• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

Reader

Smash Apprentice
In midnight right after my brithday. This might turn out to be my best birthday (or possibly the worst).

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
WOW so my Princess Peach costume and wig get here the 23rd, AND there's a new Direct?? Too bad I have night class at 6:30.

BUT TOO BAD I ALSO HAVE A LAPTOP MWAHAHA

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Why can't they do these direct 2, 3 hours earlier... 1 would also be okay but this is just a bit too late for most europeans... I'm still gonna stay up until midnight but I have to make an essay the next day at 8:30 so that's gonna be hell hahaha

Smash over school!!!!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I could see Squirtle getting in, not Ivysaur though. I'm not too sold on Dixie myself, I feel that all she would be is Diddy's "Falcozation". I want a DK rep but I feel that K. Rool or Cranky would be much better choices.

Another character that's been in my mind for ages but nobody has mentioned is Ray MK III. He has no trophy like Ridley and Isaac, he was a Brawl Assist Trophy and he'd be brilliant to play. Plus the fact that most people haven't mentioned him makes him a very Sakurai choice.
Why would you say such awful things

Ivysaur was like the most fun character to play in Brawl, and definitely Project M. If there had been a character with the same move set in 4 I'd have probably been content but noooo. Let's just cut the best and keep Trainer's worst pokemon as a solomon

Also, there's no reason that Dixie should be a clone. Falco or even Luigi level. She's got so much potential for an original moveset

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I cannot honestly see Dixie being a clone of Diddy. Maybe a very few shared moves, but she should be pretty unique honestly.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Got an exam at 3:00 that day that I haven't started studying for. Ugh.

Any mental reminders of the Smash Wii U Direct will remind me of that exam.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
So excited for this, and especially since this one is at a time I can actually relax and watch it at!

Here's hoping for a character reveal or something about 3DS/Wii U linking for characters being that this is an international Direct. Or confirmation of DLC in the future. In a way, I'm almost just as excited for those possibilities as I am to see if any new stages will get revealed (please something new from Wind Waker HD for Toon Link)!

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Oh man, here it comes, the hype, I wont be able to sleep, but sleep will make time fly, what will we do

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
This is either going to:

A.) Make the Smash community REALLY happy
or
B.) Generate enough salt to open a McDonalds
or
C.) Make people continue to grasp at straws even tho stuff's been de/confirmed.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Meh. I expect more annoying stage boss reveals, a few Wii U exclusive modes, and veterans/a newcomer we already know.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
WOW so my Princess Peach costume and wig get here the 23rd, AND there's a new Direct?? Too bad I have night class at 6:30.

BUT TOO BAD I ALSO HAVE A LAPTOP MWAHAHA

Peach costume and wig? Is that in game bonus content for Miis or something you ordered for Halloween?

Just for the heck of it...

DLC confirmed. :troll:

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Don't get your hopes for any new newcomers, don't expect the villain trailers or any dreamy trailers like that, the direct will probably just focus on the new modes on the Wii U version.
A Smash direct and no character trailer?

Gooby please.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
This is either going to:

A.) Make the Smash community REALLY happy
or
B.) Generate enough salt to open a McDonalds
or
C.) Make people continue to grasp at straws even tho stuff's been de/confirmed.
You can't open a McDonald's if the air doesn't have 5000 calories.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Don't get your hopes for any new newcomers, don't expect the villain trailers or any dreamy trailers like that, the direct will probably just focus on the new modes on the Wii U version.
The Bowser Jr. trailer will be the villain trailer :troll:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Man, I have a huge test in AP Bio that day too. Well, I guess I have something to look forward to after the storm!!!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I swear if we STILL don't see Ridley after this... I don't even care if it'll be stage Hazardley, which is 99.9% possible at this point anyway, just show him already dang it!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Coin Launcher or Riot .... ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

That's all , don't give a crap about secret character (Except Mewtwo and by miracle , Isaac ) if we don't have Coin Launcher .

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I 100% agree with this. If anything, I'd expect DLC to be announced sometime next year, and to be honest, I'd expect only veterans and semi-clone newcomers within a pack.

The Bowser Jr. trailer will be the villain trailer :troll:
This post made me chuckle. Watch as we just get :4duckhunt: and :4bowserjr: trailers.:troll:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Really , if we have a CG trailler for "newcomer/Clone" 75% of internet know them because the game is out like a month on 3Ds .

This would be the masterpiece trolling of Sakurai , his last gift for us ...Get Hype for the reaction !

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Peach costume and wig? Is that in game bonus content for Miis or something you ordered for Halloween?

Just for the heck of it...

DLC confirmed. :troll:
Oh it's for me. Although the dress is shorter than I originally wanted, so I'm gonna have to get some stockings.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I am honestly not expecting any character reveals, actually.
If anything character related, I'm expecting a little tease like "And perhaps we'll see a small increase in challengers upon the Wii U's release."
That and I'm expecting we'll see a Wii U console + Smash + GC adapter bundle.
That one better happen. I swear, if I see a Console bundle with an amiibo instead of the gamecube adapter, imma flip **** (in a bad way).

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm going to be that guy and say that I'm really not expecting to see new character reveals, but I'm over-hyped to see that we're finally going to see at least some of the exclusives that the Wii U version will have. We are so close to its release and yet it feels like we know nothing about it; this fact makes things very exciting to me.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I, persoanlly, am ready for it all to end. The period in-between the 2 e3's was so dry, but somehow so relaxed I couldn't care. After that all heck broke lose, but in a good way. Though I must say I'm a bit exhausted.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I see everyone that can't watch the direct...

While in EST here, it would be at 6pm and it turns out I always arrive mostly at this time so I would have to eat while watching, but at least I don't miss anything.

Btw, I just saw a thread on neogaf that makes dlc by connectivity a bt more likely...

So, you could tell whatever you want, but I still hold to my ridley essay's position because that is valid if dlc is happening and now, it makes more sense if it happens. Meaning that Idk what will be announced but ridley might come at some point.

Tough, this direct would be perfect imo...

50 new stuff...

THEATER HAS MORE THAN !!!

lol, but it could happen that theater is announced...

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Since Amiibos are coming out at the same time maybe we'll see what the Smash Mario Amiibo will do in Mario Kart 8.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Predictions:
1-30: New stages. :p
31-44: Info on new modes/assists/Pokeballs
45-50: Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, and Impa to be pre-installed on Smash U and come to Smash 3DS through an update on 11/21.
Or:
1-50: Stuff we won't care about. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom