• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Gets a "Call To Arms"

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Im not thinking that newer is always better. Im not barney stinson lol. For example Melee is older than Brawl but better in my opinion. But the truth is Sm4sh is better than Melee. Wake up.

And for all Melee fanboys: Melee is 13 years old. How long do you all play Melee? Isnt this game boring now? Or do you think you have a chance against the same no life tournament winners? I cant get it how the most of you are not bored about a game that is 13 years old, you play competitively and are a nobody at competitive play. Melee is the second game of the series and you are all married already. Who marries the second ***** you try? Try some more ***** and have fun!

I hope you all understand my broken english.
I detail my reasons in my rebuttal to your argument, and again the only argument you present is that the game is old; if this post can even be called an argument. To be honest, it's generally impossible to convince anybody like that. You have no backing of why you believe Smash 4 is better than Melee other than the fact that it is old. Attacking the Melee fanbase is only making you look worse if anything. I also never said my stance on which game I think is better.
How are you going to convince anybody when you can't present yourself with enough decency and reason? I'll let you try again to at least show me why Smash 4 is better, and this time, please talk about Smash 4 and not Melee. If you can't, then this little conversation is over.

JackMcCloud18

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jack_McCloud
3DS FC
4639-8950-8890
I could not agree more! Its time for me to step up my game! I gotta learn these combos to a certain level of fluency. :D

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Im not thinking that newer is always better. Im not barney stinson lol. For example Melee is older than Brawl but better in my opinion. But the truth is Sm4sh is better than Melee. Wake up.

I cant judge PM i never played it.

And for all Melee fanboys: Melee is 13 years old. How long do you all play Melee? Isnt this game boring now? Or do you think you have a chance against the same no life tournament winners? I cant get it how the most of you are not bored about a game that is 13 years old, you play competitively and are a nobody at competitive play. Melee is the second game of the series and you are all married already. Who marries the second ***** you try? Try some more ***** and have fun!

Well to be fair melee does have a pretty in-depth competitve aspect to it. But other than that i'm with you on the 13 year old thing. Wouldn't be as passive-aggressive about it though and calling tournament winners from melee people with no life is kind of a low blow man. Something tells me there's more to your melee hate than it being over a decade old from the way you bashed the community.

PUGS

Smash Rookie
THE TRUTH IS, smash 4 is not better than melee. THE TRUTH IS, melee is not better than smash 4. Stop ****ing saying **** like its a fact and not just an opinion. But if you're really trying to have a debate, then use actual FACTS to support your argument. If you guys, as smash 4 players, want your game to grow to be bigger than melee, it will not be through bashing melee. It will be through devoting enough time to the game to show through your gameplay that it is more hype. This is only possible if the game's mechanics allow for it. I know you guys believe that they do, and I know "pure melee" guys believe that they don't. The only measurable statistic toward competitive play is tournament attendance/viewership (AKA public opinion) which as of now, melee has the clear advantage. So if you really disagree, then prove them wrong. Play the game at a level that people think is unreachably exciting. Until then, melee guys need to stop just mindlessly talking trash, and smash 4 guys need to stop acting like they deserve everything without proving their worth.

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
no ppmd bodied leffen ,,fox is broken and overused,,and you probably just came in here to start an argument,,considering its smash wii u call to arms,,
oh look, gets really defensive when I point out a simple fact. smash 4 shouldn't need a call to arms. it's just brawl with hd graphics and no tripping, and it'll be dead in year.

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet

I cant judge PM i never played it.

Your English was pretty good, definitely understandable :)

I suggest you take the time to learn why melee is so popular before attacking its fanbase. Melee is the most popular smash game among serious competitive players, and things are this way for a good reason. Look it up.

