• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 24th

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
They say the reason they (and Kakariko) still exist after the 7 years in OoT is because Ganondorf feared them too much to make a move against them.
That makes... so much sense that it must be canon.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
They say the reason they (and Kakariko) still exist after the 7 years in OoT is because Ganondorf feared them too much to make a move against them.
Somehow ...I am not surprised...I guess the only other thing that the King of Evil can be Killed by a bunch of Cuccos ...

Uffe

Smash Hero
When are you ever allowed to hack games, just do it
By that, I meant if it will be possible this time around. I know Nintendo didn't take kindly to it with Brawl hackers. Unless of course there is always a way.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Tomorrow will be an aftermath picture with the caption, "OH ****!"
I hope it's Toon Link getting hit by a ton of cuccos. Nothing is better than watching a young boy getting pounded by tons of c****

Yosheggo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-2058-2549
In Ocarina of Time you could use the Cucco to glide across when Link jumped off a ledge. Maybe it's an item with similar properties like when Peach glides? But I guess you shouldn't attack it or a swarm of Cucco would attack the player (or the entire map?) That's all I got.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
After seeing this, I want a Anju trophy on the 3ds!

Since Anju is the Cucco lady in OoT.

WE NEED TO SEE A BETTER 3DS TROPHY THAN STUPID SARIA!

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
After seeing this, I want a Anju trophy on the 3ds!

Since Anju is the Cucco lady in OoT.

WE NEED TO SEE A BETTER 3DS TROPHY THAN STUPID SARIA!
I agree that we need more OoT 3DS trophies but don't over react, besides sakurai probably has tons of trophies ready but is not showing us them all since it would spoil the fun and it is too much.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Actually, to my knowledge, Nintendo's never said anything about it.
A group called ]Syntax Error[ started hacking Brawl back in about 2009, maybe earlier. I can't exactly recall. I read that Nintendo pretty much shut them down because of it. Maybe it got out of hand to the point Nintendo couldn't do a thing other than hope that people would update their Wiis, thus stopping them from being able to further hack. Of course this community never allowed that to stop.

Shin F.

Smash Master
A group called ]Syntax Error[ started hacking Brawl back in about 2009, maybe earlier. I can't exactly recall. I read that Nintendo pretty much shut them down because of it. Maybe it got out of hand to the point Nintendo couldn't do a thing other than hope that people would update their Wiis, thus stopping them from being able to further hack. Of course this community never allowed that to stop.
I was lurking in the community during that time, but that's actually a common misconception. Nintendo never shut Syntax Error down, their host site did because they feared a C&D from Nintendo. Nintendo never actually had anything to do with that. That's why Stack Smash later released the hacks and never got a C&D themselves, and why hacking sites today don't get C&Ds.

Last edited:

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
behold the most powerful being In the entire Legend of Zelda series. these deadly beast may look weak but when provoked they make the mighty ganon seem like an insect. they will black in the heavens and swarm. annihilating everything that's in their path. don't mess with the Concon,

Last edited:

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
behold the most powerful being. In the entire Legend of Zelda series. these deadly beast may look week but when provoked they make the mighty ganon seem like an insect. they will black in the heavens and swarm annihilating everything that's in their path. don't mess with the Concon,
The Truth be told. They would be absolutely horrible if they got a :starman:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I was lurking in the community during that time, but that's actually a common misconception. Nintendo never shut Syntax Error down, their host site did because they feared a C&D from Nintendo. Nintendo never actually had anything to do with that. That's why Stack Smash later released the hacks and never got a C&D themselves, and why hacking sites today don't get C&Ds.
That clears that up. I'm not sure what C&D is, though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Cease & Desist, basically a threat of legal action if they don't stop what they're doing.
Ah. That makes sense. In any case, I hope hacking is possible in the new game. All I've ever wanted was to use texture hacks. Thanks for the info.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm actually pretty excited for Cuccos for fun matches. It would be fun to attack them on purpose...I actually want to see them attack Ganondorf. :p

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
If it were to be an assist trophy it could potentially be extremely useless..kinda like Starfy. I see it more as an item that has the potential to attack everyone on the screen, regardless of who provokes it first. The cuccos were an item in OoT, so I believe they shall be an item in Smash as opposed to an assist trophy. Assist trophies are mainly characters who had an opportunity to be playable but didn't quite cut it, like Waluigi lol.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
I hope hacking isn't possible because it's bad enough that some people bash nintendo's work because it isn't melee 2.0. we don't need any hacks to ruin the game, even if mods are there. this game will be a fresh start and hopefully many take the message that mods that change the physics engine are just a way of insulting professional game developers work. people just can't let the past go, PM is an example as it makes semi-clones back to their clone status. for the sake of this game, keep it pure for a few years, we don't need another PM at the moment.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I hope hacking isn't possible because it's bad enough that some people bash nintendo's work because it isn't melee 2.0. we don't need any hacks to ruin the game, even if mods are there. this game will be a fresh start and hopefully many take the message that mods that change the physics engine are just a way of insulting professional game developers work. people just can't let the past go, PM is an example as it makes semi-clones back to their clone status. for the sake of this game, keep it pure for a few years, we don't need another PM at the moment.
I don't think he particularly cares about the physics, just adding new textures. Which really does enhance the fun of the game quite a lot, being able to play as whatever character you want even just as a skin.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
When the cucco apears a battle of "no hit the chicken." is unleashed.
I kwon kwon is gonna attack but hey.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me this will work a very little like a :bomb:, but I mean that it is possible that it will run around when it is spawned and possibly chase and attack whoever is near or whoever threw it or whoever it hit when it was thrown.

Last edited:

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me this will work a very little like a :bomb:, but I mean that it is possible that it will run around when it is spawned and possibly chase and attack whoever is near or whoever threw it or whoever it hit when it was thrown.
Well I hope not, I hope it has the same function like in the Legend Of Zelda games, using it for your own good (as a gliding-tool) or for your own demise (when attacked).

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Definitely seems like an Assist Trophy, but would have been cool as a replacement for TL's bombs. Down B to pull one out, glide for recovery, otherwise just chuck it at the opponent, similar to a bomb.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think the Cuccos should have the glide as a effect if you are carrying one.

Now there is one more Zelda item I want to see.

Phantom Ganon's Sword, I'd love to see another sword item, the Beam Sword is too generic for my taste in a fine blade.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's too much of a stretch to think this might be a B special. Sakurai always indicates if it's a special and he always let's us know when it's a new assist trophy. Therefore, the most logical conclusion is that this is an item.

Top Bottom