• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Gets a "Call To Arms"

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Um. if the game wasnt "dodge is safe, lemme spam that"

or "lets make knockback crazy at low %'s so they cant combo."

Then the game would be worth the time melee/n64 and PM have invested..
So because the game isn't a combo orientated style smash game then it's not worth playing? I personally find that logic bass ackwards since i find smash 4 more enjoyable to watch and play than any other smash game because unlike the past iterations every character feels viable which in turn leads to more variety in matches as opposed to the what 8 characters in the game that everyone plays as with the occasional mid and low tiers here and there. Sure melee might be faster and combo orientated but that doesn't mean anything when your watching the same 8 characters fight each other by doing the exact same combos. I'm not saying it like melee isn't fun to watch no of course not i love watching melee matches and combo videos but i just prefer seeing people create their own combos on the spot since i find it more impressive than u-throw to u-air or f-air to d-air but hey it's just an opinion, a gamer's opinion! thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

So because the game isn't a combo orientated style smash game then it's not worth playing? I personally find that logic bass ackwards since i find smash 4 more enjoyable to watch and play than any other smash game because unlike the past iterations every character feels viable which in turn leads to more variety in matches as opposed to the what 8 characters in the game that everyone plays as with the occasional mid and low tiers here and there. Sure melee might be faster and combo orientated but that doesn't mean anything when your watching the same 8 characters fight each other by doing the exact same combos. I'm not saying it like melee isn't fun to watch no of course not i love watching melee matches and combo videos but i just prefer seeing people create their own combos on the spot since i find it more impressive than u-throw to u-air or f-air to d-air but hey it's just an opinion, a gamer's opinion! thanks for reading!
What about a fast combo orientated game with the most balanced cast making nearly all 40 characters viable?

That sound good?

Like a dream?

or like Project M.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
What about a fast combo orientated game with the most balanced cast making nearly all 40 characters viable?

That sound good?

Like a dream?

or like Project M.
No...just no. The speed and combo potential of smash 4 is just fine tbh maybe it's because i grew up on brawl but i seriously don't get the hate that smash 4 gets.Why does everyone treat pm like it's the second coming of jesus for the smash series? All it really looks like is an attempt to give melee elitists what they wanted from brawl which was a melee 2 which isn't something i'm necessarily against but feeding into what the melee brats want isn't going to do anything but have even more reasons to say that melee is the best smash game. You might disagree but that's just how i feel.:4kirby:

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Smash 4 will die at EVO. There's a reason why people call it Brawl 2.0.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 will die at EVO. There's a reason why people call it Brawl 2.0.
The only reason people hate it is because or people dislike it is because they want it to be exactly like melee which is too much too ask for if you want it exactly the same I agree sm4sh needs some more knockback because I can survive as tink up to 160% against lvl 9 cpu and can never kill under 100-120 and I'm ok with characters having good recovery because one hit from an Arial from someone and you can't make it back

Chinaux

Smash Ace
The only reason people hate it is because or people dislike it is because they want it to be exactly like melee which is too much too ask for if you want it exactly the same I agree sm4sh needs some more knockback because I can survive as tink up to 160% against lvl 9 cpu and can never kill under 100-120 and I'm ok with characters having good recovery because one hit from an Arial from someone and you can't make it back
Not only that, it's just how slow paced the game is, and it's way too easy. I've played with kids who have literally never played smash before and have done well in a tournament setting. The game is too friendly to bad players, it's awful. There is NO competitive aspect to it. The game made literally every character good, all you need to do is read.
This video does a pretty good job on explaining why it's bad, although the delivery isn't that good. It's a bit ranty but all in all the message he's giving out is totally true.

Personally, I hope the competitive scene dies for it. It's a bad game in competitive eyes and deserves to die. I made a guide to Zero Suit and just pasted what her moves do and said "this move is good" "this move is bad", I literally don't even play the game much and I made it from the few hours I played it. I mean really? I haven't touched the game in months and can pull some bull**** guide out my ass and have it be rated very highly.

