• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I can't be the only person just looking forward to info on the new modes, right? If they confirm DLC then that's a bonus, but I'm basically here to hope that Master/Crazy orders and the board game are entertaining.
Eh, most people seem to only care about the roster sadly. However, I too share your mindset, and eagerly await the reveal of the Master/Crazy orders mode.
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me LOL, why are people EXPECTING a new character tomorrow?! Even if we somehow get one that'll be free DLC for 3DS and unlocked in Wii U...

Y'all really need to lower your damn expectations, because the same people that expect the most, are the first ones to be pissed the **** off.
This. While I wouldn't put it like this, it would better suit people to have a realistic mindset, over a pessimistic/optimistic one. As there's a chance you'll end up disappointing yourself for something that wasn't promised. At the same time, if you do get something that you wanted, you'll be just as hyped.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I'm trying to take as pessimistic a stance as possible, that way I'll be happy no matter what.

:urg:

IT'S NOT WORKING

HYPE TRAAAAAAAAIN:happysheep:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is going to be the first post-Smash announcement Direct I won't be watching live. There's just no reason for me to stay up late just to hear about modes and stuff, the reason I'm excited for Smash Wii U is because it's a console game, the rest doesn't really matter that much to me. Trailers? I already know that those two characters are in, so whatever. New characters? C'mon guys, the launch roster will be the same on both versions, we've known this for ages.

I'll of course watch it later, but there's just no hype for me with this, modes, stages and overglorified hazards just aren't enough to make me watch this. Of course I'll buy the Wii U version, but that's really only because of the home console experience.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's obvious that the new DK stage they haven't shown off yet this entire time was meant to debut alongside Dixie Kong in the new trailer that is shown later today.

Believe.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Like say... a board game type mode? That would be pretty unexpected.
I was under the impression it was multiplayer.
The Orders stuff will probably be single player though.

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
In terms of being realistic, other than expected updated Classic Mode, Event Matches, Trophy function.....

GIVE US ADVENTURE MODE

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm trying to take as pessimistic a stance as possible, that way I'll be happy no matter what.

:urg:

IT'S NOT WORKING

HYPE TRAAAAAAAAIN:happysheep:
In those cases, you try to assume the worst possible cses:

Cpnsidering there will be a livestream video, nothing says its contents.

Which means it's theorically possible we get a black screen for the whole direct.

There we go, that's the best pesssimism you can do :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just want a good DK stage... please no HD Bramble Falls....

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
In those cases, you try to assume the worst possible cses:

Cpnsidering there will be a livestream video, nothing says its contents.

Which means it's theorically possible we get a black screen for the whole direct.

There we go, that's the best pesssimism you can do :)
and it'll be 50 frames long, of course

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
No Trailer was necessary. Brawl hype worked perfectly fine without reveal trailer.
The trailers for Pacman and Shulk where also shown after we already knew they were in the game. It's still nice to have them. We will most likely get a good laugh out of the reveal trailer for Duck Hund and Bowser Jr. And I don't know how this is a bad thing.
Pac-man's trailer yes, but not Shulk's...

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
1. Light Pit
2. Grey Pit
3. Brown Pit
4. Red Pit
5. Blue Pit
6. Yellow Pit
7. Orange Pit
8. Green Pit
9. Purple Pit
10. Dark Red Pit
11. Dark Blue Pit
12. Dark Yellow Pit
13. Dark Orange Pit
14. Dark Green Pit
15. Dark Purple Pit
16. Light Red Pit
17. Light Blue Pit
18. Light Yellow Pit
19. Light Orange Pit
20. Light Green Pit
21. Light Purple Pit
22. Light Brown Pit
23. Rainbow Pit
24. Dark Rainbow Pit
25 Light Rainbow Pit
26. Menu
27. Menu
28. Menu
29. Menu
30. Menu
31. Menu
32. Menu
33. Menu
34. Menu
35. Menu
36. Menu
37. Menu
38. Menu
39. Menu
40. Menu
41. Menu
42. Menu
43. Menu
44. Menu
45. Menu
46. Menu
47. Menu
48. Menu
49. Menu
50. Ridley confirmed playable.

Instantly praised as the best Direct in Nintendo history.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Imagine if the 50 things were 50 newcomers

(And none of them are Ridley).

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Hey

Hey guise

Guise

What if

Hey guise what if

Ridley is too big to be just a stage hazard, and is actually the major boss of the board game mode (i.e. like Bowser in the earlier mario parties?)

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Hey

Hey guise

Guise

What if

Hey guise what if

Ridley is too big to be just a stage hazard, and is actually the major boss of the board game mode (i.e. like Bowser in the earlier mario parties?)
But... but... what was he doing on the Pyrosphere? DUN DUN DUN.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
The Livestream will be going on while I'm at school. It's going to be a long wait to get home.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Speaking of Australia, since Australia has started making Directs of their owns, shouldn't this next one feature Tom from Nintendo Australia instead of the Sakurai?
Possibly yes. But who gives us the info doesn't really matter, as long as the info is given out.

waichingliu81

Smash Cadet
i want to see what new characters have joined the roster, as well as assist trophies, trophies, stickers, stages and gameplay modes. either way, i'm pumped. sakurai, please surprise and shock us.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
PotD... DK vs Samus.

Dixie Kong and Ridley?

Believe.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I would prefer if Reggie-nold did this direct and not Sakurai. But SSB is Sakurai's baby so I guess he'll be talking to us in a few hours.

PotD... DK vs Samus.

Dixie Kong and Ridley?

Believe.
I think Sakurai needs to say for certain no Ridley so this "plz plz Ridley" talk can die.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, sorry if this has been asked a lot already, but... is there a YouTube link for this? They tend to work the best. ^^

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, sorry if this has been asked a lot already, but... is there a YouTube link for this? They tend to work the best. ^^
I would like this too... as I'm on my Wii U right now and I'd like to be able to watch the Direct live on my Wii U...

the8thark

Smash Lord
Pandora's box opens in 3 hours and 20 mins.
Be careful what you wish for.
In this game:

This person (the guy):

Opened pandora's box and all hell broke loose. Will all hell break loose after this Direct opens pandora's box?

Last edited:
Top Bottom