• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'm so happy this is happening after I get out of school. So unless some horrible tragedy happens and my whole school gets taken hostage by criminals I should be able to watch the direct.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm so happy this is happening after I get out of school. So unless some horrible tragedy happens and my whole school gets taken hostage by criminals I should be able to watch the direct.
I think it go something like this if a criminal were to take over my school:
"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, GET DOWN BECACUSE IM GOING TO- WHATS THAT?!"

"Its a phone mate, I got stuff to do"

"PUT IT AWA-"

"Nah nah, go away, got stuff to watch, and your criminal activity isnt going to stop the hype train. THIS IS A NINTENDO DIRECT MATE, THE CRITICALS ARE RIGHT HERE.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Actually, Bayonetta 2 is released one day after the upcoming Smash Wii U Nintendo Direct. Most new retail game releases are on Fridays in North America.
I'm pretty sure that's false. I work at GameStop and pretty much almost ALL new releases are Tuesdays. Nintendo is really the only one who releases their games on Fridays and even Sundays, sometimes.

But yeah, Bayonetta 2 is 10/24, so you're right there.

I am pretty excited for this, but I hope its things we don't already know. Let's face it, its most likely stuff we do know, thrown in with 1 or 2 things we don't know about.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Oh boy, I hope Sakurai conducts the new Direct in the same form he conducted the old one from , i think it was, April. That one was tons of fun to watch (and it aired around the same time, right?).

Anyway, 50 Facts are a whole bunch and i am curious to see what the man has hidden in his sleeves for this one. They better be big sleeves...

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
character DLC isn't going to be confirmed before both games are even out. hate to say it, but expecting characters is setting yourself up for disappointment here.

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder here, but whatever you guys do, don't skip school/work to watch the direct live. It's not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
character DLC isn't going to be confirmed before both games are even out. hate to say it, but expecting characters is setting yourself up for disappointment here.
Unfortunately that's really the only thing we're excited for since what fun are the modes if you can't play them with your favorite characters and how is Sakurai going to generate hype for the Wii U with no more characters to hype it up?
My predictions.

Needs more Wolf and Lucas.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would just like to point out that if there is character dlc it doesn't HAVE to be shown here. After all, Sakurai said it takes a whole year to design characters, and we don't know how long he would've worked on DLC for.

With that said, that doesn't stop the fact that there may be announcement for it at the very least.

In terms of content, I'm expecting the full roster to be completed at that point, or at least missing Jigglypuff and Mr. game & Watch.

I also expect a couple new stages, (they have to keep some secret obviously), new music, new trophies.

I expect detailed explanation of the board game, master and crazy order, and maybe 8 player smash.

Lastly, I do expect that they do want one final mind blowing thing to happen at the end, but I couldn't guess.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am also sure no Character is revealed, but I am no party pooper, of course it would be amazing if more characters are actually revealed

ALSO I AM HYPED FOR THE DIRECT

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how the adventure mode must be?
Also, they won't reveal more characters, since there are no time enough.

Last edited:
Just to avoid any confusion and in case anyone makes a joke out of it, I don't mean, "THE HYPE TRAIN FELL CUZ 2 MUCH PEOPLE WERE RIDING IT"

I meant, because we won't be informed of any new ****. I know Sakurai said, "It's not over yet," but I dunno

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We've yet to see the true potential of Smash Wii U... :laugh:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I want Sakurai to say that there will be some Wii U exclusive characters. Yeah, it would be going back on his word, but it wouldn't be the first time and it's stupid that he has to follow a "rule" that he made up. It's his rule, he can change it if he wants to. Besides, there would be a perfectly legitimate reason for having Ice Climbers in the Wii U version and not the 3DS version. It's not like he'd be doing it to punish 3DS only players, but because it's the only way it's even technically possible.

And no, I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

Also, I want to know everything about Stage Builder. I love when games give you a good stage creation tool (like TimeSplitters). Just give us more backgrounds, objects, themes, etc.

And I want to see Break the Targets.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario confirmed :troll:
Fixed :troll:

Anyway, it would be pointless to make that comment so pointless that the mistake on it was obvious :)

No but seriously, they can show like a music or a stage from that series, but I`m not going to expect dlc character however, I FOUND HAPPENING ESPECIALLY FOR RIDLEY LIKELY AT THIS POINT.