The game has no combos besides spamming single moves one after another. Not to mention that it is boring as **** to watch. I totally think it was fine how everyone cheered that the game was over and melee was finally being shown at APEX. I mean, shouldn't we be allowed to dislike what we want to dislike? Then what's the problem with everyone disliking how smash 4 took so much time during the event? Nothing, just smash 4 kids are just upset that their game isn't as good as they want it to be. I'm sorry, but your game will never be as good as other games. The characters aren't very fun to watch at all. Sonic is actually cancer, Diddy is so linear it's just the same thing every game, Sheik is mildly fun to watch but isn't played as much, and Zero Suit is actually the easiest character in the game. The game is too easy and forgiving for mistakes. 90% of the characters can recover from outside of the map, and somehow this is alright, since it only takes longer to take a stock in this game than it did in brawl.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Not only that, it's just how slow paced the game is, and it's way too easy. I've played with kids who have literally never played smash before and have done well in a tournament setting. The game is too friendly to bad players, it's awful. There is NO competitive aspect to it. The game made literally every character good, all you need to do is read.
This video does a pretty good job on explaining why it's bad, although the delivery isn't that good. It's a bit ranty but all in all the message he's giving out is totally true.
Making every character is a bad thing? Ok. No competitive aspect? Super Smash Flash has a competitive aspect, and that game uses RNG to determine whether you take 4% or 400% form a hit, get knocked nowhere or die. Uses port priority for all attacks, follows player 1, has a 5 moves moveset, and requires the same keyboard. Brawl has a competitive aspect. If you can compete, it has a competitive aspect.

The only thing that's gonna ruin Smash 4 is Apex. Apex tried to make it look like Melee, and in the process removed competitive aspects that made it unique, catered the stagelist for Fragile Speedsters and Glass Cannons, while allowing stall to dominate anyway.

Melee was made to be beginner friendly, along with the rest of the series. Just because it has game0changing exploits that raises the skill wall and ceiling to high levels doesn't automatically make the other games trash. Know what you're talking about. Just because a ranter says the game is bad doesn't make it bad.

And what on earth is wrong with a 100% viable cast?

SleezyWeezel

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0404-7056-2030
Guys please stop supporting melee and pm so much, its all exploits and no real gameplay; play braindead and autocombo for days. Smash 4 and brawl rewards patience and thinking properly, so we need to help the community grow. You melee/pm kids just wavedash and l-cancel all the time, you dont think about it anymore, complete muscle memory. Mango isnt really good, let me see him get top in smash4. Whats so fun in a game with little viable characters/stages? It just shows that melee kids dont understand that pm is a more balanced version with more good stages/characters; both games are still bad though.
funny because i play a lot of melee and pm and would probably wreck you in smash 4 lol.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
funny because i play a lot of melee and pm and would probably wreck you in smash 4 lol.
Same dude, my best friend plays PM and Melee and won a sm4sh tournament when it was like the first time he's played it. He trollpicked yoshi even though he knew nothing on how to play him, lol.

Honestly this "call to arms" thing is pretty sad. People should be in the competitive scene if they want to be. It's not the community that is the problem. It's the game, you guys think you're acting like ******* and are being uninviting, but smash 4 community is pretty inviting. It's just the game isn't good. Accept that, brahs.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Damn it guys, are you that dumb, read my later posts.

Why are you baited so easily, Im bored so stop it.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Same dude, my best friend plays PM and Melee and won a sm4sh tournament when it was like the first time he's played it. He trollpicked yoshi even though he knew nothing on how to play him, lol.

Honestly this "call to arms" thing is pretty sad. People should be in the competitive scene if they want to be. It's not the community that is the problem. It's the game, you guys think you're acting like ******* and are being uninviting, but smash 4 community is pretty inviting. It's just the game isn't good. Accept that, brahs.
asSo you think the game isn't good, therefore we are all wrong and need to accept that we have no argument: That we are just wrong. Are you trying to have an argument here, or simply insult everyone as much as possible? You're not contributing to discussion at all by insulting an entire community for thinking a game is good.