Last edited:

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
oh look, gets really defensive when I point out a simple fact. smash 4 shouldn't need a call to arms. it's just brawl with hd graphics and no tripping, and it'll be dead in year.
lol,,ye i am getting defensive ,,smash 4 is brawl with hd graphics new edge mechanics vast varied cast no tripping no chaingrabs greater balance faster game speed ,custom moves (which completely change the metagame) the ability to be patched ,,dlc mewtwo more hitstun to allow for greater combos and strings,,no momentum cancelling
,,but what would you know your just an ignorant melee fanboy who thinks that the entire smash scene revolves around melee,,grow up.I can tell if you played smash 4 you would be a scrub,,caz you would be too used to pressing buttons.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
THE TRUTH IS, smash 4 is not better than melee. THE TRUTH IS, melee is not better than smash 4. Stop ****ing saying **** like its a fact and not just an opinion. But if you're really trying to have a debate, then use actual FACTS to support your argument. If you guys, as smash 4 players, want your game to grow to be bigger than melee, it will not be through bashing melee. It will be through devoting enough time to the game to show through your gameplay that it is more hype. This is only possible if the game's mechanics allow for it. I know you guys believe that they do, and I know "pure melee" guys believe that they don't. The only measurable statistic toward competitive play is tournament attendance/viewership (AKA public opinion) which as of now, melee has the clear advantage. So if you really disagree, then prove them wrong. Play the game at a level that people think is unreachably exciting. Until then, melee guys need to stop just mindlessly talking trash, and smash 4 guys need to stop acting like they deserve everything without proving their worth.
Then you stop saying melee is better than smash 4 like it's not just an opinion. I have legitimate arguments to try to convince people that smash 4's metagame could easily rival melee but not necessarily be better because saying something like that would start a serious war. Smash 4 has unarguably the most balanced roster in the entire series hoo-hah and sheik included. Customs moves provide some of the most unique ways to play the same character in the franchise. A lot more variety in stages, and twice as many characters. Now i know that melee has a bigger fanbase than smash 4 and might stay that way but it wouldn't hurt to try to convince people why we love smash 4 but also try to let them convince you about melee. Being passive-aggressive about it won't get anyone on your side and if they don't agree so what? Everyone has a preference don't hate on them for liking said game. I don't like the competitive aspect of melee but that doesn't mean if someone said i love playing competitive melee i would stick a gun down their throat and tell them to take back what they said or it'll be the last thing they said. Just be careful about how you approach people about this stuff and they may give it a chance. If you could tell me why melee is better without actual facts then i'd love to hear it, if not don't bother.

Zurreal

Smash Rookie
@KyroChao You really neglect what a hypocrite you are.

I can turn everything you have said around:

you can only watch Diddies and people timing out matches for so long.

No, i think the fact that a sequel of an existing series thats had its chance to be in the spotlight for a damn long time does not need to come back into focus while a new mod is still being learned.

CONGRATULATIONS
you have become a Smash 4 elitist, the Melee elitist's equally toxic counterpart.
This comment made me lose all faith in other randoms.

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
lol,,ye i am getting defensive ,,smash 4 is brawl with hd graphics new edge mechanics vast varied cast no tripping no chaingrabs greater balance faster game speed ,custom moves (which completely change the metagame) the ability to be patched ,,dlc mewtwo more hitstun to allow for greater combos and strings,,no momentum cancelling
,,but what would you know your just an ignorant melee fanboy who thinks that the entire smash scene revolves around melee,,grow up.I can tell if you played smash 4 you would be a scrub,,caz you would be too used to pressing buttons.
yeah im a melee fanboy cuz i like fighting games that actually involve approaching and more skill than simply knowing when to spot dodge and grab+some aerial.

smash 4 doesn't even have shield stun. it's a terrible game, tbh.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
yeah im a melee fanboy cuz i like fighting games that actually involve approaching and more skill than simply knowing when to spot dodge and grab+some aerial.

well if you were acctually smart and space your moves you can approach,,but ur just gonna ***** and moan about the game because you dont have the intelligence for it

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
brodouble post: 18708991 said:

So what you're saying is that smash 4 doesn't require skill. Watch out everyone we got ourselves a melee brat over here. I'm also pretty sure that every fighting game is reaction based so you're kinda contradicting youself by saying that smash 4 does what melee does probably even more. Like, have you ever seen a competitive melee match bro?

