• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Why did you mention Australia in the title but not give the Australian times for the Nintendo Direct. I'll do this for you as you seem to have forgotten to do it.

Australia (NSW/VIC): October 24 at 9AM
Australia (QLD): October 24 at 8AM
Australia (SA): October 24 at 8:30AM
Australia (WA): October 24 at 6AM
Speaking of Australia, since Australia has started making Directs of their owns, shouldn't this next one feature Tom from Nintendo Australia instead of the Sakurai?

LinkJr

Smash Rookie
We already know this. Everyone who has the game knows that they're in it already

It's bad timing. They're basically telling us something that we know of already. This happened for like 3/4 of the Hyrule Warriors Direct
While I understand most people know about it, specially those interested in the game, a vast number of people interested in the Wii U version only haven't been paying major attention to what happened after 3DS launch. Today in a group of friends, one brought up today's pic of the day, unaware of the existence of Duck Hunt, talking about Captain N being in because of the zapper. Sometimes people just don't care enough to go after more info, though many of those might not even watch the Direct...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Here's my take on the matter. I'm actually looking forward to the trailer(s), as surprise or not, they're always entertaining and/or epic to watch. However since roster's been known for the past month it seems rather pointless to attempt hype on what was already revealed. If DH/BJ.'s trailers were PotDs then it'd make more sense.

Then again if there truly isn't a secret newcomer to show off for tomorrow, I guess their trailers are better then nothing beyond exclusive modes and whatnot.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The whole Duck Hunt trailer tease has me worried that he'll be announced tomorrow for the direct... But, I doubt it at the same time. Why would a SECRET character (as Sakurai described him) be announced outside the secret characters section on the site?

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
The whole Duck Hunt trailer tease has me worried that he'll be announced tomorrow for the direct... But, I doubt it at the same time. Why would a SECRET character (as Sakurai described him) be announced outside the secret characters section on the site?
Weren't they all veterans, though?
Doggy and Lil' Koop are the only two major announcements/newcomers left.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Because he has nothing more to offer us. :p

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Because Sakurai is the biggest troll you'll ever meet.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Gee, I wonder who that's hinting at. It's like they're trying to be cryptic and obvious simultaneously.

And it's not working. :glare:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm expecting that the only character announcements that we'll be getting tomorrow (if any) are Duck Hunt and possibly Bowser Junior. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and that there's an announcement either DLC or some sort of bonus for linking the two versions together, but after the 3DS version, I've learned to expect a certain degree of disappointment as far as the roster's concerned.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Gee, I wonder who that's hinting at. It's like they're trying to be cryptic and obvious simultaneously.

Well, to some extent, doesn't Ridley have a duck like face? :p
If the reveal is Duck Hunt/Junior and not a new character, man I'll be dissapointed...

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Well, to some extent, doesn't Ridley have a duck like face? :p
If the reveal is Duck Hunt/Junior and not a new character, man I'll be dissapointed...
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me LOL, why are people EXPECTING a new character tomorrow?! Even if we somehow get one that'll be free DLC for 3DS and unlocked in Wii U...

Y'all really need to lower your damn expectations, because the same people that expect the most, are the first ones to be pissed the **** off.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me LOL, why are people EXPECTING a new character tomorrow?! Even if we somehow get one that'll be free DLC for 3DS and unlocked in Wii U...

Y'all really need to lower your damn expectations, because the same people that expect the most, are the first ones to be pissed the **** off.
We are getting a new character. Duck Hunt is getting revealed.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
We are getting a new character. Duck Hunt is getting revealed.
I still find it annoying when they change the names of things between different regions in games.

Is it hard to decide on one name, like Duck Hunt Duo? >_>

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I think they view "let's not spil you" as a joke honestly.

It's lke, they know we know, but they can't tell it so they make it obvious without telling :)

Which would explain the potd actually...

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Wonder if today's POTD will show off an image of Bowser Jr.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Man, I am excited for tomorrow. I have a quiz and a test, which will be hard, but after that I have the last episode of Daily lives of high school boys, a new episode of RWBY, and the direct! Yowza.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I need to know how long this is going to be. Isn't it usually NicoNico that reveals that kind of thing early?

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I personally hope that Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr are not the surprises tomorrow. I'm hoping for a newcomer trailer during the 50 NEW THINGS IN THIS DIRECT! :D At least 1. Please. jejejje So hypedddddddddddddd ackkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
See, everyone knows Duck Hunt is getting the trailer tomorrow? Why would Sakurai kill the speculation like this? :[

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The DHD trailer doesn't necessarily have to be one of the new things (although it very well could be). They could start the video with the trailer and then Sakurai could introduce the video and then a little counter could be placed in one of the corners of the screen and would start counting with the first thing after the intro.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I can't be the only person just looking forward to info on the new modes, right? If they confirm DLC then that's a bonus, but I'm basically here to hope that Master/Crazy orders and the board game are entertaining.

Top Bottom