• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
SMASHERS!

Here we are. This direct comes on the fringe of the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Looks like this will be our last information expo until the first release day. So through the foreseeable future, this may be the last hype thread of SSB4's life cycle. It's certainly been a wild ride from announcement to now. I haven't felt this enamored with an online community in a while. We've lives through all our freakouts, hype ups, speculations, deconfirmations. Dreams realized and crushed. Hopes for DLC and SSB5.

Let us all gather around for one last time. Shake off our salt. Paste our reactionary gifs. Champion our supports to high heaven. Looks like we're approaching the Final Destination.

GODSPEED, SMASH BRETHREN! GODSPEED!
Preach it brother!

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

I actually have a holter monitor hooked up right now. If there's exciting news, my doctor is going to see the readout tomorrow and be like "wtf happened at 6:00?"
Haha, what's a holter monitor? Some kind of device measuring the heart rate and doctors can later see recording of the readings at any time?

You sure love hearts. And yes, yes it is.

Anyways, anyone has a YouTube link for this yet? I can still not find one. :c
Love hearts? O.o

Last edited:

Pastry123

Smash Rookie
First comment, I'm such a lurker

I'm so hyped. 50 things to be revealed? 35 mins long? And all in glorious HD. I'm so glad I'm sick at the moment and can miss school ;D

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Swedish_Otaku Swedish_Otaku
Not sure exactly what you meant there, but maybe you are just excited. c:

Let's hope it is a nice Direct. And let's hope someone finds a YouTube link. Their other streams Always lags for me. D:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
@ Swedish_Otaku Swedish_Otaku
Not sure exactly what you meant there, but maybe you are just excited. c:

Let's hope it is a nice Direct. And let's hope someone finds a YouTube link. Their other streams Always lags for me. D:
Sorry I misread it. I edited it now. So what do YOU mean?

I'm so damn hungry but Imma wait a little bit and cook something yummy for this occasion. :3

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
First comment, I'm such a lurker

I'm so hyped. 50 things to be revealed? 35 mins long? And all in glorious HD. I'm so glad I'm sick at the moment and can miss school ;D
So glad you could make it here, Pastry! 8D

Hope you enjoy your time here on Smashboards. These 35 minutes should be the most tenacious in a long time.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sorry I misread it. I edited it now. So what do YOU mean?

I'm so damn hungry but Imma wait a little bit and cook something yummy for this occasion. :3
You have a heart as avatar here. Just like on GN. I just assumed that means you area lovey guy. Group hug!

Also, 35 min long, huh. I wonder what will be near the end.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'll effing freak out if there's a demo...

You have a heart as avatar here. Just like on GN. I just assumed that means you area lovey guy. Group hug!
Oh! Haha, you've seen me on IGN? XD
Well, yeah well I think so. But it's from No more heroes, the life meter. Just love the look of it. Sure... hug. ^.^'>

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'll effing freak out if there's a demo...

Oh! Haha, you've seen me on IGN? XD
Well, yeah well I think so. But it's from No more heroes, the life meter. Just love the look of it. Sure... hug. ^.^'>
Never seen you on IGN, just GoNintendo. ^^ Unless you are someone else, with the same name and avatar. And country. ._.
Also, it is? I didn't know that. Though it was something Zelda-related, lol. XD

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Cool. So I managed to get off of work early. Was it an accident? On purpose? You decide.
I won't be hanging around here because CrashBoards tends to happen during these huge announcements. See you guys after the show.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Imagine if they pulled an Apple: "and we are happy to announce a Smash Bros for Wii U Demo, which is available right now!" :dazwa:
I have the Wii U menu open, ready for such an announcement! MY HYPE LEVELS ARE OFF THE CHART RIGHT NOW!!!!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, I was kinda dissponted because the Direct lasts 35 min. I hope the trailers doesn't count as direct time to have more content. Anyway, Hype Train!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I bet we're getting Duck Hunt's trailer and a bunch of info on the exclusive modes. Of course we could also be getting Bowser Jr's trailer but DH's was teased.

Then of course we could be completely taken by surprise and given "version connectivity exclusives" or DLC or something.

Hell, I just want more stuff.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Cool. So I managed to get off of work early. Was it an accident? On purpose? You decide.
I won't be hanging around here because CrashBoards tends to happen during these huge announcements. See you guys after the show.
There's no way we don't get a demo
While I'm certain we'll get a demo, I suspect we'll get it 2 weeks before the release date just like the 3DS version. However, I hope I'm terribly wrong and we do get a demo today. We shall see! :grin:

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
It's almost time to be extremely happy or extremely disappointed. Please show new characters.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Does anybody know a page where they stream AND have a live chat? I want to see people's reaction there live :D

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
The usual countdown with the circle started on my stream. I love that when I'm hyped for a direct/nintendo stream. x3

:p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'M REALLY WAITING IT

(I hope nobody posted this before...)

I think we'll start with Duck Hunt Trailer, followed by 5 minutes about development, 10 minutes of menus and the other 20 of Epic New Stuff

Top Bottom