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
well if you were acctually smart and space your moves you can approach,,but ur just gonna ***** and moan about the game because you dont have the intelligence for it
this game is way too janky to be taken seriously as a 1vs1 fighter. ignoring the fact that half of the cast just throws stuff, you've got cheese like DK's cyclone spin and Sonic's side b spam, and lucario's aura..way too much cheesiness. not to mention that most matches the players spend half of the clock just trying to approach, and then guess what, you finally get a hit but this game gives you no combo momentum half of the time so you gotta do it all over again. why do you think dabuz times people out so much? i promise you that will become the norm in the next year or so.

sakurai wasn't lying when he said there's better fighters out there if that's your goal. smash 4 fans are the ones who need to stop trying to force feed this party game down everyones throats at events. it's clearly not intended to be what you're trying to make it.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
this game is way too janky to be taken seriously as a 1vs1 fighter. ignoring the fact that half of the cast just throws stuff, you've got cheese like DK's cyclone spin and Sonic's side b spam, and lucario's aura..way too much cheesiness. not to mention that most matches the players spend half of the clock just trying to approach, and then guess what, you finally get a hit but this game gives you no combo momentum half of the time so you gotta do it all over again. why do you think dabuz times people out so much? i promise you that will become the norm in the next year or so.

sakurai wasn't lying when he said there's better fighters out there if that's your goal. smash 4 fans are the ones who need to stop trying to force feed this party game down everyones throats at events. it's clearly not intended to be what you're trying to make it.
Are you trolling? Please tell me you're trolling. Because you're about to enter into a war with smash 4 fans that you're not prepared to fight in.

Last edited:

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
Are you trolling? Please tell me you're trolling. Because you're about to enter into a war with smash 4 fans that you're not prepared to fight in.
not trolling. those fans argued in favor of brawl when it was released too. there's also people who take mario party seriously at competitive levels, but it doesn't mean anyone else has to or should.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828

1.git gud sonics side b is punishable,,,dks cyclone acctually makes him viable ,,unlike in melee where he gets bodied by everyone...and noone asked you to play smash 4 ..but here you are talkin bout stuff you clearly know nothing about.

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
1.git gud sonics side b is punishable,,,dks cyclone acctually makes him viable ,,unlike in melee where he gets bodied by everyone...and noone asked you to play smash 4 ..but here you are talkin bout stuff you clearly know nothing about.
"git guud"

stopped there. you're not to be taken seriously.

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
lol...you shouldn't have to "get a game up to par" if the hype was there then it'd be there. there's obvious reasons that it isn't.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
lol...you shouldn't have to "get a game up to par" if the hype was there then it'd be there. there's obvious reasons that it isn't.
good
"git guud"

stopped there. you're not to be taken seriously.
good that you finally admitted defeat ,,please just because your bad at a game and cant ADAPT ,,dont come on a smash 4 message board and start talkin ****,,,stick to the melee section and wait for the inevitable coming of 20XX

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
good
good that you finally admitted defeat ,,please just because your bad at a game and cant ADAPT ,,dont come on a smash 4 message board and start talkin ****,,,stick to the melee section and wait for the inevitable coming of 20XX
LOL yeah okay and i'm sure the reason a lot of people think golf is boring is because they suck at it, right?

lol smash 4 fans and their salt.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
LOL yeah okay and i'm sure the reason a lot of people think golf is boring is because they suck at it, right?

lol smash 4 fans and their salt.
LMAO,,,THATS EXACTLY WHY PEOPLE HATE GOLF..lol i bet your bad at melee aswell..ohh melee fans and their salt ,,lol

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
I like the message, i all i hope is that we could put it into action. i really wish i could offer a lot more help to achieve this goal. but all i could do is share this message so that others could a make a change all so. our community needs it, Smashboards needs.

