4.1 .gct file on your comp. just put it in the codes folder on the root of your sd card[path will be ?/codes/]. don't worry, gecko OS will be able to read them. i can't talk about the boot file here cuz it's against site rules.

Hi there, I am looking for the codes that allow you to place stage pieces anywhere. I tried the USBGecko site but they are down.

I need NTSC codes, thanks.
HTML:
tage Builder codes [Pizzaboy]

Unlimited objects
4A000000 81000000
30653264 01010101
14529E5C 00000000
E2000001 80008000
Removes the limitations how many objects you may place!

Allow Overlapping
4A000000 81000000
30653264 01010101
10521D58 00000001
E2000001 80008000
Allows putting one object above each other
Note - If you place a large object that completely covers a smaller object, you will not be able to ever delete the smaller object.

Stage Editor Edge Code v2
4A000000 81000000
30653264 01010101
4A000000 804F7880
38000000 00000810
4A000000 81000000
32529F8C 3F800000
92210000 00529F8C
94210000 00529F78
14529F8C 3F800000
E2000001 00000000
32529F90 3F800000
92210001 00529F90
94210001 00529F7C
14529F90 3F800000
E2000002 00000000
4A000000 804F7880
38000000 00001800
4A000000 81000000
32529F78 00000000
92210000 00529F78
94210000 00529F8C
14529F78 00000000
E2000001 00000000
32529F7C 00000000
92210001 00529F7C
94210001 00529F90
14529F7C 00000000
E2000003 80008000
How to use:
This code lets you place an object that is overlapping the edge of the map grid.
While holding an object, press A and +, move it where you want, press A and -, and place the object. If you forget to press A and - you might not be able to pick the object back up. Note that the buttons must be pressed on player 1's wiimote.
SAVE BEFORE PLACING AN OBJECT LIKE THIS.
TEST THE MAP AFTER PLACING EACH OBJECT LIKE THIS.
I have noticed this code can cause very large side effects if too many objects are placed on the edge of the map, especially on large maps. I believe this is due the the object trying to wrap around the map, but the piece wraps into invalid space. Please be careful and use this code only if really needed. Side effects include:
Objects warping to the middle of the map semi-randomly.
Game freezeing.
Objects turning into a giant glitched polygon.
Constantly dying off-screen after dying once.
Please check for all of those after using this code.
those are the only stage builder codes i know

BG3

Smash Journeyman
But, am I allowed to send a PM to you regarding this boot file, or is that stlill not allowed?

Mr. Nintendork

Smash Apprentice
Can someone help me out?
My SD card stopped working in-game!
It worked just fine with textures and custom music.
I was changing the settings in My Music when suddenly my custom songs wouldn't play anymore!
My textures wouldn't work either!
And when I reset the game, they work but then they disappear again.
I've reset the game a number of times now, and I think the swaps are disappearing faster each time!
What gives?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
On Yoshi's Island (Brawl), the original music and my custom music seem to swap back and forth whenever the seasons change.

Any reason why?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
On Yoshi's Island (Brawl), the original music and my custom music seem to swap back and forth whenever the seasons change.

Any reason why?
Yeah. Obstacle Course has two parts; hence, it changes music when the seasons change. so, you need two copies of the song you want to play on that song (E02 and E07, i believe) for them to work.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Can someone help me out?
My SD card stopped working in-game!
It worked just fine with textures and custom music.
I was changing the settings in My Music when suddenly my custom songs wouldn't play anymore!
My textures wouldn't work either!
And when I reset the game, they work but then they disappear again.
I've reset the game a number of times now, and I think the swaps are disappearing faster each time!
What gives?
this happened to me at one point. try deleting all the files and then putting them back on. it takes a while, but i think reloading everything makes it better. happened to me a while back.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, I have another stupid question. OK, earlier, I asked if Brawl has to be working on your wii, and the response was yes. Well, since my disc drive is broken, I want to ask if it is still possible to play Brawl+? Essentially, can I just put in SSBB in the wii and have it say "disc could not be read" and still load up Brawl+?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I have another stupid question. OK, earlier, I asked if Brawl has to be working on your wii, and the response was yes. Well, since my disc drive is broken, I want to ask if it is still possible to play Brawl+? Essentially, can I just put in SSBB in the wii and have it say "disc could not be read" and still load up Brawl+?
no

