• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 24th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Never bully Cuccos. Seriously, attacking them is out of the question! This has always been a cardinal rule of The Legend of Zelda series."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jupo

Smash Cadet
I thought we would get Palutena, cuccos are cool tho

JPW

Smash Ace
i'm actually thinking this could work as a side special. Maybe Toon Link ditches his boomerang for this. I'm looking at the pictures i saw a bow, bomb, and a few sword moves, but no evidence of a boomerang.

He pulls the cucco out, and he can pick it up and throw it, he can attack it and it can go on a rampage, he can use it also as a edge recovery.

Last edited:

JPW

Smash Ace
oh yeah good point. Who knows what it is. Though it would be nice if it was part of his moveset, at least he wouldn't be such a clone of Link.

JPW

Smash Ace
it's a fansite though. I don't think that place is affiliated with Sakurai and Co..

Edit: It actually says so at the bottom. It is a fansite.

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
well i could be wrong then but i highly doubt it will be a new move for toon link

Psychoace

Smash Champion
i'm actually thinking this could work as a side special. Maybe Toon Link ditches his boomerang for this. I'm looking at the pictures i saw a bow, bomb, and a few sword moves, but no evidence of a boomerang.

He pulls the cucco out, and he can pick it up and throw it, he can attack it and it can go on a rampage, he can use it also as a edge recovery.
and perhaps use it to better his recovery sense he could glide with it.

JPW

Smash Ace
it's a hard guess it could very well be an item. He didn't really give us much info than "don't hit it".

This is more of a reason i wish the dojo returned. Because he would categorize them.

i'm kind of hoping it is a move though... cause this would mean Clones are also getting fleshed out, and that creates hope for Gannondorf and his Sword. Maybe Falco and Wolf will also pick up a few new moves. If they are back. (I think Falco has a high chance, and wolf probably 75%. Every franchise needs a nemesis. Well the main franchises anyway)

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
People were always talking about how Smash was a sausage-fest. Now we've got genuine c***s in the game.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pretty sure it's an Item like Mr. Saturn. ^^ Plus, Sakurai tends to make sure people knows if it's a Assist Trophy or not, lately.

Either way, I love it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Cuckoos as an item?
It's official! Smash 4 is gonna be broken! All characters are tourney banned!

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
My assumption is that it's an assist trophy, where if your enemies happen to hit it, they get swarmed by an army of killer Cuccos. That, or you throw the Cucco, and whoever it hits is who the Cuccos swarm to. Chaos ensues. These chickens, eat YOU. Mwahahahahaaaaaa....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Cuckoo seems to be an Assist Trophy if you asked me. If your opponents attack it too much, Cuckoos will start flying at them.

However, the Cuckoos would be rather weak, in terms of knockback, making them more suited for building up damage, if anything.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm thinking its an assist trophy or item as well.

I've always wondered what did they do with the Cuccos. I mean do they eat them and if so what mighty warrior takes on the job of slaughtering them? You could eat the eggs but that still seems like a dangerous animal to keep just for some scramble eggs.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Man, that's gotta be awkward for the chickens living in Smashville.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
@ Gallowglass Gallowglass : Think of it like this. Even a domesticated animal can turn against its owner if it's feeling abused.
True but you know what else is abusive to them? Eating them. Maybe they're like cows in India. The people of Hyrule worship cuccos in the same manner and to harm one is to bring the wrath of the gods.

Wait would that mean the bird on the Hylian shield is actually a cucco? O.o

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
its gotta be an assist trophy. The question is what happens when you do attack it?.........

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
In the game Super Smash Flash 2 there was a Cuccoo item. It would work as it did in Zelda games. You could pick it up and when you would jump from a platform or wherever you'd be, you would glide down as the Zelda games would. You could also attack the Cuccoo which if you attacked it too much, it would get angry and a swarm of Cuccoos would come and attack whoever provoked the first one as it was done in many Zelda games. A Link To the Past is a good example. Just imagine it on a 2D plane though.

Top Bottom