So dramatic, and a lot of you really need to grow a pair. Smash 4 is pooped on at events because it's very, very boring to watch. End of story.
It's boring to watch because it's a ****ing 4/5 month old game. All we know for now is Diddy is stop tier and there hasn't been much counterplay or counter picks for him yet. There's still much that can be done with the game and has FAR more potential than Melee ever will have, simply because we have a bigger roster and custom moves to choose from.

Smash 4 is going to be inevitable, but if we keep getting this resistance and elitism it's going to be shunned before it can get its chance. Give it some time. And the boring pace can easily be solved by manipulating time and stock amounts. If we only have 2 stocks, you damn well better believe people will play defensive and safe. But with 3, maybe people will open up more and we'll see more hype moments and comebacks.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
It's boring to watch because it's a ****ing 4/5 month old game. All we know for now is Diddy is stop tier and there hasn't been much counterplay or counter picks for him yet. There's still much that can be done with the game and has FAR more potential than Melee ever will have, simply because we have a bigger roster and custom moves to choose from.

Smash 4 is going to be inevitable, but if we keep getting this resistance and elitism it's going to be shunned before it can get its chance. Give it some time. And the boring pace can easily be solved by manipulating time and stock amounts. If we only have 2 stocks, you damn well better believe people will play defensive and safe. But with 3, maybe people will open up more and we'll see more hype moments and comebacks.
smash 4 has plenty of hype moments ,,but these melee players watch one boring match and they generalise the whole of smash 4 as boring,,its ignorance that huets the smash community

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
smash 4 has plenty of hype moments ,,but these melee players watch one boring match and they generalise the whole of smash 4 as boring,,its ignorance that huets the smash community
one match? no, i watched all of apex and a lot of tourneys in general. they're all usually really slow.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
one match? no, i watched all of apex and a lot of tourneys in general. they're all usually really slow.
Do you hear yourself man? It's not even a year old yet. Was melee as super hype and in-depth as it is now? NO! So you can't expect smash 4 to be either. Hypocrite.

brodouble

Smash Apprentice
Do you hear yourself man? It's not even a year old yet. Was melee as super hype and in-depth as it is now? NO! So you can't expect smash 4 to be either. Hypocrite.
well you lemme know when the patch for faster and less janky gameplay comes out.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
:(:(
you know what i find ironic...?

after i saw the documentary series "The Smash Brothers", I felt that one of the major points of it, besides Melee's maintained prevalence for 14+ years, was the fact that the Smash Bros series brought people together as friends and sappy stuff like that. I liked that a lot... how it didn't matter who you are, you're just another Smash Bros player. you like the game, just like the others, and you'll have no problem making friends.

now keeping all those sappy feels in mind, and then I look at ten pages of stuff like this, the complete opposite of what I've hoped to believe.

what has this world come to...? Really?

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
:(:(
you know what i find ironic...?

after i saw the documentary series "The Smash Brothers", I felt that one of the major points of it, besides Melee's maintained prevalence for 14+ years, was the fact that the Smash Bros series brought people together as friends and sappy stuff like that. I liked that a lot... how it didn't matter who you are, you're just another Smash Bros player. you like the game, just like the others, and you'll have no problem making friends.

now keeping all those sappy feels in mind, and then I look at ten pages of stuff like this, the complete opposite of what I've hoped to believe.

what has this world come to...? Really?
Melee fanboys are scared that Smash4 will kill Melee and thats the reason why they are so disgusting. They hate Smash4 and they spread the hate and negative comments everywhere. Thats the reason why the love is gone. Melee fanboys are evil and they want to kill Smash 4 but the good will triumph over evil!!!

Top Bottom