What's IOS60? Because mine is apparently corrupted.
whats the menu version of your wii? also, i've heard a certain edition of wii's have trouble with the HBC, i don't exactly remember the number though, does anyone else know it?

Roager

Smash Ace
I don't follow a lot of the technical advancements that B+ is making, but I do play B+. Just for my own understanding, what all is it possible to do, and what is it foreseeably possible to do?

I know custom character and stage select screens are possible, but to what degree? Is it possible to add more slots? More selectable textures per character? Can we arrange the SSS to have neutrals on one screen, and CPs on another? What limits are there for what can be changed?

Textures are obvious. And apparently it's also possible to change the character portrait on CSS? I've also seen threads about model extraction. Would it then be possible to use a file replacement-esque code to change models? Combined with PSA (which I do not know the limits of), would we be able to, then, create completely new characters? Models, animations, effects, damages, the works?

What opportunities are there for truly ADDING things? As of now, most of B+ has been replacement/editing.

I know it's kind of a haphazard post, but still. I'd like to know sort of where we are, from a technical standpoint, and where we can/are planning to go.

codfish92

Smash Ace
I don't follow a lot of the technical advancements that B+ is making, but I do play B+. Just for my own understanding, what all is it possible to do, and what is it foreseeably possible to do?

I know custom character and stage select screens are possible, but to what degree? Is it possible to add more slots? More selectable textures per character? Can we arrange the SSS to have neutrals on one screen, and CPs on another? What limits are there for what can be changed?
CSS: can be edited to whatever degree you like. but independent pokemon will only be independent when you select them if you have the engine on.

SSS: was taken off after it was known to cause a lot of glitches with replays and freezing. you can still use it to make neutrals one screen, and CP's the other.

Textures are obvious. And apparently it's also possible to change the character portrait on CSS? I've also seen threads about model extraction. Would it then be possible to use a file replacement-esque code to change models? Combined with PSA (which I do not know the limits of), would we be able to, then, create completely new characters? Models, animations, effects, damages, the works?
yes, you can change the portrait on the CSS. it is part of CSP's

model extraction is as far as it has gotten. no code can allow the import of custom models.

PSA can give characters completely new movesets, however it is limited to the animations the character possesses. model and animation loading are not done yet.

What opportunities are there for truly ADDING things? As of now, most of B+ has been replacement/editing.
replacement is all there can be until Almas finishes the clone engine.

Yaaawn

Smash Rookie
Well, I am a beginning texture hacker, but I seem to get an error while making an olimar texture.
Discription of my error: While converting my texture back to a PAC/PCS file, my ASH says:

<Maximum colors allowed 16>
<If your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture>

It happens with the FitPikminHigh and the FitPikminRef files.

Notes: I'm using Paint.net to edit my textures. My previous texture (a dedede one) worked out just as I wanted.

What do I have to to fix this error?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Lately my game has been freezing on the SSS. I have no idea why, and it just started happening today.

I just pick a character, add a cpu, and go into the SSS.

and then I press ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

No matter what, after about 3 to 5 seconds the game freezes with the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP sound.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
umm.....the latest codeset 5.0, ( I use the latest autoupdater so I have all the pacs and stuff too),

I just deleted all my music and stage texture hacks and that didn't work...

I have a lot of character textures....

I removed the custom css with edited pics (I still have the brawl+ one)....

let's see what else.... Well I have some pacs in each character's folder like "FitGanonTest", which are like testing PSA stuff...

I have the no homebrew hack...

I have homebrew and gecko OS and stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom