• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
8,000TH POST!!!

I just keep on truckin' man.

As for the GameCube VC, if PS3 & Xbox 360 could handle PS2 & vanilla Xbox games respectively, I see no problems with Switch handling the 'Cube.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Yoooooooo this trailer

Hyyyyyyyped. Spidey's always been my favorite Marvel superhero.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
To be honest, even though I think the first two Spider-Man movies of the Raimi trilogy are good, I always felt Tobey Maquire was too old for the role. Or at least looked too old. He certainly plays the awkward, shy nerd somewhat well but does not look like he's in high school at all. Andrew Garfield was definitely a step in the right direction and I think he actually did a pretty good job of being both Peter and Spidey. But I think Homecoming will definitely be one of the best. People complain about how young the new actor looks, but Peter is usually like 15 or 16 in the stories and... I think people forget how young high schoolers actually look.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Path of Radiance is the only localized Fire Emblem game I haven't played.
Speaking of Fire Emblem, I honestly don't know why Nintendo doesn't translate the other FE games and put them on the Virtual Console...

All they would have to do (to my understanding) is just translate them and then they'd get easy money...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of Fire Emblem, I honestly don't know why Nintendo doesn't translate the other FE games and put them on the Virtual Console...

All they would have to do (to my understanding) is just translate them and then they'd get easy money...
Outside of FE6, I doubt they would sell much.

FE1 and FE3 have updated versions in FE11 and FE12. FE4 and FE5 are among the hardest games in the series, which might be a turn off for many. They should remake them instead imo.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You still need to keep note that the GameCube has two memory card slots.
Don't know why it couldn't just do what the PS3 does, in that you can create virtual memory cards on it that have assigned slots.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968

They do have some FE games on the VC, but they were FE7 and FE8 (Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones) and thats how I was able to play them. But they aren't the Japan-only games. Having them on the VC translated and all would be nice, but tbh I would also like a remake/sequel to some of them, like a sequel to Binding Blade, or a 3rd story in Tellius. There's a lot of cool stuff they could do, such as a story about the Seven Heroes, Ike's dad, Greil, or Anri, Marth's ancestor. I hope the next FE game is something like that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Did the OFFICIAL Lazy Town Youtube channel just...?
A cartoon that created a meme is using that same meme via their official Youtube channel?!
Woah.

This is some meta joke right there.
I give it a thumb up/10.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As much as I love the game, I agree that a remake of FE4 would do much better than just putting an official translation on the VC. I don't think it's aged that badly, but it would definitely benefit from some updated mechanics such as proper trading, a more modern support system, some tweaks to some of the skills, and so on. My only concern would be that a remake might dumb down some of the darker elements of the plot; much of the plot is more like Game of Thrones than Game by Nintendo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks! Great to see you're still doing well!:grin:
Yeah, even if I am not as actif as before. (Mostly due to my life and that I don't have my premium anymore)
I'm still posting here and there when I feel like it!
Tough, time has changed...

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, I just posted something important about me in general in the NintenZone.
Since however, I feel like it's really telling alot about how I am now. I decided to repost it here.
Again, sorry if it's just posting something from another thread. But the way I writed this post is just like in every way I wanted to write it.
So, here it is, I hope it won't bother you because that's the last thing I want you to feel.
Anyway, here the post.

-

So I listened to Calling To The Night, since I didn't hear this song since some time.
And now, I feel like I want to cry.
Plus, it remind me that this music was in Brawl. And that Brawl was what introduce me to Metal Gear.
Now, I am going soon to play the series for the first time.
But still...the fact that, Snake never made it back into Smash 4. Not even having some sort of reference in the game or the MG series. (There is that one time where in a Nintendo Direct, where Sakurai mentionned Snake in the Kid Icarus "Codec" moment. But I don't count as a really reference)
To think that, years has passed since I discovered this fabulous franchise. And now, I will finally be able play it by myself.
Just....
I'm sorry if I sound melodramatic or exaggarating, but Brawl -and the Wii too- was one of the first game I ever have and played in my life. I remember all those moment I have. All those amazing franchise I discovered. Back I was having so many problem due to my dyspraxie and my earing. So young, so naive yet so happy. And now, I see how much time have passed, I.....