If the game isn;'t good to you but is to someone else, then it's good. Simple as that It's good to them, so it's good to some sort of fashion. The game is good to me, so it isn't completely bad.

So it doesn't rely on exploits. So the competition isn't community made. Oh well. We can live without that. you clearly make it sound like you can't, and that you want any game that isn't like Melee to be garbage and for people to give up on it.

Your ZSS guide is honestly not even good, but it gets high ratings because we are at a loss for guides for her. Because it gets rated highly, therefore the game has no depth.

This game doesn't need true 0-deaths. This game doesn't rely on "first person hit loses embarrassingly" it relies on mindgames, punishes, and not combos, which is why it is slower. And because people aren't instantly dying, it's automatically defensive, and because of that it's boring. Therefore the game isn't competitive. Seriously?

There is nothing wrong with disliking. There's something wrong with you not allowing people to play this game the way they like. or forcing everyone to look like they disliked something. Apex completely ruined Smash in the worst way possible.

I'm honestly questioning whether you want an argument/debate, or a place to freely insult everyone who disagrees with you with no backlash whatsoever.

Last edited:

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
No...just no. The speed and combo potential of smash 4 is just fine tbh maybe it's because i grew up on brawl but i seriously don't get the hate that smash 4 gets.Why does everyone treat pm like it's the second coming of jesus for the smash series? All it really looks like is an attempt to give melee elitists what they wanted from brawl which was a melee 2 which isn't something i'm necessarily against but feeding into what the melee brats want isn't going to do anything but have even more reasons to say that melee is the best smash game. You might disagree but that's just how i feel.:4kirby:
The way I see it is, your opinion is worth much less than an educated person's because you don't know much or care much about competitive play. Inb4 "everyone's opinion worth same." You don't understand that smash 4 isn't designed to be played seriously, and project M is. That's why when played competitively smash 4 will never be much better than brawl. Sakurai deliberately avoided the things that make fighting fun to watch and play because he's afraid that will deter his casual audience. You defend your game so strongly and attack melee fans, while never thinking about exactly why melee is still popular after all these years. Your game is made for casuals. You're defending it for no reason, you probably barely even play.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
You grew up with brawl, of course smash 4 isn't going to seem that bad. Brawl is known as the worst smash. It's like saying hey, I grew up poor, but now, not being as poor isn't so bad!

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I've proven my points, whether they're subjective or not, they're not any better than yours. It's like ****ing /v/ here, just pointless arguing. Somehow people get defensive when I say Smash 4 is ****, but if I say another game is, nobody really cares. Same goes with melee, if you say melee/PM are bad, people will probably think you're joking. There's no denying it, without them, Smash community would be nothing. Smash 4 isn't needed, and since melee and PM are growing exponentially, Smash 4 is going to die. APEX showed that competitive sm4sh was not good, nor will it last.
If you say Melee is bad, I will tell you that you are wrong because it's good for those who play competitively. It;'s good for someone, therefore it's not completely bad. Each Smash game is good. People, wil think you're joking because we have millions of reasons on why melee is good, while Smash 4 is new and can be destroyed quickly.

People get defensive about Smash 4 because the general idea get that Smash 4 is abd, it will die off and never get a chance.

Want to know what Apex did? They removed 2 of Diddy's worst stages, they removed the feature that turned all the top tiers into s*** and made the rest of the cast top tier, they also further removed Palutana's and Mii(specifically Brawler) customs, effectively turnind them form Diddy counters into garbage tier. They then mad eit clash with melee as much as possible. This encouraged defensive paky worse than Brawl's. That's why Smash 4 looks so bad. Apex showed that they want to ruin Smash 4. Who would go through that much banning and restriction just to play the game in the worst way possible?

Without Melee, Smash community wouldn't be nothing. IS there any one popular fighting community that has one really good game, and without it would be trash? No. But Smash 4 is almost as popular so it would be fine.

Smash 4 isn; needed, just like Smash 634 isn;t needed. PM isn't needed. Brawl isn;t needed. Youa re heavily biased towards Smash 4, and you have proven that over and over. Smash 4 will grow even more if the other 2 get left behind, it won't just die off. But I know there's nothing I can do to convince you that Smash 4 doesn't deserve to die. My points are just as subjective as yours, therefore you can;t just say "I'm right, you're wrong", while ignoring my paragraphs and just trying to claim superiority.

The fact that i get shot down and insulted for my belief that a game is good is astounding. I have to go to sleep. Good Nighht

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
People like you are the reason this community is so toxic. You don't care about non-Melee games because YOU aren't interested in them. With no concern for the people who actually enjoy competing in these games, you throw potshots and beg for the communities to die. The fact that there are so many people with this selfish mindset is sickening.
But Snurfsnarf, I like PM, too. :^)

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4

Personally, I hope the competitive scene dies for it. It's a bad game in competitive eyes and deserves to die. I made a guide to Zero Suit and just pasted what her moves do and said "this move is good" "this move is bad", I literally don't even play the game much and I made it from the few hours I played it. I mean really? I haven't touched the game in months and can pull some bull**** guide out my *** and have it be rated very highly.

The game has no combos besides spamming single moves one after another. Not to mention that it is boring as **** to watch. I totally think it was fine how everyone cheered that the game was over and melee was finally being shown at APEX. I mean, shouldn't we be allowed to dislike what we want to dislike? Then what's the problem with everyone disliking how smash 4 took so much time during the event? Nothing, just smash 4 kids are just upset that their game isn't as good as they want it to be. I'm sorry, but your game will never be as good as other games. The characters aren't very fun to watch at all. Sonic is actually cancer, Diddy is so linear it's just the same thing every game, Sheik is mildly fun to watch but isn't played as much, and Zero Suit is actually the easiest character in the game. The game is too easy and forgiving for mistakes. 90% of the characters can recover from outside of the map, and somehow this is alright, since it only takes longer to take a stock in this game than it did in brawl.
your posts, such as this one, is one of the best examples WHY most people hate the Melee community and claim it's the most toxic community in smash history!

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
"My opinion is the only opinion. Anybody who disagrees with me is wrong, and is also an idiot and shouldn't be able to enjoy what they do until they agree with me. Good and bad is not at all subjective, but instead is based upon what I think."- The whole thread

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
i don't have a problem if you don't like Sm4sh, but don't be so fricking toxic or a **** to its community about it.

I love Sm4sh, but i still prefer Melee more. i will agree that Sm4sh can be slow at times, but it can have entertaining matches and fast matches. Yes, it has a very low skill ceiling, but IMO, that's not a bad thing. We are still experimenting with customs, and i love custom moves. makes the matches more entertaining and faster.

Again, i have no problem if you dislike Sm4sh, but next time you display your opinion, don't be so toxic about it. Even Strong Bad admitted that the Melee community is very toxic at times!

Last edited:

SmokingPie

Smash Rookie
Melee has been around for over 13 years because it has depth. These arguments about its meta being stale is ridiculous. 5 years ago you could have said the meta had reached its limit, yet here we are in 2015 with a ****ING YOSHI getting 5th place at the largest tournament of all time.

Melee has shown that it is timeless, with depth comparable to other competitive games like Chess and Soccer. This argument is seriously like saying "HEY GUYS Chess has been around for thousands of years, the meta is stale, lets play something else because its new!" You just do not hear that.

If you want Smash 4 to grow, show that it is timeless, show that it has depth, and show that it has people dedicated to it for reasons beyond "it is new" I'm tired of people comparing Smash 4 to Melee. Melee is a DIFFERENT GAME. Smash 4 needs to shine on its own, without Melee, and Melee will continue to do its thing without Smash 4.

Take what is new and make it shine, not because there is a game that is 'doing it, so why can't we?', but because you love this game with a passion. Set yourselves apart. You will never be Melee, but you can be Smash 4
CLAPS!

