• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 19th

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Seeing this makes me think of one thing, the Wii U version got to be rated T.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To be fair, the Link Costume you're referring to isn't a True Alternate Costume, its an Alternate Texture thats only made to resemble the Skyloft Link outfit..chances are Link will have a completely different Alternate Costume that actually changes his Model..like, say, Hyrule Warriors Link or Fierce Diety Link or something.
I am quite aware of that SS Link in Smash is just an alternate texture which is why I had a big beef about leaving that hat on. I was just pointing out how silly it was that Sakurai "stripped down" Samus yet couldn't be bothered take off Link's cap. I found it quite humorous.

I do agree that SS Zelda needs to happen.

Last edited:

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
I'm a devout feminist and I have zero (haha) problem with this. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the designer being female. It's a bit disturbing, however, how little people actually understand feminism and the principles it promotes (including many women and self-described feminists who have little clue about what feminism actually is). The sheer fact that people are expecting this extreme feminist backlash is the problem, not this alternate costume.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'm a devout feminist and I have zero (haha) problem with this. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the designer being female. It's a bit disturbing, however, how little people actually understand feminism and the principles it promotes (including many woman and self-described feminists who have little clue about what feminism actually is). The sheer fact that people are expecting this extreme feminist backlash is the problem, not this alternate costume.
People know what feminism is, it's how feminism is portrayed by those self-proclaimed "radical" feminists that you'll see on YouTube and Tumblr that get the most attention (really the things they do is just plain unacceptable). People don't actually see that black-and-white.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Keep the alt costumes rolling!!! This pretty much was the only logical costume for her (Justin Bailey coloring from the original Metroid on this would be nice too, though).

Since Namco is working on this with Nintendo, I wonder if they are pushing for alternate costumes for everyone? Tekken has at least one for everyone in the newer games (actually I think nearly every Tekken has alternate costumes for everyone), so I would imagine they had a hand in pushing for the alternates.

That and the attention Project M has gotten for its alternate costumes, it'd be really great to see some of those in the new Smash. Here's hoping every character has at least one in the final build and/or DLC costumes!!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
My friend literally said three days ago that these wouldn't work and would probably look bad.

He said today, "This is the best thing I have ever been wrong about."

Anyway, these are really awesome. I hope we get a Justin Bailey thing too.
This is mostly Justin Bailey. Justin Bailey from Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission.

Or did you mean Amiibo?

I expected this costume to make an appearance since she was announced as a separate character from (Power Suit) Samus. It's fine by me.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
No wonder Australia gave these games a mature warning label, it had to do with ZZS' getting an alternate costume.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
Is that Brinstar? Why bring back Brinstar again? I really hate Brinstar.
That weird dip in the center right of the stage where you get stuck on the stupid ball things that hold the two sides of the stage together... I wonder if they'll update any old stages the way Mariokart does with theirs but it doesn't look like they will be doing that. Haven't in the past either.

That being said... #DatBooty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
Do the graphics/textures on the Wii U pic look average to anyone else, or is it just me?

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
it's how feminism is portrayed by those self-proclaimed "radical" feminists that you'll see on YouTube and Tumblr that get the most attention (really the things they do is just plain unacceptable). People don't actually see that black-and-white.
I completely agree!

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I just woke up and already 6 pages of comments for a pic of the day?! Just wow. I can't believe they actually went with this costume, but I don't care, it's fantastic. Thanks female designer, you have a fine taste with this topic about controversial costumes. Also, why Brinstar? Nobody likes that stage, not even casuals. WHY NOT FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I just woke up and already 6 pages of comments for a pic of the day?! Just wow. I can't believe they actually went with this costume, but I don't care, it's fantastic. Thanks female designer, you have a fine taste with this topic about controversial costumes. Also, why Brinstar? Nobody likes that stage, not even casuals. WHY NOT FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS.
They'll show Fountain of Dreams when they show Dedede's midriff alt costume :smirk:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Is that Brinstar? Why bring back Brinstar again? I really hate Brinstar.
Are you serious? Brinstar's like the best Melee stage, great music, great hazards, great layout, great graphics, atmosphere, etc...

Also, why does everything Metroid-related on Smash always cause ****storms?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The comment saying he didn't think that this could be done in time makes me think we still have a ton of cool stuff waiting for us to see.
Yea like TONS of newcomers :D

Ok I don't care about tons, just give me Isaac as a playable character.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Tell Tumblr there's no fire
I'm sure they'll still be complaining. I was watching a video on Tumblr about how Avril Lavigne did some music video with Japanese people, and people were talking about how it was cultural appropriation, and how she was deemed as their savior or some BS because she was this different person with the main focus and the Japanese were all dressed the same. She responded back, and these Tumblrites were still getting on her case about it. I'm guessing we're going to see that with this, even if a woman was behind designing these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
People please... why is this bad for kids?
Kids go to beaches too... I think that there's even more harmfull material than No-Suit-Samus. Stop being so hypocritical and prudish. Get real plz

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
*Puts on most over the top british accent*

A woman showing skin! This is something that has never happened before! Hupuchahumbabahumblebir M! RATE IT M! US OLD PEOPLE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS NUDITY IN CHILDREN'S GAMES! Belly buttons are far too sexual for a young child! M!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's an official alteration of Samus from an official game. Good enough for me.

Nice to see so many alts. I really hope Lucario gets some form of alt. Wouldn't mind an explorer variation. :cool:
We should get Scarf Pikachu from Explorers too, I'd rather play as my explorer Pikachu than Ash's Pikachu.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time.
RIDLEY CONFIRMED
TELL YOUR KIDS
TELL YOUR WAIFUS
TELL YOUR HUSBANDOS
RIDLEY CONFIRMED

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
*Puts on most over the top british accent*

A woman showing skin! This is something that has never happened before! Hupuchahumbabahumblebir M! RATE IT M! US OLD PEOPLE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS NUDITY IN CHILDREN'S GAMES! Belly buttons are far too sexual for a young child! M!
You forgot to add 'MOST UNORTHODOX!'

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
People please... why is this bad for kids?
Kids go to beaches too... I think that there's even more harmfull material than No-Suit-Samus. Stop being so hypocritical and prudish. Get real plz
The beach argument is a really bad one (in most cases, mind you, not all) for several reasons, but honestly this isn't a bikini or anything, so people shouldn't be getting too worked up over it.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
This is mostly Justin Bailey. Justin Bailey from Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission.

Or did you mean Amiibo?

I expected this costume to make an appearance since she was announced as a separate character from (Power Suit) Samus. It's fine by me.
Oh, I meant the one with green hair and pink leotard thing.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
i love how even sakuari is constantly impress by his team. Not much time left! Soon we will know all characters and costumes!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Naturally, when I looked at the second image, my eyes gravitated to BRINSTAR.

What did you think it was going to be?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Now we need Captain Falcon in a nice bikini
:falconmelee:

EDIT: Also, they're focusing on costumes now and he's worried about development deadlines? Why not just release them as DLC or something like that? I guess making the game as complete as possible is nice

Last edited:
Top Bottom