Thank you Sakurai, thank you Nintendo, and most importantly...
Thank you Kojima.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I stopped caring after 2. Three was not bad but it felt like it had more story than side quests which is why I liked 2. And I never could get into 1. I like to watch my brother play them though.
Yeah 3 was ok. I want 4 cause it doesn't have the stupid time limit anymore.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I totally forgot about that. Kind of like they tried a majora's mask thing. Better without it though.
This is the first game lf the series without a time limit. Now I can have fun killing zombies without screwing up the game and missing pivotal plot points.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Did someone watched the YouTube Rewind 2016? That was a piece of crap.
Luckily, I fixed it! That's my way to celebrate 2017! Happy Holidays!
Here you can watch my own Y.T. Rewind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZL0ULTnqEI

Also, Smash Bros. Melee HD, I heard those rumors, and will really love to play that game with new graphics!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As much as I love the game, I agree that a remake of FE4 would do much better than just putting an official translation on the VC. I don't think it's aged that badly, but it would definitely benefit from some updated mechanics such as proper trading, a more modern support system, some tweaks to some of the skills, and so on. My only concern would be that a remake might dumb down some of the darker elements of the plot; much of the plot is more like Game of Thrones than Game by Nintendo.
Homestly maybe it's just me but if they gave it an art style likeWind Waker I think it would fit.

Plus if they remade it for the Switch but let you get all party members like the psp version I'd be so down for it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw a couple Pokemon Sun & Moon related videos that suggest which Pokemon are the best and worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nVphFzYpbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMH_MSe-BkM

However, there are a couple things that make little sense.
  • Lycanroc (Midday): It may be able to set up Stealth Rock and utilize Accelerock, but a shallow movepool and frail defenses aren't very good. Also, Accelerock struggles to 1-hit KO, even against Pokemon who are weak against Rock-type attacks. In fact, Accelerock fails to KO Aerodactyl, even after it takes Stealth Rock damage, while Aerodactyl can potentially 1-hit KO Midday Lycanroc with Earthquake (50% chance without stat boosting moves or items).
  • Araquanid: While Water Bubble does double the power of Water-type attacks, that's the only real good thing about Araquanid (along with a good special defense). And that strength is easily countered by anything that has Water Absorb, Dry Skin, or Storm Drain. Even Desolate Land can mean bad news for Araquanid, since its base attack is pretty much subpar, and it's not exactly fast either.
  • Toxapex: While it does have the Merciless ability, that ability doesn't change the fact that its offenses are mediocre. It does have strong defenses, but it's also quite slow, and it needs to poison its target in order to get the guaranteed critical hits. Unfortunately for Toxapex, anything that's immune to poison, or has the Shell Armor or Battle Armor abilities, pretty much renders Merciless useless. Frankly, it's not even close to being overpowered, especially when a large amount of Pokemon can easily outspeed and 2-hit KO it with attacks like Earthquake or Psychic.
  • Lycanroc (Midnight): Calling the Midnight Lycanroc one of the worst Pokemon has to be very dumb when you realize that it has access to No Guard. Perfect accuracy Stone Edges are no joke, and it also ensures that Fire Fang and Thunder Fang will always hit. Midnight Lycanroc may not be as fast as its Midday counterpart, but it's less frail, and it can actually utilize Rock Polish to make itself faster. Combine that with No Guard, and Midnight Lycanroc can really shred a lot of Pokemon who aren't resistant to Rock-type attacks.
  • Alolan Sandslash: Having a 4x weakness to Fire-type and Fighting-type attacks may seem bad, but the Slush Rush ability at least gives Alolan Sandslash a chance to be a threat during a hailstorm. It gains access to Aurora Veil, which reduces the amount of damage it takes when Hail is in effect. It can also learn a few attacks that can lead to rude awakenings, such as Earthquake.
  • Komala: Although it's always asleep, you don't want to underestimate its base 115 attack. Komala learns some rather strong attacks, and it does have access to Swords Dance.
  • Silvally: It may not be as strong as Arceus, but you probably shouldn't dismiss it as a threat when it has ways to demolish teams. Silvally gets Swords Dance, which should always be kept in mind when facing it, and the memory that it holds can also play a factor on how well it can plow through teams.

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Yeah, even if I am not as actif as before. (Mostly due to my life and that I don't have my premium anymore)
I'm still posting here and there when I feel like it!
Tough, time has changed...
Daw man. Life changes can be tough. They are usually for the bad I would say, but it's great to see you are not letting it take over! Man, I could actually purchase premium now. Times a changin

Top Bottom