Nilworth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nilworth
I have a friend who exclusively plays melee and PM, while I play exclusively smash4 and brawl. We have both played since the first smash games. When we get into a conversation about smash it goes a little like this: "hey man smash4 is boring as hell there are no fun tricks." "Yeah, well, melee is way past its prime and should be buried." Then we laugh and take turns playing each game. In my opinion if this community as a whole wants to be more successful, we should support all the games even if we don't like them as much as another one. If we are tearing each other apart because we can't even agree to disagree then how are we ever going to get anywhere? I hate playing melee anymore but I still do it to show my friend that I support it. And he still plays smash4 with me even though he finds it boring. So why can't we all just be friends and work towards propelling every smash game forward together? There shouldn't have to be any this game is better debates. And if there are weaknesses why not try to solve it? People are thinking Smash4 is too boring? Instead of pointing that out constantly why not put our heads together and figure out how to fix that! Custom parts? Tier lists? Hell maybe even adding equipment! (Just kidding that would get broken with Mach 5 bowsers and never flinching Ikes.) I'm sorry if I offend anyone or sound stupid but I'm just a huge smash fan who wants to see all of us succeed as a whole.

Muck

Smash Cadet
HOO-HAH
Nah jk

Its so true that its time to take the next step. Imo: we need to give PM and melee a break for a bit, and take time to learn the new game, establish a strong official tier list, learn the mechanics and so on.
i can tell you suck just by that statement

Muck

Smash Cadet
And thats a prime example of how obnoxious melee die hards can be, if the game lacks one thing present in melee, you demonize it as a terrible game. There are other ways to win, you dont need to rely on stale technique(wavedashing, which is a glitch)
if you knew anything about the game you would know that wavedashing is essential to movement in the game and can be used to do many things

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
Melee has been around for over 13 years because it has depth. These arguments about its meta being stale is ridiculous. 5 years ago you could have said the meta had reached its limit, yet here we are in 2015 with a ****ING YOSHI getting 5th place at the largest tournament of all time.

Melee has shown that it is timeless, with depth comparable to other competitive games like Chess and Soccer. This argument is seriously like saying "HEY GUYS Chess has been around for thousands of years, the meta is stale, lets play something else because its new!" You just do not hear that.

If you want Smash 4 to grow, show that it is timeless, show that it has depth, and show that it has people dedicated to it for reasons beyond "it is new" I'm tired of people comparing Smash 4 to Melee. Melee is a DIFFERENT GAME. Smash 4 needs to shine on its own, without Melee, and Melee will continue to do its thing without Smash 4.

Take what is new and make it shine, not because there is a game that is 'doing it, so why can't we?', but because you love this game with a passion. Set yourselves apart. You will never be Melee, but you can be Smash 4
"But the thing that was great about Capablanca was that he really spoke his mind, he said what he believed was true, he said what he felt. He wanted to change the rules [of chess] already, back in the twenties, because he said chess was getting played out. He was right. Now chess is completely dead. It is all just memorisation and prearrangement. It’s a terrible game now. Very uncreative."
-Bobby Fischer, 1972-75 World Chess Champion

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
For me smash wii u/3ds is better than melee. Why?

Sm4sh has better roster. Melee roster is full of dumb clones.
Sm4sh has online battles.
Sm4sh not too slow like brawl and not too fast like melee.
Melee has combos. Brawl has tactics. Sm4sh has both.
Customs moves. Metagame will never die.
Sm4sh can be patched/DLC.
HD graphic.
Better and more music.
Better stages.

Melee dont need break. The only break melee needs is a break in the neck. Melee needs to R.I.P.

