• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Aughghghgh Breath of the Wild looks so good, why does it have to be an undetermined but probably farther than we expect amount of time away?
All that I know is that when you've got monsters who can take away 7 full hearts or more, it really makes you have to fight intelligently. Even just analyzing an enemy's stamina could help you determine which weapon should be used to take it down; if the enemy is a weakling, use a weaker weapon, while you should save the stronger weapons for the stronger enemies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All that I know is that when you've got monsters who can take away 7 full hearts or more, it really makes you have to fight intelligently. Even just analyzing an enemy's stamina could help you determine which weapon should be used to take it down; if the enemy is a weakling, use a weaker weapon, while you should save the stronger weapons for the stronger enemies.
Breath of the Wild is gonna be an intense game.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I love discussing with others about games but sometimes I just can't... There are so many games, so little time...
I have like 2000 games in the backlog that I've been wanting to start/finish

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Congrats to Western Michigan for its 13-0 overall record this year. I was hoping to see Western Michigan win against Ohio and make history at the same time, but it was quite a nail biter near the end of the game.

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Oh god I caught a Togedemaru, it's so effing cuuuuuute, and I nicknamed it Creampuff and want to use it... but I've pretty much got my party build now. Man, I don't even care that my roommates said it's terrible- this game has been like 95% easy anyway so it's not like having one Pokemon that's not that great would be a problem. I don't think any part of this game will be harder than the Totem of the water trial was, to be honest.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally got my Pokemon Moon copy today afternoon. I already preordered it back in October 24, it took this long for it to come.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wikipedia Asian Month came to an end, and I managed to finish 4 articles for it of 300 words each - My articles were about Kanji, Furigana, Korean Peninsula and Imperial Japanese Army.

They're sending a postcard to my home. I'm happy. :b:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wikipedia Asian Month came to an end, and I managed to finish 4 articles for it of 300 words each - My articles were about Kanji, Furigana, Korean Peninsula and Imperial Japanese Army.

My country was also the top search on Google recently, for some reason.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love discussing with others about games but sometimes I just can't... There are so many games, so little time...
I have like 2000 games in the backlog that I've been wanting to start/finish
I feel your pain bro.

300 word for 4 article in different languages? That's impressive.
Me, I write my story only in English since I don't go to French forum anymore. But while there is alot of word, it's take alot of time to finish one.
Especially if we are talking about profil that explain a character 101-style.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Me, I write my story only in English since I don't go to French forum anymore. But while there is alot of word, it's take alot of time to finish one.
No, all in Hindi.

I could write write in more languages I guess, but I was lazy. :p

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I feel your pain bro.

Might that possibly be Laharl in your profile picture?
Because if it is, I commend you for your good taste.
I have also been playing a little bit of Disgaea, for about 10 hours since the autumn sale, and it is pretty great, albeit a bit clunky.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Might that possibly be Laharl in your profile picture?
Because if it is, I commend you for your good taste.
I have also been playing a little bit of Disgaea, for about 10 hours since the autumn sale, and it is pretty great, albeit a bit clunky.
Yup, it's Laharl, or rather, his female form in Disgaea D2 named "Laharl-Chan" by fan.
I like the Disgaea series, but I have only played the first one on DS. But today, I have buyed Disgaea D2 to fix that!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man X is in a fighting game. That's all I wanted to say. Because I can't believe it happened. But I'm happy it did. I hope I can get my hands on it.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Do you know what I just noticed?
On a Wii remote, where the wrist strap starts, there is a plastic thing, and on that plastic thing there is this little "spike", and that "spike" is just perfect for pressing the sync button. This would probably have been good thing to know ten years ago.

Anyway, UGC is nice.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Do you know what I just noticed?
On a Wii remote, where the wrist strap starts, there is a plastic thing, and on that plastic thing there is this little "spike", and that "spike" is just perfect for pressing the sync button. This would probably have been good thing to know ten years ago.

Anyway, UGC is nice.
Only the newer ones have the little nub.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ah, that.

Trump had spoken to the Taiwanese President on the phone, which angered China.
I don't really think this will have any benefit for both Taiwan and US, also calling our president "President of Taiwan" is technically incorrect. This is not entirely a good news.
And I hope some game that was announce on PS Experience will be coming to Switch. MVC Infinite, Danganronpa, Nier Automata etc. may be possible.

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I don't really think this will have any benefit for both Taiwan and US, also calling our president "President of Taiwan" is technically incorrect. This is not entirely a good news.
And I hope some game that was announce on PS Experience will be coming to Switch. MVC Infinite, Danganronpa, Nier Automata etc. may be possible.
Trump just wants to set up some hotels there in the near future, he's not interested in mutual benefit between the countries. Also, claimed China's being pissy over a "congratulatory call," which is funny since he called them. But we all know how fragile his ego is.