What i mean is that first, technically, no one can prove me it's an hazard right? we still DON'T KNOW for SURE right?

Like nothing changed since the August 20 2013 tease...thus...we really didn't advanced and with dlc charcater being quite likely now, it just makes sense that he 's the most likely candidate until deconfirmed.

Then, you read my essay I wrote long ago in his thread and it's still valid because no one can prove he's an hazard AS WELL AS PLAYABLE!

It's just pointing towards the later...that is only if you get why the clip was made.

So, by default, I don't know what to expect, but I acknowledge that the internet might BOOM!

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
The first five new thing are (you must be on this train https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xcxo9FzD0 to read these things)

1. Ridley confirmed ..... as a huge boss
2. Mewtwo confirmed as a DLC
3. Boss Battle confirmed (Bosses: Ridley, Yellow Devil, Metal Face, Metal Sonic, Rayquaza with his Mega Evolution, Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Master Core)
4. Great Temple Officially confirmed with Fountain of Dreams
5.Some informations of Smash World

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
To me, 8 player battle makes sense for online. It's totally doable for offline games, too, what with being able to use the gamepad, gamecube controllers and 3DS systems, but it seems like it would be a logical fit for online play. So, I guess what I'm saying is I'm expecting them to announce 8 player battles for online.

Maybe the reason why some of those sound files are in the 3DS version, like 8-player battle and yellow team, is because the 3DS actually plays sound effects through the 3DS just like they did with the Wii remote in Brawl. So, anything that you have sound files for on the 3DS is a mode in the Wii U version where you can use the 3DS. They could always add in more when the Wii U version comes out, but they may have already had it working with the Wii U version before the 3DS version's release, which is why those sound files are there.

Last edited:

LinkJr

Smash Rookie
Really looking forward to see the board game. Know most people didn't like Smash Run that much but I really like to play it, hope the board mode is great too.

Hoping for new characters, but if it is not there no real problem, roster is already very good.

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
Fixed :troll:

Anyway, it would be pointless to make that comment so pointless that the mistake on it was obvious :)

No but seriously, they can show like a music or a stage from that series, but I`m not going to expect dlc character however, I FOUND HAPPENING ESPECIALLY FOR RIDLEY LIKELY AT THIS POINT.

What i mean is that first, technically, no one can prove me it's an hazard right? we still DON'T KNOW for SURE right?

Like nothing changed since the August 20 2013 tease...thus...we really didn't advanced and with dlc charcater being quite likely now, it just makes sense that he 's the most likely candidate until deconfirmed.

Then, you read my essay I wrote long ago in his thread and it's still valid because no one can prove he's an hazard AS WELL AS PLAYABLE!

It's just pointing towards the later...that is only if you get why the clip was made.

So, by default, I don't know what to expect, but I acknowledge that the internet might BOOM!
NU WHY U NO LIKE MY REQUEST

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I want Sakurai to say that there will be some Wii U exclusive characters. Yeah, it would be going back on his word, but it wouldn't be the first time and it's stupid that he has to follow a "rule" that he made up. It's his rule, he can change it if he wants to. Besides, there would be a perfectly legitimate reason for having Ice Climbers in the Wii U version and not the 3DS version. It's not like he'd be doing it to punish 3DS only players, but because it's the only way it's even technically possible.

And no, I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

Also, I want to know everything about Stage Builder. I love when games give you a good stage creation tool (like TimeSplitters). Just give us more backgrounds, objects, themes, etc.

And I want to see Break the Targets.
Cortez confirmed. Time to Split!

Best fps of all time. Tragedy there isn't a fourth one.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I expect something like Mario Kart TV where you can watch replays and upload to YouTube

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I expect something like Mario Kart TV where you can watch replays and upload to YouTube
They should add a slowdown functionality from MK8 while they're at it. I'd love to randomly slowdown replays just for dramatic effects.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I have a feeling this is going to go by pretty quickly, and won't be super long, unlike a usual direct.

Top Bottom