Shulkamania

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatguy13
I really like playing Smash 4 because it has a character that I throughly enjoy playing and try to better as. In my opinion it is also fun to watch. Diddy isn't unbeatable once you learn the matchup which can be said for any character really. Each game takes skill and knowledge to play. When I moved from PM and Melee to Smash 4 it felt as if I was in a different world everything felt weird and took some getting used to, but after I played around with some characters I found that I really enjoyed playing the game even if it wasn't the same. I think people should play whatever they want and give Smash 4 more time to develop it won't be Melee 2 but maybe it can become something unique. That's just my opinion I'm just really feeling Smash 4 after coming back to it.

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
For me smash wii u/3ds is better than melee. Why?

Sm4sh has better roster. Melee roster is full of dumb clones.
Sm4sh has online battles.
Sm4sh not too slow like brawl and not too fast like melee.
Melee has combos. Brawl has tactics. Sm4sh has both.
Customs moves. Metagame will never die.
Sm4sh can be patched/DLC.
HD graphic.
Better and more music.
Better stages.

Melee dont need break. The only break melee needs is a break in the neck. Melee needs to R.I.P.
I'm sorry, but more content doesn't automatically make a game better. Are you going to be one of those who thinks the Smash 5 will be better than Smash 4 because it's newer?
Also, you are implying that Melee doesn't have tactics at all. ALL competitive games require being tactical to some degree. Contrary to popular belief, depth is not complex controls; control over your fighter and the choices you can make are what provide a game depth.
"I got hit. Should I move back or try to keep on the offensive? Should I try this attack? Should I block? Option A or Option B?" This is what deep gameplay is all about, being able to utilize your options properly in a the middle of action. Also, choices need to be viable should a game be competitive. A game with only few viable options out of a pool of several hurts the game. Not to say Smash 4 doesn't have viability or depth, because people do play it competitively. Melee had speed and reflexes complement the game's competitiveness.
Smash 4 does have much more content and is overall a Nintendo-quality game, but I prefer Project M because of how it was competitively designed and I can still enjoy it with my lower-level friends.

Get your emotions and personal opinion out of the discussion. You have no argument with those points. You're just as bad as the stubborn part of Melee's community.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
The way I see it is, your opinion is worth much less than an educated person's because you don't know much or care much about competitive play. Inb4 "everyone's opinion worth same." You don't understand that smash 4 isn't designed to be played seriously, and project M is. That's why when played competitively smash 4 will never be much better than brawl. Sakurai deliberately avoided the things that make fighting fun to watch and play because he's afraid that will deter his casual audience. You defend your game so strongly and attack melee fans, while never thinking about exactly why melee is still popular after all these years. Your game is made for casuals. You're defending it for no reason, you probably barely even play.
Really? so the fact that sakurai worked with namco bandai who have made many fighting games plus the buffs and nerfs that sakurai had been giving characters in patches were just because he felt like doing it? and actually i've had smash 4 since december of last year and even have gameplay footage of me playing it and have over 4000 matches played so far not to mention i had been playing smash competitively since brawl. And how would you even know that i don't care about competitive smash? You clearly have no proof for such a bold statement from someone who's never seen me outside of this post. But just to shut you up i will say i've contributed plenty to the Kirby smashboards community and keep up consistently with their forums. So you're saying that you would rather have a smash 4 play like a game that's metagame has been around for over a decade with the same 8 characters plus a few mid and low tiers here and there instead of a game with twice as many characters ALL of which are viable and could beat the best characters with enough practice and time put in with a fresh, new metagame? I don't understand the whole melee is the only way to have everyone on board with new smash games argument. There are people who like smash 4 more than melee for the same reasons i do. And not to start a war or anything but let me ask you a question if project m was say just a mod to make brawl a more enjoyable game to the competitive community and only made it faster with character balances and no melee techniques or gameplay than would it be as popular? No? Exactly my point. I don't think people don't like smash 4 because it is too casually based i think people are negative towards the game because it isn't what they wanted the game to be. Which is a really dumb reason for hating smash 4 and brawl btw. Anyway since this post has gone on way too long as it is i'll close it with this don't hate something because it isn't what you're used to or think is too different. Give smash 4 try and who knows you might like it more than melee although that's a bold statement considering the fanbase OH BURNED!