Anyway... can I just say that so far, Ryu's and X's models in the new MvC look... kinda actually really bad? Like, Ryu is totally cross-eyed and his eyebrows look like they were glued on above his eyes, and there's just something off-putting about the way X looks. He looks like... an amiibo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We finally have a sneak peek on the Crash Bandicoot remakes that will be coming to the PS4.

With the amount of high quality graphics that are present, it's probably no wonder why it's all PlayStation exclusive. I know that the Nintendo Switch is coming as well, but one would have to wonder if the Nintendo Switch can't handle what the PS4 is capable of doing.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I'm sure Switch could, we're pretty much at a point where the graphical and performance differences are pretty minor for the most part. The biggest barriers that third parties had to the Wii U was the type of hardware being used and sales goals, not so much the quality of how it would look and play. Third parties were putting stuff on Wii U at first, after all- until they realized that sales were tanking and it just wasn't worth the trouble. Switch is both easier to develop for and already way more popular than the Wii U. I'm pretty sure it's just PlayStation exclusive because Sony wants it that way. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We finally have a sneak peek on the Crash Bandicoot remakes that will be coming to the PS4.

With the amount of high quality graphics that are present, it's probably no wonder why it's all PlayStation exclusive. I know that the Nintendo Switch is coming as well, but one would have to wonder if the Nintendo Switch can't handle what the PS4 is capable of doing.
Honestly, the reason why Nintendo can get by with lower specs is just that Nintendo's programmers are that good. It lets their games compete and look just as good as the competitors.
The Wii U running 8 player smash at 1080p 60fps is no mean feat. It's a testament to their programmers.

They could certainly make it work. And it's even easier now considering that Nintendo finally ditched their older architecture for the nVidia one.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure it's just PlayStation exclusive because Sony wants it that way. :p
The Crash Bandicoot series was originally a PlayStation exclusive series until the GameCube and Game Boy Advance era came. My only problem right now is knowing that the remakes are only confirmed to be for a console that I don't have any interests in buying.

Also, let's not forget that the Wii U version of Skylanders Imaginators actually does support the Crash Bandicoot and Neo Cortex figures; I've seen Miiverse posts that prove it.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

That looked dope. It only pained my soul a a little bit when I saw him run past the crates.
Probably the best thing that I will never get.

Honestly, the reason why Nintendo can get by with lower specs is just that Nintendo's programmers are that good. It lets their games compete and look just as good as the competitors.
The Wii U running 8 player smash at 1080p 60fps is no mean feat. It's a testament to their programmers.

They could certainly make it work. And it's even easier now considering that Nintendo finally ditched their older architecture for the nVidia one.
Even if programmers at Nintendo are wizards, I don't understand why would they not use top class hardware. What is there to lose? Sure, they can easily get by with less good hardware, but aren't their programming wizards limited. If they got the best of both worlds, wouldn't the games look even better?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Even if programmers at Nintendo are wizards, I don't understand why would they not use top class hardware. What is there to lose? Sure, they can easily get by with less good hardware, but aren't their programming wizards limited. If they got the best of both worlds, wouldn't the games look even better?
It's two things.
1. Them not caring as much for 3rd party. (Bit them really hard this time with the Wii U)
2. It helps lowering the cost.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That looked dope. It only pained my soul a a little bit when I saw him run past the crates.
Probably the best thing that I will never get.
There have also been some videos that compare the original intro to the remastered intro, and boy have things improved greatly. The characters look to have more personality (especially Nitrus Brio), and the remastered intro actually shows the Cortex Vortex malfunctioning, which answers the question as to what caused Cortex's invention to reject Crash.

On a side note, since the first three Crash Bandicoot games are being remastered at the same time, that pretty much guarantees that the voice actors will remain consistent for each remake. The voice actor changes for Cortex have often been disturbing for the original games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I haven't checked here in a while. Good to know that we're on 7.0 now. :b:
*See the signature*
Now look at this MEME that I just FOUND!
When I say GO, be ready to emote!
GO!
*...*
Ah, let's try something else.
Screen Shot 12-05-16 at 09.28 PM.PNG

brb my life suck anyway so in any case, I regret nothing.:083:
Oh and good to see you again.

Last edited:

FLiBaN

Smash Rookie
I didn't know Crash Bandicoot was getting a remaster. That's cool, I guess.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's up for everyone today?

I have a test tomorrow, but the subject is really boring.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Only had a 3 hour shift at work today because it was all overtime hours, so I'm enjoying the rest of my day with some Pokemon Sun and The Megas. Gonna watch my girlfriend resume Shining Force, too.

Top Bottom