• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I have a feeling this is going to go by pretty quickly, and won't be super long, unlike a usual direct.
the one in April was 50 minutes (10 seconds were talked for months lol).

So, they can make the internet go crazy in 10 seconds and they took 50 minutes for the video in total.

it's going to be the same here, long but 10 seconds will make the highlight of the whole direct I can tell you.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I would just like to point out that if there is character dlc it doesn't HAVE to be shown here. After all, Sakurai said it takes a whole year to design characters, and we don't know how long he would've worked on DLC for.

With that said, that doesn't stop the fact that there may be announcement for it at the very least.

In terms of content, I'm expecting the full roster to be completed at that point, or at least missing Jigglypuff and Mr. game & Watch.

I also expect a couple new stages, (they have to keep some secret obviously), new music, new trophies.

I expect detailed explanation of the board game, master and crazy order, and maybe 8 player smash.

Lastly, I do expect that they do want one final mind blowing thing to happen at the end, but I couldn't guess.
One final, mind blowing thing?
Easy. A Ridley character reveal trailer, making his BIG debut!

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be too surprised if Sakurai threw in a feature #51 in the very end. Though, after today's POTD, I feel the chance for a Duck Hunt trailer and no other new character is about 95%... :\

Raido

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be too surprised if Sakurai threw in a feature #51 in the very end. Though, after today's POTD, I feel the chance for a Duck Hunt trailer and no other new character is about 95%... :\
So the chance for a newcomer actually increased? O:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
WAIT
FACT 51
EVENT 51
MEWTWOOOOOOOOO
/kappa?

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Debut: Noun. A person's first appearance or performance in a particular capacity or role.
Being a boss is a role. "lol..".
Precisely.
Hence why it wouldn't be his debut... *sigh*...

Edit: Now apologize.

Edit 2: See how easy it is to not double post?

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Times:
Europe : October 24 at midnight
UK : October 23 at 11PM
USA (East Coast): October 23 at 6PM
USA (West Coast): October 23 at 3PM
Japan: October 24 at 7AM
Why did you mention Australia in the title but not give the Australian times for the Nintendo Direct. I'll do this for you as you seem to have forgotten to do it.

Australia (NSW/VIC): October 24 at 9AM
Australia (QLD): October 24 at 8AM
Australia (SA): October 24 at 8:30AM
Australia (WA): October 24 at 6AM

I might be jumping into conclusions but was that miiverse picture possibly a snippet of the possible "reveal" trailer?

I don't know (Seems weird but Sakurai at one point teased something and didn't handle it very well) but like I said, keep your expectations to a minimum.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Precisely.
Hence why it wouldn't be his debut... *sigh*...

Edit: Now apologize.

Edit 2: See how easy it is to not double post?
It is his debut for this game though, considering his role hasn't formally been announced yet. So technically still a debut.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
It is his debut for this game though, considering his role hasn't formally been announced yet. So technically still a debut.
The first guy said it was his debut.
The second guy added "as a boss".
Ridley was a boss in Brawl, which would have been his DEBUT as such.

I wasn't talking to the first guy in any form.

I was basically being a smart-ass to the guy being a smart-ass...

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Why did you mention Australia in the title but not give the Australian times for the Nintendo Direct. I'll do this for you as you seem to have forgotten to do it.

Australia (NSW/VIC): October 24 at 9AM
Australia (QLD): October 24 at 8AM
Australia (SA): October 24 at 8:30AM
Australia (WA): October 24 at 6AM
I was the one who edited the title and OP before to include the times. At the time, I didn't have an AU time, I just copy and pasted what my GF told me lol. At any rate, I included your times in the OP

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I don't think that Sakurai would hint very strongly the newcomer trailer we're getting or there would be no surprise to seeing that there are no transferable characters and there would be no surprise for Duck Hunt's trailer either. Seems strange to me.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im very happy the :4duckhunt: is getting. Trailer

Reminder this means it very likely:4bowserjr: trailer will be shown at this as well (they could both be inside it.)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't even get the point of them getting a trailer

The confusion is strong in me
It may be possible that had already commissioned the trailers of all the newcomers before they decided which ones would be hidden and which ones would not. If that is the case by the time they made the decision they were far enough long with it to say, heck with it we'll show it at some point anyway.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There will be new characters.

Bowser Jr., Mr. Game & Watch and Jigglypuff still have to be officially announced after all.

It may be possible that had already commissioned the trailers of all the newcomers before they decided which ones would be hidden and which ones would not. If that is the case by the time they made the decision they were far enough long with it to say, heck with it we'll show it at some point anyway.
Bad timing though.

Very bad timing

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Bad timing though.

Very bad timing
I don't really understand why. With the 3DS version out for as long as it has there isn't really much reason not to show them at this point.

It's not bad timing since this way, they kept 2 newcomers secret for the 3DS version (not counting the leak).
We already know this. Everyone who has the game knows that they're in it already

It's bad timing. They're basically telling us something that we know of already. This happened for like 3/4 of the Hyrule Warriors Direct

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Anything that has a list of 50 things is probably going to have a lot of repeated information to begin with.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
We already know this. Everyone who has the game knows that they're in it already

It's bad timing. They're basically telling us something that we know of already. This happened for like 3/4 of the Hyrule Warriors Direct
Sakurai said he wants every newcomer to have a trailer.

EVERY. BLOODY. NEWCOMER. Even the ones we already know about.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Think of it this way. In a perfect world, only SMASH 3DS PLAYERS should know about Bowser Jr. and DH Duo, with no one waiting for just the Wii U version having any knowledge of them. Smash Wii U players technically should still be in the dark about Jr. and Duo, so these trailers are geared more towards the Wii U players who don't have Smash 3DS rather than the 3DS players who already know, seen, unlocked and played them.

Or, to put it in a sillier sense, releasing Smash 3DS was the Duo trailer's (and, potentially, the Jr. trailer's) "unlock condition", and tomorrow's stream is the "unlock fight." =P

Last edited:

Raido

Smash Apprentice
That really doesn't change my view on this. It's still unnecessary, whether he wants it or not
No Trailer was necessary. Brawl hype worked perfectly fine without reveal trailer.
The trailers for Pacman and Shulk where also shown after we already knew they were in the game. It's still nice to have them. We will most likely get a good laugh out of the reveal trailer for Duck Hund and Bowser Jr. And I don't know how this is a bad thing.

Top Bottom