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
Really? so the fact that sakurai worked with namco bandai who have made many fighting games plus the buffs and nerfs that sakurai had been giving characters in patches were just because he felt like doing it? and actually i've had smash 4 since december of last year and even have gameplay footage of me playing it and have over 4000 matches played so far not to mention i had been playing smash competitively since brawl. And how would you even know that i don't care about competitive smash? You clearly have no proof for such a bold statement from someone who's never seen me outside of this post. But just to shut you up i will say i've contributed plenty to the Kirby smashboards community and keep up consistently with their forums. So you're saying that you would rather have a smash 4 play like a game that's metagame has been around for over a decade with the same 8 characters plus a few mid and low tiers here and there instead of a game with twice as many characters ALL of which are viable and could beat the best characters with enough practice and time put in with a fresh, new metagame? I don't understand the whole melee is the only way to have everyone on board with new smash games argument. There are people who like smash 4 more than melee for the same reasons i do. And not to start a war or anything but let me ask you a question if project m was say just a mod to make brawl a more enjoyable game to the competitive community and only made it faster with character balances and no melee techniques or gameplay than would it be as popular? No? Exactly my point. I don't think people don't like smash 4 because it is too casually based i think people are negative towards the game because it isn't what they wanted the game to be. Which is a really dumb reason for hating smash 4 and brawl btw. Anyway since this post has gone on way too long as it is i'll close it with this don't hate something because it isn't what you're used to or think is too different. Give smash 4 try and who knows you might like it more than melee although that's a bold statement considering the fanbase OH BURNED!
I literally don't care about what you have to say. I'm not even going to read that. I read the last sentence, and it was hilarious. I'm so glad you don't play the same game as me.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
I literally don't care about what you have to say. I'm not even going to read that. I read the last sentence, and it was hilarious. I'm so glad you don't play the same game as me.
Why? because i think people could like playing smash 4 competitively more than melee or that i insulted the fanbase? And yea i'm also glad i don't play the game as someone as close minded as you too.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
How are you any less close-minded? lmfao get the **** out
Because i never said once that i didn't like melee as a game or that i would never play it. I just like smash 4 better competitively and casually. However i don't really care for the melee competitive scene because of people like you. But i will at SOME point give it a try eventually just not anytime soon.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I'm sorry, but more content doesn't automatically make a game better. Are you going to be one of those who thinks the Smash 5 will be better than Smash 4 because it's newer?
Also, you are implying that Melee doesn't have tactics at all. ALL competitive games require being tactical to some degree. Contrary to popular belief, depth is not complex controls; control over your fighter and the choices you can make are what provide a game depth.
"I got hit. Should I move back or try to keep on the offensive? Should I try this attack? Should I block? Option A or Option B?" This is what deep gameplay is all about, being able to utilize your options properly in a the middle of action. Also, choices need to be viable should a game be competitive. A game with only few viable options out of a pool of several hurts the game. Not to say Smash 4 doesn't have viability or depth, because people do play it competitively. Melee had speed and reflexes complement the game's competitiveness.
Smash 4 does have much more content and is overall a Nintendo-quality game, but I prefer Project M because of how it was competitively designed and I can still enjoy it with my lower-level friends.

Get your emotions and personal opinion out of the discussion. You have no argument with those points. You're just as bad as the stubborn part of Melee's community.
Im not thinking that newer is always better. Im not barney stinson lol. For example Melee is older than Brawl but better in my opinion. But the truth is Sm4sh is better than Melee. Wake up.

I cant judge PM i never played it.

And for all Melee fanboys: Melee is 13 years old. How long do you all play Melee? Isnt this game boring now? Or do you think you have a chance against the same no life tournament winners? I cant get it how the most of you are not bored about a game that is 13 years old, you play competitively and are a nobody at competitive play. Melee is the second game of the series and you are all married already. Who marries the second ***** you try? Try some more ***** and have fun!

I hope you all understand my broken english.

Top Bottom